It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darkbake: Digging into my philosophy, an open discussion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I am writing my own philosophy, and I have been going through my posts here on ATS and collecting them and saving them into word documents. From this, I would like to write a cohesive philosophy one day and hopefully publish it in a book.

I am very big on learning from other people, for listening to other perspectives and incorporating them into my own is a nearly essential part of learning.

So I am going to post a few of my short essays here, and then would you guys help me by discussing them and also giving me your own ideas?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Core Values

O.k... I am going to try and explain Karma... well here, let me just give an overview of a philosophy I've been working on:

On the core values:
It is considered healthy when you and those around you are close to your max potential
Healthy values are ones that do this, while unhealthy ones are ones that don't
You are welcome to do as you please, but understand the consequences...
As unhealthy values will make your life experience worse.

On Karma:
Hurting other people is not in your best interest, as it burns bridges, and will only result in harm to you later
Helping other people is in your best interest as it will improve the quality of life of those around you, and thus your life, it will also result in people liking you more and helping you, on occasion.

On Knowledge:
It is important to be willing to accept and create new ideas until they are proven false -
It is also important to accept when you are wrong, for brandishing false beliefs is unhealthy
In addition, empirical evidence is a good thing.

On debating:
Make sure to use tact, this means you want to use language that doesn't accidentally offend someone, for this is unhealthy.
Try to support your arguments with sources and empirical evidence.
Be willing to look at someone else's point of view, you might learn something.
Be willing to admit when you are wrong, for brandishing false beliefs is unhealthy.

On spirituality:
I am able to prove free will exists through scientific methods. I am also hoping to do experiments to further knowledge in areas such as the spirit and afterlife, and a universal God. There is a lot to be discussed and discovered in this area of study.

edit on 29-8-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Cause-and-Effect / Healthy and Unhealthy Choices

I follow a philosophy based on cause-and-effect (which teaches about healthy and unhealthy moral choices but does not judge, it simply shows people that it is in their best interest to make healthy choices) and believe in some aspects of spirituality such as free will, altruism, karma and the afterlife.

I don't want to see these values of mine attacked. I feel they are aspects of the true God, which organized religions in a lot of cases have lost touch with (especially in America)

To me, God works through science, and he would want people to make healthy choices for themselves and others, and to understand the universe, and to reach their full potential. Although he also gives us free will so that we can learn from our mistakes and be able to grow from our experiences.

I will make the bold claim that the Church is not following the will of God, that is what I think.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
A Hint of my Feminist Philosophy

Well, I have been working on a philosophy for a while that I think could spread like a mind virus, inhabiting and awakening people. I get a lot of it from analyzing the new youth culture, actually -

I think the internet did something to them, it seems to have rid their minds of cultural delusions and replaced that with an attitude of being able to understand other people's perspectives, use evidence-based thinking, and be spatial thinkers instead of temporal thinkers.

What that, in turn, means is that they have become more feminine.

This is not a bad thing, nor does it imply weakness. In fact, feminine characteristics can become very strong, yet not impede on others at the same time. It means being aware of the moment, to organize in the moment, to gather information through evidence instead of opinion.

It is the opposite of masculine, which is to be aware of the future, organize temporally, to create. This timeline manipulation is, in fact, useful however...... different factions pushing for different timelines can end up at war and it can necessitate controlling the masses in order to achieve one person's vision.

However, a successful philosophy explaining all of this and creating a way for people to awaken is the answer. For once someone is awakened, they will not be able to participate in totalitarianism even if they wanted to, they will also become free from totalitarianism by default, as it will not be able to affect them, and they will also spread their awakened state to those around them.

This truly is the answer you seek.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Is Fantasy Healthy or Unhealthy?

I don't think it is healthy to pretend you are happy when you aren't - I think it is healthier to find the reasons that you aren't happy and do something about them. In addition, I am always honest with people - I try to never say anything I don't mean - but this doesn't mean I can't be tactful about it.

So in those above cases, I would say fantasy is not healthy.

