It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eleven Christians Arrested, Jailed And Charged Under Hate Crimes Legislation, In America!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by Deckard_BR26354
All I'm saying is that people have different motives for killing other people and that one of those motives is hatred of race. Did the KKK burn any white men?

Was it legal to kill a black man BEFORE hate crime laws?

What about blacks killing whites does that fall under hate crime?

Does it really matter?

MURDER IS MURDER

If you are not killing in self deffense or during war it is murder why should one persons life be more valuable than another

Okay, so the White Wizard (or whatever the KKK head is called) is front of a court accused of burning alive 20 black men. And his defence say "Why would the accused do such a thing? What did he have to gain from doing such a thing? There is no motive for his actions."

If there's no law against killing due to hatred of race then the prosecution will have a hard time convicting him. If race hate crime is not recognised in law then it can't be used as a motive for murder. So what's left?

[edit on 16/10/2004 by Deckard_BR26354]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
OK, so you have the motive for his murder trial as being hate. So why should they be charged to a greater penalty?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

If there's no law against killing due to hatred of race then the prosecution will have a hard time convicting him. If hate crime is recognised in law then it can't used as a motive for murder. So what's left?

How about murder? There is a law against MURDER. PERIOD. No matter what color you are or what color the victom is IT IS STILL MURDER

And you didnt answer my question would a black killing a white be a hate crime?

Using your logic a serial killer could not be convicted because he has no motive he just does it for fun

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   

How about murder? There is a law against MURDER. PERIOD. No matter what color you are or what color the victom is IT IS STILL MURDER

And you didnt answer my question would a black killing a white be a hate crime?

Using your logic a serial killer could not be convicted because he has no motive he just does it for fun

You seem to be saying I'm against a law on murder, which is ridiculous.

Also, let's not forget that a crime involving two races isn't automatically about race hatred.

Would a black killing a white be a hate crime? If he killed him just for being white, then yes, of course.

I don't think serial killers 'do it for fun' - they have a mental defect.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
OK, so you have the motive for his murder trial as being hate. So why should they be charged to a greater penalty?

I don't think I said anything about greater penalties for hate crimes.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

You seem to be saying I'm against a law on murder, which is ridiculous.

Would a black killing a white be a hate crime? If he killed him just for being white, then yes, of course.

No what it seems to me is you are saying that until the hate crimes laws came along it was legal to kill some one because of race and THAT is ridiculous.

Using the white guy in your sentence above would it be any worse for to be killed because he is white or just becaused he was behind the counter during a robbery? Is one crime worse than the other?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Pedofiles are a lot more likey to be homosexuals, but that does not make homosexual's pedofiles.

And the evidence to support that statement is where?

Pedophiles are invariably males: Almost all sex crimes against children are committed by men.

� Significant numbers of victims are males: Up to one-third of all sex crimes against children are committed against boys (as opposed to girls).

� The 10 percent fallacy: Studies indicate that, contrary to the inaccurate but widely accepted claims of sex researcher Alfred Kinsey, homosexuals comprise between 1 to 3 percent of the population.

� Homosexuals are overrepresented in child sex offenses: Individuals from the 1 to 3 percent of the population that is sexually attracted to the same sex are committing up to one-third of the sex crimes against children.

� Some homosexual activists defend the historic connection between homosexuality and pedophilia: Such activists consider the defense of "boy-lovers" to be a legitimate gay rights issue.

� Pedophile themes abound in homosexual literary culture: Gay fiction as well as serious academic treatises promote "intergenerational intimacy."

MALE HOMOSEXUALS COMMIT A DISPROPORTIONATE NUMBER OF CHILD SEX ABUSE CASES

www.frc.org...

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by sandge
Ah, but last time I checked, GradyPhilpott, "white, heterosexual, christians" were not being attacked and murdered for no reason other than that they were "white, heterosexual, christians."

Where did you check, sweetcakes? It happens in New Orleans all the time that whites are targeted for their skin color.

[edit on 04/10/16 by GradyPhilpott]

"Sweetcakes"? Grady, I didn't know you cared. Or maybe it's just that your misogynistic tendencies are showing (you can U2U me if you don't have a dictionary handy to look that up).

