It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is their any Magic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
any magic i can practice without changing my religion im catholic

[edit on 12-10-2004 by elemtalsage]

[edit on 14-10-2004 by elemtalsage]

[edit on 14-10-2004 by elemtalsage]

[edit on 15-10-2004 by elemtalsage]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   
It are be speled catholic

By maj...magic do you mean casting fireballs? I'm serious though. I have a decent amount of knowledge and I am more then willing to share but I need a little more clarification as to what you're looking for.

*Edit: as far as what you need...the Holy Kingdom is within right?

[edit on 023131p://14u18 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Im not sure what you mean by "majic", or if thats any different from magic. But, if you're talking about magic, its not really magic, all of its just an illusion which counts on the participants wanting to believe, being distracted, etc. If you're cool with that then just buy some starter kits at walmart. ha

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Your catholic prayers are magic buddy...

Basically if you visualise something strongly enough and have enough mental energy to turn visualisation into reality it will happen... this is a more subtle form of magic... not firebals, and lightening and turning people into toads... but more for everyday sorta things... look into wicca.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Your catholic prayers are magic buddy...

Basically if you visualise something strongly enough and have enough mental energy to turn visualisation into reality it will happen... this is a more subtle form of magic... not firebals, and lightening and turning people into toads... but more for everyday sorta things... look into wicca.

Will these things really happen, or is it just confirmation bias? Are you weeding out what doesnt match what you desire, and latching on to anything remotely close?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Magic has always exsited since the begining of time or the universe created. One only has to believe, its all around you. Magic (how did you get here?) How was the perfect rose created? Its magic..............

[edit on 14-10-2004 by magical communications]

[edit on 14-10-2004 by magical communications]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
In the Catholic church, a ritual is performed in which wafers and wine are transubstantiated into the body and blood of Christ. Is this not magic? Is this not a magical ritual? If you believe that this does indeed take place, then truly it is powerful magic, no?

See, you were participating in magic all the time and you didn't even know it....
Likewise when you pray....as others have mentioned.

Other than holy rituals though, any others are looked upon as tapping into dark powers, and thus the Church would not approve of such practices.

As with any magic, the key is BELIEF....

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm completely objective because I'm an athiest that doesn't believe in magic/majic.

Its my understanding that Catholics and Magic don't mix.

If you are Catholic, then Magic is evil and a sin. If you are a Mage then Catholism is wrong. Then again 95% of the catholics I know say they are catholic but don't practice at all aside from sleeping in curch a couple times a month.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Sorry to everyone that I spelled Catholic wrong

And I never said I belive in everything the Catholic church says, I just belive in god

And I think the only reason the Catholic church said magic was evil is the same reson they make fun of pagens they want to convert them or stop them

Catholics feared magic and I wish to learn it not fireballs and stuff in fantasy storys (no matter how cool that is and i wish i could) but i want to learn real magic

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
elemtalsage - if you believe in God and his word being the Bible, then please note Leviticus 19:26 "...do not practice divination or sorcery." Now, I know what everyone is going to say about the old law, but please understand the reason why. This also conflicts with the New Testament as well where people are to still only worship one God and no other. Yes, tapping majic/magic means connecting with the source of the majic/magic which is to say - not God. I know I'm getting blasted for this one *zips up the fire-proof suit* but it needed to be said.

[edit on 14-10-2004 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yes I belive in god and *most* of the bible the only reson it isnt all of the bible is because people but their own opions in wrighting and last time a checked the bible wasnt a fax from god. but it does have quite a lot of very reasonable values.

another reson magic was banned in my opion is it was considered acting god that is why we are halting science now but thats should go on a differnt forum

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Just remember that a prayer is an invocation, calling upon spirits, "holy" or otherwise is sorcery, and calling upon the dead (whether someone named "Jesus" or a "saint", or anyone else) is necromancy.

To misrepresent these things is deceit. To condemn others for doing what one does oneself is hypocrisy.

These are some, but by no means all of the reasons I gave up trying to be a Christian after 25 years of Herculean effort. The ritual vampirism and cannibalism were a major turn-off too.

But if it works for you, great! Truly, if you can find peace and contentment in all that, then it can�t be all bad.

Once I gave up on the lies of the dogma -- which was conceived by men, not God -- I opened my mind to what Jesus was probably actually telling us: that we are all children of the Creator, none of us more important than the other, that we should love each other and ourselves, and that the wages of sin is death.

Most of the rest of what is misnamed �Christianity�, as best I can tell, is a product of Darkness.

Sorry if my tone sounds a bit strident, but you should know that a quarter of a century is a long time to waste trying to make sense of somebody else�s lies, and I think spending more than half my life deceived by them entitles me to the right to opine about it.

A message of Love comes from Light, and a message of Fear comes from Darkness. Remember that the next time someone posing as God condemns you to Hell for not sharing their beliefs.

But verily, verily I say unto thee: anyone who claims that practicing any form of Christianity does not involve the practice of magic is lying to you. Some very good people lied to me about it, and I love and forgive them for it, but nonetheless, they lied to me.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I know this sounds odd but whats with hell

why is it a place of suffering. Everyone down their is evil why arnt they like Hey your evil way to go. and shower each other with gifts its just an idea that poped into my head

also i know its on the wrong forum but we are talking about it here so i just posted

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by elemtalsage
Catholics feared magic and I wish to learn it not fireballs and stuff in fantasy storys (no matter how cool that is and i wish i could) but i want to learn real magic

what is your idea of "real magic" can you please elaborate?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
I'm completely objective because I'm an athiest that doesn't believe in magic/majic.

