It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plant officials stop flouridating water... Get put on leave

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
To those who need my sources and references: some I am not permitted to mention on this website however some other sources are: Fire Water: Australia's Industrial Fluoridation Disgrace available to view on the internet and is just shy of two hours - however - there is a short introduction with voice comments and then the documentary title and credits - the first twenty minutes will relay to you - via professionals - what fluoride is - where it comes from - the processes of its creation and how it is transported to our water supplies - complete with video footage of industrial buildings. Well put together - easy to understand and I highly recommend even the first 20 -30 minutes if a two hour time limit is too long for people with other responisbilities.

How Stuff Works - Stuff They Don't Want You To Know - Fluoridation 6.02 minutes.
Youtube - The Fluoride Deception Exposes The Truth About Water Fluoridation and the Phosphate Mining Industry - The Health Ranger 12.59 mins.

The two above references are very easy to understand - for people who are new to science and chemical names etcetera. I also read widely and include medical papers from medical professionals in my personal research- there are plenty available when you search widely.

The American Dental Association and Centres for Disease Control (USA) advise - (in red lettering ) Baby formulas should NOT be mixed with fluoridated water because of the high risk of fluorosis.

Fluoride causes fluorosis, affecting teeth and bones (World Health Organisation).

Lowered Intelligence - Fluoride in water can be toxic to the nervous system. Researchers suggest it should now be regarded as an (in red lettering) "Emerging Neurotoxin" because of its ability to lower the IQ in Children at levels proposed for Queensland. (The Lancet Medical Journal Vol.368, Dec 2006).

Baby formula made up with fluoridated water is no longer considered safe. (American Dental Association November 2006).

Hip Fractures - Ingested fluoride accumulates in bones causing brittleness as with hip fractures. It may also cause joint stiffness and pain. (National Research Council, USA (2006)).

Bone Cancer - Boys in fluoridated communities have five times more risk of bone cancer. (Bassin, E. 2006; Cancer, Causes, Control).

The above are some referenced quotes from a handout I received from a fellow researcher. There were some other thought provoking comments.

Most countries have rejected water fluoridation while Australia and USA still promote it. European countries that have ceased water fluoridation have no increase in tooth decay.

In healthy adults 50% of ingested fluoride is retained in the body. In young Children as much as 80% is retained. (Eksterand et al., Adv Dent Res 1994b; 8:175-80). Note the date of 1994 on this research ????!!!!!

Taking Iodine is helpful for those who are interested in protecting their health while our fellow sleepers catch up - Iodine - The Universal & Holisitc Super Mineral by Gabriel Cousens, MD, MD(H), DD - is an easy to read paper. I was published in the local newspaper recently and an elderly gentleman contacted me and sent me some information which included the fact, as a farmer he had cured cancer-eye in his stock by giving them iodine in their diet because the fluoridated water they ingested pulled all the iodine out of the environment.

Hope the few listed references will help people to get stuck into some personal research. Don't rely on any one person - rely on yourself and conduct your own research - you are all far more capable than the cabal/illuminati/whatever allow you to be. On a personal note I purchased a brand new kettle when I decided to stop drinking fluoridated water - several months later not a single deposit of any chemical or mineral on the internal surface of the kettle - only putting non fluoridated water in it and I use it daily. My general health and clarity of mind have improved out of sight. I am under enormous stressors not of my own making - have been for 18 months and I am unfortunately prone to depression - since I ceased drinking and cooking with fluoridated water - not even sad let alone depressed. It is truly amazing and I encourage everyone reading this to conduct their own experiment by ceasing to drink fluoridated tap water.

Much Peace...
edit on 25-8-2012 by Amanda5 because: grammar

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Thanks for the info there will be a bit of interesting reading and watching to do in the next couple of days