However, I have a lot of goals, you know, aspirations - to be a better gamer, to be a better musician, to be a better scientist, to be a better businessman, to be a better person, to find someone to love - which takes some fantasy because it isn't all real... yet... but to be honest, without the fantasy, a lot of it would never happen.

But with the fantasy, a lot of it has come real in my past experience.

In addition, as a creative person, I would say I participate in "fantasy" when I am writing a fantasy novel or a new musical piece - even with music, I am often imagining scenes as I write.

Funny story - when I do gaming, I am firmly grounded in reality, as I'm pretty competitive about it, and the games I play require a lot of factual and tactical knowledge.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Cultural Delusions and the Information Age

So about a week ago, there was a thread here: New Pentagon Weapon to Destroy Religion.

It talks about a Pentagon virus to be spread through a flu vaccine that would target the areas in our brain responsible for propagating religious beliefs. It was going to be used on Muslim countries. Later, it was proven to be a hoax.

It got me thinking about the fact that the way my friends and I think has changed so dramatically over the past few years, in the direction that would be suggested by this vaccine, that I even had a nightmare about this. In my nightmare, there was no freedom and there was no faith. I remember going into a dark alley and asking a cloaked figure "Where is God?" and the figure replied, "God only exists in the past." He was suggesting that I would have to time-travel to find Him.

As a lot of us probably know, Richard Dawkins has gone so far as to call religion delusional. This is based on the idea that religious beliefs are not empirically proven, but based on faith.

One thing that Richard Dawkins fails to understand (and I even e-mailed him about this) is that the main driving force of religion is culture, not belief in God. God just acts as a symbolic representation of the culture in question, be it Muslim, Catholic, Protestant, Eastern Orthodox, Episcopalian (why am I having a hard time remembering this one, it is what I grew up as) or whatever.

One thing that Richard Dawkins also fails to understand is that this same delusional thinking is present in Atheist culture, gay culture, feminist culture (to name a few on the far left), and in politics as liberal culture, conservative culture and even national or regional cultures.

The reason it is considered "delusional" is because it has no basis in empirical evidence. As much as Democrats in America can pretend to base all of their beliefs on science, the truth is, they are beliefs, and our science is not advanced enough for them to be considered anything other than that.

So, in essence, Democrats and Atheists are just as delusional as Christians, etc. (although maybe a little less so).

Let's return to the original subject at hand: the CIA virus that would theoretically eliminate religion (which turned out to be a hoax). Well, does the delivery method really matter? What if something, say the internet and the ability to be connected to facts, combined with its tendency to speed up human thinking processes (especially male) acted as a force doing exactly the same thing?

One thing people don't seem to realize, is that something that targets delusions based on religion would also target cultural delusions, even those present in Feminism, Atheism, Liberalism, etc.

Well, let's take a step back. Although I have no proof that the internet is capable of doing this to the general population, I have reasonable proof that the internet has done this in my life. I have gone from being a linear thinker with high cultural delusions to a spatial thinker with very little. It has given me many headaches.

And the most recent result of it is very interesting. When I have tried to watch the news, be it a conservative or liberal station, I don't understand the people talking and I have to shut it off. Maybe politics in America has become so polarized that both political parties are completely out of touch with normal people?

I used to be really into politics, but now I really don't care. In fact, the only thing I notice about both sides is their tendency to use misdirection and manipulative tactics in order to promote their political agendas, agendas which, by the way, probably aren't the ones they really care about.

So the end result, at least for now, of being freed from delusional thinking (not something I tried to do, and not something I claim to have accomplished completely) is not one which anyone on any particular side would expect (since every side would, by definition, be a delusional perspective on reality, and every side, by definition, would consider its views immune to delusional breakdown).

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The Fourth and Fifth Dimensions (Time and Free Will)

Well, one other dimension to be considered that you should have experience with is choice. In other words, in the future, are you going to choose to be a doctor or a janitor? Different timelines can result.

I think there are 10 or 11 dimensions, but I have trouble understanding the higher level ones. It was enough of a brain teaser to understand the 5th dimension (choice) in fact, I am still working on understanding its implications fully.

