It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debates show another difference in Democrats and Republicans

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtrenthacker
Ryan did not lose that debate. Ryan was much more intellectual. While Biden was all over the place. He never once answered the question asked. He just kept saying, "Well Romney said or did this". His ending statement was the worst in history. Who brings up the person your running against in your closing speech he didn't even look into the camera and address the nation. Paul Ryan won hands down. He wasn't even frazzeled. He looked straight into that camera and told us to vote for Romney/Ryan and why.
edit on 12-10-2012 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

Ahem- They've told us to vote for them but they have not said why yet. With less than 30 days to go before the election I think this party ought to start showing their hand if they want votes.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

No one is saying that Ryan was "far" better. This debate was pretty equal. I didnt see anyone coming out as a clear winner. Last week that was not the case and I was upset with my candidates preformance. This week its a little cloudier as to who came out ahead.
Cant wait til next week.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabalis

How do you cheat in a debate? You either know what your talking about or you dont. Is having notes cheating? I dont think so its not a test. Please explain how someone cheats on a debate. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Democrats didn't cry when Obama lost the first debate? Hello, where is that Romney has notes in his Kleenex thread? Almost spit out my energy drink when I read that baloney.

Is there a difference between Democrats and Republicans when it comes to these sort of things? Nope, delicious tears all around.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Did you watch the debate? We saw a different debate for sure.
Funny results I heard this morning
Those who watched said Ryan won.
Those who listened on the radio said Biden won.
Much like the debate between Richard Nixon and John F Kennedy. Those who merely listened to that debate claimed the win for Nixon but those who watched on TV said that Kennedy clearly won. Obviously there was a difference in the pleasant looks of Kennedy vs the rough rider looks of Richard Nixon.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Does it really matter who "won" the VP debate...I bet a significant portion of people won't remember the debate next Monday.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Remember that Biden's been doing this longer than Ryan's been on the planet. Ryan started started getting long winded and eating up the time alloted to answer the moderator's question(4 mins). Biden asked both the moderator and Ryan to enforce and respect the sharing of time. Ryan didn't respect sharing time and the moderator didn't enforce it. So, Biden took matters into his own hands (nobody puts baby in the corner, lol) and interupted Ryan. Just part of debate technique. Point to point and accusation to accusation Biden won, doesnt matter if you didnt like his body language. Granted in the popularity contest, its enough to turn off the uninformed masses.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Guys Guys Guys, this thread isn't about the debate, it's about the REACTION to the debate.

....also, the original intent has already been met and it's kind of "over with" now....

.... carry on....

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacksmoke
Remember that Biden's been doing this longer than Ryan's been on the planet. Ryan started started getting long winded and eating up the time alloted to answer the moderator's question(4 mins). Biden asked both the moderator and Ryan to enforce and respect the sharing of time. Ryan didn't respect sharing time and the moderator didn't enforce it. So, Biden took matters into his own hands (nobody puts baby in the corner, lol) and interupted Ryan. Just part of debate technique. Point to point and accusation to accusation Biden won, doesnt matter if you didnt like his body language. Granted in the popularity contest, its enough to turn off the uninformed masses.

According to CNN time counter, Biden actually had nearly a minute of extra talk time, plus 84 interruptions in 90 minutes.

Just because I say the sky is purple doesn't make it purple.
Biden was RUDE. Sure, it was effective at catching Ryan and keeping him off point of saying anything meaningful, but it ended there. It also prevented Mr Career Politician and Mr Part of Everything Wrong in Politics for the past 40 years Biden from coming up with anything beyond lies and accusations as well.

Ryan should have called him out as a career politician at the first, "well back in 83" remark from Biden and stopped it there. He should have asked Biden if he was locked in a padded room for the past several days with his contradictory statements in direct conflict from the same-day remarks from his own state department in the congressional hearing.

But, he didn't, so all the liberal talking heads get to praise how their Joker-parodizing Biden somehow won some big electoral debate.

TLDR: the 90 minutes of Ryan vs Biden lastnight, I sincerely can't even call it a debate. It was just two disappointing people talking with the goofy white haired guy on the left constantly smiling during conversation of americans dying, and a timid scrawny guy on the right, used to being a "numbers guy" not giving any numbers out.

Disappointing at its worst.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Ryan did not lose that debate. blah, blah blah.

See, another example of exactly what I'm saying

thats weird, cause all the polls say he won the debate.......

So whose "blah blah blahing" now?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Ryan did not lose that debate. Ryan was much more intellectual. While Biden was all over the place. He never once answered the question asked. He just kept saying, "Well Romney said or did this". His ending statement was the worst in history. Who brings up the person your running against in your closing speech he didn't even look into the camera and address the nation. Paul Ryan won hands down. He wasn't even frazzeled. He looked straight into that camera and told us to vote for Romney/Ryan and why.
edit on 12-10-2012 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

He didn't look into the camera because the camera wasn't pointed at him. I noticed this. I noticed the camera was straight dead-center for Ryan.

Am I going to complain that it's not fair? Nope. It's called putting on big boy pants.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Republicans and democrats are equally destructive to our country. They devise evil plots of deception and cannot be trusted in their words or actions. Subjugation is their design and we are their sheep to manipulate.

They both offer false and shallow ideologies which are not internally consistent. Any person that has freed him or herself from the grips of this mind enslavement can easily destroy both parties with simple facts. Those on the inside refuse to consider those facts because they are comfortably mentally enslaved like puppets. It's just easier that way I guess.

