It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Today, a homeless looking man handed me $50 and this note. Do any of you have any idea what it mea

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Just goes to show how gullible we sheeple are, I 've been following this for a couple of days just like everyone else
and it'll probably turn out to be advertising a book or film or maybe a new tv series.
Its like getting hooked on Survivor or some other reality show.
We cant help ourselves and the advertising gurus know it.
It probably is for a new tv series, the powers that be know it and so does everyone here. How to keep people ignorant and dumbed down find something to occupy their minds for a while.
I'm over it.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
If you look at Reddit about it, turns out it was some marketing thing....that is all.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
well here is Mr. Blue Jay

more pics from that day and event

So "The Guy" that people thought was Blue Jay is "Fred", an old patron of my brother from the bar he used to bartend at (Cafe Taci) a few years back. Fred was a regular at the bar because it was near Columbia University. Fred was a retired professor from Columbia and my brother said he was kind of a crazy genius.

source

The OP shows up around 4:45pm and is zerged as well, people start cheering "OP!". The Mashable crew that has been filming and doing interviews ends up asking the OP questions as well as the people in the crowd. "Where is the note?", "Do you have the $50?", "Why were you late?", "Where is your date?!", "Is that the bag you were wearing?". The OP was pretty cool about answering anything that was thrown at him, he presented the note and let people hold and take pictures of it. He did mention that he FORGOT the $50 and did NOT have it with him, i believe he said he left it on his table or couch at home because he was taking pictures of it.

here is a video of the OP when he arrived
Video

In the OP's defense when he showed up, there was a pretty big group of us waiting for him and people immediately surrounded him. He looked a little shook up, throughout some of the interviews and questioning his hands were shaking a bit (no offense). Id like to thank him for showing up and immediately answering everyone's questions without hesitation, he went as far as answering random calls in front of us as well as showing us his Reddit and posting a comment here live. My brief rundown: Hopping on the train! imgur.com... I arrived around 3:45 PM and walked over to the location where there were already about 20+ people waiting. I started up conversations basically by asking if this was all the reddit people. Took some pictures and began updating the Reddit thread. Location Shot: imgur.com... Here are the two sides of the street we were occupying: imgur.com... imgur.com... Brief video showing the people at the location: smg.photobucket.com...#!oZZ14QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fsmg.photobucket.c om%2Falbums%2Fv495%2FHell_Rell%2F07-12-12%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DVID_20120712_155853.mp4 Around 4pm the area was getting packed and people were either filming or going into local business' asking if they knew about Blue Jay or Mr. Input. That's when someone noticed the hobo guy with all blue on and pretty much zerged him. He spoke very low and I couldn't really get a word out of him (I posted a picture of him, I was literally in front of him). After the random questions he said excuse me and walked away. Mr. Input (Blue Jay): imgur.com... Mob around Mr. Input (Blue Jay): imgur.com... After the older bum looking guy left, people started going into the local business' again asking questions, leading to us being asked to leave the BASE office building. The OP shows up around 4:45pm and is zerged as well, people start cheering "OP!". The Mashable crew that has been filming and doing interviews ends up asking the OP questions as well as the people in the crowd. "Where is the note?", "Do you have the $50?", "Why were you late?", "Where is your date?!", "Is that the bag you were wearing?". The OP was pretty cool about answering anything that was thrown at him, he presented the note and let people hold and take pictures of it. He did mention that he FORGOT the $50 and did NOT have it with him, i believe he said he left it on his table or couch at home because he was taking pictures of it. The moment OP shows up: imgur.com... OP being interviewed by Mashable: imgur.com... Video of OP when he arrived: smg.photobucket.com... NYPD Shows Up: imgur.com... The OP also referred to things in the thread like the wild theories, Dark Knight promotion, Marketing, Job Offer (he said he would give it to the person who solved the cipher), that he started a big hoax, OP said he found most of those explanations funny. That's around the time when NYPD made us move across the street where the OP answered more questions and did the live post on here. I left around 5:30pm while the OP was talking to 4 NYPD officers (also posted pic of that). Not sure what happened after that. NYPD with OP around the time i left: imgur.com... Again, thank you OP and Reddit for the most memorable lunch break im sure ill ever have. Please dont go crazy on the OP's p

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by killbot2012
If you look at Reddit about it, turns out it was some marketing thing....that is all.

So? There is still no proof of it, and even if it were, is that a bad thing?

People were, and are having fun with it. It has intrigue and mystery, seems a lot of people really like that.

Advertisement or not, who cares? As long as people are enjoying it.

I personally think it is for the Spy display in NYC, right outside where the Reddit people were standing, and Blue Jay is Melton. I showed a pic of him with and without the Blue Jay mask on a few posts back.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
wich ever way this goes, SHARE !!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well, it looks like we're not going to get our answers for what this is all about on the 19th. The OP, Mr. Ali, posted this not long ago on Reddit.

EDIT AS OF 10:38am 7/13 Received a phone call today threatening violence against me and my family, going so far as to name members of my family and their addresses, unless I delete this post. The caller also told me not to show up on the 19th and to inform anyone planning to show up on the 19th that nothing would happen. This will be my last message from this account before I delete it. I'll also be changing my number later today. I am sorry if a resolution to this never happens, but I'm not willing to risk my family's safety for a few extra dollars.

