It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Adults who refuse to grow up, Evolution is the Adult version for real magic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

The atom or whatever is seen (photo on monitor) is not as important as what sees.
The observer is key.
edit on 12-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The funny thing is, Big Bangers can't tell you how this tiny pinprick exploded and made the universe. If anyone knows much about blackholes, they do not explode and create a universe, and for all the matter in the universe to be crammed into this tiny little pinprick, it had to be a blackhole.
edit on 12-8-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
The funny thing is, Big Bangers can't tell you how this tiny pinprick exploded and made the universe. If anyone knows much about blackholes, they do not explode and create a universe, and for all the matter in the universe to be crammed into this tiny little pinprick, it had to be a blackhole.

It is you who is big banging.
You are presence, this moment, and you explode into time creating space to dream a world.

There is no world or universe. There is just presence and the rest is informed.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

No I dont think we need divisiveness' either, what we need is a little tolerance

Tolerance is the issue that created this thread. You're talking about MagnumOpus' constant troll posts about christianity that should be deleted because they're garbage created to ridicule people. The only conspiracy site you go to where christians are under constant attack is ATS. This is violation of the T and C but mods don't give a damn.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
If you wear a flag or badge you will be attacked, if you are saying 'i am in this club' and you will be clubbed.

Only when you find you are nothing, only when you can honestly declare that you know you are nothing will you be free from all attack.

It is the labels that divide that which is whole.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
If you wear a flag or badge you will be attacked, if you are saying 'i am in this club' and you will be clubbed.

Only when you find you are nothing, only when you can honestly declare that you know you are nothing will you be free from all attack.

It is the labels that divide that which is whole.

Nihilists catch flak as much as anyone else, man.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

'Nihilist' is a badge, a label.

Do not claim to be any thing.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

You can still be labeled when you do not claim to be anything. I say be whatever you want to be. It's absurd to think that if you do not label yourself you'll remove negativity from your life.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I mean, it's pretty clear from your posts that you're a New Age hippy.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

You can still be labeled when you do not claim to be anything. I say be whatever you want to be. It's absurd to think that if you do not label yourself you'll remove negativity from your life.

You will not be lying that is all. Only the truth shall set you free.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

I mean, it's pretty clear from your posts that you're a New Age hippy.

You can label me all you like. Your labels define you not me.
I am not a thing.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Black holes have so much drag (gravity) that at this point our heads are spinning literally, trying to grasp this concept.
The universe is marvelous and i cringe when people try to act like god and know whats the best for us as a collective. It never ends well

ps: god bless you brother. i have seen your comments and you have the heart of a lion. never doubt it.
edit on 12-8-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Basically, evolution does not exclude the existance of God.

But you must understand, that religion as we know is not about God. It's about your own need for a father figure, and the need of society to have you comply to common rules. That is what religion is about, irrelevant what religion it is ... no religion, whatsoever ... wether it's buddism, christianity, islam or judaism, is even close to being right. All of these religions, are centered on having you comply to rules ... rules, made by men and not God.

If there is a God, or creation, then we can pretty much conclude that this God. This mind, is so vast, so enormous ... that we have no possibility whatsoever of fathoming it. Imagine a cell on your own brain ... we, human beings, are less than a single grey cell in Gods mind. This solar system of ours, would perhaps count for a single grey cell, in his mind ... we, you and me ... are nothing. And whatever notion you have, of being like God ... is a selfish, egoistic notion ... a dream of self importance. It's not realistic.

That pretty much sums it up ...

Someone made the "watch" anology here, and said that if you find a watch ... you can conclude somebody made it. Well, that someone really doesn't have a clue.

The universe is made of galaxies ... in each galaxy there are solarsystems, and within each there is a star, surrounded by planets. The planets, are small like mercury ... to venus, and earth ... and followed in size, by gas planets like Jupiter. After jupiter, there are brown dwarfs ... In short, they go from small stars, to enormous giants stars.

Stars and planets

The watch anology, applies here ... what you are seeing, is a small baby, a larger baby and a full grown adult. And you must conclude, that one leads to the other. That isn't the way we work ... we see this, and we conclude that one is a dwarf elephant, the middle is an elephant, and the biggest is a giant elephant. To be able to see, that one is a baby elephant ... we must watch, one grow to the other.

Since we, the human being, is a lifeform that grows from childhood to adulthood. We really don't need to watch the process ... we can skip through time, and make the observation that what applies to us ... applies elsewhere. We can make the concluson, that we are merely a miniscule figure on the scale of the universe. Thus, we know we ourselves evolve from a child to an adult ... so must we conclude that an elephant does as well. Thus, evolution is self-evident. Thus, we must apply this observation, to all forms where we see a baby version of an adult ...

We already know, that stars will evolve from one to the other ... and we pretty much suspect, that it's a process that also includes planets. THe unknown is, our earth ... which is pretty unique in the known universe. And the question is, where in the point of planetary and stellar evolution, are we.

The same applies to life itself, and evolution ... you take a fetus, in a womb. You will see that a child takes the form of a fish, and a pig, before evolving into a human form. You will notice, that a fish only is a fish, and the pig, will have the fish part, and into the piglett part.