Quite repulsive really.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I think that these two debates seem to be an excellent way of testing people. It was kind of the flip reversal attitude in the debates, and both times I see and hear republicans being bullies.
I am not telling you how I am going to vote, nor what all my political views are. But I do see a trend, a downward spiral in social skills more so on the republican side. All the way around it seems there is a battle betwext the dem and reps from the republicans judging everyone and deciding where they want your butt to be seated or standing. The rep party today is such a bizarre social stance.
Seriously, they say no to gay power/choices( and seriously, it changes nothing for your life, right, so let them marry, geez), and then they say "no" to women about their rights with their own bodies(anti anything about her own birthing rights), and I know not all rep's are THIS extreme, but, it is an overwhelming majority.
I feel like no matter how the democrats handle the debate(s) the rep's are going to bully, insult, and degrade the debating parties. It is so bizarre to me.
Is there something else going on here? What am I missing?
edit on 12-10-2012 by MoEskiMo because: Why are we not focusing on jobs, the deficit, and who want US jobs to grow and be here in the US?

edit on 12-10-2012 by MoEskiMo because: add a question /comment

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

From what I saw, and what I have been reading this morning so far, most will agree with me that Ryan was far better at the debate than Bidden.

Ryan lied his ass off for 90 minutes and America voted for Bush twice - you are probably right

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Everyone could agree that Obama lost the first debate which was civil and much more disciplined then last night's debate. Romney won without interruption, rudeness, and sarcasm. Obama didn't seem to make much effort to defend himself and probably put the last nail in the coffin in my decision to not vote for either of them. I don't trust Romney, but respected his debate skills though as I said..... I don't trust him. Obama couldn't defend himself so I am not going to do it for him. Of course, the problem Obama has is that to really go after the 1% ideology that Romeny represents, he would have to go after his own financial base. That's why Obama is defenseless, he is protecting the same big business that Romney is...
Last night's debate? Two sides, .. on one you had a rude, immature, sarcastic snide Biden that made me sad for the fact that he is supposed to represent some of my progressive values, on the other you had Ryan who was nice, cordial, and a demagogue with party line statements and a see through ability to side step the questions. Biden lost me with his rude sarcastic egoism, Ryan lost me most on one question,. The moderator asked first Biden then Ryan how they would respond to a war vet who is sick of BOTH SIDES' lies, smear campaigns and negative extremism. Biden apologized for some of what is said in these campaigns (even if insincere,) and played it off that some of these shameful statements are made without their knowledge through different homegrown campaign organizations. Ryan sidestepped the question completely and was not MAN ENOUGH to say that he too is ashamed for some of his parties actions, lies, and misrepresentations... And instead just attacked the Obama/Biden ticket. All the while getting a big F*** *** from me, as so many on the outside see that both parties have acted shamefully. He was not man enough to admit it, at least Biden was. However that does not excuse Biden from acting like an immature ladies' feminine product most of the night, so **** him too. No one won last night. The American people lost. I am not voting for either of them. I doubt much will change under either.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Who won the debate? Basically, it was a tie updated 5:56 PM EDT, Fri October 12, 2012 Call it a draw. Forty-eight percent of voters who watched the vice presidential debate think that Rep. Paul Ryan won the showdown, according to a CNN/ORC International nationwide poll conducted right after Thursday night's faceoff. Forty-four percent say that Vice President Joe Biden was victorious. The Republican running mate's four point advantage among a debate audience that was more Republican than the country as a whole is within the survey's sampling error. Half of all debate watchers questioned in the poll said the showdown didn't make them more likely to vote for either of the candidates' bosses, 28% said the debate made them more likely to vote for Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney and 21% said the faceoff made them more likely to vote to re-elect President Barack Obama...

As of 5pm today.... Still 48%. Ryan. 44%. Biden

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I'm surprised so many people care so much about who won this 'debate' and care less that these two are the best choices being presented to us.

It's disillusioning so many are into the whole 'team left vs. team right' thing. If either of them were on my team I'd trade them.

I'd criticize my candidates but none were allowed to participate.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I haven't read the entire thread so not sure if it has been mentioned, but the CNN poll that had Ryan winning by 48% to 44% was taken immediately after the debate as has been mentioned, but even more importantly it has a sample size of just 380 people, which is far too low to be indicative of anything really. It should probably be discarded as useless.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

You had to know it was coming. Seabag made a thread about obama going to the debate hosts wedding and how she would be biased because of that for some reason. He of course neglected the fact the both Biden and Ryan agreed onn all aspect of the debate.

And so she was biased. It was quite obvious. She was a lousy moderator and many many people in the media and bloggers and many people here said so. She was blatant and probably hired by the Obama team to do the job expressly so she could give team Obama the advantage, only Biden showed himself a complete bully and a real a$$. Sorry, He is a liar and a snake as well. The ultimate snake oil politician. If winning by lying is what you are looking for, that's exactly what you got.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AudioOne

Unfortunately, what Biden was really doing was saying his opponents attack ads were horrible and it was more like a kind of bait and switch, where he sounded apologetic but still blaming his opponents. Why would Biden actdually apologize for Obama's crummy pathetically vicious ads? Sorry my boss is a jerk for doing it? Not a chance, Biden pulled a bait and switch to garner support then said it was all the Romney camp ads. Was nearly as slick as Clinton.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join