It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusting Pink Slime Company Launches Billion Dollar Offensive

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Disgusting Pink Slime Company Launches Billion Dollar Offensive

gizmodo.com

In America, it's not illegal to sell disgusting cow purée washed with ammonia for human consumption. But, according to BPI, the company that makes this dystopian meat filler, it's illegal to talk about it. Time for a $1.2 billion lawsuit.

Mother Jones reports that BPI, which caught an enormous amount of (deserved!) hell for selling the grotesque quasi-protein, is "launching a $1.2 billion defamation suit against ABC News and three whistleblowers-two federal employees and a former BPI worker -who spoke to the news network." This is what you do when you want to silence your critics after
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
70 Percent of Ground Beef at Supermarkets Contains ‘Pink Slime’
McDonald's Discontinues Use Of Pink Slime In Burgers
U.S. ‘pink slime’ factories shut down amid outcry
70 Percent of Ground Beef at Supermarkets Contains ‘Pink Slime’

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Just when you thought it was safe to eat burgers again...

I am sick of corporations subverting the very principles our country was founded on. Our constitution is shredded our food supply is becoming increasingly disgusting and our politicians and corporations becoming rich through the revolving door system:

1. Work for the corporation.
2. Get elected and pass bills for the corporation.
3. Go back to work for the corporation directly or indirectly receive obscene amounts of money.

It is we, the people who suffer.

gizmodo.com

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
They dont want you to know what youre eating is as cheaply made and as toxic as they can possibly get away with. Its all about the profit margin and they cant have the news ruining that for them. I say frivolous lawsuit that wont go anywhere.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
There is too much secrecy all around even with ingredients label.
They forgot the process is the problem and just as important in an inspection
report to authorities. Ask for a part that works in all orientations and you can
still get one that does not work upside down. Ask for 100% testing and find
out you get 0% and something like it was a test escape as an excuse cause
it escaped their mind to do the test.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

Just when you thought it was safe to eat burgers again...

I am sick of corporations subverting the very principles our country was founded on. Our constitution is shredded our food supply is becoming increasingly disgusting and our politicians and corporations becoming rich through the revolving door system:

1. Work for the corporation.
2. Get elected and pass bills for the corporation.
3. Go back to work for the corporation directly or indirectly receive obscene amounts of money.

It is we, the people who suffer.

gizmodo.com

Amen! Unfortunately, we live in a world controlled by corporations and their own selfish agendas. The quality of consumer goods has been steadily declining for longer than I've been alive, and it surprises me that the majority of people don't care enough to stand up and say that this isn't right. I mean, who cares what toxins we expose our bodies to, as long as it's cheap and delicious right? Disgusting

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I almost lost my lunch reading this page about why it's good for you..

As tastes evolve and consumers become more health conscious, demand for lean protein ingredients is increasing. At BPI, we are applying the latest technology and processing techniques to ensure the highest quality and best tasting lean finely textured beef products. Our beef is quick frozen, which allows the moisture to be locked-in to ensure the product is juicy and flavorful when it reaches your table.

BPI Why It's Good

They also have a campaign page going that is titled "beef is beef" that is trying to confuse people into thiking this stuff isn't Pink Slime or something..

Beef is Beef (BPI Site Challenging ABC)
edit on 17-9-2012 by vkey08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Im sorry, but anything that looks like frozen Pepto cant possibly be good for you.I love how they try to spin it as a development in the area of lean protien. I would have more respect had they just come out and said " Its cheap, keeps our costs down and it wont kill you. Right away at least"
The scary part is this nasty crap is approved by the FDA and other government agencies that are suppose to keep our food safe. Wonder how much they contributed in "taxes" to get this stuff passed.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
And I know because of KRS-ONE...

youtu.be...

hmmm... probably before some of your time

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I usually watch ABC News (making fun of Diane Sawyer is a daily joy, lol) and could see this coming from a mile away. I'm ambiguous on the issue of the stuff's existence, as I rarely eat ground beef, but ABC was so obviously over the top in their vilification of this company and its product that a lawsuit was inevitable.

Given that the product was okayed by the USDA, it IS beef (in that it comes from a cow,) and the term "pink slime" was a pejorative invented by the people ABC had as sources, the over reporting and constant interjection of the term "pink slime" made it clear that ABC had every intent of running this company out of business.