By the way, the 4th dimension is time. You should have experience with this, too.
Well, in this case, I would say that if we are just talking about the moment we are in, time and choice created parallel universes that we can't interact with at the moment. Although each moment we experience includes a slice of time, or else we wouldn't see movement.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
On the Afterlife

I don't think there is a way to know for sure, so I'll just make something up. I think that before we are born, we reside in a world with other spirits and we talk to our spirit guides in order to decide where we think we should go to learn what we need to in order to progress, and / or where we should go in order to help others progress if we are at that point.

Of course, where we are born is not the only factor, but who our parents are, and possibly what happens to us during our lifetimes. Also, the time period we are born into could be chosen.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Okay everyone, my hope is to write a philosophy that gets its power from empirical evidence and can gain support from the fact that it is something that, if learned, will obviously improve the quality of your own life and those around you - I am aiming for a philosophy that can be implemented on an individual level and will spread naturally.

Another goal of my philosophy is to make it self-evident to people who read it how their actions that harm others actually harm themselves, therefore rendering them incapable of doing this anymore.

In the best case scenario, I'm hoping that it will spread world-wide and result in a much better place for everyone

I plan on making my philosophy as compatible with as many religions and viewpoints as possible, so that it can be put into place as a secondary philosophy under any major philosophy. Therefore, I don't wish to actively engage in hostile relations with other factions.

Any thoughts or input are appreciated.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
On Transcendence

In addition to enhanced astral experiences, are you experiencing anything else such as becoming completely aware of your surroundings, a shift from temporal thinking to spatial thinking, becoming aware of other people's perspectives and things of that nature? Also, transcending traditional values and thinking of things in terms of what is healthy for you and those around you?

That happened to me a few years ago, and it was very hard to master, I am still working on it.

All right cool, if you are experiencing those kind of symptoms like I have been, I was going to recommend working on mastering all of those changes and in doing so, I figure it would make your astral experiences easier to control. I plan on trying astral travel and stuff eventually, right now I'm working on lucid dreaming.

It really took me a LONG time to get accustomed to being able to sense other people's perspectives. It got overwhelming. I remember having a lot of dreams where I felt like I was dying, being ripped out of my body and stuff during this time.

As far as living in the moment, there are two things I suggest - you can still be organized in the moment by organizing those things around you. I also find that the temporal flow seems to be reversed - while before, you might have been moving forward towards goals, now you might find that it is easier to learn from the past (experience), or just experience in general.

Saying that, it is still possible to bring novelty into the world, but it is easier to process and organize novelty that already exists and needs to be organized.

I hope that helps.

One last thing - before all these other changes happened, I believed in God and spirituality, but felt like I knew it didn't exist. I remember when I was finally able to transcend this. I was standing next to a black lake, which represented accepting that spirituality didn't exist. It turns out that by standing on the edge, I was wasting my time - so I decided to screw it and jump in. I fell through the dark depths, and in doing so, I began to see specks of light - it turns out that it was easier to see the light while in the darkness. That is how my spiritual journey started.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Great reading and thanks for taking the time to share.

I will read more thoroughly before a proper reply.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I applaud and flag your ability to collect your thoughts on such a wide variety of subjects with such clarity.
I do find your use of so called empirical evidence to be your greatest enemy in your search for truth but as you know that is just my opinion.
What i have found to be absolute is that everything changes. I think that most empirical evidence is found in mathematics and such and not so much in observations of reality.
However as far as i know you could be right about everything.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Empirical evidence is kind of the opposite of culture / creativity or theory, both are needed, it is important to be able to try new things in areas where empirical support is unknown (even just to the individual) or to have the freedom to do things that aren't empirically the most efficient, otherwise life would stagnate.
edit on 11-9-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
On Cultural Delusions and a Transcendent State

Cultural delusions are beliefs placed upon you by society that are not, in fact, real. Another example of a type of cultural delusion would be a way of interacting that is not, in fact, the healthiest way of interacting.

When you obtain the state of getting rid of your cultural delusions, time will stop and you will be able to realistically ascertain your situation. You will be completely aware of everything going on around you. This is how you know that your delusions are gone.

