It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry renounced by hundreds of (Christian) Barbadians

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
You want to make this about me. You have 'distaste' for me because I abide in the Truth and because of that, it makes you uncomfortable. You cannot handle anyone questioning your Freemasonry beliefs because you know that they are incompatible with the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Instead of recognising the Holy Spirit convicting you, you will choose to fight it and to believe their dogma over what your God tells and commands you. Hate me all you want for I do not care.

Explain then how it is that Christians, Jews and Muslims (and others) can work together in the same Lodge using the same ritual and not slight each other's religions?

I'll be waiting for your answer with bated breath

Fitz

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Let me help you out, I will even use one of the Jesus-nutter websites so you can feel comfortable knowing it is coming from someone who thinks like you.

So let me get this straight...a person claiming to be a mason (you) who is supposedly tolerant of all religions (
) is going to use the term "Jesus-nutter"?

Wow!

I think you proved my point...freemasonry and Christianity aren't compatible.

Mayhap as you're not being truly representative of the Prince of Peace and his teachings?

Fitz

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinocchio

To the best of my knowledge, and I'm no expert, one of the founding tenants of Masonry is, or so it seems to this outsider looking through the glass darkly, as it were; that there is more than one road to truth. All that is truly required to reach that truth is faith in your chosen name of God.

It would seem, again, to this outsider...that masonry implies, correctly I might add... That all names of God refer to the same Godhead. But that's only my interpretation, and I freely admit, made from ignorance.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
To the best of my knowledge, and I'm no expert, one of the founding tenants of Masonry is, or so it seems to this outsider looking through the glass darkly, as it were; that there is more than one road to truth. All that is truly required to reach that truth is faith in your chosen name of God.

It would seem, again, to this outsider...that masonry implies, correctly I might add... That all names of God refer to the same Godhead. But that's only my interpretation, and I freely admit, made from ignorance.

You are correct on all points.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

So you believe that any criticism of you is a criticism of Christ? What if its just you?

reply to post by seabag

He asked about our ritual, not from Hall's or Pike's book (they are not our rituals).

reply to post by seabag

It's a nice dodge there. You said you said it was in our ritual then posted a excerpt not from our ritual. You were either lying when you said it came from our ritual or you are just very ignorant of what constitutes our rituals and ceremonies. You pick.

We don't pretend like we're important. Nowhere have any of us elevated ourselves in such a manner.

It is very apparent you do care as you seem to be sticking your nose into our business and making snide comments. You remind me of one of my soldiers who complains about everything and yet says "I hate to complain, but..."

reply to post by WhoKnows100

I didn't say I accept that other gods exist. As I said, you're trying to twist my words to snare the minds of fools, like all wolves and forked tongues do. I said before that Freemasonry does not teach salvation. We preach about hope.

There is only one name under Heaven by which we can be saved. Does Freemasonry teach that name as Yahushua/Jesus?

Freemasonry is not a tool of the Christian church and since it allows men of various faiths as members it cannot elevate one faith above another without offending someone. I guess I have to say this slowly for you, NO. RELIGIOUS. OR POLITICAL. IDEOLOGY. IS. PUSHED. IN. THE. LODGE.

The only thing not tolerated in Freemasonry is ignorance, fanaticism, and tyranny. You seem to appreciate all three.

Actually you did say that I am being kept out:

The thing that keeps you out is your insistence that there is more than one path to salvation...

Freemasonry is compatible with Christianity, just not fanaticism or extremism. I particularly enjoy my time in the York Rite.

I could care less if you don't agree with us, but I don't stand by for liars and fear-mongerers.

reply to post by seabag

He's not saying that all Christians are "Jesus-nutters". He is talking about the stupid extremists and fanatics who really are not that Christian.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Youve summed it up in a great way, seagull.

We use terms like The Great Architect of the Universe as symbols, NOT to replace Deity, but to represent it. Because Freemasons are never asked what their personal faith is, and only that a candidate believe in God, it allows men of all faiths to come together in harmony, and pray as brothers.

Masonry provides a man the tools to build his spiritual temple but will never dictate to him about religion.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Jerry Sandusky, freemason

If you expect guests and you have a foul odor in your house you spray flowery scents to mask it. That's what all the "we do great works", "we build better men" stuff is. It's nothing more than an insider's club with claims of vast resources of gold and silver among other treasures. I.E. MATERIAL WEALTH.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well it has been an interesting night of reading, but this weary Englishman needs his sleep. To my brethren, love and good health, to non brethren, love and good health also.

Edited to add: Protocoloflove - can you not find it in your heart to just allow others to just be? Be well.

edit on 24-6-2012 by Jamjar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove

Which lodge?

You are so intellectually disengenious.

Here, try this instead:

Child-raping Christian, Jerry Sandusky, regularly attended St. Paul's United Methodist Church. It seems the Holy Spirit really got into him.

edit on 24-6-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Which lodge?

You are so intellectually disengenious.

