It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Today, a homeless looking man handed me $50 and this note. Do any of you have any idea what it mea

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Post a pic or it didn't happen

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CantSay

You have not decoded it.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Reddit makes its way to ATS, how cool!

It was declared gibberish over there, I am sure if it is decipherable it will get done here.
edit on 12-7-2012 by sdocpublishing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
$50 it's viral marketing

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
reply to post by CantSay

You have not decoded it.

I'm curious. Why did you say that. I remember reading on the first page, it being solved/decoded.

Des

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Here is a very good summary of today's events if anyone is still interested:

mashable.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by roadgravel
reply to post by CantSay

You have not decoded it.

I'm curious. Why did you say that. I remember reading on the first page, it being solved/decoded.

Des

Because the person posted this

26 letters on back is the key. Perhaps starting from A to Z with substitute letter in key sequence. The key maybe backwards or scrabbled.

and the cipher and decryption has been determined.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Did anyone else happen to see the "33" at the very end and think back to the movie "Knowing"?
I believe it was EE for Everybody Else, but it just caught my attention.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Foolish mortals. So easily sheoplized and misled by being intentionally set course on some meaningless wild goose chase, fabricated treasure hunt. LMAO! ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
From what I understand this is a marketing ploy.
I had my suspicions right off the bat but the Reddit community pretty much solidified it.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
There was a guy at the CIA that had people use
Serial numbers off dollar bills for the key(cipher)
So in case the spy, handler or codes were found the key would
most likely not be found.

But need a pic of the 50. And the few Hebrew letters on bottom and a few yids
up top just make things more complicated or easier. Or it's just 'junk'.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
what I wanna know
is
did the guy who
was given the $50&the note

did he buy
the homeless looking dood
a sammich

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Here is an update from the OP on Reddit:

So as many of you saw on the stream, I went to the site that was mentioned in the previous message today only to find that the "bluejay" hadn't showed up and if they had they hadn't identified themselves. My night did not go well, my phone was literally going off all night, and during the taxi ride home I decided to check some of the voicemails. I had numerous ones calling me names like "troll", "fag", "pussy" etc, and quite a few death threats... If I personally caused you some harm somehow, I apologize, but I'm gonna let this edit explain a couple questions and theories that keep coming up. Is this some kind of ARG or marketing ploy? I wish I had some way to prove that this isn't other than my word. It may be one, however I can assure you that I am not personally involved in any kind of ARG or marketing plan. Are you trolling? I really wish I could be creative enough to set something like this up and execute it, the only part of this where we may have been trolled was last nights message, many things came together today that would point to a friend sending said message on Reddit, and its sad to see that it spiraled so out of control. Can we get a description of the ragged man? He was a little taller than 5'8", white, 50s-60s with no facial hair, and white hair. What do you think of these theories: *you work for BASE Entertainment I do not work for BASE Entertainment, you can call them up and ask them *The old man in blue at 4:00 was Blue Jay or Mr. Input Possible, but Mr. Input didn't have a beard on Monday, it is possible this man was Blue Jay and was frightened by the crowd that literally swarmed him *You think its Time travel? Primer? *Is this part of a TV show/Movie? Seriously? Come on. I gonna read the PMs that I got today now and will let you know if anything develops. As always, feel free to send me a message [ON REDDIT, NOT MY PHONE] if you want any questions answered.

I personally don't know what to think at this point... This is all very confusing. If I had to guess though, i would say this is some kind of marketing ploy, and a good one at that. This has sparked major interest now on multiple websites and around 150 people showed up to see some action at 4:00 in the streets of NYC.. Unfortunately all these people and us at home watching from our monitors were disappointed.
It will be interesting to see how this further develops.. I will keep ATS updated, for those who have not lost interest...

EDIT:
it seems someone may have solved this mystery after all... Here is what someone else found out:

Well reddit, i too have investigated. The "hobo" is actually H. Keith Melton who is the head of that Spy Exhibit thing that is going up. All that you need to do is look for distinguishing facial features on the hobo. What i noticed was the nose, its either fake or very different. Look at the noise very carefully and how it is long, pointed, and seems to have a secondary ridge above the nostril: i.imgur.com... [RES ignored duplicate image] here is an image of Mr Melton i found off the internet: www.harpercollins.com...

Then the OP clarified that "The face he is holding is very similar to that of the ragged man, but his hair was not black like it is in the picture."

edit on 12-7-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Be it marketing or a terrorist nuclear nazi ET thing, im hooked. Can't wait for july 19th or whatever happens in the following days. My take:

It's the weird beardy guy dressed in blue.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Even that photo of H. Keith Melton is a disguise, the one where he is holding a disguise...

Here is a *real* photo of him, and his "real" nose.

ciaspycraft.com...

I would say, judging by the pic of the "hobo" in the crowd, it was someone using the mask Melton is holding in the pic. www.harpercollins.com...

Well done, but one thing gives it away. Note the mask he is holding. It has a large bulge at the neck. In the same photo of him holding the mask, he has a darker beard which covers the neck bulge of the mask. Yes, he is *wearing* the mask in the image where he is holding the mask.

www.harpercollins.com...

The person in the photo from today in the crowd i.imgur.com... shows the same mask, but updated a bit with new makeup methodology, with a different beard. But, also notice how the clothes are gathered around the neck to camouflage the neck bulge?

Also of note, the "hobo" is carrying a pristine looking leather pouch with a black drawstring. I think this may have been the next clue, but as noted in the article, he was probably flustered by the large crowd. It also could have just been a stage prop, but I note the pristine condition of that pouch. The leather is not aged at all.

Melton is in on it. Is it him? I think so, but he is a master of deception, illusion, and trickery. He has written books on this, and indeed, the exhibit is his in NYC.

I will say it is Melton in the crowd today, and he is using the hat to cover his own natural hair. The nose is not real, and some portions of the face are not real, hence the beard and clothing to cover the neck. Those are, however, Meltons' eyes. After looking further, I will say those are also his hands, as well.

My vote is Melton made an appearance in the crowd today, whether the friend set up the fake meeting or not. He made an appearance, had hoped to blend in, and when rushed the way he was, he blathered the gibberish, and was allowed to go on his way. The look on his face? Delighted!

I say the original meeting date is still on. Melton is loving the attention from this, no harm, no foul.

edit on 13-7-2012 by Libertygal because: ETA: remark on hands

ETA: Now I am positive. Found a video of Melton, look at his eyes, his smile, mouth, this is the guy in blue today, most certainly.

edit on 13-7-2012 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
You know you got it bad when a homeless guy is handing you money!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The serial numbers on the $50 dollar bill are the cypher.

The numbers on the back of the note is the phone number to call if/when you solve the puzzle.

Technical tool in recruiting for various black programs.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Maybe the numbers on bottom of the fifty are a checking account number and hidden on the bill is the password. Has the correct amount of numbers.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The "hobo" is actually a retired genius crazy professor,someone's brother on reddit knew the guy cause he was a regular at his bar. It still looks like the guy with the mask,and yes the neck hiding is definitely weird. I think im going to sleep and tomorrow i'll find a new 1000 comments on ATS and Reddit to read.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

I heard this was a publicity stunt.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join