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I've been keeping an eye on any bit of information that I came across on fluoride since in the early seventies. Our government shouldn't have got involved in fluoridating water. The benefits to the enamel are not worth the problems created in the body of the teeth, the teeth get brittle, they have known that since the beginning. The fluoride ion sticks to the thyroid and doesn't allow the Iodine to attach, this tranquilizes people and this is the main reason the fluoride was added in the first place. Check around on medical sites to see this or in government research articles, it's out there in many places. These people had a right to lower the fluoride, the government called to lower the fluoride in drinking water to one third the amount in around February of last year. Any city that keeps the 1.5 does it at their own risk and has to pay for lawsuits because it is exceeding the governments new recommended amounts. They are on their own. The government did not lower these recommended standards for no reason, the information is in the bill that was introduced and passed. Trouble is everyone is convinced that it won't hurt you and isn't going to change. I never got involved in fighting fluoridation because I saw what the government did to a woman who did back in the seventies. They audited her every year and disallowed common deductions. I kept my mouth shut even though I knew that the research was real. I guess People are dumb to believe something a government agency with so much proof against it by so many legitimate people. Now these same people won't believe it's bad because it would mean they would need to admit they were deceived. Wake up, we have all been conned in the past one way or another.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So...why is flouride added to water? To help our dental health? It has to be GROUND into the tooth material to actually work so how is DRINKING it helping our teeth? It's a class 6 poison for crying out loud. Even toothpaste tells you to call poison control if you even swallow any. Good grief this mentality reminds me of the snake oil salesmen with their wagons...selling garbage to people as cures. You trying to tell me that putting this www.fannz.org.nz... # into our bodies and our children's bodies is safe let alone smart? If it's SO #ING SAFE why don't they sell it to us on the godamned store shelves and let us do it ourselves. If it's really helpful WHY do they need to FORCE us use it who do not wish to by dumping it into our drinking water? What about the towns that DON'T want it but are FORCED to use it, what about them? At least someone tried do do something about this horrible practice.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Opportunia

The million dollar question. Not to mention the FACT it causes dental fluorosis (scientifically provable) in higher quantities. So it is actually detrimental to your dental health if you drink too much tap water (on top of the amount you are already exposed to via tooth paste).

Fluoride apologists have not got a leg to stand on, and there is ample evidence to question why it's necessary in drinking water. Dentists with credentials and experience far more extensive than phage has are on record stating as much, yet we have skepticism for the sake of intellectual masturbation on the issue.
edit on 26-8-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Fluoride also causes a kill off or reduces the reproduction of bacteria by lowering it's ability to make energy I think. I say I think because I see no evidence that states this but much evidence that sort of implies it. I know fluoride kills bacteria but can't exactly find it's methods. This is good and bad, depending on how we interpret it.

It is good to kill microbes in the mouth and this is one of the reason we use it in toothpaste. It is not good to kill al the microbes in the intestines though or we would need to repopulate them every day. Hence comes the necessity for probiotics and yogurt cultures. Hence comes a bunch of serious health problems to people from drinking too much fluoridated water. Keep the fluoride in toothpaste, get it out of the water. Fluoride also causes brittle bones, that is proven, because it upsets the mineral balance in the body if overused. Too much tea is also no good for a person. All things considered, fluoridating water was the single biggest blunder our government ever did. Now they are having problems fixing the problem because they can't come out and say they screwed up without being sued. A mistake is a mistake unless you learn from it, otherwards it's a learning experience. Fix the problem and don't allow lawsuits. The people who have had their lives destroyed by fighting fluoride should be happy if it gets fixed and should not try to sue. Our government should recognize these people's concerns and give them credit for their continued fighting of an injustice.

The bad in fluoridating water outnumbers the good ten to one, mostly because of the compounding action of fluoridating the water supply. Fluoride is absorbed through the skin also. It is absorbed in food by cooking things in water.
edit on 26-8-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
The point is people paid for Fluoride and got none. So where did the money go

People actually paying for fluoride reminds me of those wall posters from the 1950's telling us that doctors prefer a certain brand of cigarette.

Re: Fluoride ..... Somebody actually paid for this poison to be added to their water. Pure stupidity that should easily qualify as a crime against humanity.

I only hope these folks destroyed the fluoride in a safe manner. These people are real heros.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I am against flouride, my county stopped it after most people being smart enough to vote against it.

www.pinellascounty.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I deliver a chemical to water treatment plants sometimes. Its just "aquadene", a phosphate that is used as a corrosion inhibitor...yummmmy. I usually bring up the fluoride, but i never ever talk about it being a conspiracy. Two plants i delivered to actually did not use fluoride, the guy told me the people in that area did not want it. The operator told me its a conspiracy...nice!

Scary part is i had a guy a couple weeks ago tell me, "ah its just fluoride. Ive got it on my skin before. No big deal. He must be fluoridated half to death... :/

Im sick of spending 5 dollars for a teeny tiny tube of fluoride free toothpaste by the way.

Id like to know why some places fluoride their water to just under the maximum level allowed. Wtf? Oh, and i got a letter from my city recently, telling me everything thats in my water, and how much and the maximum levels. Fluoride is in it but just a tiny bit. Anyhow, i shouldnt taste the fluoride, good for my teeth or not. A lot of places in pennsylvania put so much in that i cant drink the water. Disgusting.

Putting the maximum level in is kind of like saying fried food is good for you because its fried in vegetable oil and vegetables are good for you.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

To help prevent tooth decay.

That's why it's in our water??!?!? Are you serious? Sheesh Phage ....it is working on you.

