It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colonization vs. Entitlement

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Do you feel entitled to the earth? I realize that ATS is largely against any form of entitlement, but what if we all were told that we were not entitled to our own planet? How would you feel about that?

What if, a more advanced civilization came, and took it? What if we were colonized by a superior species, and forced to leave our planet for one that they claimed was, more in line with what they have decided we deserve? Forced to assimilate into their society, to play by their rules. Expected to make it in a place that we didn’t understand. Subjugated to their empire, as mere peasants.

They would be smarter, harder working, and better than us in every way. We would not be able to compete in their society, and would be doomed to live out the rest of our species existence at the very bottom of the economic ladder.

We would however be entitled to breath, to eat, and to have a shelter. I want you to imagine the most disagreeable food and shelter you can think of though. You are not entitled to ANYTHING more, then that.
Which is pretty darned generous, is it not?

What do you think? How do you like your new world?

I realize this thread could have varying directions including religious and political topics, but it’s a thread about colonization and very feasible consequences related to it. I believe a movie was made that follows this idea.

Examine the idea of a true to live colonization, with political, religious, and conspiracy theory as your basis.
edit on 23-7-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
i know that if another species imposes this on us we would resist. we would fight them until we die or they go away.
we are way too greedy to have it any other way.
if i lived in this other world i'd most likely be very unhappy until i blow something up..so i wouldn't recommend inviting me to this new world.
edit on 23/7/2012 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

Are you sure about that? The model for colonization I've presented has been the method of many colonizations on Earth. The colonization of the Americas, the colonization of South Africa, to name a few. Some faught and died, and some went along with it.

Ah so you would take the terrorist approach? That begs another question, how would you and other humans feel about being called the enemy of another society?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

What if we were colonized by a superior species, and forced to leave our planet for one that they claimed was, more in line with what they have decided we deserve? Forced to assimilate into their society, to play by their rules. Expected to make it in a place that we didn’t understand. Subjugated to their empire, as mere peasants.

They would be smarter, harder working, and better than us in every way.

First of all, in whose reckoning is this species superior or smarter or harder working or better than any of the rest of us? Don't they have to first convince us that they are all of these things before we agree to play by their rules?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
Do you feel entitled to the earth? I realize that ATS is largely against any form of entitlement, but what if we all were told that we were not entitled to our own planet? How would you feel about that?

Firstly, you do not "own" the Earth to begin with. You reside on it, just like multitudes of other life forms. How could just one claim it as their own property, and in fact, claim all things living and unliving on and in it, their own property?

Its a ludicrous, infantile idea.

Ownership and "property" is illusionary anyway.

Originally posted by EvolutionsendWhat if, a more advanced civilization came, and took it? What if we were colonized by a superior species, and forced to leave our planet for one that they claimed was, more in line with what they have decided we deserve? Forced to assimilate into their society, to play by their rules. Expected to make it in a place that we didn’t understand. Subjugated to their empire, as mere peasants.

Sounds like what humanity has been doing to each other throughout the ages; a conquesting, aggressive nation invades another land, claims it as there own, and displaces the entire populace of indigenous peoples.

Perhaps read up on some Native Americans and how they felt about losing the land they lived on and being subjugated to an expanding empire.

Originally posted by EvolutionsendThey would be smarter, harder working, and better than us in every way. We would not be able to compete in their society, and would be doomed to live out the rest of our species existence at the very bottom of the economic ladder.

We would however be entitled to breath, to eat, and to have a shelter. I want you to imagine the most disagreeable food and shelter you can think of though. You are not entitled to ANYTHING more, then that.
Which is pretty darned generous, is it not?

What do you think? How do you like your new world?

No one would "like" it. But since the vast majority of people support doing the above to others, as long its of direct benefit to themselves, then not many could really justify complaining if it happened to them without being hypocrites... but then again that rarely ever stops a person from complaining as it is.

Since we are talking about different species, look at what humanity does to cows. They are less than slaves; they are just a resource and nothing more. The vast majority of humanity sees itself as having the RIGHT to treat other creatures as such, and feel ENTITLED to their flesh. Look up the atrocious things that happen in the "meat industry". What youre describing would be exceedingly merciful compared to what humanity already does to species it considers "less than" itself, and hell, even large quantities of members of its own species.

link   

So......

Do these superior beings all look like your avatar??

'Cuz, I mean , ..... Damn.

Might be OK just for the eye candy!!

