It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 100,000 protesting in Madrid, Spain - Surrounding/Occupy the Parliament (UPDATED)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by Tardacus
The protesters should take paintball guns to the protest and shoot the police with paintballs.

can you imagine getting hit with hundreds or even thousands of paintballs?It`s hard to beat protesters if you can see anything because you`re covered in paint

And at what point would police differentiate between a paintball gun and a real ammunition gun?

Inncoent people WOULD get shot and the police would have their justification for using firearms.

Bad idea, and if you'd thought about it from anything but a humourous perspective you would agree.
edit on 26/9/2012 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

I think that's a very good point Nerbot.. Also, it's actually spelled either Merci, mes amis (plural); Or, Merci, mon ami (singular..) I will translate for you in the future, if that shall be your request;

Cheers Hank!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neysa
reply to post by RealSpoke

My Dad was a cop. He was a very good man.
It's a bad idea to start generalizing. I have read many of your posts and threads. You are better than that, RealSpoke.

The thing is, it's real hard to believe that there are any good cops these days.

My common sense tells me there must be good cops out there, but every day there's more examples of cover ups, shootings of unarmed people, abuse, mistrust, corruption...

Here in the UK we've just seen a couple of years of insane abuses by police up and down the country. They've been caught taking bribes, caught selling information, caught abusing people, caught lying, caught inciting protesters, caught using unfair laws to silence people, you name it they've done it.

This last week we've seen evidence released that police lied and covered up over the Hillsborough disaster.

And it's not just them either. Their superiors are involved. These police forces are like mafia gangs, covering for each other and acting above the law.

I agree that a lot of those cops in the protests are just doing their job (where have we heard that before?) but their job does not require them to chase teenagers down the street and gang up to beat them like a pack of dogs. Their job doesn't require them to grab people by the hair and drag them along the ground. Their job doesn't demand that they rush into a train station and start beating anyone they see!

I base my opinions on what I know, my experiences and what I see around me. Everything tells me that the vast majority of cops are corrupt, violent, abusers of power.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
best of luck to the people of spain
and the other countries where the people have said 'enough is enough' and rather than do what americans do..go sit around wall street for the weekend and then go back to thier slave jobs on monday..the people of spain and greece are making thier point clear..and doing it the only way in which the govts understand..the govts have brought this on to thierselves...lie, play politics, lie and play more politics......the american people are in a state of fear..fear of lossing what they THINK they have..but what they have has only been given to them to pacify them.....

keep posting info..cause we are never gunna see it on the MSM.......

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This will spread. This needs to happen everywhere. Power needs to be taken back by the people. Politicians who serve the bankers need to be forcefully removed from power because they wont go willingly. The Elite know it is comming and they think they are prepared to whether the storm. They underestimate the power of the people.

There will be a global revolution. The people will be victorious.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm not certain how those relate to this exactly?

The problem here is overspending by the government and giving more than they have to give. This is not a case where the country is under a dictator or theocracy, but instead a case of fiscal stupidity.

I'm sure that mixed among the crowds are many people who have good intentions and are not participating in the madness. It's those who are being irrational that I'm discussing, not them.

Rioting and engaging in criminal activities is completely unrelated to the problem at hand. I simply do not buy into that excuse for what is in fact criminal behavior. These rioters are not under a brutal regime, and what they are supposedly rioting about is the fact the government spent itself into bankruptcy, by trying to give people to much. A government that could do that does not exist, nor will it ever exist.

This is in no way even remotely like a people rioting to be freed from a dictator or monarch.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

This is in no way even remotely like a people rioting to be freed from a dictator or monarch.

And neither were the two examples I posted.

Both were about taxes and the economy, not dictators or monarchs.

But the point is you said rioting didn't solve anything, when history proves it does and has solved things for the people.

Britain would now have the poll tax like they rioted about in the middle ages if they had not done the same thing, riot.

Sometimes the people have no other choice, voting doesn't work.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I'm just gonna quit posting.

I posted this same thing 4 hours earlier than this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Had I posted after this one, mine would have been deleted. I give up!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Well said

We keep seeing cops caught on video beating unarmed protesters in many cases without provocation and they the thug cops always somehow every time are exonerated of all charges ? UC Davis pepper spraying victims to receive nearly $1 Million $30,000 in damages to the 21 students and alumni who were sprayed in civil court... but the cop was not charged with any crime? This money is coming out of the taxpayers pocket for the wrong doing of the police of course. The S.O.B keeps his job too? The Police answer to no law apparently and this is a green light for more cops to repeat abuse at the taxpayers expense.