Source

I feel so bad for this guy, having his number out like that.
Now we will never know.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
Just goes to show how gullible we sheeple are, I 've been following this for a couple of days just like everyone else
and it'll probably turn out to be advertising a book or film or maybe a new tv series.
Its like getting hooked on Survivor or some other reality show.
We cant help ourselves and the advertising gurus know it.
It probably is for a new tv series, the powers that be know it and so does everyone here. How to keep people ignorant and dumbed down find something to occupy their minds for a while.
I'm over it.

aka, you couldn't figure it out, so you dismiss it

(same here...clearly it means nothing, because I couldn't crack it)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It seems we may not have a clear answer to this mystery... OP has been threatened and is not going to show up on the 19th.. I know others from reddit will show up though, so maybe we will have an update on the 19th.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
interesting. Maybe I'll find some time and try to crack it by myself, better read up on encryption of all sorts.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If the man didn't publish his own phone number then he has alternatives. If he did, that was not to smart.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
If the man didn't publish his own phone number then he has alternatives. If he did, that was not to smart.

From what I understand, someone who knows him figured out that the message he received on Reddit came from a username that was his phone number backwards. They then posted that on the thread.

The OP then repeated that info over the live stream yesterday. The words no more cleared his mouth and his phone started ringing. He answered it and I think the person hung up. Someone then posted "thanks for confirming the number".

Everyone then told him he should change his number immediately because "the guys on 4chan will mess him up" or something to that effect.

I kinda get the feeling it was either viral marketing gone wrong or it was a prank on his part and it went wrong. Either way I don't see it being "resolved" unless someone admits to it. (good opportunity for someone to capitalize on a crowd considering many Reddit users are planning to show up for the next "meeting")

OiO

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
everyone wants to hear he was an alien and that is alien language

so TS

he was an alien, and that is alien language

omg

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
wow. seems like a marketing plan gone very wrong. why would someone threaten him??? people can be so mean.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

If he used his reverse phone number as a user then he really screwed up. Who couldn't figure that one out...

No one to blame but him self.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I didnt read the post before I responded.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
More information.

From the OP:

EDIT AS OF 10:38am 7/13 Received a phone call today threatening violence against me and my family, going so far as to name members of my family and their addresses, unless I delete this post. The caller also told me not to show up on the 19th and to inform anyone planning to show up on the 19th that nothing would happen. This will be my last message from this account before I delete it. I'll also be changing my number later today. I am sorry if a resolution to this never happens, but I'm not willing to risk my family's safety for a few extra dollars.

From another user:

Okay, summarizing whatever everyone has decoded/uncovered:
PRE-MEETUP:
The original message is decrypted as: There's plenty more money to make figure this out and prepare to meet july 19 fifty sixth and sixth hot dog stand outside rue57 cafe ask for mister input
The follow up message is decrypted as: YOU HAVE MANAGED TO FIND THE MESSAGE WITH THE HELP OF FRIENDS. YOU CHANGED THE RULES NOW SO WILL I. JULY TWELVE FOUR PM. FIND THE BLUE JAY AT SIX AND A HALF AND FIFTY SIXTH AND TELL HIM YOU ARE THE LAST.
/u/new_b has translated the username of Mr. Input into an IP address. It's from the US Department of Defense.
/u/Cardnumber47582 discovered what might be "Blue Jay"
As /u/jrm2003 and others have said, the code on the $50 bill is a UNIX timecode for July 19, 12:00pm EST. 16:00 EST WHAT'S THE REAL #ING TIME? The posts are so confusing.
Not sure if relevant, but fun nonetheless: /u/Ca11megee found out that the sum of Mr. Input's username is 42.
NON-DEFINITIVE PROOF OF VIRAL MARKETING PLOY, apparently something about Dark Knight. Aaaaand it's down. Suspicious, no? Apparently, the troll is really just a pussy, no outside forces were really responsible for the video being taken down. The video is up again.
Possible marketing ploy by a Spy Exhibit?
A possible sighting of Blue Jay today. Did someone talk to this delivery guy?
RECORDING OF THE LIVE STREAM
POST-MEETUP:
Here's /u/Triiipledot's blow-by-blow account of what happened
/u/fingrs2fite possibly backtraced OP pre-meetup. Screenshots are provided (no complete doxx, of course). fingrs also called OP, person on the line denied he was OP. Then on the meetup, OP admitted that he is Ali and that Mr. Input's username is his phone number. OP is a [insert offensive word here] Come to think of it, some redditor he knows might have just trolled him hard.
/u/A_Suburban_Mom has an interesting theory on who the hobo might be, complete with pictures, and updated with further comparison.
/u/SMLXL has a video of the blue hobo. Guys, you are such retards. Next time you see a possible suspect, KEEP QUIET AND LISTEN. #ing people saying "bluejay" repeatedly mumblegrumbleshumble...
Fake Mr. Input's username has been deleted (such a waste of reddit gold!). I won't point you to it because the username is OP's phone number.
So that blue hobo is allegedly a retired professor from Columbia named Fred. Hope we can have sources to verify this one.
Say cheese everyone, were getting media attention.
A link to the July 19 meetup.
Some things people still can't seem to grasp:
Mr Input is probably not Blue Jay. The second message did talk about a proxy, which probably means Mr Input was not there at all.
BUT, the second message is probably a prank made by a redditor who knows OP (who else would have OP's phone number?). Still, it's #ing amazing that OP's phone number corresponds to a HEX of a Department of Defense IP address as well as having a sum total of 42. That's just some #ing great coincidence, man.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Subway crypto note now decoded:

www.livescience.com...

thread should be closed now

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Front of bill has Fifty followed by the number 4. = 54.......so 54 might be 1 piece of this puzzle.

I think all the markings on the $50 are the clues to solving it.

Start from there..

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Subway crypto note now decoded:

www.livescience.com...

thread should be closed now

The note was decoded back on page 1, man.
Doesn't mean we can't talk about it in here.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Has anyone bothered to look for the poor homeless guy?

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join