It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eleven Christians Arrested, Jailed And Charged Under Hate Crimes Legislation, In America!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deckard_BR26354
[I actually think this is a result of a misunderstanding.

It feels like I'm being accused of having some sort of sympathy with race-hate crime. This couldn't be further from the truth.

I am not accusing you of any thing I am just trying to figure out why you thing it is a greater crime to kill because of race than to kill fun, profit, because they were threr, etc.

ALL are wrong and should carry the same penelty.

Loki if you would explain to me the same thing how is it worse to kill a man for color than just because he was behind the counter when you robbed the store?

Is one of thems life more vaulable than the other?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
. The Law although still applicable, is surpassed by Grace.
[I

So the law still counts right? Or does it only count when you want it too?
Or does NONE of the old Testament count?

You cant have it both ways either it counts or it dont

[edit on 16-10-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I am not accusing you of any thing I am just trying to figure out why you thing it is a greater crime to kill because of race than to kill fun, profit, because they were threr, etc.

I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that it is a motive distinct from the other motives.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that it is a motive distinct from the other motives.

It has ALWAYS been a motive.

Hate crime laws are one of those feel good pieces of law that when looked at dont mean crap.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

It has ALWAYS been a motive.

Well, I say it again, perhaps I missed the point from the beginning.

[edit on 16/10/2004 by Deckard_BR26354]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

. The Law although still applicable, is surpassed by Grace.
[I

So the law still counts right? Or does it only count when you want it too?
Or does NONE of the old Testament count?

You cant have it both ways either it counts or it dont

OK If we try to live under the law then we will fall short and therefore fail to meet what we are supposed to. We are humans, we sin.

Grace says that the penalty for that sin has already been paid and that it is a free gift, that requires very little on your part. Just to believe that God loved YOU so much, that He sent His Son to die FOR you.

As for trying to tag me with the jewish customs from Leviticus, you really do not understand that of which you speak.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Well, I say it again, perhaps I missed the point from the beginning.

Its no big deal

Debating and learning is what this board is here for. Its a place to exchange ideas and views

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I've been on here 18 hours out of the last 24. I really should give it a break. My head hurts.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

As for trying to tag me with the jewish customs from Leviticus, you really do not understand that of which you speak.

I was gonna be a Priest once I just couldnt develope a taste for little boys

Seriously I did plan on being a priest once so I have studied the Bible pretty close although it was MANY years ago.

You never answered my question does it count or dont it?

If the price for sin has already been paid so you can eat pork and not follow any of the other laws then why bring up Gays?

Isnt the price for THEIR sin already paid? Why is theirs any more important than say, mixing cloths in your clothes?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I was gonna be a Priest once I just couldnt develope a taste for little boys

Seriously I did plan on being a priest once so I have studied the Bible pretty close although it was MANY years ago.

You never answered my question does it count or dont it?

If the price for sin has already been paid so you can eat pork and not follow any of the other laws then why bring up Gays?

Isnt the price for THEIR sin already paid? Why is theirs any more important than say, mixing cloths in your clothes?

Its just not that simple, if you read it then should I go outside my house , dig a hole to take a #? You ask about Pork, It was unclean, it was God's way to watch out over his people. He knew about Germs, they didnt, but yet He protected them.I am not Jewish but if I have to work on the sabbaoth, then I work...

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Its just not that simple, if you read it then should I go outside my house , dig a hole to take a #? You ask about Pork, It was unclean, it was God's way to watch out over his people. He knew about Germs, they didnt, but yet He protected them.I am not Jewish but if I have to work on the sabbaoth, then I work...

So are you saying you only follow it when it suits you? Or does the jewish laws only count for gays?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

www.frc.org...

Edsinger, when are you ever going to get some non-biased sources in your posts. This is a perfect example of where you get your information from...the FRC! They are for Fundamentalist Christian values and will do and say anything to defend their points. Try again...

I agree that a crime is a crime, no matter who does it and toward who. However, labeling something as a hate crime may serve a better purpose in the sense that a Jury may look at said "hate" crime with more disgust than just a regular crime. Now, I am not saying this is RIGHT or WRONG, but it does serve a purpose in the judicial system as it is. Perhaps if some things were not labeled as "hate" crimes there would be a lower degree of convictions. I do not believe this is right however, because all crimes should be charged for exactly what they are regardless of race, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc. I merely state it to open discussion.

On the "Homosexual" issue...there is no proof that Homosexuality is anything but natural. The only sources you will find that think they have proof of Homosexuality being a "choice" are those sources influenced by Religious zealots. Just check out edsingers links on this topic for proof of that indeed, or any of his others for that matter.

I'm not a Christian, but I do find it quite funny (in a non-laughing sort of way) that people who hate Gays so much fail to live up to their own beliefs. They consistently rip the Bible apart, taking quotes from various spots, and then assemble them how they see fit so that they can continue their deranged view of the world...or perhaps they just need to "get out more." They negate and overlook the parts about spreading love, understanding, compassion, and altruism.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandge
"Sweetcakes"? Grady, I didn't know you cared. Or maybe it's just that your misogynistic tendencies are showing (you can U2U me if you don't have a dictionary handy to look that up).

www.google.com...

I can't seem to find any derogatory meaning for sweetcakes. If there is one, I don't care to know it. Take it as a term of endearment, like "dahlin'." I'm no misogynist. I'm sorry if you took offense.

I lived in New Orleans for twenty-two years. I know what it's like to live there. You want to know what it's like, this is what I suggest. Live as I did.

