It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was a "Muslim"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Yep! thats right. That is according to Prof. Robert F. Shedinger

The head of the religion department at Luther College in Iowa recently argued that Jesus Christ, the central figure of Christianity, was in fact, a Muslim.

“‘Was Jesus a Muslim?” asks Prof. Robert F. Shedinger in the beginning of a book he published this year entitled Was Jesus a Muslim? ” I will answer with a very qualified yes.”

In a recent interview Shedinger also defended his controversial thesis explaining that a Muslim undergraduate student had sent him on academic odyssey that culminated with him asking himself “Was Jesus a Muslim?”

“Even as a Christian I have to answer yes to that,” said Shedinger, who is the head of the religion department at Luther College in Iowa.

Shedinger also argued that Islam is a better fit for Jesus since it is not a religion but a “social justice movement.”

“I had to rethink what Islam is… I came to the conclusion that it was a social justice movement and I think that’s who Jesus was in the first century so I conclude Jesus is more like a Muslim,” he said.

The vast majority of scholars, historians, Muslims, and Christians date the birth of Islam to 622 ADE when the Prophet Muhammad claimed to have received visions that were eventually compiled into the Koran. Jesus, on the other hand, is believed to have existed more than 600 years earlier, at around 0 BCE.

A spokesman for Luther College, a small liberal arts school affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, told Campus Reform on Wednesday that the administration stands fully behind Shedinger’s scholarship.

“The administration is very very comfortable with the proposal, with the book, and with what his statements about this situation are,” said Jerry Johnson, the school’s Director of Public Information. ”[T]he ground he is breaking with this book is not anything exactly earthshaking.”

Johnson added that Shedinger’s thesis had not stirred up on any controversy or opposition on campus where “the members or our religion department are very respecting and have great respect for each other’s work.”

Campus Reform was unable to contact Prof. Shedinger in time for publication.

In Arabic, the word “Islam” means submission or surrender - however, it was derived from the root word “salam”. From this root word, you can also derive the words peace and safety. Many people feel that Islam implies some sort of enslavement to Allah, but others find it more helpful to define the word “Islam” as surrender.

Many religions have a concept of surrender to God. In Jewish history, when the ancient Hebrews obeyed God’s commands, they had a long period of prosperity and stability.

In Christianity, surrendering to God is a way of putting your life into more capable hands – in fact, Jesus asked many of his disciples to surrender their livelihoods and follow him.

So, if we look at the word ‘Islam’ in this way, we can understand why obeying Allah’s commands and trusting in Allah’s wisdom could bring about peace for a Muslim.

The word does not represent a one-sided relationship, where the believer is enslaved to Allah. Rather, the word Islam indicates a covenant between Allah and his followers, where a Muslim surrenders his or her will to Allah in return for peace or safety.

The Holy Quran is the coninuation of the same process that started with Patriarch Abraham and continued with Prophet Moses and Jesus. For moslems , belief in Torah and Bible is compulsory. Followers of Patriarch Abraham were called as "moslemeen" and the same applies to the followers of Moses and Jesus as also Prophet Mohammed, who was the last of the Prophets. The followers of Prophets Moses, Jesus and Mohammed belong to the same stream of celestial inspiration that started with Abraham but with different codes of conduct.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Yet Islam denies the Trinity?
What a stupid premise Jesus is a Muslim.
Fundamentally Jesus taught love over hate, self sacrifice over strength.
Jesus was also a Jew, so all Muslims are then Jews first, so cant be Muslims???
How can there be only one God and that God be all seeing and knowing and ever present. How can one god have the knowledge of love if there is nothing to love.
How could Jesus be a Muslim if His life was ended on the cross a bloody pulp and Muhammad was a hero who killed many.
I have never heard such nonsense.
That obviously means many will support it as a fact

Oh and the picture of Jesus posted is really the Muslim Mahdi, .
edit on 1-10-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
JEsus was a Scientoligist.

Look

OO
___

^ L.Ron

oO
___

^Jesus

too uncanny to be a coincidence.

Or else you're just wrong.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
This is old news...

...and typical revisionist rubbish.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by shuar911

Jesus was/is an awesome dude who went around telling everybody to be cool, love everything and to stop having a go at others when you feel uncomfortable.

Jewish / Christian / Muslim / Buddhist / Jedi............that's an all too human label that he would obviously shed in an instant if/when he returns.

If you have skin, a heartbeat and walk upright then he came here to tell you something & you could/can take it or leave it.

It resonated with me so I run with it, but sometimes I also run with the wolves......., after all, how can I defeat the enemy without knowing how they think.

Knowledge is power - Jesus being a "Muslim" or "other" concerns me not - I have bigger fish to fry.

Interesting read - designed to galvanize nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Lol. A Muslim who said the greatest command in the Bible is to love YHVH.
I've officially heard everything now, I am at peace.

edit on 1-10-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
They already have Mohammed.. they don't get to have the "civilized folks" Savior as well..Or people could just grow the hell up and stop with this archaic, infantile bulls**t..
edit on 1-10-2012 by TheLonewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

A *Jewish* Muslim...
don't forget that part.

I wonder what happens when Jesus reads this hadith:

The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him

...wait. If Jesus was a Jewish Muslim, wouldn't he logically have to kill himself?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Why would Brother have to read anything that man has written? Wouldn't he already know.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
If Jesus WAS a "Muslim" WHY would he denounce the very people that created Islam (the Synagogue of Satan) in the first place?

