It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17-Year-Old Kills His Mother and Sister, Calls 911 to Turn Himself In

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HellstormRising

I used to be a nurse and one of the first things I recall learning is not to judge a person by their reaction to something because we all react differently. It could be personality, culture, religious belief, sure there were many things left out

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

How do you know for sure he did this for no reason at all ? Have you ever seen Slingblade ? I'd post the vid but the language is to much for ATS . Doiyle certainly had it coming.

Unbelievable !
edit on 10-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

The thing is I don't know if he really did have a reason or not, I'm going by what he said in the 911 call

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
He is a victim of culture, as are we all.

The causes of most violent behavior are:

1. VIOLENCE:
-That's right, violence creates more violence
-Most of those who commit violence were themselves the victims or witnesses of violence

2. DISRESPECT:
-Violence is often perpetrated by people who feel disrespected, or who's friends or family are disrespected

3. SHAME/HUMILIATION:
-When people are humiliated deeply enough by their life experiences, there is a dissociation between the body and the mind, they stop having feelings, they feel dead inside. They often refer to themselves as not being human, like a 'zombie' or 'robot'. This is often due to extreme humiliation earlier in life - from parents, community, etc.

See Dr. James Gilligan for more:

edit on 10-10-2012 by Teebs because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2012 by Teebs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

People raise their kids without TV all the time and they do just fine.

Haters gonna hate...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

He stated he was on no medications except things among sudafed, and zyrtec type allergy meds.

Sudafed contains (usually) a drug called dextromethorphan. DXM for short. This is a dissociative (like say PCP) at high dosages. DXM is widely used recreationally to get high. It's not unheard of for someone to snap at a high enough dosage. It can cause complete disattachment.

Just thought I would throw that out there

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I wasn't talking about TV, but no they don't, that's very uncommon now unless you're Amish or don't live in a privileged country.

...How exactly am I a hater?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
I lived in that community for a short while. I have a child who has lived there for years and they tell me that this family presented themselves as 'the perfect family' (not my words). My child tells me that my grandchildren knew and went to school with their oldest daughter. She got pregnant and married the father, then divorced and was living across the street from her parents with her grandparents.

This is just hearsay you understand.

This is a small community with what the state considers good schools so lots of monied people there. In the last 6-7 years it seems so many young people have died. Auto accidents mostly. My grandson had a roommate who called him at 3 in the am. They hung up and the young man got off at the next exist, crossed the highway then went into oncoming traffic and had a head on collision. He died. About 6 months later my grandson's ex girlfriend was found hanging in a motel room. It was called a suicide but I learned that although, it wasn't made public, they were considering it a homicide.

I don't recall all the reasons for young deaths, but I do remember thinking that there seemed to be much more than you would expect for such a small community.

Wow that sounds like an odd little town, i wonder whats going on there? vaccination testing? drug testing? paranormal activity? oh my there could be so many reasons or it could be just down right coincidental.

The woman on the end of the line was amazing though.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

The thing is I don't know if he really did have a reason or not, I'm going by what he said in the 911 call

And of course I agree as far as what we heard but..
This kid obviously hasn't even come to terms with what he's just done and it even took the lady at dispatch a moment to come to grips with what she was hearing. The correlation I was trying to sight in Slingblade isn't even in the vid. But Karl calls the police on himself in almost the same way. Very disturbing indeed.

Ya S+F OP
edit on 10-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I gotta be honest, I have no desire to argue about this so lets agree to disagree and I'd hate to derail this thread.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

I gotta be honest, I have no desire to argue about this so lets agree to disagree and I'd hate to derail this thread.

Ok but there's really nothing to disagree on, it's not a matter of opinion.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

know some allergy meds can make you really tired

Antihistamine drugs can cause full-blown hallucinations believe it or not. I took too much benadryl once and had some strong (and creepy) auditory hallucinations.

Non-prescription ones block the activity of many acetylcholine and histamine receptors (versus prescription which is targeted). Thus tweaking with lots of nerve signals in the brain. So same deal with the DXM I was talking about a second ago, high dosage and you're high....in this case it's more of a deliriant.

If he had hypothetically taken a high dose of DXM and antihistamine... he'd be 'lost and delirious' to say the least.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Sudafed contains (usually) a drug called dextromethorphan. DXM for short. This is a dissociative (like say PCP) at high dosages. DXM is widely used recreationally to get high. It's not unheard of for someone to snap at a high enough dosage. It can cause complete disattachment.

Just thought I would throw that out there

Oh wow, I'm glad you pointed that out! I wonder if that had any correlation to this incident. No reason to rule it out yet. It sounds perfectly plausible. It also makes you wonder why it's so easy to put things things on our shelves for sale. Thank you for teaching me something new!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191
wonder if that had any correlation to this incident. No reason to rule it out yet.

It's a plausible cause. Just depends on how much was consumed. Its effects (at high dose) match the description he was in on the phone.

Personally my take on drug-induced psychotic episodes is that the person has a bit of crazy in them already. Especially instances as extreme as murder, or jumping off buildings, etc. That said, dissociative's and or deliriants would be the most likely to cause an otherwise healthy mind to 'snap'. If he was a little bit 'off' to begin with I would expect these chemicals (sudafed and allergy) to have a bad toll on an already tormented psyche.