This is absolutely what happens. This is what ascension is about. A lot of people are becoming this enlightened, and a lot are not.

In America, you can tell that there is a division happening because the country is turning into two polar opposite viewpoints. I would not be surprised, with the way things have been going for a lot of the world spiritually, if there was a division and a bunch of people ascended.

In fact, if that didn't happen, I would assume that the world would still divide into two polarized viewpoints that would then clash in a gigantic war and result in middle-ground.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Knowing vs. Thinking

Well, knowing comes from past experience while thinking usually involves future ideas.

The Matrix Trilogy

Sometimes it is beneficial to watch a movie outside of its intended time frame in order to understand its meaning. I believe that when a visionary writes, he or she is drawing on pieces from the future, sometimes without realizing it. In addition, a lot of what is thought to be science fiction is actually an expansion on the present culture, so watching older movies can give you an insight into what life was like in the past.

I was wondering why I was having a mental block on picturing the future past the end of this year, and then I watched The Matrix: Reloaded last night.

The Oracle said we have already made our choices, we are here to understand why. And that we can't see past the choices we don't understand. This tells me that none of us are able to see what is coming in the next four years because it is past our comprehension.

If The Matrix was meant to foreshadow an age of enlightenment and figuring out who we really are, which I would argue happened in the years following its release, then The Matrix: Reloaded is meant to depict the time period we have recently entered. There are lessons in that movie that I never picked up on before, because I saw it in the wrong era.

I will give you one example. When Morpheus told of the prophecy and "The One" I used to believe him and think that everyone else was getting in his way. Now, when I watch the movie, I tend to connect more with the people who think he is crazy.

Art is something that is hardly understood. A lot of what an artist depicts, he or she has no idea of the true meaning, but is accessing a realm beyond our understanding. The duty of an artist is to express what they encounter in the other realm. Therefore, their art may have meaning in it that they are not aware of.

Another very important lesson that The Matrix: Reloaded mentions is the idea that the matrix repeats itself, over and over again.

I have not watched The Matrix: Revolutions yet, but I am guessing it will have to do with the next time period, where we awaken and fight the machines (which represent, well, human machines basically) and the final overthrow of the system, even after many cycles.
edit on 6-12-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I am offloading my philosophy and discoveries on ATS right now because it is time. So here is the thesis paper I wrote for my psychology major two years ago on a quantum theory of mind - it is only an introduction to what I have discovered, but it is what I have.

The link is to the Google Document file, as it is a long report and there are diagrams.

A Mathematical Evaluation of Consciousness

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I applaud your effort thought I disagree with most of what you say. Still the effort is worthwhile. I have seen many things over my 60yrs many of them unexplainable. However my major problem with your beliefs is they are mainly to me mainstream. By that I mean you have not seen enough of life. The more you see of life the less it fits into any mode. There is a saying that the more you learn the less you know.

Please continue to refine your thoughts over time. It is a good effort regardless of if I agree with your beliefs or not. Each person has to define what their life is about on their own. Do not let anyone stop you from learning and defineing your beliefs. It is your life. Live it as best you can.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Darkbake,
I created an account on here specifically so I could message you some questions... Promptly finding out that I can not message without having some posts :/
Would you mind if I ask you on here?
I was checking out some things on James Holmes, which lead to some threads you were involved in.
You stated somewhere you are in his generation, and I am as well. It would be grand to have conversation with someone (even near) my age on subjects you brought up. I am currently Psychology major, eventually Physics. James Holmes curiosity was because of my Professor, who is attaining a PhD in Neuroscience said he understood the pressure to snap >.>
Thanks either way, your posts are inspiring
edit on 8-1-2013 by Traxan89 because: Autocorrect made Darkbake turn into Darkblade o.O

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
to learn what we need to in order to progress, and / or where we should go in order to help others progress if we are at that point.

Progress from what to what? Why is it necessary for us to "progress" ?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Traxan89

Oh wow, I'm honored that you made an account just to ask me questions. I'm sorry I didn't pick up on this earlier, I would recommend making some posts and then messaging me. Or you could e-mail me @gmail. It isn't too hard to guess my address.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join