It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debates show another difference in Democrats and Republicans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
OK, this came to light in an extreme way last night.

When Obama lost the first Presidential debate, the Democrats' reactions were "He really blew it" and went on with reasons why he did so. ...reasons focused on HIM, not on the opponent, not on the moderator, not on light being in his eyes...

When Ryan lost the VP debate, the Republicans' reactions were "the moderator was against him, Biden laughed too much, blah blah this, blah blah that". Never, not once admitting that Ryan got his butt handed to him on a platter.

Come on, at least admit it when you lose and focus on what your candidate could do better instead of realizing it when you lose but trying to cover it up by attacking the other side with anyhting and everything you can.

You want the most extreme form of honesty? It's admitting when you lost. Democrats admitted Obama lost the first Presidential debate because he did. Republicans are having trouble admitting Ryan lost the VP debate even though it's EXTREMELY obvious that he did. Come on folks, man up and take it in stride.

Some are even blindly claiming Ryan did better than he actually did. If you can't face reality, how is anyone going to take you seriously?? ... makes me want to laugh at you like Biden laughed at Ryan

Republican mind set: If you can't say something nice about your candidate, then attack the other candidate.

edit on 12-10-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Actually I watched Biden argue, speak out of turn, and ridicule Ryan.

Alot.

Where is the debate when Biden continually interrupts Ryan?
Where are the real answers if your opponent keeps scoffing and chuckling?

I didn't watch a "debate" last night.
I watched a stupid, petty argument.
There's no winner when there was no debate.

Either of which sides lost, anyways.
The moderator did a terrible job conveying questions, also.

Just another form of entertainment for the mindless.
Besides, why does the VP debate anyways?
If they win or lose, they still go with their side!
We can elect Romney and Biden?
I think not.

Pointless drivel was all I watched

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I was interested in hearing both sides and their responses to the questions but I ended up becoming irritated with Joe's laughing, smirking and interrupting whenever Ryan tried to respond. It was very distracting.

I don't think either side won and polls are all over the place, some saying Biden won and some saying Ryan won.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
According to the fact checkers, pointless drivel was all the Presidential debate was too. Does that mean it was a draw or will Republicans fight to chalk that up as a win in their column? THAT is the big difference.

Since both debates were essentially the same but with opposing sides "winning", it's 1-1, but according to the Republican viewers, Romney won the first one and they "cheated" or whatever slur they like at the moment for the second one.

They are EXTREMELY sore losers... but of course we already knew that from the 2008 election where instead of wanting to work together to move forward their only battle cry was "let's make him a one-term president".

They have prevented recovery, they have prevented important measures from being taken, they have filibustered, they have blatantly voted against the American citizens all for one purpose, to oppose Obama instead of trying to move forward and helping the country recover from the devastating loss we suffered during 8 years of Bush.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
I was interested in hearing both sides and their responses to the questions but I ended up becoming irritated with Joe's laughing, smirking and interrupting whenever Ryan tried to respond. It was very distracting.

I don't think either side won and polls are all over the place, some saying Biden won and some saying Ryan won.

What polls are saying Ryan won? I'd like to see the sources as I have not seen any (other than the polls from about 5-10 minutes immediately following before everyone who was going to "vote" voted)...of course that's more of an indication of people trying to make it into something it isn't and the "paid shill brigade" (not paid in actual money, just in more brainwashing vouchers) that immediately click the polls for a certain side regardless of the outcome.

...up to date polls of course, not polls from last night immediately following the debate by a few seconds

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Ryan did not lose that debate. Ryan was much more intellectual. While Biden was all over the place. He never once answered the question asked. He just kept saying, "Well Romney said or did this". His ending statement was the worst in history. Who brings up the person your running against in your closing speech he didn't even look into the camera and address the nation. Paul Ryan won hands down. He wasn't even frazzeled. He looked straight into that camera and told us to vote for Romney/Ryan and why.
edit on 12-10-2012 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtrenthacker
Ryan did not lose that debate. blah, blah blah.