Why!? See, that's why I hate the word "magic" because people envision Bewitched" or "I Dream Of Jeanie" BS...all it is in reality is the manipulation of energies and directing it...it's neither good, nor bad....it just "is".... it is the user that directs it for positive or negative.....it is a science that modern scientists are re-discovering...
As to Catholics and Magic "don't mix"
The Catholic rituals are based on magick

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by elemtalsage
I know this sounds odd but whats with hell

why is it a place of suffering. Everyone down their is evil why arnt they like Hey your evil way to go. and shower each other with gifts its just an idea that poped into my head

also i know its on the wrong forum but we are talking about it here so i just posted

Actually dude most religious systems don't support that idea of hell. That is: a realm where the evil go for enternal damnation. That's not even a true christian idea originally. It was later devolpment from the orthodox church you can thank for that one. The hell-like concept for most religious/spiritual systems (including original Christianity) was akin to the idea of incarnation/reincarnation. This hell-like realm for some is of necessity for spiritual growth and they will eventually be reincarnated. So they can try again. Try again to let go of yourself and become observant of all...essentially. Some believe if you were to do this, that is, become enlightened(baptized), you would no longer be reincarnated. Which for some means you ascend to God (become God). Question is:

1)Hell is a learning realm for those not yet ready for ascension.

2)Hell is a realm where the evil go to burn in flames for all of eternity

Which one resonates with your soul? Pick one.

and last time I checked the bible wasnt a fax from god. but it does have quite a lot of very reasonable values.

Embrace this.

But verily, verily I say unto thee: anyone who claims that practicing any form of Christianity does not involve the practice of magic is lying to you. Some very good people lied to me about it, and I love and forgive them for it, but nonetheless, they lied to me.

Well said.

Why!? See, that's why I hate the word "magic" because people envision Bewitched" or "I Dream Of Jeanie" BS...all it is in reality is the manipulation of energies and directing it...it's neither good, nor bad....it just "is".... it is the user that directs it for positive or negative.....it is a science that modern scientists are re-discovering...

Again, well said. That's exactly how I feel. I also don't use the word magic.

You are completely athiest because you don't believe in objectively experiencing magic.

Yes, tapping majic/magic means connecting with the source of the majic/magic which is to say - not God.

What is the source of God? If you have identified what God is not the source of, then logically it's safe to assume you have an idea as to what God is the source of. Care to bless us with this holy wisdom?

[edit on 023131p://15u04 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
elemtalsage - if you believe in God and his word being the Bible, then please note Leviticus 19:26 "...do not practice divination or sorcery." Now, I know what everyone is going to say about the old law, but please understand the reason why. This also conflicts with the New Testament as well where people are to still only worship one God and no other.

"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire"

"For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence...But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth"

"He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied."

All I can say is that I believe one day through divination I will recieve this sorcery from God.

[edit on 023131p://15u12 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
elementalsage - don't take my word for it, ask God what he thinks. He'll answer one way or another.

Hi Lucid Lunacy. Just responding the best I can:

Lucid: What is the source of God? If you have identified what God is not the source of, then logically it's safe to assume you have an idea as to what God is the source of. Care to bless us with this holy wisdom?

The source of God is God by definition - omipotent and all. God is the source of good. The source of evil is the rejection of God.

I think we may have different definitions of what is and isn't sorcery. I agree that the worship of God is definately above the physical realm and would seem miraculous, but this isn't a doing by man's will. God is doing stuff and we're involved. Not us doing stuff to invoke or evoke God.

I've never claimed to be an expert, but I know who is so feel free to contact the source.

[edit on 15-10-2004 by saint4God]

[edit on 15-10-2004 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Quote: "Yes Magick is everywhere - Magick has always existed since the beginning of time or the universe created."

EXACTLY! Some would even argue that TECHNOLOGY is Magick!!!
Some would say that WILL POWER itself is Magick!!!

As a Catholic you are allowed to read the Bible no? So "WORK" with it!!!
I suggest that you look into the Quabbalistic Arts. Greek & Hebrew Letters are not just Letters - THEY ARE SYMBOLS! The Ancients didn't use Numbers - like we do today - they used the Letters of their ALPHABET (I.E. Alpha, Beta, Delta or Aleph, Beth, Daleth = A, B, C = 1, 2, 3) to represent Numerical Values. Get your favorite English Translation of the Bible - then try to find good Greek & Hebrew Originals & Work with the Data within - I think that you will be quite Surprised!

I know that back in the Dark Ages the Roman Catholic Church did not even Allow their members to Read the Bible (which is the Document that is the Very Foundation of the Faith) - perhaps this was the Very CAUSE of said Dark Age of IGNORANCE (They were Control Freak - Power Hungry Politician/Priests in Reality). It is now 2004 - such Ridiculous rules do not apply to those who are Intellectually Hungry & live in a FREE Country -> Thy Will Be Done!!!

[edit on 15-10-2004 by Seraphim_Serpente]

[edit on 17-10-2004 by Seraphim_Serpente]

[edit on 18-10-2004 by Seraphim_Serpente]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join