It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Iran Have The Right To Strike The West Now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Personally I believe it does, but would like to hear other points of view.

The way I see it, our governments have imposed sanctions and committed acts of war and terrorism already against Iran with no legitimate reason underpinning. They have been bomned, had computers attacked, struck by economic warfare and the question is why?

The west maintains that its because of thier nuclear program, however, recent reports have come out stating that sanctions will not be lifted even if thier "peaceful" nuclear program was put on hold.

The west has no evidence and has put forward no evidence of WMD being built in Iran either. This shows Irans restraint, I wonder if the west would show similar restraint? I doubt that very much.

The only people suffering from these sanctions is the poor and infirm. So my question is, does Iran habe a legitimate reason to strike back now?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Keep poking them with a stick till they respond than hit them with a crow bar, seems to be us foreign policy...

It would be very stupid of Iran to get hostile if they where smart they would try diplomacy till the bitter end.

edit on 11-10-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

The way I see it, our governments have imposed sanctions and committed acts of war and terrorism already against Iran with no legitimate reason underpinning. They have been bomned, had computers attacked, struck by economic warfare and the question is why?

They have also had scientists assassinated just to add to the few you presented. I agree with you. They have just as much right to attack as Israel or the US does.

The west maintains that its because of thier nuclear program, however, recent reports have come out stating that sanctions will not be lifted even if thier "peaceful" nuclear program was put on hold.

Its called Hypocrites who are looking for a conflict at any measure.

The west has no evidence and has put forward no evidence of WMD being built in Iran either. This shows Irans restraint, I wonder if the west would show similar restraint? I doubt that very much.

Its confusing isn't it?

The only people suffering from these sanctions is the poor and infirm. So my question is, does Iran habe a legitimate reason to strike back now?

Yes, they do. Iran will not though because they are not the type of country to launch a war. If they are attacked, they will retaliate. The idea would be to make Israel look like the aggressor but unfortunetly, the Israelis are trying to make Iran look the same.. Its called a stand off lol

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
They as a country can do anything they want.

They should do anything they want so we can fix the problem.... (their aggressiveness)
edit on 11-10-2012 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012

They should do anything they want so we can fix the problem.... (their aggressiveness)

One day a big coalition of the willing might want to fix our problem of aggressiveness as well no?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Has everyone forgotten Afghanistan? Iraq?

Regardless of who's right, who has the right, who's wrong, all this military actionable nonsense is costing everyone money, and a lot of people their lives.

The only people that really benefit from these scuffles are the guys that make more money in one week than most people make a year.

Sometimes I really wish that gay bomb weapon thing was real so we could get rid of all the tanks and planes where soldiers could just run around buggering each other so much they don't have time to fight.

edit on 11-10-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
What needs to happen is the good people of Iran and the good people of the U.S and western world need to kick our governments out and get new leaders not corrupted by wealth and power.

These dynasties of leaders who have no interest in serving the people and just protect their cronies.

Let's do what iceland did, kicked out the bankers, booted out the government and came up with a new system.. And do you know what happened when they refused to pay back the banker's debt. NOTHING. Nobody died when they kicked out the government. We the people should start a dialogue with The Iranian people, this is too important to trust our corrupt governments with.

edit on 11-10-2012 by rolfharriss because: Comma placed

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012

No different to the fighters in Afghanistan, hey? Protecting there homeland as best as they can.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I'd say Iran could try a bit of a foreign policy change.
For instance. The president of Iran might try to tone it down a bit.
A weekly tirade and threat to "wipe Israel from the face of the Earth" isn't exactly making them seem as warm and fuzzy as they might.

Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
I'd say Iran could try a bit of a foreign policy change.
For instance. The president of Iran might try to tone it down a bit.
A weekly tirade and threat to "wipe Israel from the face of the Earth" isn't exactly making them seem as warm and fuzzy as they might.

Just a thought.

