It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oct. 16, 2012 Presidential debate thread

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
OMG.. I'll never get back that wasted time or my brain cells.. *cry*. I wanted to yell at the TV "ANSWER THE DANG QUESTION". It is so absolutely maddening that they refuse to actually answer a direct question. The only expectation I had going into it was that neither one of them could be trusted. They avoided questions and what the hell is with Mitt's 5 point plan? What IS the plan?? Keeping in mind I am not a fan of either man, the entire thing was maddening. And does Obama have women on his cabinet? Just curious since it was made a point of by Romney.

They were speaking English, but they didn't say a damned word! Why even bother if they are not going to answer the questions? I have decided that it doesn't even matter who is elected, NOTHING is going to improve for anyone but the politicians.
edit on 17-10-2012 by MaMaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
If Obama wins we get what we deserve. Anyone could spend five minutes on google to see what Obama is all about. Most people won't spend the effort to check him out they r to worried about if he is a democrat or republican and want to vote on that issue. I mean really when did it become bad to make money or be successful in this country. Oh I know after Obama took over. R we all commies now? Damn when did it become cool to be a low life or just someone to get what they can get while they can get it. Maybe Americas greatness is finally over, the only downside is that there is no other place to go.
((

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateuniverse
Open Ended Question For All:

Besides attacking Romney, did Obama offer any new plans or ideas for how he'd govern the next 4 years?

Does rhetoric count?
Neither one of them did, it's because it doesn't matter who is elected, nothing is going to change.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

Yah know? It's been bugging me that you seem so familiar. It just now registered for me....

Are you Outcast Searcher?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

-Obama had 9% more speaking time than Romney. He spent all that time attacking, instead of presenting new ideas for our future.

-Obama's administration has the largest gender pay gap in modern presidential history. He regularly excludes women, except Jarret, during high level meetings.

Just google it.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Debate seemed to show them to be....

- A snake oil salesman who is in a hurry to say anything to become President

VERSUS

- Some angry young black man who lost the plot a few years ago and is on the entirely wrong track anyway.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Republican versus Democrat here means chosing between...

a. Steadily accelerating decline and collapse
b. An unprincipled Government by random walk.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

reply to post by MaMaa

-Obama had 9% more speaking time than Romney. He spent all that time attacking, instead of presenting new ideas for our future.

-Obama's administration has the largest gender pay gap in modern presidential history. He regularly excludes women, except Jarret, during high level meetings.

Just google it.

admittedly I asked here in this thread because I'm tired and being lazy. I have use of one arm so being on here one handed typing is frustrating.
I honestly did not notice that 9% difference. All they did was spew out non answers. It isn't as though Romney would have done much with that extra time difference anyway. All they did was talk to hear themselves speak and not actually address the issues. OH and of course Obama didn't address the fast and furious scandal. I wouldn't trust either one of them to so much as babysit my children while I walked to the next room!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
reply to post by campanionator

Yah know? It's been bugging me that you seem so familiar. It just now registered for me....

Are you Outcast Searcher?

Nope, but I am a long lost friend

If you guys want Gordon Gecko Heavy, who is gonna do a Bush heavy, enjoy...

At least my guy has turned this economy in the right direction in REALITY -

edit on 17-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I watched the debate and have not read any partisan websites or shows.

The president clearly won this one, guys. He refuted Romney often, with facts, and got under Mitt's skin. Mitt was clearly uneasy and continually begged for more time, while dancing around the current question from the audience. While not as big a victory as Mitt had the first time around, to say that Romney won this debate is simply being dishonest with yourself.

Mitt even had a few chances to hit Obama hard, in regards to the attack, but he somehow turned that into an Obama victory by dropping a brain fart. I don't know if Mitt doesn't actually know the facts, if he lies so often that he got mixed up or what, but the president once again had to correct him.

The last blow about Mitt not caring about half the country was the deal sealer.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

If you seriously think Obama "Let" Romney win in the last debate, i'm not even sure what to say to you. Obama clearly had no idea what he was doing last time, he tripped over his words constantly, and not to mention how incredible nervous he looked. Guy looked like a lost child at a super store. Actually, it seems like history repeated itself judging from this debate.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
I watched the debate and have not read any partisan websites or shows.

The president clearly won this one, guys. He refuted Romney often, with facts, and got under Mitt's skin. Mitt was clearly uneasy and continually begged for more time, while dancing around the current question from the audience. While not as big a victory as Mitt had the first time around, to say that Romney won this debate is simply being dishonest with yourself.

Mitt even had a few chances to hit Obama hard, in regards to the attack, but he somehow turned that into an Obama victory by dropping a brain fart. I don't know if Mitt doesn't actually know the facts, if he lies so often that he got mixed up or what, but the president once again had to correct him.

The last blow about Mitt not caring about half the country was the deal sealer.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I totally agree with this.

It seemed fairly decisive to me, and I am not an "entrenched" voter. The President seemed to prove that he didn't need to rely on a teleprompter either.

Damn, when I was younger I would have loved a "binder full of women".

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Open Ended Question For All:

Besides attacking Romney, did Obama offer any new plans or ideas for how he'd govern the next 4 years?

How could he ?

All he did was rehash the failures and spin new webs of hope.

He "lectured" more than anything and over reacted big time when challenged.

He tried to make the failed policies into some kind of brand new "solutions"

That's all folks !!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by georgemoseleylander
Debate seemed to show them to be....

- A snake oil salesman who is in a hurry to say anything to become President

VERSUS

- Some angry young black man who lost the plot a few years ago and is on the entirely wrong track anyway.

Obama hardly seems like the "angry black man", lets not forget he is half white.
He seems like someone who thinks he has the "election" in his pocket, he's way laid back.
edit on 17-10-2012 by LightWarrior11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Watch how Candy squirms and grimaces

CNN's Candy Crowley admits that Romney was actually right during the debate on the Libya remark (October 16, 2012).

"CNN's Candy Crowley: Romney Was Actually Right On Libya"

Buzz !!

Busted !!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Small businesses only expand if demand for their product increases. Demand for products increase when people have income to spend.

America needs to build its small business base from new, innovative ideas. Does anyone here care to guess who the largest worldwide investor in alternative energy is? BP. Yep, an oil company.

We need to be investing and starting up small companies that take advantage of technology, not carving logs.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Listen,

Obama's policies might have not achieved their "promised goal", but it was pretty bad when he got elected, and it's better now.

Lets imagine if McCain/Palin would have gotten elected. Where do you think we would be right now? Better? No, really -- would it be better?

I don't think people remember where we were at 4 years ago, and how things have stabilized.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

I don't think people remember where we were at 4 years ago, and how things have stabilized.

Good thing you didn't mention Bush.

He's the invisible president that didn't contribute anything to the mess Obama inherited.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by xuenchen

Listen,

Obama's policies might have not achieved their "promised goal", but it was pretty bad when he got elected, and it's better now.

Lets imagine if McCain/Palin would have gotten elected. Where do you think we would be right now? Better? No, really -- would it be better?

Let's not live in a fantasy either.

The facts of the economy are very very real.

Obama & Co. have achieved nothing.

And beside, it's the voters who will see what they see.

There's enough threads here to fill all the question marks.

There are millions of "new" assistance recipients that want the normal jobs and lifestyle back.
The chickenfeed help is not good enough.

Obama hasn't delivered as promised.

That's what "people" know for sure.

Obama can not come up with new material.

He's out of gas.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

The binder full of women was clearly a file of resumes of qualified women who could fill positions in the company. Do you have any business experience at all?

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join