Just sayin....

link   
reply to post by frazzle

They do not. Like th elite of our world, they do not have to convince us of a damn thing. They are in the position of power, and we are the "have nots". This is NOT optional, just like our current society.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a terrorist to the aliens, a freedom fighter to us humans.
i think myself and other humans wouldnt care what they called because they'll know what we are doing is right.
even if it's too late and there is no hope for victory, humans will still fight.

colonization of other peoples lands has often been bloody and i'm sure an advanced alien species will know this, if not then maybe we'll have an advantage.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
One thing I hate about people is the sheer arrogance and ignorance, entitled? We do not own this planet and are nothing more than just another species who live on it.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
i know that if another species imposes this on us we would resist. we would fight them until we die or they go away.
we are way too greedy to have it any other way.
if i lived in this other world i'd most likely be very unhappy until i blow something up..so i wouldn't recommend inviting me to this new world.

Interesting supposition: what if this species was so advanced in every way, that when they came no would even notice? What if their ways of conquest were so far beyond of what the normal person could conceive of, that 99.9% of the populace remained oblivious from birth to death, and believed they were "free"?

Does a cow realize it is nothing but an "industry" to another species? Do some, but when they try to tell the other cows, they are seen as lunatics and shunned?

Perhaps this seemingly hypothetical question of whether humanity will be conquered isnt so hypothetical at all; perhaps its just that like the cow to the human, the human to the ET is so lacking, that it cannot see what has already been done.

The slave easiest to control and who will never rebel is the one who thinks itself free.
edit on 7/23/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I understand where you are coming from with the comments of arrogance and such, but think about this. Maybe the fact that we haven't been colonized suggests that God is looking out for us more than we realize? Perhaps we are entitled to the Earth in God's eyes?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I understand where you are coming from with the comments of arrogance and such, but think about this. Maybe the fact that we haven't been colonized suggests that God is looking out for us more than we realize? Perhaps we are entitled to the Earth in God's eyes?

There is no god mate, wake up.

How do you know we haven't been colonized already? Additionally, no alien life form would need to, all the stuff on this planet is readily available everywhere in the universe.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

I see where you are going with that.

I think it's another interesting idea for a scenario or perhaps the new colonization method here on Earth? It's perfectly logical to assume that invading ETs may have more advanced methods to ease the colonization process.

To take it even further, what if the species being colonized were being genetically manipulated over generations?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

interesting, the aliens could be so advanced that we can't comprehend their actions but we are definitly a long way from cows. we are a race of increasing inteligence and understanding. if we didn't know these aliens now, we soon will.
although all our knowledge and understanding could mean nothing if these aliens have a memory eraser from MIB.
but i will always beleive that the best action for us to take is full resistance.

the only way they could do it with our knowledge of them and maintain low resistance is if they offered something incredible to all humans such as an end to poverty, cures for cancers, etc.
kinda like this episode of stargate. sg1 where an advanced race gave humans longer life and many cures but also lowered the birth rate to near 0.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

It could be any number of things, but that could be one of them. IMO an conquesting alien species would not want human genetics: I see nothing special about them. But I could imagine a species so advanced, that could within several generations completely replace one set of genetics/DNA/whathaveyou, with a totally different set, essentially transforming an entire species.

Quite possible.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Denying the existance of God shows a lack of observation imo. With seemingly just consequences coming in the form of random events in a persons life. Perhaps it's the power of suggestion, but this world has too much consistency to be without God, imo.

That was a point made above.

I find it interesting that our politicians engage in odd and secrative activities. They seem to be getting more and more disgusted. Perhaps their desire to end the charade is coming through?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

Its not about a direct correlation between cows and humans; its about the ratio of ones species supposed advancement compared the others. Suppose humans are 1000 times as advanced as cows. Look at how easily the cows are subjugated. Do they even know they are subjugated? If species X were 1000 times as advanced as humans, I think its logical to assume that humanity would be as clueless to species X influence, as the cows are to humanities. Wouldnt you say?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

That was a point made above.

I find it interesting that our politicians engage in odd and secrative activities. They seem to be getting more and more disgusted. Perhaps their desire to end the charade is coming through?

I believe more is happening in countering the lies and brainwashing that TPTB is doing, however they still hold all the cards.

Another point, we may have already started colonizing (or taking control as is the human way) of places such as the moon etc.

This planet is not in danger from aliens, if it was, we probably wouldn't be here today. Aliens could be among us, but we would never know imo. "They" could be a previous advanced life form who emerged from this planet way before us, or they could be from a distant star.

Heck, we could probably be aliens, created by microbial life on an asteroid hitting the earth millions of years ago.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

i know what your saying, it's just that we are the only race i know of that encourages learning.
as the cow is 1000 times less advaced than us now, in 50 years it could be 1100 times less advanced.
my point is that when there is something we don't understand, we do what we can to understand it.
things that are hidden from us don't stay hidden forever.
i dont think a cow ever questions it's existence, humans do daily.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

The idea of previously advanced life forms would go along with hollow Earth theory. That's one of the most senseless of all conspiracy theories, but often legends and such have basis in truth.

Would we be entitled to our own genetic integrity? What if it was being changed against our will, to make us "better"?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join