I suspect that ABC is going to lose this one.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I don't have anything against the pink slime as of yet. The ammonia process may even take away some of the toxic properties of the unnatural beef processing and growing that is being incorporated. I haven't seen one bit of reliable evidence that shows it is bad for humans. It is a deceitful practice not to tell people, I will grant that.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I don't have anything against the pink slime as of yet. The ammonia process may even take away some of the toxic properties of the unnatural beef processing and growing that is being incorporated. I haven't seen one bit of reliable evidence that shows it is bad for humans. It is a deceitful practice not to tell people, I will grant that.

So you would be happy to eat that pink slime? or you dont have a problem with other people eating it?. Ammonia is not the safest thing to be putting into yourself, all it takes is a slight error in the manufacturing process (BTW: food should not be "manufactured" it should be grown!) and there is large scale poisoning.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Honestly, we're more at risk from the amount of arsenic that is in our drinking water than the "pink slime".

Prolly the amount of rodent excrement in our cereal is worse than pink slime too.

What does everyone think lunchmeat is and how is it made? There aren't square cuts of pig to make the "ham" you all know, right?

Derek

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viesczy
Honestly, we're more at risk from the amount of arsenic that is in our drinking water than the "pink slime".

Rain water tank

Prolly the amount of rodent excrement in our cereal is worse than pink slime too.

Dont eat breakfast cereal, you know the cult that started that convention?? Breakfast for me is black tea, and its about that time.

What does everyone think lunchmeat is and how is it made? There aren't square cuts of pig to make the "ham" you all know, right?

Perfectly aware and I dont eat pork products. Some of us still catch and kill our own

Derek

Cartenz

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Real meat is living because it is cooked just before eating, this stuff is dead. Most preprocessed foods are also dead. We can live on dead for a while but not longterm. If veggies are blanched before frozen it is better than having them treated with miticides to keep them fresh looking three weeks later. There is a lot of worse stuff wrong with the food in the country than pink slime. I would eat it occasionally but not lo often. We eat mostly grass fed local beef, no store commercial beef tastes as good. Ours is aged 10 days minimum, natural aging makes it better.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I live in Australia, where we dont have the same FDA regulations poisoning us as you guys do. Most of the people in my locality are primary producers of some sort or another, so I very rarely eat anything that comes from a shop.

I think the only thing I buy from the store now days is tea and cigarettes (so I get enough poison from that)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Starred n Flagged thanks OP 1st I have heard of this!

I just saw a video Wots in Pink Slime - a little Puff of ammonia from the creators of Pink Slime where they talk about how natural ammonia is and that a puff kills bacteria n E-coil i! 1 question does the good cuts of beef get the same puff of ammonia? I would have thought if they were then the videos from the makers of Pink Slime would defend their product by saying so if it was true! By my logic then Pink Slime is not as safe as other proper beef products! What do you think does a roast or other good cuts of beef have that Puff of ammonia?

Not buying hamburger now buying chuck steak n using my grandma's meat grinder as I now understand what its for!
edit on 9/17/2012 by IceHappy because: fixing a typo!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Hey, hows that canned butter from New Zealand taste? I was thinking of buying some for stock incase we lose power for a while

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cartenz
I think the only thing I buy from the store now days is tea and cigarettes (so I get enough poison from that)

Oh, come on, cartenz, you're smoking cigarettes and have concerns about teeny bits of ammonia in processed beef?

There's ammonia in cigarettes, and that's going right into your bloodstream, not into stomach acid.

Quitting smoking sucks, but it's probably the healthiest thing you could do right now! (Take it from a former smoker with chronic lung disease
)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
On a related note,

Didnt read the article as I am aware of the process,,,its the same process they use to remove the skin from oranges, grapefruits and other similar fruits when they tin them or add them to other foods such as trifles and yoghurts. (The skin, not he peel,,,you didnt think they did that by hand did you?)

When ever you look at any processed food, its worth asking yourself, "If I were to atempt to do this using purely natural methods could I match the supermarkets price"

If the answer is no, chances are they are applying some unsavoury (in the eye of the beholder) practices to your food stuff.

Just sayin

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I know the irony: Organic Preservative-Free Wholefoods and yet Im a smoker. But processed meat was a lot easier to quit than trying to quit ciggies! (Heroin was easier to quit than trying to quit ciggies!!)

will star you for concern of my health

<<   2 >>

join