It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Obama Overseas Donor Scandal May Break Monday (Oct. 8th.)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Apparently, according to this article (below) and others, Obama has been attempting to squelch a huge overseas donor scandal which is going to be broken this coming Monday.

Speculation is that Obama had found out just prior to this Wednesday's presidential debate that a national magazine had been developing this story for months and was going to publish the story most likely this coming Monday. It is further speculated that his less than sterling performance during the debate was due to his being distracted by this news.

According to knowledgeable sources, a national magazine and a national web site are preparing a blockbuster donor scandal story. Sources told Secrets that the Obama campaign has been trying to block the story. But a key source said it plans to publish the story Friday or, more likely, Monday.

According to Bedard's sources, "a taxpayer watchdog group conducted a nine-month investigation into presidential and congressional fundraising and has uncovered thousands of cases of credit card solicitations and donations to Obama and Capitol Hill, allegedly from unsecure accounts, and many from overseas."

Source:

www.examiner.com...
washingtonexaminer.com...-OKU2ClnY

edit on 5-10-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I googled the story. Looks like it could be pretty big. I'm concerned if he's been getting donations from the Muslim Brotherhood. I'll have to wait until Monday.

TY for posting.....

Des

edit on 5-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I've wondered about that, as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Hopefully, they won't hold it back until after the election.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Alright, I'll bite first.

How reliable are the sources, and what are their biases those are things I always think about when evaluating information.

If true I wonder what news agency it is for it to concern the President like that. If it's a conservative conservative leaning news organization like Fox/WSJ I can't see it bothering him enough to cause a performance like that because both his political and media allies will circle the wagons and attack the messenger unless the evidence is really great and it's damning. On the other hand if it's a well respected unbiased (CSM) or left leaning publication I could see it affecting his performance to that degree.

There are a myriad of reasons that might have caused Obama to have such a poor showing that we've seen discussed the past few days. I don't think Romney will walk over him so easily in the next one but we'll see. My gut feeling is that there was something going on that had Obama off his game that night, and that same feeling is screaming Middle East.

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
So what? Romney received millions in donations from Israel and nothing was said about it. Either press charges on both of them or neither of them.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Early word has it, Obama raised $150 Million for the month of September. This could be another "bump in the road" for the POTUS. Hopefully the messenger will not end up like Andrew Breitbart or Quarles Harris, Jr. Keep us posted.

link   

Originally posted by MysteriousEyes1
reply to post by IAMTAT

Hopefully, they won't hold it back until after the election.

I doubt that would happen. They wouldn't have near the ratings if after the elections.

Des

+3 more 
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by IAMTAT

I googled the story. Looks like it could be pretty big. I'm concerned if he's been getting donations from the Muslim Brotherhood. I'll have to wait until Monday.

TY for posting.....

Des

The Brotherhood isn't on Americas terrorist organization list. So why the concern?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

reply to post by IAMTAT

TY for posting.....

Des

The Brotherhood isn't on Americas terrorist organization list. So why the concern?

I'm not going to debate my concerns with you. Suffice it to say, I have them.

Des

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
quid pro quo, the guvment is sending 450 million $$$ to the brotherhood.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

So, let me see if I have this straight.

Something maybe might have happened, and it is being speculated that what might have happened may be illegal if it in fact did happen. And all this might be reported on Friday, or maybe Monday. Also, this maybe could be the reason Obama did poorly in the debate if he might have heard about this potentially true speculative story.

Did I get all that right?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Breitbart is dead

why do people announce things like this??

JUST RELEASE THE INFO!!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Maybe if you read the article, Buster, you'd have seen that some of the donation solicitations are speculated to be against federal election laws.

That said, I highly doubt there is any truth to these allegations whatsoever. These "bombshell" rumors are almost always just rumors. I'll believe it when I see the facts. Until then it's just bad speculation.

But look on the bright side. Even if this is true, I'm sure you'll pull some mental gymnastics and circular logic's to come up with a good excuse as to why it wasn't Obama's fault. He was framed, he had no choice, it shouldn't be against the law, etc... So It's all good anyways.
edit on 5-10-2012 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

So what? Romney received millions in donations from Israel and nothing was said about it. Either press charges on both of them or neither of them.

Many Israelis are U.S. Citizens.

I'm not sure, but are campaign donations from foreign sources illegal ?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Dear xuenchen,

I assume your question was rhetorical, but if it wasn't, and for buster2010's benefit, the question was resolved in a Supreme Court decision in January of this year. They basically said, no, Citizens United didn't change the rules. It's still illegal for a citizen of another country to donate to a federal campaign in any way.

Romney did receive money in Israel, but he's said it was from American citizens living in Israel, and nobody has any evidence to the contrary.

If this "blockbuster" is true, Obama's dirty and Romney's clean. (on foreign contributions)

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Many Israelis are U.S. Citizens.

I'm not sure, but are campaign donations from foreign sources illegal ?

You have to prove each donation came from an American citizen and if an American citizen votes in a foreign election like a Israeli election then their American citizenship is null and void.

And yes donations from foreign sources are illegal. Funny how so many people chose to overlook where I said charge both of them if they are doing something illegal.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

reply to post by IAMTAT

TY for posting.....

Des

I'm not going to debate my concerns with you. Suffice it to say, I have them.

Des

Why won't you debate it? Are you afraid you'll come across as a racist?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

reply to post by IAMTAT

TY for posting.....

Des

Didn't Obama aid them in getting to where they are today? Any foreign aid sent to Egypt, to be "donated" back for Obama's reelection sounds a lot like money laundering.

Would be interesting.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
If it was a super pac, then it doesn't matter. Super Pacs can take unlimited money from any source and technically the "candidate" has no contact or influence with that supporting Pac. There is even one form of it where the donor and the amount is completely anonymous.

Just more blah-blah-blah. I don't care for either of these candidates, but would I prefer the candidates just discuss the issues. The mud slinging and the witch hunts are beginning to get on my nerves. This whole election process...well going back several years...is ridiculous. I guess Romney and Obama thought they could get elected by slinging missiles and talking vaguely. I am not voting for either of them because I want to hear "accurate" facts, figures, plans, etc...etc...etc. (Notice I said accurate- peeing on my head and telling me it's raining is not what I am talking about)

If someone can vote for one of these guys based on what they have said and done...you are basically playing blind mans bluff. You have no idea what monster you might get in January.
edit on 10/6/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join