It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas Day Unknown Man Photo(updated version)

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Well I have just about exausted my self trying to find any info
concerning your area be it murder/hanging/suicide..... there are sites
that will give this info up for a sum of money which is crazy.
I tried to search the free records of your town and didn't get anywhere either.
One more question do you live near that cemetery?
Your town has alot of history concerning railways this could be another
route.
Anyway have a good vaca I am sure we all will still be here while your
gone. Do you know if the area forest that they stripped to build your area
had a name? If so post it before you leave it could be helpful.
Have fun!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Thanks again... im at the doc for physical therapy so my replies will be inconsistent.
The toy i know is a couple of years old, but i dont know how anything would be attached to it?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

Ill try to find that out, ive never heard the name of the forest. I just dont know if it has to do with my land

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

Ill try to find that out, ive never heard the name of the forest. I just dont know if it has to do with my land

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Ill try to the old coat of arms on here before i go on vacation. Im at the docs right now. Although i will be on vacatiom i can still upload pictures on here that are already on my computer.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Originally posted by TRiPWiRE
I've often wondered, why do all ghosts wear clothes? Does your whole wardrobe follow you as ghostly items into the afterlife once you die? Do clothes have a "spirit"?

I'm not trying to be facetious here but I do struggle with this concept!

Absolutely. Like is there a ghost clothing store "over there"? I have seen several ghosts and each was clothed. One girl was in period dress with billowy sleeves and lots of lace and big bell at bottom. Another guy had red vest a top hat and cane. His shoes were the weirdest because they were long and pointy with lots of eyeholes for laces. They looked well worn leather but the kind that last forever. They also had no soles on the bottom like we do today.

The last one I saw at Winchester mystery house (outside the fence at night) was wearing white coveralls and carrying a tool box of the old kind: wooden "tray" with long handle.

All these I thought were real people until later I found out they were "regulars" at each of their "abodes". So tell me true. How come they appear dressed? I got ideas about it but just recanting what I saw is too weird anyway.

Maybe they are "showing us" the way they appeared in life so we are more comfortable with that. The old man I saw in the red vest was seated in an empty chair in a room with several people all sitting in a semicircle. I was the only one who saw him. Spitting image of a person dressed like from a 100 years ago. As real as flesh and blood. And very disturbing.

When my mother saw her dead step-father, she said he was wearing khaki pants and a light blue shirt - something he would have worn on a daily basis when alive. He was NOT buried in khaki pants though. He was buried in black dress slacks. It's a mystery to me...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Maybe your allowed to pick what you want when you die :lolb

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

I for one ..

REALLY want to know what it was you saw~!

U2U me or start a thread, I've love to hear about it

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pressthebutton
reply to post by elevenaugust

As much as I hate this, my mother cropped and deleted the original, but there was nothing special about it, mainly just a little but more of my nephew I can assure you. She didn't take anything away from the picture that would be important because the man was so important to her.

Well, any photo work (enhancements, improvements, etc...) is far from better in a 4608 x 3456 resolution format than in a (poor...) 922 x 691.

Also, the very first step in any photo analysis is to check (whether the OP sounds sincere or not) for the authenticity photo. It's an usual process and don't have to be take as an offense. Plus, if nothing suspicious is found, it add credit to your testimony as well....
However, without the original, any further work impossible and useless!

Maybe you're also aware as well that there are some free softwares (such as Recuva) that allow you to recover any file, provided that the deletion haven't occurred not to far away in time.

What about to try it on the concerned computer?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Will do, can i recover something from 6 or so months ago?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

I for one ..

REALLY want to know what it was you saw~!

U2U me or start a thread, I've love to hear about it

Same here!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Wow- now that is creepy........

2nd (sorry, Im pretty speechless after that!)

Oh, yeah, PrinceDreamer- also would like to know what you saw!
edit on 25-7-2012 by Thunda because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

Thank you so much for that. I want to reply in depth to your thoughts but will confine my comments to the OP's topic.

A camera has no sixth sense. It's a tool that measures light. Period. For the image to register, then there had to be real light being reflected and deflected by real objects.

I don't have the answer as to who this was. But I think there might have been a forgotten person who just dropped by for some insignificant reason? There's got to be an answer here. But paranormal doesn't sit right for me with this particular image.

I too have trouble with this image. It looks "too real" for a photo. That kind of solid image is difficult to believe because it is so rare. And you are right. A camera (in this case a ccd imaging chip) only registers light.