This is referring to the Illuminati of Jesus' day:

"He exposed the synagogue of Satan (Rev. 2:9; 3:9) he denounced those who belonged to it as sons of the devil (Lucifer), whom he castigated as the father of lies (John 8:44) and the prince of deceit (2 Cor. 11:14). He was specific in his statement that those who comprised the synagogue of Satan were those who called themselves Jews, but were not, and did lie (Rev. 2:9; 3:9). He identified the Money-Changers (Bankers) the Scribes, and the Pharisees as the Illuminati of his day. Illuminati Roots

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control."

The true origins of Islam

Religious in nature, the Synagogue of Satan is, at its essence, a grotesque, satanic cult. It's high council is composed of High Priests of Lucifer; these are men who literally worship death while practicing sexual magick and occult rituals of the blackest nature.

The Synagogue of Satan

"Today the religions of the world remain a major tool of the Illuminati agenda." Link

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
Yet Islam denies the Trinity?
What a stupid premise Jesus is a Muslim.
Fundamentally Jesus taught love over hate, self sacrifice over strength.
Jesus was also a Jew, so all Muslims are then Jews first, so cant be Muslims???
How can there be only one God and that God be all seeing and knowing and ever present. How can one god have the knowledge of love if there is nothing to love.
How could Jesus be a Muslim if His life was ended on the cross a bloody pulp and Muhammad was a hero who killed many.
I have never heard such nonsense.
That obviously means many will support it as a fact

Oh and the picture of Jesus posted is really the Muslim Mahdi, .
edit on 1-10-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

What i find interesting is how Jesus was a muslim 620 years before Islam existed if you catch my drift.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24

A *Jewish* Muslim...
don't forget that part.

The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him

...wait. If Jesus was a Jewish Muslim, wouldn't he logically have to kill himself?

He already knows all about Sharia law and if my guess is correct he's very pissed about them as every one of them contradicts every law in the Decalogue.

Take a guess as to who the false Prophet is.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
What i find interesting is how Jesus was a muslim 620 years before Islam existed if you catch my drift.

Well, obviously Jesus was also a time traveling space alien, as well.

When people just make stuff up, like this Robert F. Shedinger clown appears to do, why even pretend that reality matters anymore?

Pilate: "But what is truth?"

Robert F. Shedinger: "Whatever fits my agenda."

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Absolutely.

Jesus tells us to not pray as the heathens do outside so that everyone may see them, but go into your closet, pray in secret and God will reward you openly.

Jesus is NOT a muslim. Silliest mess I've read on here yet.

He stopped a stoning and had mercy, he who has no sin cast the first stone. Watch Soraya M. and you'll see the mercy and peace of Islam. Even her father and two sons threw stones at her head. Who the hell teaches a child to hurt their own mother. WTH....

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24

A *Jewish* Muslim...
don't forget that part.

Seems to me a preperation for Albert Pike's WW3: "jews and muslim wil annihilate each other." Starting by Jesus?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by shuar911

The word does not represent a one-sided relationship, where the believer is enslaved to Allah. Rather, the word Islam indicates a covenant between Allah and his followers, where a Muslim surrenders his or her will to Allah in return for peace or safety.

Still quite unlike Jesus.

First Jesus did not ask for surrender. Because that is an Old Covenant teaching. Followers do not surrender in the New Covenant. They simply start loving God and hating the things of this world even if no one taught them! It is the mark of the true rebirth in the Spirit.

Jesus asked his followers to hate their lives. If they hate their lives, they won't ask or even expect peace and safety.

All rewards according to Jesus is gained in eternal life.

Jesus did not create a movement, religion.

He just want to find the Lost Sheep.

No religion can own Jesus, not the Muslims, not even the Christian religion!

Oh, did I say Christian Religion??
edit on 1-10-2012 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

He stopped a stoning and had mercy, he who has no sin cast the first stone. Watch Soraya M. and you'll see the mercy and peace of Islam. Even her father and two sons threw stones at her head. Who the hell teaches a child to hurt their own mother. WTH....

Their culture does. I couldn't do it, no matter what my mom did or didn't do. I don't got it in me to murder someone in cold blood. But when you've been brainwashed from birth all your life, do you have a choice if you know no better?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

Originally posted by DaphneApollo
Jesus is NOT a muslim. He stopped a stoning and had mercy, he who has no sin cast the first stone.

His very LIFE went against everything that Religion does.

Who HATED Jesus the most? The religious people....

Jesus referred to them as "The Synagogue of Satan" for a good reason...

God and Religion are diametrically opposed.

Religion LIES, HATES, & KILLS...

God is TRUTH, LOVE, and LIFE.

This is how we KNOW that God is not the author of Religion.

Like Jesus said: "We know them by their FRUIT..."

Religion HIDES truth, God EXPOSES lies (religion)...

Islam pretends to be "The Religion of Peace" while Jesus is the REAL Prince of Peace.

Religion is a massive LIE masquerading as the truth.

Religion will NEVER tell you the TRUTH...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
How dare you!? How dare you call Jesus, a man with fair skin, blonde straight hair and blue yes, who happens to be born in middle east 2000 yrs ago, where everyone is tanned, with curled hair and brown eyes, a Muslim!?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

But when you've been brainwashed from birth all your life, do you have a choice if you know no better?

And the religion of Peace proves itself again doesn't it?

Only Christ second Advent can change this fact. Nothing we do or say will change the way they believe, we can only try to keep it from encroaching on our freedoms in the Western world.

Christ and Islam are no where near the same... Christ showed mercy, love and kindness and told others to love one another. Islam can't wait to use rocks or behead. Just sad.

Forgiveness he taught to forgive 70 times 7 that's alot, before you start beheading someone,beating, stoning isn't it?

edit on 1-10-2012 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join