It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I induced sleep paralysis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I went to bed at about 11pm, I set my alarm at 4.15am for WBTB (Wake back to bed). I drank some apple juice because it helps me remember my dreams vivid. When I woke up at 4.15am, I remembered my dream quite well so I wrote it down in my dream journal. Then I went downstairs to drink some orange juice because it relaxes your body and keeps your brain active. Then I read some in my dream journal so I knew what all my dream signs were. I listened to binaural beats for 5-10 minutes. Then I went to bed. I was laying on my back, after a while some of my body parts started itching, so I ignored that. After a while my body started vibrating. So I knew this was the beginning of sleep paralysis, I was quite happy. I heard buzzing and humming noises aswell, but that's normal with sleep paralysis. But then it started.. I saw a grey alien, a demon entitity and a shadow person on the other side of my room. I knew these were just hypnagogic hallucinations. So I stayed positive. I called them: Steve the grey alien, Peter the demon and Bart the shadow person. I couldn't speak or I couldn't move. So I said to myself: Hey guys, are you here to help me become lucid? I tried to take control of the SP. But the grey alien replied: No, when you get out of this.. We will get you. That's the time when I became terrified. They started getting closer and closer. So that's when I closed my eyes, but I could still feel their presence. I was trying to relax because I really wanted to have a lucid dream. When I opened my eyes they were standing next to my bed. So I decided to break out from sleep paralysis. I changed my breathing pattern and I tried to move my fingers and toes, eventually I woke up. I feel so stupid because I couldn't keep on going. I never got this scared in my life before to be honest. ;o

Can you actually get used to this so you can become lucid after SP?
Because I have been trying for 8 weeks to have a lucid dream with MILD/DILD/DEILD but still didn't have my first one. And I really wanna have my first lucid dream ;p.

Sorry for the wall of text and my bad English

-Crash

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

If you want lucid dreams just constantly read your dream journal and also do reality checks, I find the best reality check is to close your nose and if you can still breathe through it your dreaming. Do this while you are awake alot so you remember to do it while dreaming. I myself have had 3 lucid dreams so far just by remembering to do this reality check technique. Just last night I had a lucid dream. I find the way I go into lucidity is I do the reality check and when I realize its a dream I start to open my eyes in the dream and I get out of my bed and walk out my bedroom door then outside and then just start to fly. Just remember my tips and you'll get it eventually. SP really doesn't help with lucidity well I don't really know if it does because I've never tried to go into lucid dreams from SP. If you need anymore help though just try googling "lucid dream tips". I hope I was of help.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Wow, that's crazy...I don't really have any helpful information to offer. I was just wondering what the deal was with everyone having the same or similar entities appear to them during these occasions? Either it is archetypal, or these beings actually exist in some other world or universe...What do you think Steve meant when he said when you get out of this? Like what was your initial impression? When you wake up, when you die, etc?

ETA: The breathing through the nose thing doesn't work for me, although I could get to the point to where I could think about my breathing while asleep, but even though I could breathe when I shouldn't have been able to, it never "clicked" that this meant I was dreaming, lol. It just never worked for me...
edit on 6/24/12 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Well I thought he was gonna kill me when I became lucid, so that's when I tried to break free from sleep paralysis. I know it only would have been a dream though, but a lucid dream feels so real apperently.
edit on 24-6-2012 by Crashyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Wow, that's crazy...I don't really have any helpful information to offer. I was just wondering what the deal was with everyone having the same or similar entities appear to them during these occasions? Either it is archetypal, or these beings actually exist in some other world or universe...What do you think Steve meant when he said when you get out of this? Like what was your initial impression? When you wake up, when you die, etc?