That is a hoax, it was a threat if Israel strikes Iran.. Listen to his speeches don't trust how news channels report them, you may be surprised what you hear!
When a Muslim country wants to be friends with Israel that's the death knell! It does not fit in with the story that we are sold. Listen to Gaddafi's speech at the UN, when Muslim leaders talk of peace that is when they are dispatched.
edit on 11-10-2012 by rolfharriss because: Wrong hear

edit on 11-10-2012 by rolfharriss because: Spell

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
The imposing of sanctions, including trade cut-off, the freezing (theft) of it's money in overseas banks and blockade of all necessary goods to function is itself a de facto declaration of war. It is there to bring a state to it's knees and force our will upon them.
It does not matter one bit how many innocent people are affected or how many die as a result of death and disease brought about by the unavailability of essential food and medicine, as long our leaders and their banking and corporate handlers get the desired outcome. Namely, control over that country's finances and resources. Backed up of course, in the final stages, by military engagement, usually of a weakened force unable to properly defend itself.

It's bullying, pure and simple, but on a massive scale, where death is just the price of doing business, except for those making the policies of course, who just sit comfortably at home watching their stock portfolios rising.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Okay' I'll play

Sanctions are not generally considered an act of war but of interest is that the motivation behind Imperial Japan attacking Pearl Harbor, Manilla and Singapore in Dec.1941 was a petroleum embargo although the reverse of the current situation with Iran.

In Japan's case, the U.S. shut off the taps in response to the Japanese occupation of Manchuria. While the U.S. has little love for the post revolutionary Islamic Republic of Iran, historically the west has had a much better case for military action against Iran than Iraq.

There have been plenty of political opportunities to force regime change through military action and honestly, the U.S. doesn't seem interested.

There is no evidence that the west is responsible for the recent internal Iranian bombings. Iran has plenty of its own-inner turmoil, most people just don't hear about it due to the efficiency of the Ministry of Intelligence and National Security's efforts at censorship.

There is evidence to suggest the Stuxnet Worm that destroyed a high percentage of the Iranian nuclear centrifuges was a product of western sponsored efforts.

Cyberwar is a tricky call, the Peoples Republic of China gets caught trying to hack industrial secrets and corrupt military and financial targets like network servers nearly daily, is that reason enough to justify the taking of lives through punitive military action?

If Stuxnet was an act of literal war, where does that leave Anonymous with their DDOS attacks? It has to be one or the other and I prefer the direction the international community seems to be favouring i.e. within the realms of diplomacy and national courts.

Economic warfare? Going back to the example with pre-1945 Japan, beyond basic humanitarian need, no nation is necessarily obligated to trade with another.

Perhaps you should be asking why the Iranian leadership has chosen to maintain an adversarial relationship with the U.S. ( and its vastly greater economic and political clout ).The cleric's need to weigh the real impact of their decisions on the Iranian peoples current prosperity as well as looking towards Iran's future as a part of, and not separate from, the world community.

Do you have an actual source for the above quote? My guess is one doesnt exist.

Originally posted by TheMindWarThe west has no evidence and has put forward no evidence of WMD being built in Iran either. This shows Irans restraint, I wonder if the west would show similar restraint? I doubt that very much.

Actually, you've missed the point. The issue at hand is the centrifuges and indigenous fuel processing, the engineering of an actual weapon is the easier part of the equation. The U.S. and Israel claim there is also quite a bit of evidence that Iran has been engaged in numerous weaponization programs such as high explosives lenses and ballistic missile re-entry vehicles.

As far as Iran's restraint, what other choice do they have?

What the west would or would not do is also irrelevant, Iran is under the microscope, not the west and the west holds all the cards.

Originally posted by TheMindWarThe only people suffering from these sanctions is the poor and infirm. So my question is, does Iran habe a legitimate reason to strike back now?

How do you know who is and isn't suffering under the current sanctions? If you are correct and the poor and infirm are disproportionately suffering ( which I am sure is the case, when have the poor and infirm not been the first to suffer national hardships?) why then is the Iranian leadership insisting on continuing the massive commitment to developing an indigenous HEU processing capability?

Only one reason makes any sense and it is not a need for 20% used in medical technology or the 60% needed for small, high output power-plant reactors.

Again, what is Iran going to strike and what do you believe will be the consequences to their military and the current regime if they did?
edit on 11-10-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: syntax

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

While the U.S. has little love for the post revolutionary Islamic Republic of Iran, historically the west has had a much better case for military action against Iran than Iraq.

Typical arrogant U.S approach, what right does the U.S have to decide the fate of another country? Will bombing them into oblivion feed the thirst for blood for a little while.. what countries are next to tick off? South America no doubt is on the hit list..