Ingesting Fluoride through water that goes through a bunch of organs in your body ....... somehow helps your teeth?

Sorry but no. Fluoride is in toothpaste for that reason. We brush our teeth then rinse out the mouth and spit. No ingesting is involved.
edit on 26-8-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I love how people can defend the addition of dangerous chemicals to their vital drinking water supplies. Every time I read this website I am convinced there are more and more people on here trying to stir up discord by making clearly insane posts, maybe even paid to do so? Good God Lemon!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by aware6788

The larger part of Europe has not been adding Flouride to their water because of the known health risks.
Which is "the larger part"? Maybe that could be because there is more than enough natural fluoride present.

The scenarios suggest that the tolerable limit is not exceeded in areas with artificially fluoridated drinking water, which has a good deal less fluoride than is found in the regions with the highest naturally occurring levels.

European Commision/Health and Consumers

edit on 8/25/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Here ya go,

www.fluoridealert.org...

Germany: "Generally, in Germany fluoridation of drinking water is forbidden. The relevant German law allows exceptions to the fluoridation ban on application. The argumentation of the Federal Ministry of Health against a general permission of fluoridation of drinking water is the problematic nature of compuls[ory] medication." (Gerda Hankel-Khan, Embassy of Federal Republic of Germany, September 16, 1999).

France: "Fluoride chemicals are not included in the list [of 'chemicals for drinking water treatment']. This is due to ethical as well as medical considerations." (Louis Sanchez, Directeur de la Protection de l'Environment, August 25, 2000).

Belgium: "This water treatment has never been of use in Belgium and will never be (we hope so) into the future. The main reason for that is the fundamental position of the drinking water sector that it is not its task to deliver medicinal treatment to people. This is the sole responsibility of health services." (Chr. Legros, Directeur, Belgaqua, Brussels, Belgium, February 28, 2000).

Luxembourg: "Fluoride has never been added to the public water supplies in Luxembourg. In our views, the drinking water isn't the suitable way for medicinal treatment and that people needing an addition of fluoride can decide by their own to use the most appropriate way, like the intake of fluoride tablets, to cover their [daily] needs." (Jean-Marie RIES, Head, Water Department, Administration De L'Environment, May 3, 2000).

Sweden: "Drinking water fluoridation is not allowed in Sweden...New scientific documentation or changes in dental health situation that could alter the conclusions of the Commission have not been shown." (Gunnar Guzikowski, Chief Government Inspector, Livsmedels Verket -- National Food Administration Drinking Water Division, Sweden, February 28, 2000).

(See statement by Dr. Arvid Carlsson, the Nobel Laureate in Medicine, who helped lead the campaign to prevent fluoridation in Sweden in the late 1970s.)

Denmark: "We are pleased to inform you that according to the Danish Ministry of Environment and Energy, toxic fluorides have never been added to the public water supplies. Consequently, no Danish city has ever been fluoridated." (Klaus Werner, Royal Danish Embassy, Washington DC, December 22, 1999). www.fluoridation.com/c-denmark.htm (To read the Danish Ministry of the Environment's reasons for banning fluoridation, click here)

Norway: "In Norway we had a rather intense discussion on this subject some 20 years ago, and the conclusion was that drinking water should not be fluoridated." (Truls Krogh & Toril Hofshagen, Folkehelsa Statens institutt for folkeheise (National Institute of Public Health) Oslo, Norway, March 1, 2000).

Netherlands: "From the end of the 1960s until the beginning of the 1970s drinking water in various places in the Netherlands was fluoridated to prevent caries. However, in its judgement of 22 June 1973 in case No. 10683 (Budding and co. versus the City of Amsterdam) the Supreme Court (Hoge Road) ruled there was no legal basis for fluoridation. After that judgement, amendment to the Water Supply Act was prepared to provide a legal basis for fluoridation. During the process it became clear that there was not enough support from Parlement [sic] for this amendment and the proposal was withdrawn." (Wilfred Reinhold, Legal Advisor, Directorate Drinking Water, Netherlands, January 15, 2000).

More on the link.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Very good read and we have followed this issue for years, the following is a quote from an article that is dated but when written a very large city here in Ontario just voted out Fluoride treatment to the local water supply....

Quote as follows "On April 16, Martin Mittelstaedt of the Globe and Mail reported that, “When it comes to fluoridating drinking water, Ontario and Quebec couldn’t be further apart. Ontario has the country’s highest rate of adding the tooth-enamel-strengthening chemical into municipal supplies, while Quebec has one of the lowest, with practically no one drinking fluoridated water.” “More than three-quarters of Ontario residents live in areas where municipal water supplies contain the chemical. In Quebec, 94 per cent have water free of the additive, according to figures published by Health Canada in 2007. Since then, Quebec City has voted to stop fluoridating, indicating that the difference between the two provinces is currently even more pronounced.” “But surprisingly, the two provinces have very little difference in tooth-decay rates, a finding that is likely to intensify the ongoing controversy over the practice of adding fluoride to water as a public health measure.” HEALTH CONCERNS Hardy Limeback, the head of the preventive dentistry program at the University of Toronto, says, “Fluoridation is no longer effective (and adding the chemical to water is) more harmful than beneficial.”