Move to New Orleans and sell your car. Live in the uptown area, say somewhere in an area bounded by Napoleon and Jefferson and Tchoupitoulis and St. Charles. Walk or take the bus everywhere you go for two years and then talk to me, if you live to talk about it.

[edit on 04/10/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

So are you saying you only follow it when it suits you? Or does the jewish laws only count for gays?

I will not bite, O.T. / N. T Read them, then ask your questions.
And on your last point, God said that when a man lay with a man or a woman lay with woman it is an ABOMINATION in his eyes. Now the only other place in which I can remember offhand that word is the Anti-Christ.

So placing homosexuality in with other things has no merir really. YOur agenda in which you seek is moving along quite well, but kee it up and the backlash will come....

One is NOT born gay, you can quote that scientist that wrote that whales do it etc etc etc was biased also to evolution, but that makes no sense since being gay does nothing to proigate the species. It is choice, as well as a satan worshiper has the choice in this country.

They can be that way but do not take my liberties and freedoms in granting them minority status, just try to get more and more of this agenda passed. But alas people are getting sick of it...afirmitive action is going by the wayside......

Let me give you a PERFECT EXAMPLE. I have a contract that I put out to bid, the bids come back. I am required to give the minority a 5% edge in pricing. Is that fair? What if the minority contractor's quality of work is not on par with the other? Minority wins. So that is the same thing the gay agenda is after, and I do not want my son going camping with a homosexual troop daddy, then that is my right as well as you not wanting your son to go camping with a Christian daddy as he might influence your child. But give them "special" status, BULL#!

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Pedofiles [sic] are a lot more likey to be homosexuals, but that does not make homosexual's pedofiles [sic].

DSM criteria of pedophilia:

Pedophilia

Repeatedly for at least 6 months, the patient has intense sexual desires, fantasies or behaviors concerning sexual activity with a sexually immature child (usually age 13 or under).

This causes clinically important distress or impairs work, social or personal functioning, or the patient has acted on these desires.

The patient is 16 or older and at least 5 years older than the child.
State whether:
Sexually Attracted to Males
Sexually Attracted to Females
Sexually Attracted to Males and Females

Specify if: Limited to incest

State whether:

Exclusive type (aroused only by children)
Nonexclusive type

Coding Notes
Exclude from this diagnosis late adolescents who have an ongoing sexual relationship with a child who is 12 or 13 years old).

www.medem.com...

Some may find these sites to be of interest:

hfp.puellula.org...

encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com...

www.inoohr.org...

www.inoohr.org...

www.inoohr.org...

www.inoohr.org...

www.inoohr.org...

www.inoohr.org...

www.inoohr.org...

fatherless.net...

www.psychpage.com...

www.jewishworldreview.com...

www.atheistparents.org...

www.inoohr.org...

[edit on 04/10/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

So placing homosexuality in with other things has no merir really. YOur agenda in which you seek is moving along quite well, but kee it up and the backlash will come....
IT!

OOOOOOHHHH you have me terrified

In case it was toio difficult for you to read my post I said I studied to be a priest so yes I have read them

You answered my question though in that you only follow the bible when it allows you to spew your hatred on somebody else. Otherwise it dont count because it in the old testament.

I noticed you went of on a tiraide against gays and minoritys instead of answering my question. what happened did some gay minority person pick on you in school? Or does just thinking about it give you strange urges?

What made you so scared of them?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

One is NOT born gay, you can quote that scientist that wrote that whales do it etc etc etc was biased also to evolution, but that makes no sense since being gay does nothing to proigate the species. It is choice, as well as a satan worshiper has the choice in this country.

Again, proof Edsinger??? Your arguments on this board are so easily dismissed its not even funny. If showing love and equality toward my fellow human being regardless of sexual orientation is a sin, then you can consider me guilty to the highest degree. I just hope one day you can replace all your anger and hate with love and understanding. Its so sad to see someone rip apart their own religion in such a manner, because while I am not a Christian, I think the basic principals laid down by Christianity are good in nature. I'm sorry that you only see evil and sin in your fellow human, and there is nothing any of us can say that will make you change your mind. Likewise, there is nothing you can say that will make me stop loving those that stand up for human rights...

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Grady...half of your links are from a Christian organization! www.inoohr.org... Just read through this site...pathetic to say the least...they attack anyone that is not Christian. By their logic I guess they would also attack many of the founding fathers, you know, them being Deist and all.

This argument is really getting too funny. By posting links from Christian funded organizations or Religious organizations you effectively prove to me and others that your entire concept is non-scientific. Please...keep posting...I love to see Right-Wing Christian rhetoric taken as serious scientific evidence for Homosexualism.

Too funny!

[edit on 16-10-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Here you go Ed,

Matthew 7:1 - Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Unless I'm sorely mistaken Mathew is in the NEW Testement.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Let me give you a PERFECT EXAMPLE. I have a contract that I put out to bid, the bids come back. I am required to give the minority a 5% edge in pricing. Is that fair? What if the minority contractor's quality of work is not on par with the other? Minority wins. So that is the same thing the gay agenda is after, and I do not want my son going camping with a homosexual troop daddy, then that is my right as well as you not wanting your son to go camping with a Christian daddy as he might influence your child. But give them "special" status, BULL#!

So which state is it that Gays get preferances in Bidding?

I was a contractor most of my life and didnt know this.

I disagree with ANYONE getting prefered treatment, gays or straights but I fail to see what you losing a Bid has to do with Gay rights?

And I dont have anything against christans just bigots

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join