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Typical arrogance of the apostate supporters of the infidel heretical leader of Iran to claim justification to launch wars. But they already had, as the thousands of innocent victims scream hauntingly for justice, SLAUGHTERED by that persian infidel leader's revolutionary guards, Hizbollah terrorists and paid militants to create havoc around the world, so that he can retain power and lay claims to the arrival of ANOTHER Mahdi to satisfy the naive but sincere Shia muslims fooled by him.

It already is a miracle the West and Sunni muslims around the world had held their hands, for the sake of the innocent Shia muslims and Iranian citizens living there.

If the persian apostate infidel leader refuses to learn, acknowledge his mistakes and crimes...then patience do have a limit with humans, even with the ever merciful and compassionate Allah......

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Sure, its their turn now. And then when they have had their shot, the west have the right to hit them back. And then Iran again. Sounds pretty cool right? To have eternal conflicts and wars? Lots of people dying and lots of hate and misery? Thats what we all want. Surely we can make this world awesome by hitting each other until only one guy remains standing? Yeah... seems legit.

When will the human family learn, I often wonder. So manipulated into fighting itself instead of loving itself.

edit on 11-10-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Typical arrogance of the apostate supporters of the infidel heretical leader of Iran to claim justification to launch wars. But they already had, as the thousands of innocent victims scream hauntingly for justice, SLAUGHTERED by that persian infidel leader's revolutionary guards, Hizbollah terrorists and paid militants to create havoc around the world, so that he can retain power and lay claims to the arrival of ANOTHER Mahdi to satisfy the naive but sincere Shia muslims fooled by him.

It already is a miracle the West and Sunni muslims around the world had held their hands, for the sake of the innocent Shia muslims and Iranian citizens living there.

If the persian apostate infidel leader refuses to learn, acknowledge his mistakes and crimes...then patience do have a limit with humans, even with the ever merciful and compassionate Allah......

Obviously this is someone playing the cliched part of the angry Muslim! Not convincingly. It is a myth that Islamic terrorists are any threat to the West, al qaeda never existed.

It is an excuse to keep Muslim countries in chaos, through that chaos comes opportunity.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
What non war-like reason does Iran have to enrich uranium past reactor grade?

What non war-like reason does Iran have to enrich uranium at all? Russia is supplying the nuclear fuel for their power reactor. If it were for the benefit of their people they would use the money they are using for enrichment to build more power reactors and buy reactor-only fuel on the open market like everybody else.

They aren't under sanctions because of their civilian power reactor, it is because of strong suspicion of a nuclear weapons program and lack of IAEA cooperation, combined with an aggressive internal tyranny and external behavior.

Every action they have taken is compatible with a nuclear weapons program. There are tons of steps which they could take to preclude this, but they do not, and instead push even harder.

North Korea did the same thing. They took all sorts of actions whose technical characteristics were suggestive of a weapons program. They vehemently denied any weapons program and threw out the usual accusations of Western and US imperialism, blah blah blah. A few years later they said they were lying and it was the Americans fault, blah blah blah, and now they will make more nukes, and their people are still miserable and poor.
edit on 14-10-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
The imposing of sanctions, including trade cut-off, the freezing (theft) of it's money in overseas banks and blockade of all necessary goods to function is itself a de facto declaration of war. It is there to bring a state to it's knees and force our will upon them.

If the US's will is forced upon Iran, what will happen to Iran?

They will stop spending money on uranium enrichment, they will stop giving weapons and money to Hezbollah (respecting the sovereignty of the government of Lebanon), and they will elect people honestly and not kill the supporters of the winner.

edit on 14-10-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

If you believe Iran has the "right" to strike the West, then be prepared for Iran to be decimated, in a counter strike.

That is an absolute fact.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Of course Iran has a right to pre-emptively attack the West...it would be stupid not too. But it'd want to be wise about how it does it so as not to indite itself as the attacker.

It would be naive to think that they dont have sleeper agents in most western capitals just waiting for the signal.

What really troubles me is with all this crap talk about Iran, why havent we taken out North Korea yet? They are far more ahead in nuclear weapons tech than Iran is, they threaten war all the time, they were included in the axis of evil.

Is it because North Korea isnt so close to israel?

Surely should an attack on Iran go ahead, North Korea would know its next.....and attack the south at the same time. Why would you want to wait? Take some down before you get taken down yourself.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join