It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 100,000 protesting in Madrid, Spain - Surrounding/Occupy the Parliament (UPDATED)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Today about 100,000 people where on the streets of madrid to demonstrate against government.

They surrounded the parliament and even kettled the police forces!

The mass media coverage is poor, so i thought to bring this to your attention...

This is the first english article, more or less poorly covered:
www.nytimes.com...

Violence is escalating...

He was very badly injured by the policemen. In the moment they try to find out what happened...

There are still hundreds of protestors, holding the place against the agressive police forces
And tomorrow the protest will go on!

You can follow the whole action at facebook...
Just add: www.facebook.com...
Or watch the incoming videos at youtube at: www.facebook.com...

Or follow the livestreams by Audiovisol or Spanishrevolutionsol or Russian Today

It will be very interesting for all of us, because the hard core of the protesters want to stay until the government is overthrown...
Revolution in europe ahead?

Peace, love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim Irie

edit on 9-26-2012 by worldwatcher because: added update to title as per OP request

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The Facebook group " Occupy Spain " does the most media coverage at the moment... They are just uploading alot of pics and post all relevant vids...

If you have more, here is the place to put them...

What is your opinion on it?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

There is something I grew up with being Spanish. When Spaniards feel they have been lied to or screwed then all bets are off and all fights are on! What is happening in Madrid doesn't surprise me in the least.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
In germany, where i live, there is a huge media blackout! Not even the most famous german news show "Tagesschau" did mention the event with one word...
Oh yeah there is a small blog on their websit telling there where only 3,000 peops... ?!

And also in europe you can count the article with one hand...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

me too...

i came back from spain in january this year... the mood was silent but " ...if they make any mistakes again... we will be on the street again!"
Here we are...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
histclo.com...

The above is the worrying part. It;s a case of 'Here We Go Again', only this time ?????

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I can't believe there aren't more here at ATS talking about this! I searched and this is the only thread, with only a couple people here? With everything going on across the globe of late, I must admit I'm not up with the particulars of Spain's current situation. But this seems like a potentially big deal, no? I only heard about this from a Spanish friend here in the US who posted same vid to FB.
Is this a similar situation to what Greece has been going through? Or has Spain found it's own unique way to get shafted by their Gov't?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

Spain isn't doing too well, just like Greece, so this isn't' surprising. Protests aren't going away, they've caught on. And does this protest have an Occupy ring to it? If so, looks like the Occupy movement isn't a waste of time as some may think.

In Madrid huh? I used to live a couple hours away from there. Spain is beautiful.

'Democracy kidnapped!' Clashes in Madrid as thousands surround Spanish Congress

Riot police have ringed the Spanish parliament in Madrid after clashing with demonstrators as thousands of protesters gather for a march against austerity tagged "Surround Congress". Nine people have been injured and 15 arrested, local media report.

edit on 25-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SmallAxe

Thats why i created this thread...
No coverage at all...

Yeah ATSers its your possibility to bring this to more attention, as we did with alot of infos before!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
No one expects the Spanish revolution.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

...in portugal the same game!
Portugal finally stands up and protest

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This is HUGE!!!

I have read that there is the usual "police dressed as protesters" who are involved in alot of the violence. This gives the "police dressed as police" a reason to use rubber bullets.

I haven't seen any news of these protests in Australia.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

Police as protesters!

In the big pic u can see them wearing the same clothes and a red band on the arm...
in the second pic you can see them catching a real protester
edit on 25-9-2012 by JimIrie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
One more vid:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It's thing like this that give me a small gleam of hope. Just a little bit.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This is what they are running in Australia:

Police used batons to push back some protesters at the front of the march attended by an estimated 6000 people as tempers flared, and some demonstrators broke down barricades and threw rocks and bottles toward authorities.

source

We should be seeing this starting up the world over, it's about time the people stood up to their governments.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This could be the beginning of something special.

Sadley there is not an Obama, Romney, Clinton or James Holmes mentioned in this thread - so it is not of any interest to American ATSers?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Some Pics:

Source

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DaesDaemar

6000? errr... if you look at the photos they took from fb and then watch the others you can clearly see how they manipulate their readers!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join