ETA: The breathing through the nose thing doesn't work for me, although I could get to the point to where I could think about my breathing while asleep, but even though I could breathe when I shouldn't have been able to, it never "clicked" that this meant I was dreaming, lol. It just never worked for me...
edit on 6/24/12 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

Well thats why like I said you need to do it alot while awake, like randomly shut your nose while your awake on a daily basis, if you can't breathe through your nose while its shut your awake. It should get to the point where you begin to start doing this in your dream and you still will breathe and you'll then realize your dreaming and be able to take full control.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

I have been trying to become lucid for 8 weeks now while doing reality checks (MILD/DILD). I do reality checks every hour of the day, I also do a reality check when I see one of my dream signs in real life. I do loads of different reality checks, the one you mentioned is one of them. I also practise all day awareness (which really helps according to people on dreamviews).
Thanks for the reply btw!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crashyy
I went to bed at about 11pm, I set my alarm at 4.15am for WBTB (Wake back to bed). I drank some apple juice because it helps me remember my dreams vivid. When I woke up at 4.15am, I remembered my dream quite well so I wrote it down in my dream journal. Then I went downstairs to drink some orange juice because it relaxes your body and keeps your brain active. Then I read some in my dream journal so I knew what all my dream signs were. I listened to binaural beats for 5-10 minutes. Then I went to bed. I was laying on my back, after a while some of my body parts started itching, so I ignored that. After a while my body started vibrating. So I knew this was the beginning of sleep paralysis, I was quite happy. I heard buzzing and humming noises aswell, but that's normal with sleep paralysis. But then it started.. I saw a grey alien, a demon entitity and a shadow person on the other side of my room. I knew these were just hypnagogic hallucinations. So I stayed positive. I called them: Steve the grey alien, Peter the demon and Bart the shadow person. I couldn't speak or I couldn't move. So I said to myself: Hey guys, are you here to help me become lucid? I tried to take control of the SP. But the grey alien replied: No, when you get out of this.. We will get you. That's the time when I became terrified. They started getting closer and closer. So that's when I closed my eyes, but I could still feel their presence. I was trying to relax because I really wanted to have a lucid dream. When I opened my eyes they were standing next to my bed. So I decided to break out from sleep paralysis. I changed my breathing pattern and I tried to move my fingers and toes, eventually I woke up. I feel so stupid because I couldn't keep on going. I never got this scared in my life before to be honest. ;o

Can you actually get used to this so you can become lucid after SP?
Because I have been trying for 8 weeks to have a lucid dream with MILD/DILD/DEILD but still didn't have my first one. And I really wanna have my first lucid dream ;p.

Sorry for the wall of text and my bad English

-Crash

Your English is just fine...

You sound like me all throughout my early teens. When I was 13 years old, I read the book "Journey's out of the body" by Robert Monroe. I'm not sure what your stance is on this material, perhaps it is all lucid dreaming, or you believe in astral projection, but either way, its a fascinating "perception phenomena" for lack of a more appropriate term.

I experienced sleep paralysis on a regular basis almost every other day when I was little. It scared me for years, the buzzing and roaring in my ears, but I never actually saw anything or anyone. Robert Monroe discusses many of the entities he came across in his trilogy of books, and he sees it as a legit contact with other entities and not just a form of lucid dreaming.

I have had some intense "out of body" experiences or dreams.... They were unforgettable and very different than a normal dream. I do not know if Astral Projection is a reality in the sense that you are actually leaving your body, but I would neither confirm nor deny the possibility. It sure seemed real to me.

Lots of people may suggest you use caution, and they may very well be right. Congratulations on your logical way of trying to assume control over the experience and not be freaked out by what may have been your own manifestations, but also bear in mind, that there are lions, bears, scorpions and snakes in the jungle of our natural world....

If there really is outside legitimacy to what you are experiencing, you might consider the "inner world' have dangers that are just as legitimate.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

I can induce sleep paralysis any time I want, but I have it so regularly it's not hard.
Usually it happens when I am waking up (or trying to I guess), but if it starts when I am going to sleep I do get this weird feeling in my head that I really don't know how to explain. I have never seen anything, but I always get this sense that there is something malevolent just off to the side or at the door perpetually about to enter.

People that are interested in lucid dreaming should check out those guys that are making the eye masks that are supposed to help. They probably cost more than they are worth, but I am sure you can use the same idea to rig something up at home. It is basically a sleep mask with red led lights on a timer. You set the timer for when you think you will be in REM sleep. Supposedly when you start seeing red lights over your dreams (signals from your eyes) you will know you are dreaming and can try to take control.

