It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry renounced by hundreds of (Christian) Barbadians

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Freemasonry teaches that masonry alone is one's guarantee for Heaven without any intervention by Jesus Christ.

Is that so? Maybe you can quote me the specific portion of the ritual that says this.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Yeah who was that wise ass who said ' i like your christ, but i do not like your christians. Christians are so unlike christ. '

I forget his name. Some stupid heathen.

So you'd prefer to believe a 'stupid wise ass' that knows nothing of Christ?

"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." Matthew 10:34

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Its called sarcasm.

Id follow in the footsteps of Ghandi if i was able. He was a man of more strength than myself, however.

I follow the way of my religion, you follow yours. Ill worry about my own soul, i suggest you do the same.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Is that so? Maybe you can quote me the specific portion of the ritual that says this.

How about this?

"The true Mason is not creedbound. He realizes with the divine illumination of his lodge that as a Mason his religion must be universal: Christ, Buddha or Mohammed, the name means little, for he recognizes only the light and not the bearer. He worships at every shrine, bows before every altar, whether in temple, mosque or cathedral, realizing with his truer understanding the oneness of all spiritual truth." Manly P. Hall, 33rd, The Lost Keys of Freemasonry, page 65, Macoy Publishing and Masonic Supply Co. Richmond, Va.,1976.

"We do not undervalue the importance of any Truth. We utter no word that can be deemed irreverent by anyone of any faith. ...And as little do we tell the sincere Christian that Jesus of Nazareth was but a man like us, or His history but the unreal revival of an older legend." Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma, page 524.
link

It sounds to me like one doesn’t need Jesus Christ to get into heaven…apparently belief in Buddha or Mohammed will suffice!

That’s not what the Holy Bible teaches, is it? Bit of a contradiction, no??

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by emptyOmind

Not sure what you expect, when the majority of those threads are merely blatant attacks upon a group of people who do far more good than bad.

The Masonic order is repeatedly slammed by people who, when pressed, prove beyond little shadow of doubt that they actually know nothing of masonry. It's little surprise when actual masons show up to defend that which, in reality, needs little defending.

The masons herein have proven, time and again, that they are a very tolerant group, yet are also human...kick 'em often enough, and they'll kick back.

...and no, I'm not a mason. I merely recognize the very real good that they, through their good works, do for the world at large.
edit on 6/24/2012 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

How about this?

...Manly P. Hall, 33rd...

Nope, sorry. This is not from the ritual and Hall wrote that decades prior to becoming a Mason.

...Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma, page 524.

Nope, sorry again. This is not part of the ritual and is only Pike's opinion.

Try using the ritual like I asked because that is where all the Masoinc 'teaching' comes from.

edit on 24-6-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

figure I'd better use the mod tags on this one...

I find it amusingly ironic that people who wouldn't, and rightfully so, tolerate an attack on their belief systems will do just that when confronted by a group that teaches tolerance in all things, especially religion...

Amusing, no?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Indeed.

I scratch my head in this forum a lot.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Its convenient to hide behind the 'secret' rituals, huh? When I produce evidence you just dismiss it by attacking the source. 

Go play in your fraternity and pretend like you're important. If you think it's your key to salvation that's your mistake to make. Personally I don't give a crap what others choose to do with their lives.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator
Yes I might have came to conclusions with biased information from the internet.
Although, I started the phrases with "IN MY PERSONAL VIEW" and "I FEEL", this usually inclines that it is merely an opinion based point of view and I know it is.

In other words, you will not start any sentence with "I know". Thanks you. 'Feelings' and 'personal views' are of no consequence when discerning what is

Why are you looking for an informed response if you already know what I know?

I don't know what you know. I'm trying to determine its perameters. Thanks you for demonstrating that they are of smaller dimension than I might've surmised

We are both fools and truth is just a point of view for us.

In the larger view, perhaps so. However insofar as Masonry is concerned, don't be too afraid to admit being bested

And my views on elitism stands, this is purely a character trait based on personal experience.

I'm sorry if you've run into Masons who've struck you as 'elitist'. They're not living up to what Masonry is supposed to stand for and on their behalf I apologise. They should know better

You have nothing to learn from my knowledge on masonry.
I just try my best to see good from the bad and masonry doesn't feel like a positive thing towards human evolution and civilization.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Masonry is a means to an end in terms of improvement of the human condition but it doesn't have a hammerlock on the accomplishment any more than any other approach does. If you find another approach that accomplishes the same ends, pursue it by all means and I'll meet you in Heaven

Fitz

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Its convenient to hide behind the 'secret' rituals, huh? When I produce evidence you just dismiss it by attacking the source.

Let me help you out, I will even use one of the Jesus-nutter websites so you can feel comfortable knowing it is coming from someone who thinks like you.

The ritual used by Nevada is nearly the same as what we use here in New Jersey. It has all the 'secrets' included so feel free to show me where in the ritual the allegation you made earlier is located.