See, another example of exactly what I'm saying

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

From what I saw, and what I have been reading this morning so far, most will agree with me that Ryan was far better at the debate than Bidden.

I think what you are doing is sticking by your side, and ridiculing the other.

Basically playing the "republicans are stupid racists" card.

It is obvious you are a democrat from the wording you have used, and the stance you have taken, which means you. Weren't watching to make an informed decision, you were watching so you could attack the opposition the following day. Which is the real problem with this entire political process.

Your obviously in the tank for Obama, why not be honest and admit your position and at the minimum try to be a little objective about the entire thing.

Please don't try to accuse me of being a republican, I have made at least 50 posts in the political forums now about my political beliefs, and they are most definitely not patisan, I am for America, not a party, I don't vote democrat or republican, as both are equally stupid. Neither ever does a single thing to help the people, they only serve their corporate masters.

Or do you actually think that these hard line extremeists are working for the good of all, as in real life there are few black and white issues, the grey area is the truth of all these things.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

You had to know it was coming. Seabag made a thread about obama going to the debate hosts wedding and how she would be biased because of that for some reason. He of course neglected the fact the both Biden and Ryan agreed onn all aspect of the debate.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

What polls are saying Ryan won? I'd like to see the sources as I have not seen any (other than the polls from about 5-10 minutes immediately following before everyone who was going to "vote" voted)...of course that's more of an indication of people trying to make it into something it isn't and the "paid shill brigade" (not paid in actual money, just in more brainwashing vouchers) that immediately click the polls for a certain side regardless of the outcome.

...up to date polls of course, not polls from last night immediately following the debate by a few seconds

CNN this morning shows Rying winning by 48% to Biden's 44%. It's a narrow margin, for sure.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

Those things don't matter when declaring a winner. Romney only told lies and was declared the winner even though he really lost.

As for me, I didn't waste my time with the nonsense. Gray wasn't there it was just a show.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Yeah and the "liberal" MSM destroyed Obama after the debate (as they should he got his ass handed to him)

You'd never see FoxNews admit that their candidate lost anything or even has any flaws.
edit on 12-10-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Another example of attacking someone instead of stating using examples of what their opponent did well.

Wow, they must not have ever been confronted about this before so the handlers haven't taught them how to deal with it

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

CNN this morning shows Rying winning by 48% to Biden's 44%. It's a narrow margin, for sure.

No it doesn't, link to it.
There's one that was posted at 11:25 pm, that was last night, less than an hour after the debate was over when only the republicans were worried about running to click on polls.
Just like I said, UP TO DATE, that means this morning, after the shills have gone to bed and are still sleeping in so we can see what the majority of the actual public thinks opposed to what those who have no job or family to take care of think

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

You had to know it was coming. Seabag made a thread about obama going to the debate hosts wedding and how she would be biased because of that for some reason. He of course neglected the fact the both Biden and Ryan agreed onn all aspect of the debate.

Yeah, they definitely started early with their excuses

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Yes it does. Here's the link you could have easily looked up yourself.
CNN Poll

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

How about the excuses from the left that Romney cheated?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabalis

Yes it does. Here's the link you could have easily looked up yourself.
CNN Poll

Posted 11:25 last night, not up to date at all, just as I said.
That was the result of the republicans running to click links to try to claim he won when he didn't.

Now link to an up to date poll that claims the lies you are trying to spread

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabalis

How about the excuses from the left that Romney cheated?

Nobody I know is doing that, nobody I've seen is doing that. Hence the thread here

Look back at the OP, it says we readily admit that Obama lost the first debate, why are you having such a difficult time admitting that Ryan lost?

It's a matter of being a sore loser and not wanting to worry about what the truth is. If you can't support your candidate, you attack the other candidate.

The republicans need to grow up and take it on the chin, then regroup and do a better job if they want to compete.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

Do you mean this poll?

Who do you think fared better in the vice presidential debate?

Biden 63% 13064
Ryan 37% 7831

Total votes: 20895

www.cnn.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join