Personally.. when I find out I am dreaming I just automatically wake up.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

You'll get it, just keep practicing, I try to do it every night but even I myself have difficulties, I find that leaving my cellphone 10 feet away from me helps because I always check my phone whenever I wake up and so in my dreams I check my phone and when I realize that my phone is only 5 feet away thats when I do a reality check to see if I am dreaming. That's my way of checking in a dream, I guess in a way its kind of like a memento. Kind of like in the movie 'Inception' where the guy has a top, and he constantly spins it in real life and if it falls hes awake but in the dream world it keeps spinning. The littlest things can help realize you are dreaming.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Well, that's fascinating. I've had a few sleep paralysis experiences in my life, but only once was there a sensation of another being in the room, and in my case it was much more mundane: I thought there was a burglar who had broken into my apartment and was in the process of robbing me blind while I was frozen with fear in my bed. I was very fearful he'd notice I was awake and kill me so I couldn't identify him. I wanted to wake up, grab my baseball bat and just attack the guy (who wasn't there), but was frozen, of course, and could do nothing. (Also, it didn't help that I hadn't brought my old baseball bat with me when I moved 3000 miles across country to Los Angeles, where I was living at the time, but in that moment I'd forgotten that detail...)

I have a friend who went through the whole "abduction experience," though as real as it seemed to him he was never sure if it was that or just a bout of sleep paralysis. My guess is that it's the latter, since his girlfriend was in bed next to him and got woken up by him nearly crushing her hand in his while he was going through this. But the event had all the hallmarks in his memories of the classic abduction with him being lifted up and taken out of the room. He didn't see Grays, though. He did see the weird, evil looking, troll-like guys depicted in the movie Communion, though he had his experience before he ever saw that movie.
edit on 6/24/2012 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Btw the reason why I gave those beings a name was because I wanted to turn sleep paralysis into something positive/funny so it would've been easier to enter my lucid dream.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
They are trying to stop your growth of consciousness by introducing to fear and back to the slave pen. Negative's access overall has to do with permissions, so negs who monitor look for slip ups in your life or self love over service to others and lots of ways to get through cracks in the armor of Love.

One thing to do to eliminate fear is to have this attitude. "There is no such thing as coincidence, so if you showed up to bully me, then I must be meant to shine light at you. Why are you guys taking the long way home, and choosing to be so unhappy. Don't follow bad orders, and stand in your light, you have Family if you start to reach out your hand for help." Beam Love and feel sorry for them and seek to connect to your Source/Family/Higher Self.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Did they actually seem completely real and solid? Just curious.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
tryed sleep paralysis a couple of time, have seen shadowy figure, 3-4 times, and a 2x aliens at 1 time... No demonic entitys... But a old man and a cat (they werent scary hoho
)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
Did they actually seem completely real and solid? Just curious.

Well they felt real and when I was in sleep paralysis, I kept thinking they're not real, they're not real.. But at some point I thought: What if they are real? I actually think they weren't real, because why else would they dissapear when my sleep paralysis is over?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Interesting story about your experience! How often do you get sleep paralysis? Do you often see entities in multiple form? As for me, I used to get SP up to 10x a night but now it's more like every few months or so. I have never seen multiple forms of entities at once. It usually is a dark entity, and I've never seen an alien, I've even tried to manifest one during my SP experience and it just didn't happen. The dark entity always plays tricks with me and growls at me, but I generally don't have entities around me when I have SP's that cause vibrations and electricity to go through my brain. This is usually accompanied with a gravitational force that grabs me by my hand and tries to lift me out of my body.... lately though it has started to lift me out by my feet for some reason.