It also makes you wonder why it's so easy to put things things on our shelves for sale. Thank you for teaching me something new!

You're welcome

Kind of a conspiracy angle here, but something that peaked my interest. A while back there was a few big news stories on cough syrup abuse among teens/young adults in the media (that DXM chemical again). Not long after I saw/read those in the media, Robitussin and other companies put a new product on the shelf. Instead of multiple chemicals..cough suppressant, nasal decongestant, pain reliever....the various ones normally found in these types of meds. Instead of all of those, their new product only had one chemical.. the cough suppressant DXM. The specific chemical they were using to get high. Personally I think they knew exactly what they were doing. Selling a recreational drug legally.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn

I don't recall all the reasons for young deaths, but I do remember thinking that there seemed to be much more than you would expect for such a small community.

Fascinating points . . . It does seem like a rather anomolous case.

Then on top of a lot of others in a relatively small community.

THAT does begin to sound like SOMETHING extra is going on . . .

Could it be demonic/spiritual?

Could it be satanic globalist mind control experiments?

What could it be?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Such a tragic story.

Is anyone else amazed at how well the woman on the other end of the 911 call kept herself composed after hearing what this young lad was telling her ?
Strong woman.
I would have flipped.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I'd like to add something about the allergy medication!

To start, clearly this boy was disturbed and his allergy medicine may have had nothing to do with these deaths.

However, I cannot take allergy medicines because they make me ANGRY. Once they start kicking in, everything annoys me. I snap at people, I get paranoid and seem to think people are being purposely mean to me, and I start yelling at people and storming off.

When not on allergy meds, I'm a pretty easy going person.

What stuck out to me is the allergy meds and him saying people were rude. Sounds familiar, but I've never wanted to KILL anyone. Perhaps it is a combo of angry meds and a disturbed personality.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by HellstormRising

The kid was in shock. It's common for people in shock to exhibit an erie sort of calmness sometimes. A lot of it depends on the psychology of the person too. I don't think he is a sociopath only because of how he clearly had an emotional reaction to what he just did. Sounds to me like a kid that had a short fuse and access to firearms without the self control to limit his anger. He made a bad mistake and realized it a few moments too late.

This is almost the opposite of the truth. It's clear to anyone that this boy is a sociopath, his level of calmness is not shock, it's that his brain doesn't feel the normal level of guilt and remorse when it kills people in cold blood. Only some one lacking that degree of empathy is capable of killing their own mother and sister... he states he was not really angry at them and did it because he wanted to kill people because of "the way they act". That's the exact sort of anti-social behavior you'd expect from a sociopath or psychopath. Listening to that interview sent a chill down my spine.

Just listen to how calm and unphased he is, it doesn't take a genius to figure out he's a cold calculating murdering. He had the entire thing planned out, he was even making requests of the police concerning his cell arrangement just moments after murdering two of his family members. And you are defending this boy saying it was some sort of spare of the moment temper tantrum? Get real son, the boy is at fault here and the blame cannot be placed anywhere... not video games, not easy access to firearms, not anything else except his own vulgar actions.
edit on 11/10/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I saw this on Nancy Grace last night...OMG!!! is my first thought...but then I remembered this link I have on spiritless people and thought I would share it with yall when I saw this thread.

Psychopaths, Sociopaths, and Narcissists

The more extreme manifestations of an absence of spirit is known in psychology as psychopathic, sociopathic, or narcissistic personality disorders. Spirited people who fit this condition are misguided and held hostage by their egos, but they can be rehabilitated. Instead of lacking empathy, their empathy is either suppressed or displaced. These are not true psychopaths, but spirited people with personality disorders.

True psychopathy and sociopathy, however, cannot be cured because something is fundamentally flawed at the core of such persons. They lack empathy and remorse altogether, and these qualities cannot be recovered because they were never there to begin with. The incurable nature of psychopathy is an accepted fact in psychology. The cause is believed to be an abnormality in the pain and fear centers of the brain. Even so, without the balancing influence of spirit, such abnormalities would introduce unchecked errors into the programming of the ego, which then runs rampant to the point of coming to the attention of the legal and medical systems. What the medical system can diagnose is only the extreme and sloppy manifestation of a condition that is more widespread throughout the population. Other spiritless people with properly functioning egos are better at keeping their lack of empathy and remorse camouflaged under more refined social programming.

Source

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I know I will be blasted for this but...

Video Games, Media, Violent Television are all creating unfeeling monsters...

They do not see the real very REAL repercussions of actually shooting someone! They see it almost like a cartoon, imaginary and wonder hmmm what would happen if I ....

You don't need to be on medication when you have been conditioned into an emotionless zombie!

This makes me horribly sad and I have condolences for the family left to deal with this act.
edit on 11-10-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

It seems creepy, but you know what?

That's the voice of someone who is resigned to the fact that the world is one giant bumhole, and he's had enough of it. I've been there before, but I have a lot more self-control. He's no better than the people he hates, now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join