It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Obama Overseas Donor Scandal May Break Monday (Oct. 8th.)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andcoulter
Am I in a parallel universe?

Do you mean an alternate universe? A parallel would be one that is the same...just saying...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
You can always smell when a fake story is coming down the pipe - "we're going to wait until such a date to release it...".

If they had anything, it would have already been released.

"Mitt Romney caught in a Turkish Bathhouse - story will be released on November 7th..."

"HUGE Romney Scandal, story may break Monday..."

See how it's played? All everyone will remember are the headlines, even if the story is never released or is a total pack of lies, so what? The rumor-mongers got what they wanted, a misleading headline stuck in gullible people's heads.

Besides, this particular rumor is EXACTLY the same one tried on Obama back in 2008:

Snopes.com (circa 2008):

Claim: The bulk of donations to the Obama campaign come from a handful of wealthy foreign financiers.

Origins: The faux news article reproduced above is a masterful bit of political effluvium, one which proffers the "shocking revelation" that not only were the bulk of donations to Senator Barack Obama's presidential campaign made via the Internet coming from a handful of wealthy financiers in China, Saudi Arabia, Iran, and "other Middle Eastern countries" (rather than from American voters), but that Senator Obama was fine with accepting such tainted and compromised funding because of the technicality that "none of these donations violated campaign financing laws."

That's basically what is being played at here - a 'political effluvium' that proffers a "shocking revelation" over Obama and overseas donors.

The real tragedy about this is that the people foisting it the hardest must be living in a world of denial over the fact that Romney actually DID break campaign fundraising laws by accepting funds from foreign nationals.

And note, when those stories broke, they just broke - no one dangled 'teasers' for days on end about how they'll be publishing (at some future date) an alleged scandal story, they just came right out and published it.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I am almost positive this story would not "wait" until Monday if it were true.
And-seriously..

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Well 15 minutes after the story breaks...

CNN Headlines:

Romney underhandedly involved in exposure of Obama scandal in order to slant elections...

I think you get the idea here....

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by Andcoulter
Am I in a parallel universe?

Do you mean an alternate universe? A parallel would be one that is the same...just saying...

Jesus Christ I want to get you all dictionaries so bad.
No, it means a universe that runs along side this one. It does not mean they are the same. If they were the same, it would be the same universe. It is not the same one. It is a different one, running parallel.

Holy crap are Americans ignorant of the language they want to make law to know.
If English ever becomes the official language, most republicans on ATS are going to fail big time.

I am sick of defining words for you people.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
Well 15 minutes after the story breaks...

CNN Headlines:

Romney underhandedly involved in exposure of Obama scandal in order to slant elections...

I think you get the idea here....

The story already broke?
How come no one is posting what the story is yet?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Big storys always break on Friday. Not Monday.
Just sayin

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousEyes1
reply to post by IAMTAT

Hopefully, they won't hold it back until after the election.

One of the primary reasons for the electoral college casting the votes to elect the president is for reasons exactly like this. If after the citizens votes are counted, if impeachable conduct is discovered, the criminal candidate can be prevented from ever taking the oath of office in the first place. It's why the oath of office isn't administered until much later and why the electoral college doesn't meet until much later after voting. A line of defence.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
reply to post by IAMTAT

Just sayin

That is actually backwards. Stories released on Friday are only done so so that they will be buried by monday. All news channels and most papers, radio, etc. break big political stories as early in the week as possible. It is actually one the excuses lobbed at Obama all the time. He buried the story until Friday so when it got reported it would go right under the radar.

So....back to the other poster.
What story broke already?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Andcoulter

Nooo.... Not yet. I was just being sarcastic about how CNN always manages to use whatever they can to make Romney look bad. And make Obama out to be the saint. Heck, I nearly fainted when they actually admitted that Romney even won the debate.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Considering both parties have been bought and paid for by the globalist elites for ages, it shouldn't be a big surprise if it turns out to be true.

edit on 7-10-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
How about this from Breitbart? It says about 50% of Obama's donations are under the trackable limit of $50

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by Andcoulter

Nooo.... Not yet. I was just being sarcastic about how CNN always manages to use whatever they can to make Romney look bad. And make Obama out to be the saint. Heck, I nearly fainted when they actually admitted that Romney even won the debate.