As for "whites [being] targeted for their skin color," could you perhaps provide a few examples? It's possible that my family, who live in the Crescent City, may not be aware that they're potential hate crime victims, since there's been absolutely no mention of this by the local media...unless you count David Duke's web site.

[edit on 10/16/2004 by sandge]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

No what it seems to me is you are saying that until the hate crimes laws came along it was legal to kill some one because of race and THAT is ridiculous.

You're gonna have to spell this one out to me - I find what you're accusing me of to be very offensive.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

You're gonna have to spell this one out to me - I find what you're accusing me of to be very offensive.

You said until the hate crimes laws a man could not be convicted for murdering 20 blacks and that is crazy.

And again you skipped my question is it any worse to be killed because of your skin color than being killed just because you were behind the counter during a robbery.

Is one mans life any more valuable than another?

And what am I accusing you off?

[edit on 16-10-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

You said until the hate crimes laws a man could not be convicted for murdering 20 blacks and that is crazy.

I'll answer your questions after we sort this statement out - show me where I said the above.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Okay, so the White Wizard (or whatever the KKK head is called) is front of a court accused of burning alive 20 black men. And his defence say "Why would the accused do such a thing? What did he have to gain from doing such a thing? There is no motive for his actions."

If there's no law against killing due to hatred of race then the prosecution will have a hard time convicting him. If race hate crime is not recognised in law then it can't be used as a motive for murder. So what's left?

[edit on 16/10/2004 by Deckard_BR26354]

Here it is you are saying without hate crimes laws he could not be convicted and the truth is is there is evidence agfainst him he will be convicted and if there is none he wont.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
That isn't what I meant - I was trying to make a point about having 'race hatred' as a recognised motive for murder. I've no idea how they prosecuted it before and I'm certainly not saying that you couldn't be convicted before the laws came in.

Let me make this clear before I go any further - I do not believe killing another human being can be justified in any situation other than self-defence.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
WHOOPS

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
And I am saying MURDER IS ALLREADY ILLEGAL NO MATTER WHAT COLOR YOUR SKIN IS.

could you answer myy previous questions?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

That isn't what I meant - I was trying to make a point about having 'race hatred' as a recognised motive for murder.

It already WAS a recognised motive for murder hate crime laws only add time to the sentence for crimes because of race.

That makes one mans life more vauable than another

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

And again you skipped my question is it any worse to be killed because of your skin color than being killed just because you were behind the counter during a robbery.

Is one mans life any more valuable than another?

And what am I accusing you off?

Firstly, I'm not skipping questions - you're not giving me the time to answer.

I entered this topic to make the point that people do have different motives for killing one and other and race hate is one of them. All killing is wrong whatever the motive (self-defense excepted). I am not saying one motive for killing is any better or worse than another.

I actually think this is a result of a misunderstanding.

It feels like I'm being accused of having some sort of sympathy with race-hate crime. This couldn't be further from the truth.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
That's not totally true, Amuk.

The reasoning behind hate crime laws is it is supposed to teach tolerance to us by carrying a heftier penalty for a crime against someone based on their classifications.

I for one support them.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   

That isn't what I meant - I was trying to make a point about having 'race hatred' as a recognised motive for murder.

It already WAS a recognised motive for murder hate crime laws only add time to the sentence for crimes because of race.

That makes one mans life more vauable than another

Well, perhaps I've missed the point - for which I apologise.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The Bible also says that your wife is unclean and should not touch anything nor be inside your house during her period. Do you follow that

Look, the Old Testement and the New testament are different and yet the same, as the readers understand. Let me see if I can expain it

O.T. = Law , history of God's people, comming redeemer since we humans all fall short of perfection.
N.T. = The Redeemer comes and the price is PAID IN FULL. The Law although still applicable, is surpassed by Grace.

It also says not to eat Pork. Do you follow that?

Nope! N.T.

I could go on and on but the point is people seem to pick and choose what parts of the bible to follow.

So it would seem until you dig further...

Usually just the parts that fit their veiw of the world

Well considering that I consider it the Word of God, I think it speaks very well.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join