Here is the link for the article.....
www.canadians.org...

We took matters into our own hands after our city declined to hold a vote on the issue.
We installed a 5 stage Reverse Osmosis system that eliminated the Fluoride and other toxins from our drinking and cooking water....

Yes we know we are still getting it via showers and commercially produced foods, but we are getting much less then our neighbours for sure....

In our opinion and many professionals in the medical field that there is no argument to be had here, plain and simple this stuff is toxic and that is the hard science lesson of the day.

I wish we could afford to move to Quebec and be left alone by the toxin deployers we have to suffer here..

S&F

Regards, Iwinder

edit on 26-8-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
Thanks for the replies. I completely agree. I drink distilled water and make sure the only water my daughter drinks is distilled as well.

Hey.

Do NOT drink DISTILLED water... It is extremely bad for you.

If you are concerned about the health benefits of the water you drink... Use SPRING water.

Distilled water is hungry water and will go scavenging/leaching to achieve balance. It will rob your body to satisfy itself.

Water is ALIVE!

Only drink distilled water if there is NOTHING else available. And only for the briefest amount of time possible.

Another fluoride discussion?

Seriously guys... Fluoride is POISON!

There is ABSOLUTELY NO benefit to ingesting fluoride in ANY form!

Only in America can people be convinced that fluoride, usually in the form of INDUSTRIAL WASTE, mostly from aluminum smelting is somehow good for you! And SHOULD be added to your water supply.

Oh your dentist says its 'good' for you.

If you believe that (or anything the AMA/ADA says...
), apparently the damage has ALREADY been done.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Here is the thing though, whether these guys were doing something good or not so good, the citizens of the area voted to have flouride added to the drinking water.

It wasn't their choice to go against something that was voted for in the area.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sulie
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Here is the thing though, whether these guys were doing something good or not so good, the citizens of the area voted to have flouride added to the drinking water.

It wasn't their choice to go against something that was voted for in the area.

I am anti Fluoride to the nines and with that said I agree with your post above.
It was almost for sure an action that broke some kind of law there in that city.

On the other hand as I mentioned in an earlier post our city refuses to hold a vote on the issue and be sure that a lot of people here in town want a vote...

How do we go about getting a vote on the removal of Fluroide from our water?????

I guess we can push for a vote on it with having a vote on the issue of should we have a vote on it......
And so on and so forth, they (council and Mayor) won't move on it so for now it is a dead issue...
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Why do you think quoting corrupted corporations and companies lends weight to your statement?Let me put it this way... Say the government and big pharmacy make billions on childhood vaccines. Then new testing shows that vaccines cause autism; of course they are going to cover their own asses and deny it till they are blue in the face.

Do you know how much public pandemonium and money they would lose if it was ever 'confirmed'? These people are in business to make money; not baby sit us and keep us healthy. Or else explain to me why at least a 100000 people in the US alone die from prescription pills.
edit on 26-8-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

You're not likely to get an answer to your question.
it is this member's M.O.

It is called "Hit and Run".

Carpet bomb with google links to official versions of events,reports,studies,surveys,polls,and statistics all of which are provided either directly or indirectly by the very people or organizations who are the subject of criticism and inquiry.

When these errors in thinking and debating are discovered and addressed, he is long gone never to return.

Frustrating?
sure.
Unexpected?
Nope.
Just pay attention, you'll see.
edit on 26-8-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Phage

You do realize that ingesting fluoride can only be harmful right? Actually, there are quite a few things that help to prevent cavities; like sodium tetraborate for example, or Boron. It is in Israel's public water supply and they have the lowest arthritis rates in the world. Not to mention the difference between calcium fluoride which occurs naturally and is still harmful in large concentrations, well water, and sodium fluoride which is what they add to toothpaste and water. Sodium fluoride actually comes as a by-product of uranium enrichment. Not to mention if you read your fluoridated toothpaste it says to call the poison control center if swallowing more than the recommended allotment; which swallowing the fluoride in your water does virtually NOTHING for your teeth. It is to be used topically; not ingested. Should I really go on?

link   
While Fluoridation seems completely un-neccesary, I can understand why these officials were put on leave.

They weren't doing what they were paid to do.. That's not a conspiracy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join