You see this, and you must conclude that there is an evolution from one to the other ... and understand, that we, the human being, are at the top of this evolutionary stairway of mammal life.

This is the "true" watch anology ... anyone telling you, that you see the Universe, and must conclude somebody made it. You must question wether that person isn't a person who has a psychotic superiority complex. Thinking of himself as a God, and the rest of us as his "children" ... that's hardly a normal standpoint, by any standard. Now, is it. Reason is, that we have no idea what God made ... if he made it. Do you talk to one of you own brain cells? No? You think you are such an important electron in the universe, that God talks to you alone? Hardly now ... that doesn't sound logical, does it ... whatever God made, is not what we see now ... in reality, the Universe as we experience it, may be a mere portion of anything ... and yet, it still may be nothing. If we go back to the Big Bang anology ... this Universe we live, cannot be bigger than the Universe before the Bang. It pretty much means, we don't have a clue of what it is ... and we can't say God made it ...because even if we watch a lot of movies about, talking to God ... thinking you can, is really beyond absurdity ...

Therefore, evolution is the "sane" point of view ... it's not merely what we observe, it's what we experience as well. Growing from a child, to an adult. And we must measure all things, from the scale of our known universe ... not from an imaginary universe of magical beings.

edit on 12/8/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/8/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You're talking about MagnumOpus' constant troll posts about christianity that should be deleted because they're garbage created to ridicule people.

You should at least link the thread to which you are referring. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll go one further and link MO's profile, and all the wonderfully informative threads he has made about alternative religious history, and the source of the Hebrew God and Moses supposed magic and the knowledge of the Essenes and the Mason. www.abovetopsecret.com...

These threads are just a valid, interesting and important as all your threads, preaching against other's beliefs, condemning Catholicism, Islam etc.

GO MAGNUM OPUS! Imitation is the highest form of flattery!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Let me try and argue this, from a different perspective.

To the religious, God made me. God made us all ... and I say, No he didn't My poppa, humped my momma and out came a sperm that invaded my mommas tummy, and grew and grew and grew, into a ball, then it grew into a fish, then a small piggie and eventually to a baby. 9 months later, I popped out.

No stork came flying, bringing me along ... I grawled out of my mommas crutch, and she and dad made a hell of a mess in bed.

That doesn't exclude, that some billions and trillions of years ago, some giant mind blinked and made a virus, that later resulted in life.

So, saying literally God made me is wrong ... but alternatively saying that some magical being created everything that resulted in me, may well be correct.

However, I doubt that Gods intention was to create the Universe, just so that it resulted in me being born ... no, I'm pretty sure that I'm just a lucky sperm. Because, after I am born ... I'll die too ... just like everyone else, so, I don't really count.

So, God didn't make me ... and whatever I perspire to be, I'll have to work on my own. And given, that I am merely a small electron in the Universe that God created. Even if God loved me, he'd hardly move his fingers around just to aid me alone ... because his gigantic fingers, would probably make a big mess of things for a lot of electrons, and a lot of molecules ... just to move me along.

So, anyone thinking Gods gonna make a mess of the Universe just to move a few molecules ... is really not being very smart.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

You are God and you create what is seen. You see a person that you 'think' is you but the 'you' you 'think' you are is no more than a thought apearing presently.
You are the observer and what is seen is the observered. There is nothing else going on, that is it.

You shine the light in the void and pictures appear and you see the pictures. This though would be boring if you always knew it was just you doing it, where is the fun in that??
God plays hide and seek.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Where did the infinitely dense point come from? If the universe tells us one thing it is that nothing never exists. There is always "something." Our finite minds may not be able to grasp it, and we struggle to label it, but there is always "something."

Quantum mechanics starts to make dreams, and fairy tales seem plausible. A jewish cosmoligist calculated the age of the universe from the frame of reference of an observer at the epicenter of the big bang. Guess how old the universe is from that perspective? A little less than 7 days old. Due to time dilation caused by the mind blowing rate at which the universe is expanding, and the fact that time, and space are the same thing.

I think ancient man was far more enlightened, and intelligent than we are, and that they attempted to pass their knowlegde on in a fashion that would be carried on. Perhaps knowing we would someday be as dumb as we are today. Our feeble over indulged minds put false labels on this old information, and religions are born to control the even stupider. That is why religion is so powerful it is based on ancient truth that is verified time, and again by science when we get it right. It doesn't mean religion is true all the time. It means the older religions were based on information that was true. The best lies are always 98% true.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

It also doesnt state that all the elements were magically created. Thats why it took billions of years for solar systems and stars to form and collapse and create more and more life building elements. Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I look at my hand I see atoms. I look at the computer ... more atoms. I look at air. Again more atoms...
The observer is key. I can do this too you know.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

These threads are just a valid, interesting and important as all your threads, preaching against other's beliefs, condemning Catholicism, Islam etc

There's only one God sugarpuss, and his name isn't Dagon, Saturn, Sol Invictus or Allah.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join