It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Martian object crystalline, organic or something else? Not another "finger"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Most of the Mars pictures I've visually scanned have shown some odd shapes etc, but nothing yet that I haven't seen rock hounding in many states across the US. I have yet to be one of those posters to say; look it's a finger etc. in a Mars photo. That being said; I still am not going to be one of them. I have stared long and hard at this particular anomaly and I have no idea what it is, I have seen similar here on Earth but it has always been a crystalline or organic in structure...this "object" appears somewhat transparent(shine through where highlights shouldn't be) and casts a shadow at both ends. I can honestly say it looks organic, at least my mind keeps saying that, from grasping at shapes to make form; although logic tells me it is crystalline....thoughts?

Unaltered zoomed original:

Enhanced zoomed anomaly circled:

Enhanced and zoomed no circle:

Zoomed out original for location purposes:

Link to NASA JPL photo:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
My first thought was that it's the Geico lizard claiming Mars.

My second thought is could be crystalline or possibly something to do with the rover. It's definitely not a rock.

~Heff
edit on 8/24/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Towards the left of it and up a little, there is a round anomalous silver object with a brass/gold colored end in the middle. I would take that as human trash debris from current or past operations. But the subject of my post just doesn't make any sense...but then again plastic trash seems to be everywhere...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

I think you've found something that warrants a good discussion over.....

Des

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
while it kinda looks like it has a couple of limbs with pincers, and sort of "ish" has a head, arrangements of rocks and pebbles are pretty diverse especially in low res... cool find, but i lean towards the rock answer for this one at the mo

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks, it's hard to turn off that part of the brain that wants to see faces etc. when staring at mars photos for any length of time, of course if you don't...look there's a mermaid donkey. But yes indeed other than human contamination, or crystalline it doesn't make any sense. I am not sure if NASA has said anything of crystalline discoveries; simply because I haven't looked. Logically speaking though, every element on the periodic table found here should be found there as well.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Unfortunately, I can't upload the TIF images I have on my hard drive, that are nearly 4mg in size and much clearer vs. the 300-400kb jpg's represented here

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness
reply to post by skalla

Unfortunately, I can't upload the TIF images I have on my hard drive, that are nearly 4mg in size and much clearer vs. the 300-400kb jpg's represented here

Is it possible to load them onto a photo hosting site? It would be awesome to see cleaner detail.

Des

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Unfortunately not to my knowledge, I tried Photobucket among others but none supported the TIF image format. I placed a link to the original NASA JPL site so everyone could find this in better resolution than I could upload. I used Jasc paint shop pro 9 to enhance the image. I did a digital camera artifact clean, a noise reduction, and a normalize color. For those interested in how I enhanced the photo.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

If for some reason there is multi-cellular life there, a reptile would make the most sense in such an inhospitable climate, but then again that would mean it needs food and water, and whatever it's food is needs food...etc etc. forming a chain. Evolutionists, have found that the larger the land mass the larger the animals...so using their theory this thing is pretty tiny compared to the size of Mars' land mass.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The only time I will even consider one of these so called "Rock" creatures (and there have been ones surrounding each lander) is if they move.

I have yet to see good enough evidence, except for the martian bunny that any have moved.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This image was the exact thing I had to keep putting out of my mind, while trying to figure out what it could be:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I am not familiar with the "Mars Bunny" I would love it if NASA would release a high resolution 360 video. They have the cameras for it so we might get to see one; a video not a bunny. If I did see a bunny then I'd break out Google Earth to see if I could find the filming location lol.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness

I am not familiar with the "Mars Bunny" I would love it if NASA would release a high resolution 360 video. They have the cameras for it so we might get to see one; a video not a bunny. If I did see a bunny then I'd break out Google Earth to see if I could find the filming location lol.

I am still on the fence with this one as it does appear to be a creature...I called it a sand king.

marsrovers.nasa.gov...

More Sandkings www.flickr.com...
edit on 24-8-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

Save it as a PNG and try again.

From the images you posted it's impossible to know what that really is, as there isn't enough resolution (and too much compression artefacts) for it. The "enhanced" versions are, as expected, even worse, as the "enhancement" destroyed even more detail.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The color-shape is not the usual rock,i see 2 shapes in one ,the left end looks like something round and with holes when the other side looks like is a sharp end,..........

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rocha123

That's the problem of looking at a 3D scene "flattened" into a 2D scene, we don't know if those are holes or just darker points.

PS: interesting name, appropriate for someone discussing rocks. .)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

That's a Mars image? Yeah, I have no idea what those things are wow very odd.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I'll try to get some up in PNG, unaltered unless the original format from NASA is JPG, then I will keep it native, unless you think PNG would be better. I removed the digital camera distortion and it went from grainy sandy to watery from blending with adjacent pixels. Making it a lot clearer in my opinion, but I agree any alteration from original causes more distortion not less...

On another note I have developed the ability to see 3D from a 2D due to my line of work in engineering, if a top, front, and right hand side isn't available, and it is a 2D isometric representation like this is, you have to rely on light and shadows to see the 2D feature in 3D. That's why this object is very anomalous to me, it doesn't fit in, next to every other example of mars photos I have slowly scanned, out of my curiosity of minerals being a rock hound in my leisure time.

Speaking of which does anyone have a direct NASA JPL link to the "Bunny" I'd like to examine it more closely.

edit on 25-8-2012 by BigBrotherDarkness because: edit

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Ok, image update to the best resolution raw I can currently attain 624.992 pixels per inch, the image is from the NASA JPL un altered except for format from the JPG to PNG the photo is 12.3 mb. I tried to embed it but ATS has data limits.

Direct link to my album:
i1076.photobucket.com...
edit on 25-8-2012 by BigBrotherDarkness because: Achieved higher resolution updated post

top topics

<<   2 >>

join