Oh so you were just making it up?
Thinking out loud?
Not sure I get it.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
reply to post by IAMTAT

Just sayin

The source mentioned that it would be a national magazine and website...and that it could break either last Friday or this Monday. It was later postulated that this magazine may be Newsweek.

I don't know what day of the week Newsweek generally hits the racks, but I would assume Monday.
Companion websites to magazines may retain the option of releasing early (as promotional teasers) or on the same day as the magazine.

UPDATE:
Additional research just indicated Newsweek hits he stands on Mondays.
edit on 7-10-2012 by IAMTAT because: UPDATE added

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
People will still be ok with it when they find out because most don't care as long as Obama keeps giving them free #.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
If you are looking for a "foreign donor scandal" you already have it; Romney - yet the right-wing is dead silent on the scandal.

Foreign Cash Disqualifies Romney from Presidential Bid
(veteranstoday.com)

Below, Fox News identifies illegal fundraising in both Israel and in London, no donor is identified, no records are kept. Gosh, does that look like someone might be trying to circumvent the law?

Romney has raised millions in foreign cash at fundraising events across Israel and London, those that we know of so far. One table alone gave him a million in cash. None was from American citizens. Fewer than 10% of Romney’s contributors in Israel are estimated to be “dual citizens.” Others may have just flown the money in.

Note that this is does not prohibit expat citizens living in foreign countries from donating, nor dual-citizens. In Romney's case he sought to make 'anonymous' donations from non-citizens. Obama and Romney both have sought contributions from expats, students abroad, and military overseas.

Romne y, Obama mine funds overseas

One difference is that Obama has not held any fundraisers overseas, Romney has, in Israel and London.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
Found this info...time will tell if this is what it's about.

Back in April, I stumbled upon a video that recorded an anomaly with respect to donating to Obama’s campaign online. As the man in the video donates online, he notices that

“the Obama campaign does not have the universal 3-digit security code feature for credit card transactions on their website. It appears that anyone, anywhere can donate to President Obama’s re-election campaign, all you need is a credit card number.”

He tried the same thing with the Romney campaign, but the donation was denied since it wasn’t verified.

hotair.com...

edit on 6-10-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

Article aside, timetothink brings up a very interesting point, which gets to the heart of things.
For the sake of discussion, let me ask anyone here the following:

WHY would the Obama re-election campaign intentionally OMIT the universal 3-digit security code feature for credit card transactions on their website...knowing full well that by doing this, they would only ENCOURAGE less secure and less traceable credit card donations to their campaign?

Romney's campaign, on the other hand, INCLUDES this universal 3-digit security code feature for credit card transactions on THEIR website.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
So what? Romney received millions in donations from Israel and nothing was said about it. Either press charges on both of them or neither of them.

Well...there you go making sense again. Don't you know that Obama is scarier because he's black?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by buster2010
So what? Romney received millions in donations from Israel and nothing was said about it. Either press charges on both of them or neither of them.

Well...there you go making sense again. Don't you know that Obama is scarier because he's black?
Race, the final frontier.

I have a feeling that we will never get past it.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
CVV Credit Card Security Code:

Credit Card Security Code ( CVV2 ) explained What is the CVV2? The CVV2, Credit Card Security Code is the number found on the back of most cards. It's usually a three digit code, and it's purpose is to ensure that the person using the card for a purchase actually has that card IN THEIR HAND. Why ask for the CVV2? There are LOTS of ways that criminals can get their hands on lists of stolen credit card numbers. Getting hold of matching CVV2 numbers is much more difficult. Because of that, if your store verifies the CVV2 at checkout then it is much more likely that the purchase is genuine.

Source:
support.mivamerchant.com.../News/NewsItem/View/3

Obama Campaign Not Using Verification System

The Obama campaign is not employing the widely used credit card address verification system to check whether the address submitted by a donor matches the address tied to the credit card, an omission that might allow supporters to use a fake identity when contributing. The practice could potentially allow donors in possession of illicitly obtained credit card numbers to exceed the campaign limit, and to permit overseas supporters to contribute. The Mitt Romney campaign does require use of the system and asks the donor to include the three or four numbers- sometimes known as the “CVV” code – on the back of the card. The code helps determine whether the donor is in possession of the card. The Obama campaign donor page does not have a box for entering the CVV code and does not appear to reject donors who lists addresses different from those attached to the cards.

Source:
www.whitehousedossier.com...

WHY would Obama's campaign omit this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join