Cop: im going to spray this here pepper spray in your face for sitting there peacefully

Protester: you will face the consequences if you do

Cop: it's OK the taxpayer will pay for it my sergeant will think of a stupid excuse as to why it had to be done and the judge will take the side of the PD

Where is the outrage

police - to punish and enslave

edit: if i beat some person up on the job and i get my employer sued would you think i would keep my job?

edit on 26-9-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Been checking the BBC all day looking for an "official" update... not a single article since yesterday, and even that article missed the point entirely.

Why am I not surprised?

The only place I ever find valid updates for this kind of thing is on Twitter.

Viva la revolution!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
I'm just gonna quit posting.

I posted this same thing 4 hours earlier than this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Had I posted after this one, mine would have been deleted. I give up!

No dude
What's happening to you is culminating thru your subconscious, manifesting in your conscious to reinforce the poor me attitude you had from the get go. This is evidenced by your willingness to complain about it here in this thread instead of contacting some one who can set you straight on exactly WTF. I know because I did the same thing when I first got here.

SnF OP !

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Randy I been here a lot longer than you have. A lot longer than what my avatar says. I can back up exactly what I am saying with examples because I have had my threads shut down, when they contained A LOT more content, over a matter of posting 2 minutes after another.

No "poor me" here, and I have no idea what you mean by "the get go" Clearly, you don't know what your talking about.

What I am saying is that this is BS. I posted this story 4 hours before this thread and I know for a fact that if I had posted 2 minutes after this thread, mine would have been closed and that's fine by me. I don't need to make threads. I don't need to post at all. I can go elsewhere like many of the other very good members and posters we have had here before.

Want to know why ATS is not like it was in the "good ol days"? Well this is a perfect example. But you feel free to tell yourself whatever you wish and judge me however you wish. It makes no difference to me at all, I won't lose any sleep.
edit on 26-9-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I just skimmed but the holier-than-thou-I-have-it-all-figured-out responses really resonated with me.

Really. ATS at its finest. Big luvs.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

At 1:37 you can see hooded "protesters" dragging real protesters into police custody. I wonder how many of these police implants actually cause the violence?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

It has something to do with the EU not just the Spanish Government.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Goes to show that the police have no respect for their country. This goes for the U.S.A. and all countries. You are NOT heroes. I'm gonna say that again...policemen are NOT heroes, they are doing the job of protecting corrupt politicians and bankers everywhere. If you are a member of law enforcement in any country your job is to protect and serve the people....not the government! What a disgrace....how can these "officers" sleep at night knowing that they are supporting the bad guys? You should be ashamed of yourselves and support the people of your countries.....

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

You are morally correct, but some protesters did break the law. The police's job is to enforce the law. Nothing more, nothing less. It's not protecting the people.

The protesters need to be smarter and win the police over to their side. Unfortunately, there is a lack of leadership.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
The protesters should take paintball guns to the protest and shoot the police with paintballs.

can you imagine getting hit with hundreds or even thousands of paintballs?It`s hard to beat protesters if you can see anything because you`re covered in paint

That is counter-intuitive from a activist perspective; If protestors are carrying what could be considered "weapons" of any sort it only further escalates the violence from the police. I know from protests here that we no-longer place placards on sticks or poles as the police view these as weapons and then we get our teeth kicked in.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

. this is Spain. Here we shoot rockets at cops( which are like a quarter stick of dynamite), make our own riot shields for rubber bullets, and throw gas and smoke grenades back at cops, because we wear gas masks.

Sling shots with whatever......Molotov's....Hell I have seen pictures of miners throwing flaming tires at cops...

Miners revolts are an actual battle between cops and miners. I imagine they were present, or will be soon.

Remember we have the Basque country here too.....they don't play around.

edit on 27-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
reply to post by AutOmatIc

You are morally correct, but some protesters did break the law. The police's job is to enforce the law. Nothing more, nothing less. It's not protecting the people.

The protesters need to be smarter and win the police over to their side. Unfortunately, there is a lack of leadership.
You can't win the police over, as the police are there to discredit the protest and make it look violent, by being violent and having undercovers in the crowd, making damn sure that there is violence. Take last night, all was peaceful (until later on at the second gathering) protesters were removing undercover police from the crowd themselves. The only time it gets violent at a protest, is when the police decide they want to beat people up. They are the ones commiting crimes, 9 times out of 10, protesters are only fighting back, protecting themselves. Which they have every right to do.

I've been on many protests, I've seen in many times. The police are there to make sure that the protesters get a good kicking, not to make sure no crimes are being commited. The police protect the goverment, not the people.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
1min 16 seconds....

Fantastic Kick! Mr Miyagi himself would have been proud of that one!!

In all seriousness though, the spanish are fiery people and so are the Greeks. This is just the beginning of a huge revolt.

edit on 27-9-2012 by grantbeed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join