It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosalia Lombardo, Dead for Almost a Century.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Rosalia Lombardo

Rosalia Lombardo was an Italian child born in 1918 in Palermo, Sicily. She died of pneumonia on December 6, 1920. Rosalia's father, General Lombardo, was sorely grieved upon her death, so he approached Alfredo Salafia, a noted embalmer, to preserve her. Her body was one of the last corpses to be admitted to the Capuchin catacombs of Palermo in Sicily. - wikipedia

This is a .gif of, apparently, little Rosalia opening her eyes.

I dont know what to think here.
I would like to believe it is just humidity, but, what if...

Wikipedia

edit on 13-9-2012 by gostr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by gostr

This could be photo shop work as well. At least I am hoping It's photo shop... the last thing we need is 100 year old zombie children reanimating. On a serious note, If it is real, I am not sure how it is possible. I have heard of corpses sitting up on morgue slabs, but that is the result of bodily gases that have accumulated due to putrifaction of the internal organs in the decomposition process. Weird if it is real.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gostr

I would not believe it unless the individual images can be located and studied. As another user said, it could very easily be the effects of Photoshop. The angle, lighting, and contrast of the images also changes from shot to shot. There's ample evidence (like the caption say it happened over two hours) for the photographer to have altered the body, or the images.

"If it seems too good to be true..."

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

The camera does change angle slightly, but i cant account for that change for what appears to be happening. Photoshop is a possibility yeah, and yeah there is no way to verify that these are 2 hours apart, or even within the same year. so over a great time span alot of changes could be noticed.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Weather the opening of the eyes is real or fake this still gives me the creeps!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
A very sad story, where are the pictures from?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by gostr

I would not believe it unless the individual images can be located and studied. As another user said, it could very easily be the effects of Photoshop. The angle, lighting, and contrast of the images also changes from shot to shot. There's ample evidence (like the caption say it happened over two hours) for the photographer to have altered the body, or the images.

"If it seems too good to be true..."

~ Wandering Scribe

I found some pics here.I'm not sure if they are the same that used on the gif,but you can see Rosalia with open eyes.

@OP:Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

That's a good link

If you scroll down and read the comments (uhh - not the one at the very end) there is a letter from Rosalia's niece (?) circulating that states:

To all this I would add that the last time I saw my sister, in 2007, her body looked wonderful, the color of her skin was worthy the reputation that made her famous throughout the world.

Unfortunately I have to point out that one day I've found out that the creature who seemed asleep for so long, now seems another person: she has different hairs, her eyes are now half open and the beautiful color of her skin has become strange ... it seems tarnished!

She is blaming tests done by National Geographic for the signs of decomposition.
Not sure the letter from the sister is verified - I couldn't find much on the searches I did.

Here is a google translated site too.

(Edit - I think my links and quotes are mucked up a bit - but at the bottom of that article are some others. I can't work out if it's the niece or sister of the mummy.)

edit on 14/9/2012 by Netties Hermit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

She looks so at rest with her eyes closed, but as they start to open it turns from peace to ... frightening lol. Thanks for the link to all those pictures.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

There could have been other contributing factors other than national geographic. although you would think it could happen, i mean if they moved the body into a different environment, maybe even removing the lid, who knows, i dont lol.

It is probably just due to atmospheric changes but its still one of the creepier things ive seen. haha.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gostr

Oh absolutely. I know nothing of mummies or embalment (thank goodness
) so who knows what natural decomposition occurred during testing and/or opening of the glass coffin.

Creepy? Oh yes

lol - yeah - mummies definitely aren't my thing.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
My cursory glance gave me the impression that the angle changes between the two photos. If this is indeed the case, it is possible that the angle of the eyes may give the impression that they are opening or closing. That is the most likely explanation, in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So let me get this straight, is she really waking up or it her body just going through changes? I cant access link cause my comp is blocking me.

Maybe her grave was disturbed for a reason and the gases inside her body are trying to release. I did noticed that she is embalmed so perhaps now its finally gonna go through decomposition cause of a distrubance

join