It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaos At GOP Convention Over RNC Rule Changes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Well, it seems like the Ron Paul supporters have a legitimate gripe about this. I really don't think the "ayes" had it in this case.

As a side note, I feel really bad for the lady from Puerto Rico that was trying to give her speech after all that. And, I have seen some reports trying to say the convention was booing her, but that is not the case.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I dont understand? Did they just instate new rules based on the screams from the crowd?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

I dont understand? Did they just instate new rules based on the screams from the crowd?

I'm pretty sure a part of the clip is missing at the beginning, but I can't find a clip that shows that vote. There were two votes...and both had very loud and convincing "NOs" to counter the "Ayes"...and yet the chairman and then Boehner passed the resolution anyway.

The resolution was about a rules change...but I'm not clear on the details. What is clear is that a large group of the delegates, and from what I am hearing, Ron Paul delegates were not happy about it at all.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

These are the people that want control of our country? We are F*cked.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

U
S
A

U
S
A

lol? Is that what they are chanting? WHY?

I only watched the part when Mrs.Romney and Chis Christy spoke, I had to
too many times to count.

edit on 29-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Because some delegates (I'm thinking mostly the Ron Paul delegates) were screaming "Point of Order"...and so the others started chanting "USA" to drown them out.

Yes...just like in grade school...apparently the same rules apply to our national Conventions as they do to grade school...if we yell louder than you, we win.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I was wondering the same thing. What a weird thing to chant.

Then it dawned on me. The GOP knew the Paulites were gonna be in full force so they told everyone to chant that when there was dissent among the crowd. Last minute damage control.

From the outside looking in, it really does look like they are a bunch of idiots chanting like that.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

That's what I was thinking, because it didn't sound like USA at first, then weirdly morphed into it.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I've seen wet t-shirt contests with a better and more fair voting system

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Texas delegates planning floor mutiny over RNC rule changes

At 2 p.m. on Tuesday, the Rules Committee members will debate whether the new rule should be struck down. Fredricks thinks she has the 29 members necessary to start a debate about the change, and is hopeful she can resolve the issue before the committee adjourns and joins the larger convention floor.

news.yahoo.com...

So, guess they were screaming something else at the beginning for sure? They showed a few with those Texas shirts in the OPs video.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

It's an absolute mess down there.

I'm guessing this is why the moved the nomination roll call vote to today instead of waiting to have it on Thursday. I think they knew that by Thursday people are going to be pissed off and irate..and looking for a way to vent their anger.

Last thing they needed was for a scene like that to happen during the nomination.
edit on 29-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Audio of the screaming was cut out by C-SPAN, but it continued unabated as the convention proceeded, with angry delegates shouting “No” to practically every motion following this decision. The shouting of “U-S-A” followed each outburst, a response that Tweeter robport suggested might have been coordinated:

CSPAN cut the audio, real great media we have there...

RT @robport: ND delegate just texted me saying they were instructed to chant “USA” to drown out dissent. #RNCpowergrab

“Point of order! Seat them now! We’ve been robbed!” Paul supporters shouted.

Two members of the Texas delegation are chanting “Point of order” repeatedly.

— Zeke Miller (@ZekeJMiller) August 28, 2012

More members of the Texas delegation now joining in

— Zeke Miller (@ZekeJMiller) August 28, 2012

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

The floor at the Republican National Convention briefly erupted into chaos Tuesday, when supporters of libertarian gadfly Ron Paul burst out into boos and chants of "point of order" over a new Republican Party rule that conservative activists say will sharply curtail the role of state parties and the party's grassroots base.

It seems they were yelling "point of order".

www.businessinsider.com...

I think these new rules are unfair not only to Paul supporters, but to Republicans in general. Everyone should have been yelling "point of order".

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Why are people saying on twitter that the #RNCpowergrab wasn't about Ron Paul, it was the whole reason it happened in the first place. right?

Michelle Malkin ‏@michellemalkin Whoever is claiming that the #RNCpowergrab is only/all about Ron Paul has no idea what's going on.

For those sitting by, accepting falsehood that #RNCpowergrab was about RonPaul, you are morons. This was RNC tyranny against #Conservatives.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Why does the political parties still use this insanely inaccurate and corruption-ridden method to cast a decision?
The speaker can decide who won the vote, deny a recount, and the party has to "deal with it."

Seriously, all they need to do is this:

--Make them walk forward, two by two with their ID's present.
--Sign a paper ballot on a table that is on camera, which will be displayed on the jumbo-tron.
--Count the ballots on camera in public and figure out who won it.

There. No more corruption. You're welcome, Republicans. ( I just registered to vote as one with the hope RP might be on the ballot, guess I'm writing him in anyway)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I really don't know...it seems there may be more to this.

Maybe they are going to try to use this to shut out the crazy Tea Party types as well???

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

I think the RNC successfully painted Ron Paul and his delegates as the "enemy"...so the rest did what they were asked to "stop him".

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Yeah but the Tea Party is supported by the same corporate interests as the GOP. Doesn't make sense, they get into office then vote nearly the same as current republicans on average anyway.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by psuxavier

Or...any game show voting system.

They know how many delegates there are going to be...each one gets their own assigned seat...give them a damn button to vote with.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

RT @robport: ND delegate just texted me saying they were instructed to chant “USA” to drown out dissent. #RNCpowergrab

“Point of order! Seat them now! We’ve been robbed!” Paul supporters shouted.

Wow, if even a simpleton like me can figure out that was coordinated, they better up their game.

Unless they just don't care anymore. Which seems to be the case.

<<   2 >>

join