Isn't it strange how some people have SP and SP experiences and others do not?? I wonder why this is so?? I read somewhere that only about 6% of the population has it. I guess its rare.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocsgirl
Interesting story about your experience! How often do you get sleep paralysis? Do you often see entities in multiple form? As for me, I used to get SP up to 10x a night but now it's more like every few months or so. I have never seen multiple forms of entities at once. It usually is a dark entity, and I've never seen an alien, I've even tried to manifest one during my SP experience and it just didn't happen. The dark entity always plays tricks with me and growls at me, but I generally don't have entities around me when I have SP's that cause vibrations and electricity to go through my brain. This is usually accompanied with a gravitational force that grabs me by my hand and tries to lift me out of my body.... lately though it has started to lift me out by my feet for some reason.

Isn't it strange how some people have SP and SP experiences and others do not?? I wonder why this is so?? I read somewhere that only about 6% of the population has it. I guess its rare.

This was actually my first sleep paralysis experience, I never tried to induce it before. Btw when you see that dark entity don't you get scared? And what happens after your sleep paralysis, do you try to have a lucid dream/astral projection/out of body experience? And yeah, I guess sleep paralysis is pretty rare but I think alot of people just induce it to have a lucid dream while others just have SP without even trying.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
There is nothing to be afraid of when you Astral Project, Lucid Dream or whatever you want to call it.

The first time I Projected I was thinking about aliens/E.Ts and got the feeling I was flying past planets and solar systems faster than light. I slowed as I reached a planet that looked somewhat like Jupiter and got the feeling I was forming into a new body. I got scared and tried to pull towards my physical body desperately. I woke up with Sleep Paralysis and was convinced I had been kidnapped by Aliens because I thought the lights in and around my room were pulsing, I tried screaming but barely a sound was coming out... My brother sleeps in the same room as me and said 'Are you alright?' which snapped me out of the SP.

I spoke with my father (Who is deep into spirituality and has Shaman friends) and he said not to worry. It was just the PTBs programming trying to keep you in fear from the Ethereal. I thought nothing of it and the next night I had an OBE/Projection again but kept my cool and just floated into the middle of the room and could see my brother waking up to turn off the radio beside my bed (I sleep with the music on and he gets thick about it). I woke the next day and had forgotten all about it until he said to me about leaving the radio on again.

As of today, I have had dozens of 'OBEs, Projections, Lucid Dream' (Whatever term you wish to use) and can remember only a handful in detail but I still remember that I had projected and then I forget what happens.

So, my advice is this; don't take any entities serious because they can't harm you in the Astral. It is all an illusion and only by making you believe they can hurt you, can they control you and use your negative feelings to feed their hungers.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

I started getting uninduced SP's when I was 18... it came like a thief in the night really, robbing me of my sleep because I would have up to 10-15 nightmares per night accompanied with an entity that would hold me down, I would be able to feel its hands on my shoulders and would hear it growl or say things to me. This was absolutely terrifying and I began to fear going to sleep. This was ongoing for a few months (nightly) then began to back off a little. It wasn't until I resolved a few emotional conflicts going on in my life and I got to a point also where I confronted the entity. Now whenever I see it, I turn my eyes toward it and scream/yell at it and attempt to grab at it (but I can't because I'm paralyzed and can't speak, but do it with my mind) It will back off after that, usually.

Because I have SP so often I generally find it to be an incredible nuisance and disturbance to my sleep so I try every attempt to get it to stop so I can rest. But I have had OBE's, lucid dreaming, and all of that, typically without me having had a choice.

I know how to invoke a SP experience but usually try NOT to. If I wake up for about 15 minutes in the early morning then go back to sleep, I will likely have it. If I lie on my back, I will likely have one also, but it occurs no matter what for me if my sleep is disrupted in any way.

What I find most scary is when I get pulled out of my body. I guess because I don't know what it is that is taking me.
edit on 6/1/2012 by Rocsgirl because: needed to delete text

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocsgirl

Wow that must have been really terrifying when it feels like something is pulling you out of your bed ;o. I hope I never experience anything like that. If I would induce sleep paralysis at 8 in the morning (when it's already light outside) do you think it'll be less scary then when you do it in the middle of the night? Because if it is, I might just try to induce sleep paralysis in the morning to enter a lucid dream after the SP experience.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join