It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightening kills Imam + 12, wounds 20 outside mosque after Ramadan prayer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

lightening kills 13 outside mosque

[url=http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_BANGLADESH_LIGHTNING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-08-11-02-05-56]hosted.ap.org[/url ]

At least 13 devotees have been killed by lightning outside a mosque
in northeastern Bangladesh. Local police chief Bayes Ahmed says 20 other people were injured by
the lightning late Friday in Sylhet district. The victims were struck by
the lightning as they were exiting the mosque following special prayers
tied to the holy month of Ramadan. (AP)

One one of the dead is the imam who gave the sermon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 12-8-2012 by Bakatono because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2012 by Bakatono because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Well. That is odd. I know that there are those that will think it is a higher power making a point and those who will call it a coincidence. Either way. You have to admit. It is one hell of a coincidence. Especially since the imam was nailed as well. Odd also that the people were hit when the minurets are so much higher and should have attracted the blast.

[url=http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_BANGLADESH_LIGHTNING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-08-11-02-05-56]hosted.ap.org[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
see........... allah aint akbah

That`s just crazy , REALLY crazy .

Should have left their shoes on.
edit on 12-8-2012 by RockLobster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
SO.... "God" has SPOKEN.

He was NOT pleased apparently!!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

That's what you get when you anger Zeus with your false religions

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

That's what you get when you anger Zeus with your false religions

Hahaha. No kidding. Don't piss off the father of the gods.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Shut-up and Bow before Zeus! Or he with destroy your garden with lightning.....

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

When are we gonna outlaw lightning? Weather control anyone?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
U.S. Army did it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

maybe

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Amazing, will they retaliate for this? Or will they take it as a sign from Allah? They know that the Imam is in Heaven... I feel sorry for everybody present this must have been tragic and confusing.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Who would they retaliate against? Allah? The imam and his followers were struck by lightening just after leaving a mosque after giving a "special prayer".

I tell you what. If I was leaving he church or temple of my faith after givin a "special" prayer and as soon as I walked out the preacher an 22 others were smote by the all mighty I think I would have to reevaluate a lot of things I my life.

Starting with; WTF, guess I am never going to pray for THAT again!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
"God" has SPOKEN...

...and he is NOT PLEASED with them apparently.

[color=gold]Glory be to "God", say the religious, eh??

edit on 12-8-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: [color=gold]COLOR!!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
let's all laugh at dead people

Well done guys.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Well done guys.

Thanks. The irony of the circumstances cannot be ignored. I would have posted it if it were Christians or Jews or Buddhists. Death is sad but for 33 people to be blasted by lightening outside a religious building after giving "special" prayers is just too rich to pass up.

And I was serious above. If I had just left my church and this happened I would be doin some very serious self reflection. I mean, c'mon. If you believe in an all seeing and all powerful almighty and your congregation gets wasted by blasts of lightening after a sermon shouldnt that be construed as some kind of message?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
That sure is something to make one question their faith.

edit on 12-8-2012 by DjangoPhat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Fixed link

hosted.ap.org]Sour ce

Edit:

Kind of, dunno what's up with that

edit on 12/8/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bakatono

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Well done guys.

Thanks. The irony of the circumstances cannot be ignored. I would have posted it if it were Christians or Jews or Buddhists. Death is sad but for 33 people to be blasted by lightening outside a religious building after giving "special" prayers is just too rich to pass up.

And I was serious above. If I had just left my church and this happened I would be doin some very serious self reflection. I mean, c'mon. If you believe in an all seeing and all powerful almighty and your congregation gets wasted by blasts of lightening after a sermon shouldnt that be construed as some kind of message?

It's still sick to laugh at people who have JUST died (that's just my way, I guess I'm not normal?...). If these were your family or neighbours would you still be cracking jokes?

Anyway what does Islam have to do with being invincible? Thousands of people die from lightning strikes every year, so just because this time it's a bunch of muslims, somehow this is funny?

In Islam people know they can die any day at any time. You are human, just because you believe in god it doesn't mean your supposed to live a long life. Also some muslims could say they had an instant death and went straight to heaven. How ironic it is, is obviously up to perspective.

edit on 12-8-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Horribly tragic thing to happen, and to so many. Its the 12, of August: 08 12 2012, that is a lot of 21's or 777's. The lottery here was 25, which is 7. And I refused to buy a ticket but did when it turned 30, but then found out the other side of the sign, the other lotto was 40, so another 7.

There are 12 deaths. and 20 wounded, so 2 more sets of blackjack 21, to their dark lord. and I'm afraid I think hte lightening was pulled off by their technology and this was a ritual sacrifice.

Note I didn't check the date, but if it happened yesterday that date was 9/11's all over the place. This would have added the 21's.
edit on 12-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
nevermind
edit on 12-8-2012 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Is that line of thinking very Christian of you? Why can't this just be a tragedy? To suggest that its God taking his wrath out of these random Muslims rather than the ones out killing folks in His name is absurd. Does the almighty deal out his wrath to the nonbelievers at random? Is there a lottery?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join