Just like our eyes? The rods and cones fire on photons and the brain "processes" that image. If we "see" ghosts in our minds eye, then that means they are not really there in physical space but only "in our heads".

Surely there is manipulation of a sorts for multiple witnesses to see the "same thing". Surely that is a mystery how the mind can be "hacked" as it were, into thinking we are witnessing something that isn't really there. I don't know which is easier for them (spirits) to do... hack the computer in the camera or the one in our minds made of flesh and blood? Both use electrical impulses.

Still, It would seem to me that that any manipulation of the "real world" from "over there" is a chore that requires energy so the decision to manifest would have to take into account how much energy is required. And the least amount would surely be the circuits in a camera (or our mind). The "path of least resistance" if you will.

Moving the pots in the cupboard would involve a ton more energy? Dunno...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I agree with you, and the whole reason i bothered putting this on ATS was because it was so strange! Cameras have to pick up something, look at how many cameras capture things unexplained. Im at point now where ive done all i can, except getting the uncropped picture which im trying to do! At the same time, what would you consider as a good picture of the unknown? Too blurry and its fake, too clear and its fake.
Thanks for contributing
Also, i put the lids picture on very well knowing i cant really prove it, but members asked for me to upload it. I can promise you it did occur!
edit on 25-7-2012 by Pressthebutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

When my mother saw her dead step-father, she said he was wearing khaki pants and a light blue shirt - something he would have worn on a daily basis when alive. He was NOT buried in khaki pants though. He was buried in black dress slacks. It's a mystery to me...

Thanks for sharing that. Maybe he "presented" himself to her the way she would feel most comfortable? Later in her mind she is struggling with the experience but keeps concluding that, "It had to be him, he was wearing his favorite outfit".

"Here I am, all is well. See ya..."

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Will do, can i recover something from 6 or so months ago?

Six months could be a bit too late, especially if the computer is widely used. It worth a try anyway, just select the box "pictures" under "file type" then select your file location ("I'm not sure" is the best choice if you're not sure how the file could be) and checked "enable deep scan", then start.
It could take two, three or more hours, depends of your hard drive size....

Just be patient!
edit on 25-7-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

reply to post by intrptr

I agree with you, and the whole reason i bothered putting this on ATS was because it was so strange! Cameras have to pick up something, look at how many cameras capture things unexplained. Im at point now where ive done all i can, except getting the uncropped picture which im trying to do! At the same time, what would you consider as a good picture of the unknown? Too blurry and its fake, too clear and its fake.
Thanks for contributing
Also, i put the lids picture on very well knowing i cant really prove it, but members asked for me to upload it. I can promise you it did occur!

Your doing fine dude. Submitting to ATS scrutiny takes cojones. You still need to provide eleven august with your original. He is lending you his valued time...

To answer your question about "proper" picture? There is never going to be enough evidence to convince a skeptic.

Investigation of the paranormal is just that. To come to a conclusion based not on any one thing, but adding up all the evidence in order to make a determination.

Waiting on you...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Thanks for sharing that. Maybe he "presented" himself to her the way she would feel most comfortable? Later in her mind she is struggling with the experience but keeps concluding that, "It had to be him, he was wearing his favorite outfit".

"Here I am, all is well. See ya..."

Yes - it was during my grandmother's (his wife's) 90th birthday party. All the family was there. I think he just wanted to be a part of the celebration!

My mom didn't tell everyone at the party that she had seen him. She ran to a room in another part of the house - my aunt and I followed her because she seemed upset. She told us about it privately. We went back to the party a few minutes later, and my grandmother started talking about how she knew my step-grandfather would have liked to have been there - that he considered us all his family. Just weird that she started talking about that at that particular moment, not knowing anything about what my mom saw a few minutes earlier. Probably just a coincidence, but weird nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The only reason there is a delay is my mom has the laptop and she is working on it frantically trying to finish her job before we leave for vacation. I'm trying to get my laptop to work but with no avail. I'm trying my hardest guys. It's bad circumstances. When I get down to Florida this afternoon/evening eastern time, I'll be on that site trying to bring back the lost original. Please have faith!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Pressthebutton

I have a picture of my old coat of arms, but I can't upload it since I'm not in control of the laptop. Just my iPad. I can email it to a member, who can then upload it if anyone wants to do that
edit on 25-7-2012 by Pressthebutton because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join