It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spider lives in womans ear for 5 days!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
My worst nightmare...............

A woman in China who arrived at hospital with an itchy ear has stunned doctors who found a spider living inside it. The spider is believed to have crawled into the ear canal of the woman, known only as Ms Lee, as she slept five days earlier, Chinese news website RedNet reports. Doctors at the Changsha Central Hospital in Hunan decided against using extracting equipment to remove the spider from Ms Lee's ear because they were worried the barbs on its legs would dig into her skin. Instead they managed to force the arachnid out with a saline solution. Ms Lee was reportedly so relieved to be rid of the spider that she almost cried. University of Florida entomology professor Philip Koehler told the Huffington Post insects crawling into human ears was not just an urban myth and they occasionally did so for shelter. "The insects are probably entering the canal as harborage, for heat, and/or for moisture," he said. Sources: RedNet News, Huffington Post

link...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Ewwwwww, why did you have to go and post this story? And why oh why did I feel compelled to click on the link and read about it. I am scarred for life.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Ewwwwww, why did you have to go and post this story? And why oh why did I feel compelled to click on the link and read about it. I am scarred for life.

Sorry......my bad

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
High octane nightmare fuel. I saw this the other day, clicked the link, shrieked like a school girl and ran away from the computer. Is icky.

link   
it woulnt have been so bad to see, if the spider didnt look like a monster. I dont think ive really ever seen a spider that looked that creepy.

link   
And now i will definitely be using ear plugs tonight.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I wasn't even scared of spiders...until Now!!!

Should I plug my ears w/ Toilet Paper or cotton balls???

ewww..just, yuck... ewwwww!!!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
And now i will definitely be using ear plugs tonight.

Seriously!!!

I'm trying to decide on cotton balls or tp?????

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Looks like some form of cute little jumping spider.

I love spiders, it is not really common for them to invade the body in such a way, but when they have a perfect little warm cave it is likely they are not leaving easily.

What a cool little spider, glad to hear (pun not intended) the woman is okay.

Raist

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

I wasn't even scared of spiders...until Now!!! Should I plug my ears w/ Toilet Paper or cotton balls??? ewww..just, yuck... ewwwww!!!!!

Don't worry - you'll be fine...............they are more likely to crawl into your mouth than your ear

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
That was disturbing. I have two questions: What kind of spider is that? Did they kill it with fire?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

I wasn't even scared of spiders...until Now!!! Should I plug my ears w/ Toilet Paper or cotton balls??? ewww..just, yuck... ewwwww!!!!!

Don't worry - you'll be fine...............they are more likely to crawl into your mouth than your ear

Well, jeez.... what if I drool in my sleep???

Mouth all open....drool and all???

What then?

What then?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
us country boys know spiders have rights, tooo!!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreamer99

It's shape, eyes, and stance seem to point to some sort of jumping spider. These are really cool little spiders sort of like the cats of the spider world in my opinion. Jumping spiders are some of the coolest spiders there are.

As for if they killed it I really hope they did not, the article does not seem to point to the spider being killed or not though. I really hope they let it lose myself.

Raist

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
A few jumping spider photos.

I am fairly certain the spider in the article is a jumping spider.

Raist

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I love spiders and never ever kill one, even at my girl friend's urging. I will usually allow jumping spiders to crawl on me as I take them outside.

Have a black widow tat on my hand, too.

Having said that... This pic gave me the willies.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

Could be worse...imagine if a spider crawled in ur nose and chilled out deep inside ur nasal cavity? And then laid eggs?

edit on 10-8-2012 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I really really hope they didn't kill it I love spiders especially jumping spiders. That is such a creepy story and it sorta freaked me out a bit and I can say I don't like them that much to live in my ear .....
Somewhere I read you swallow while sleeping around 4 spiders a year

and spiders drink moisture from the mouths or lips while sleeping.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Oh my goodness, that is so creepy! I had a bug try to crawl in my ear once while sleeping, worst experience ever! I woke up feeling something crawling on the side of my face and it headed right into my ear. I never jumped out of bed so fast in my life, scared the heck out of my bf too. Haha

Couldn't sleep right for weeks afterwards...glad the woman is ok!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

This spider apparently had a bet with his partner......I bet you can't jump from here and land in that hole over there!!!

The spider who jumped, actually won the bet.....Which was a bath in saline solution and internet stardom!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join