It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, people of America, this not the behavior of our Islam | Libya

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
What love is not.Now if we can move past the initial emotions, move past the anger. And think together, come together. There will be those who don't understand. There will be those who refuse to understand. If you could take the time to understand we can begin to move forward.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Yes, there is a man and a boy sharing the same sign that is written in English. Perhaps they are related.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Yes - I have noticed that, but will give the benefit of the doubt regarding the English barrier and the need for them to simply get their message out.

Yes, it appears organised.........but for the right reasons, and in my opinion, with genuine hearts.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The signs suggest that the attackers were followers of Islam. Seems to be an assumption that the perpetrators were followers of Islam. It is possible that they were not and their intentions were not rooted in a radical religious philosophy. To bring religion into it makes the issue black and white in the MSM and raises tensions among religious groups. As with 911, it should be investigated before assumptions are made.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

That statement is more profound than many would realize at a first glance. And thank you.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
while I don't discount the sentiment, am I the only noticing the same signs being being held by different people in different pictures?

Yes it is, STOP ALL aid NOW

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SANTA CLAWS

Relax. Likely people passing the signs around to others. No need for the vitriol.

/pat

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Meanwhile In Australia

More Islamists have been charged after plotting terrorist attacks in Melbourne....

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SANTA CLAWS

Libya produces enough oil to probably not care about an aid package from the West.

www.huffingtonpost.com...&title=20_Azerbaijan

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Here are some recent pictures from Libya about the recent terrorist attacks and murders. There are billions of Muslims and only a very small minority committed these attacks and they do not represent Islam and the people of Libya just wanted to remind you of that

"Small minority"? I hate to burst your bubble but this isn't an isolated incident, people are being blown up and murdered everyday in every muslim held nation. Just the other day 100 people were killed in Iraq from car bombings. I can also post Sharia Laws if need be, advocating jihad against nonmuslim.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

No, sorry, I stand by my statement. These extremists are a small minority compared to the BILLIONS of Muslims.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
While I appreciate the thoughts and sentiments, what I am really looking for is concrete actions. Why haven't the AQ inspired militia groups been "taken care of" yet? I saw pictures of Libyans trying to help those US embassy personal, for that I am thankful, but it wasn't enough to prevent it.

I really do want to see freedom and democracy ect thrive with the Arab Spring revolutions, more so for the people of the region than for any geopolitical reason. But so far all I have seen is the power vacuum of one dictator rapidly replaced by yet another dictator. The real foot soldiers of the Arab Spring, the people yearning for freedom, have just exchanged one master for another, I fear. Those foot soldiers need to stay vigilant and ready to protest again.

Does anyone really think that the Muslim Brotherhood will ever hold free and fair elections in Egypt again? Myself I doubt it, especially the way they are going after groups and people not supporting them. Shutting down media outlets, replacing posts with cronies....... where have I seen this story before?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Constitutional Revolution of 1936 the turmoil in society of the sixties and the programs of Lyndon Johnson exploding the role of the federal government....
the Giant will make us lay a lot more Goldn eggs..
more kids will have to die...let the war games continue..

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kualros

It's true that there are extremists in abundance, but not as many as one would think. I've read that it's less than 1/4 of 1%, if that many (probably far fewer than that).

Oh boy! That sure makes me feel better! That means we only have approximately 5.5 million to worry about. I sure wish we could get some help from our "moderate" Muslim friends to bring these few extremist Muslims to the forefront, so they could be properly dealt with. I feel that stoning them to death would be fine, but that would certainly require an awful lot of damn rocks!

See ya,
Milt
edit on 12-9-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I would love to agree with them. Boy would I. Unfortunately too many people influenced by Islamic ideology have excused their prophet from any criticism whatsoever. It was their prophet who said of the non-Muslim

Surah 2 Ayat 196 And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.

Surah 4:74So let those fight in the cause of Allah who sell the life of this world for the Hereafter. And he who fights in the cause of Allah and is killed or achieves victory - We will bestow upon him a great reward.

That is a pretty strong statement to kill those who do not believe. Those Libyans in the pictures have placed their lives in jeopardy and I would love to help them.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The mob of people saying "we're sorry America" is much smaller than the mob saying "we kill you America". That doesn't suggest to me that it's the majority of these people who aren't extremists.......quite the opposite in fact.

If these people were really against the others, they wouldn't live by them. They'd be removed by any means neccessary. Would any normal person just live next to other people who want to blow things up and kill people? No, they'd get them the hell out of there.....if for no other reason than just to make sure American bombs don't start raining down them and their innocent children.

That goes for people all over the world. Violence outside of self defense needs to be eradicated. You commit senseless violence....you die and your violent genes are taken out of the gene pool. Simple. We aren't going to grow as a species with naturally violent people holding us back.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

No, sorry, I stand by my statement. These extremists are a small minority compared to the BILLIONS of Muslims.

There is only 1.6 billion Muslims in the world with millions who are becoming apostate every day. These Libyans in the pictures are in jeopardy to the rest of the Islamic world. Good thing there is no caliphate yet, otherwise these Libyans would be in serious trouble.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Larry L
We aren't going to grow as a species with naturally violent people holding us back.
This would be the place I put the Graph showing the US at War for about 90% of its existence. But we've all seen it, some justify it, others abhor it. It's very telling when you decide which side you fall on.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I am deeply touched by their outpouring to us in the U.S. Not only are they sharing the message with us, but with the world and their own countrymen.

Peace to all and thank you.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Larry L

You're right, they normally would remove the terrorist but the problem currently being faced in Libya is that their "civil war" invited terrorists into their country under the guise of freedom fighters. Gaddafi didn't tolerate these terrorists, he jailed any and all that he could, but when the "civil war" happen these terrorist were freed.

I read Libya's current events on the web and I've been reading that the current police force is afraid to arrest and keep these terrorists in jail and that's because their terrorist friends always come to bust them out. So at best, everyone can move out of Libya and surrender it to the terrorists?

Reality Check: Attack On U.S. Ambassador In Libya An Example Of "Blowback"?

Ben Swann Reality Check takes a look at the attack on a U.S. Ambassador in Libya by Islamists and whether the attack is something U.S. officials should have seen coming

reply to post by WarminIndy

Last I checked it was over 2 billion and growing.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join