It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Binquirer, July 30 Edition: Anaheim, CA, under martial law; Is Disney to blame?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

The Binquirer, July 30 Edition: Anaheim, CA, under martial law; Is Disney to blame?

www.comicbookbin.com

The riots were eventually quelled, and a mother of one of the men shot to death by police called for an end to the violence. Peaceful protests around the city's police headquarters proceeded, but when a picket line along Harbor Blvd got too close to Disneyland, something unprecedented and unnerving happened: a paramilitary police force, stripped of names and badge numbers, wearing urban-camouflage utilities, and outfitted with a combat load and assault rifles, emerged to blockade the world-famous theme park.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
So, I'm sitting on facebook and my friend send me a message saying Anaheim, Ca was under Martial law back on July 30th. I knew there was an uprising when APD went on an rampage against the citizens and then riots were on.

Now, I'm just now hearing about this story and the media has roll this one right under the bus. I live in California and have family in that area and I should have heard something when this all took place but, nope nada!

When the protesters got too close to Disneyland, the paramilitary police force emerged out of nowhere, wearing patches identifying themselves as the "Police".

Are they National Guard, local police or American Police Force?

And if this APF, isn't there company located somewhere in Santa Ana, Ca?

No one knows for sure but, for some of us who is itching and dying to see martial law taking place, well this will brighten someone's day.

This is news for me so if this was already posted, then kick it to the sidelines boys.

www.comicbookbin.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-8-2012 by sylent6 because: spell check errors

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Great post Sy

The irony of Disneyland going under martial law first in the nation is to much.

SnF
edit on 2-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks. Yeah really, I know APD as their own riot police but now I'm starting to think this is alittle overboard.

I'm really stratching my head on this one, really Disneyland, putting on a show for who??

So I wonder who called in the orders here?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
ROFL..... Oh, that's too funny. I always wondered what would happen if Disney lost confidence in APD and how much further they had capability to go themselves. Now we know!

I think people would be shocked..even some who live here, how much Disney owns beyond the obvious fence lines of the compound there. (I guess that really is a compound now for it's size and multi-parts). So much Disney can kinda ---sorta----half way---in a way only Disney can manage (They own that city..shhh.) call private property. Private property lets them call in private *ahem* Security *ahem*..... What are those dark waterish type folks calling themselves these days? Short plane ride gets ya anywhere on Earth and quick too!

It'll be the Happiest Place on Earth if it kills ya ...so the message to any protesters would seem to be.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Interesting, but why is it called martial Law? I mean holding off a situation from flowing into an International treasure like Disneyland just makes sense. I love Disney and took my Family not long ago, had the riots been going on then I would have felt the police took appropriate action in this instance to keep tourists safe and tourism blind to what was happening only a few blocks away from the magic kingdom.

As for the special police force, that is curious. I suppose that as long as they cannot be identified they cannot be held individually responsible. They work as one and anonymous.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

News sources like the L.A. Times simply report that riot police formed the blockade, but that's incredibly misleading, and the reports say nothing about the paramilitary forces patrolling the city streets of Anaheim itself en masse. User-generated communiques on social networks and videos and photos uploaded to sites like YouTube depict heavily armored black vehicles, with paramilitary troops riding on outboard foot-rails, patrolling civilian communities, making arrests, and blockading public roads.

I'm reading this on it and thinking the world has seen it before. They're called Private Military Contractors and wearing different camo when normally thought about. ...coupled with names and numbers stripped. I seem to recall a law in California about that. There are limits to what they'll play with.. Even Occupy rarely saw them obscure tapes and roving patrols like that? I only SAW once living there or since. The final day of the L.A. riots had jump out squads working that way....but not with that kind of force.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
So are these national guard troops incognito or Disney's own private guards or both??Im confused.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hold on trying to pull another image..
edit on 2-8-2012 by sylent6 because: trying to post an image

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
So are these national guard troops incognito or Disney's own private guards or both??Im confused.

Yeah, I'm scratching my head with this one too.
National Guards or Disney beefed up security?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Ok, here's a link of a close-up of this guy uniform. Who can identify the patch. I work in high risk security and recovery...I should know this but i don't.

cognitivedissonance.tumblr.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Ive currently taken in a friend from Anaheim as he doesn't want to bother with it.

You can see a bit why hes over here in a thread I made.

Tragedy hits home

Disney is a big culprit behind the actions of Anaheim PD.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Paint ball gun and a riot baton

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
(yoda voice) A Mystery we have here. People we know not.

Can anyone get better views or a closer look to that patch? Could it be this or a variation?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

To my eyes it looks like an eagle landing on somthing, or maybe some other bird of prey maybe. To obscure to be sure. Looking for an image match right now.

I don't recognize the patch from my military experience either.

Lol damnit rabbit, your fast on that stuff star for you, you diligent seeker of obscure info you.
edit on 2-8-2012 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

The eagle is wrong, yours has wings to close together, the one in the pic has wings more outstretched.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by sylent6

To my eyes it looks like an eagle landing on somthing, or maybe some other bird of prey maybe. To obscure to be sure. Looking for an image match right now.

I don't recognize the patch from my military experience either.

Lol damnit rabbit, your fast on that stuff star for you, you diligent seeker of obscure info you.

The eagle is wrong, yours has wings to close together, the one in the pic has wings more outstretched.

Here is a link to the california guard patch nothing alike. www.usamilitarymedals.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I'm curious. It seems no major source has verified this. Comicbookbin? Perhaps I have a different idea of what martial law is, but at least it requires a declaration made by the appropriate officials. Haven't seen anything about what should have been a huge story.

Maybe people are saying that a lot of police and guardsmen equals martial law. That seems to be stretching the definition.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I personally take Benryl's word for background on this. I hadn't seen his other thread until now and I had quite a different idea of what had happened out there. I feel sorry now for the yoda crack where it makes light of anything. Wow... Yeah, this response is starting to make sense. They had deeply deeply pissed people and ...quite possibly.. VERY rightfully so. People do damned odd things when they know they are 100% right. I'm seeing this differently alright.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Good for you sir, I am glad to see charity and good hearted acts during a time of strife and difficulty like these. It does my heart much service to know there are good people ding good works, kinda gives me hope in humanity.

Now if the rest of us would get our heads screwed on right, and get our hearts in the right place..........my lord the possibilties could be endless.

Damn man, I just read your thread, I am literely sitting here with tears in my eyes. I don't know you, or your friends family. I.... am just speechless...... I too grew up in the burbs, and know the police as "the good guys" I just don't have the words man........I am sorry for your people, may the lord rest them and give solace to their loved ones, if their may be any to be found.

Just, damn....

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

He was at the protest, that nearly turned into riots, he was buy the star bucks that the police claimed rioters broke windows in.

It was the cops shooting out the windows with bean bags, they gave no warning before they started marching on them with paintball guns (pepper pellets) and rubber bullets.

He was actually hit in the shin.

He says a big problem is people coming from other cities to start stuff, So I guess if citizens are coming from other places it makes sense they called in cops from surrounding areas.

Its ridiculous over there right now.

<<   2 >>

join