You're expecting him to out up ('cuz Heaven knows he won't shut up)? I admire your trust in the human condition. I expect he will ignore the throwdown altogether and pretend that all he's implied is sweetness and light

Such is the general and predictable manner of those beneath contempt

Fitz
edit on 24-6-2012 by Fitzgibbon because: typo

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

Since you seem so knowledgeable about all things Mason...

Then you know very well that for every bad mason, and being a human construct, masonry has some... There are many hundreds who quietly, without fanfare, nor hope of acknowledgment, quietly go about helping their fellow man. They do it, because they must. To not help would be tantamount to heresy, a denial of their God.

edit on 6/24/2012 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
1. all masons declare the three things come before the lodge. Family, GOD , and Country (including it laws). Any mason who puts lodge in front of those obligations is in violation of his oath 3x over.

2. Under the old charges of our order, we where suppose to attend church. Every Sunday unless health fail us. Like as in going to church. at the time it was formed in England, that would be the Anglican Church. no some masonic chapel or something.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jamjar

Jamjar, I love everyone including you. I love your coolheadedness and the fact that you haven't hurled any insults towards a low life cowan.

Honestly though, what do you expect? Read the secret societies board disclaimer REALLY carefully. This should answer your question. I'm on what is definitely the most well attended, closest and most fairly moderated conspiracy theory website on the net and I am including research and knowledge that has been a large part of my personal reading.

What the masons here fail to see is that I'M NOT HERE TO ATTACK YOU. I'm here to do my part to expose something that has caused much sorrow in the world. You guys feel that everything here is personal so you respond (not you jamjar) with insults. I've seen the words: "prick", "tiny minds", "idiot", and on and on used to describe people like myself.

As someone with a college education and a high level position in my field, these attacks really hurt, especially because it is such a cheap way to discredit someone.

I'm here talking about an EXTREMELY SERIOUS TOPIC like child abuse, satanic ritual abuse, and rape because it HAPPENS EVERY DAY AND IS COVERED UP MUCH OF THE TIME. There are over 100,000 missing children. Even the parents of the first every "milk carton" kid came out and said that their kid was abducted by secret societies.

Can't you see that the world is in such crisis that EDUCATED yet COMMON folk are feeling an urge to change things? You guys should see everyone coming here clearly frustrated by masonry and government as a symptom of something truly awful happening.

So next time you tell me to "let it be", think about what you're asking. The freedom fighters here are the few people in the world who even give enough of a damn to research and talk about it.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I was waiting for this lie to come out. I'd like to hear what Lodge he was a member of and when he was initiated. Plus, the Grand Lodge would have condemned him for his actions if he was actually a Mason.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Those things hardly happen every day within masonry. The very few times members have commited hanus crimes they were expelled and brought to justice with the law.

KSig said it best. If we are to be held accountable for the bad deeds of a few masons through out the course of history then non masons are to be held accountable for the bad deeds of all other non masons.

The brush you paint with is too broad.
edit on 24-6-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: S and g

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

reply to post by W3RLIED2

If you expect guests and you have a foul odor in your house you spray flowery scents to mask it. That's what all the "we do great works", "we build better men" stuff is. It's nothing more than an insider's club with claims of vast resources of gold and silver among other treasures. I.E. MATERIAL WEALTH.

One wonders if both he, and his mentor and coverup accomplice, Coach Joe Paterno, are Freemasons.

I am afraid your reading comprehension skills are only out masked by your knowledge of masonry.

Either prove that Jerry Sandusky is a mason, or be a good little boy and admit you were wrong. Again.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Illuminati The Freemasonry and Zionism

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

If you expect guests and you have a foul odor in your house you spray flowery scents to mask it.

Get your Glade out.

Jeff had nothing to gain in this life by being baptized; he had everything to gain in the next life. He was baptized for the same reason anyone else is baptized. In the light of the Bible, he surveyed his life and concluded that he needed to be saved.

...I last saw him when we studied together the day before Thanksgiving. He was in good spirits. He led a prayer and gave me a Thanksgiving card, expressing his gratitude to me for studying the Bible with him.

Jeff was beginning to embrace the Christian spirit. His father and several pen pals saw a major transformation in who he was after he became a Christian. source

That wonderful Hallmark moment being so emtionally described is Minister Roy Ratcliff, of the Mandrake Road Church of Christ in Wisconsin, waxing poetic about the baptism of his new pal Jeff.

Jeffrey Dahmer that is.

Rapist, murderer, cannibal and apparently, Born Again Christian. They seem to let everyone in Heaven these days.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
At the risk of being ignored again I would like to ask an honest question, if I may....

what role has she/women/woman have in your lodges?
Why only men in your lodges?

I haven't read anything that explains that yet, can someone here answer this?

Passionate bickering seems to flavour these types of threads, and that alone is intriguing for such, self professed peace loving faithful individuals from all sides.

Just curious....

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Women are welcome to attend lodge dinners, and any of the masonic bodies that allow women to join. In the States the main group of women are members of the Order of the Eastern Star.

Women cant join a Masonic lodge because its a fraternal organization. Its for men only, at least in the states. There are Continental lodges that accept women as Masons, and the teachings are similar. They are considered irregular though.
edit on 24-6-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: I pads blow

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join