It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Texas Blue Dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
OK, So I came across this article searched for further info here noe so I thought I'd share , obviously this mut is either a complete hoax or something out of a horror movie.

Nice informative article worth a read

Jon Downes travels to the Lone Star State to solve a canine cryptozoological mystery

Extract

Denise had been watching these strange dog-like creatures – almost completely hairless in the summer and with a thin coat of down in the winter – for about six months, and had filmed and photo-graphed them. One of the problems with the Elmendorf creature being a coyote was that if the animal had been so riddled with sarcoptic mange that it was completely hairless, it would have been hardly able to walk, let alone kill chickens, eat mulberries and wag its tail. Denise’s creatures were apparently able to procreate and appeared to breed true. The video footage we have of them shows them walking with a peculiar hump-backed gait, eating food off the forest floor and appearing perfectly healthy. Eyewitnesses even reported them cocking their legs and scenting trees like normal dogs.

Full Article link (If this article has allready been posted on ats then someone please sort out the search engine)
www.forteantimes.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Looks like a blue Greyhound - But on a bad day
Here is one on a better day

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Run for the hills....it's the Chupacabra!!!

But really, it's probably just a breed of dog that evolved out of necessity. While I haven't seen one of these dogs personally I have a couple of friends that work on a ranch in southwest Texas that say they see them pretty regularly. They've tried running them off but they keep showing back up. So far they're not forming the larger packs it would take for them to worry about the larger livestock, but they have to watch the calves and chickens. The dogs seem pretty good at getting around fences.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Yup your probably right dead thread

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I once had a girl friend who had a blue greyhound - they are a pure breed often used for racing in UK - They are the fastest of dogs
I can imagine that in the wild they are fantastic hunters

They were used in Medieval Times as hunting dogs and are often depicted in old paintings

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
This report mentions videos various times:

The video footage we have of them shows them walking with a peculiar hump-backed gait, eating food off the forest floor and appearing perfectly healthy.

The family’s own dogs, however, seemed eager to make friends and I have footage which appears to show them and a naked blue/grey dog sniffing at each through a chain link fence.

So where are they then? I want to see this animal alive and moving before making any assumptions.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Looks like a mangy coyote/dog mix

The eyes look like they were put there by who ever did the taxidermy

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Nothing to get all excited about most likely track dogs that have been cast off and forming small packs.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by Nammu

Nothing to get all excited about most likely track dogs that have been cast off and forming small packs.

A friend of mine had one such track dog - A female - the dog that is.
It appeared in her garden after being on the loose for several days - It had run away from kennels housing racing dogs.
She was a great character - Apparently the kennels had given up on her because she would not play ball.
Instead of chasing the artificial hare around the track - she would zoom off in the opposite direction.
She was Blue thoroughbred hound.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
looks like it took the greyhound to get out there, "chasing an invisible hare" has so much poetic meaning on this thread

top topics

join