Go play in your fraternity and pretend like you're important.

I am not the one telling people how to lead their lives and acting self-righteously important.

Now stop making excuses and get to reading and let us all know what you find in there or do I have to send you a pop-up version of the ritual?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

I am a very charitable man to everyone.

I never implied that you were not.

Your all caps (screaming) means nothing to the non-Christian Masons.  They pray to whomever they wish and I'll pray to whoever I wish.  It just so happens I pray to the Christian God.  You're preaching of damnation does little to sway me.  Your comprehension skills seem to be wanting and I doubt you'll ever get it.

I'm not accepting that other gods exist, I'm tolerating that other people have different opinions and ideologies. Nor have I said accept their beliefs as equivalent. Now you're trying to put words in my mouth.  Freemasonry doesn't teach anything of religion.

Who is fooling who? Of course you are accepting that other 'gods' exist - as you stated previously, Freemasonry teaches that people of other faiths can obtain salvation. By whom I ask? There is only one name under Heaven by which we can be saved. Does Freemasonry teach that name as Yahushua/Jesus? Of course not. Your argument fails because you believe what Freemasonry teaches - that those who are not Faithful to Jesus can be saved.
"Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son." (2 John 9)

Not only does Freemasonry teach that all false gods are actually God by another name, Freemasonry applies teachings of eternal life to all Masons, with or without faith in Jesus Christ. You, sir, therefore deny Jesus. You deny the very words of the inspired scripture that states categorically that Christ Jesus is that name!

Keeping me out?  How do you know that God plans on not allowing me to enter Heaven?  I thought it was the Almighty's duty to judge us, not mans.  I find it highly blasphemous that you think you know what God thinks of me.  Our relationship is private and I need not justify it to anyone.

No where did I ever state that you would not be allowed into the Kingdom of God. That is not my place nor role. But I have every right to call you out in your lies and muddled logic. You claim and insist that Freemasonry is compatible with faith in Christ which is such an easily proved lie that it's becoming quite obvious.

You are the forked tongue, the wolf in sheep's clothing.  Freemasonry says to follow our individual faith, for me it's Christianity and I believe that my faith will take me to a glorious hereafter.  Freemasonry doesn't preach salvation, it just says to be a man of faith.

You twist your own words. Freemasonry teaches that men of ALL faiths can obtain salvation with or without faith in Jesus. Therefore you deny the very words of scripture. Freemasonry teaches that the pagan can obtain salvation, that the witch can obtain salvation, that the Muslim can obtain salvation - provided that they worship a 'supreme deity'. 

I don't reject the sovereignty of God, just man's rule who thinks they can use God to coerce people to follow their rule.  I reject the twisting of God's Word for immoral acts.

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob set the rules. He has made abundantly clear that there is only one name under Heaven by which we can be saved. Do you therefore sit there next to your fellow Muslim Freemason or Jewish Freemason and smirk, thinking that you alone are saved and that they are not? Or do you believe Freemasonry's teachings that they too worship the same 'god' and without Jesus, have salvation?

You can scream it all day long that I reject Christ, doesn't mean its true.  You are lying and breaking a Commandment of God.  I have distaste for you because of what you've said, not because your phony notion.  I am a Christian and you're not going to tell me any different.

I don't have to say it. "Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son." (2 John 9)

You want to make this about me. You have 'distaste' for me because I abide in the Truth and because of that, it makes you uncomfortable. You cannot handle anyone questioning your Freemasonry beliefs because you know that they are incompatible with the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Instead of recognising the Holy Spirit convicting you, you will choose to fight it and to believe their dogma over what your God tells and commands you. Hate me all you want for I do not care.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Damn it AM, there you go again doing people favors in return for pestering! How dare you!

Im looking forward to the part when readers find our satanic sacrifices.... We are busted.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Let me help you out, I will even use one of the Jesus-nutter websites so you can feel comfortable knowing it is coming from someone who thinks like you.

So let me get this straight...a person claiming to be a mason (you) who is supposedly tolerant of all religions (
) is going to use the term "Jesus-nutter"?

Wow!

I think you proved my point...freemasonry and Christianity aren't compatible.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I like it when they call Lucifer the morning star.
It generally refers to a character who lingers in Ignorance, Tyranny, and Fanaticism until "The Light Of The Mystery DAWNS ON HIM!"

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

So let me get this straight...a person claiming to be a mason (you) who is supposedly tolerant of all religions (
) is going to use the term "Jesus-nutter"?

Yes, because that is exactly what the Ephesians website is.

No, if you want to prove your point you are going to have to read the ritual I linked and show me where it says what you claimed.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Freemasonry teaches that men of ALL faiths can obtain salvation with or without faith in Jesus.

There is no mention of salvation in Masonic ritual.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
Now stop making excuses and get to reading and let us all know what you find in there or do I have to send you a pop-up version of the ritual?

Methinks that a pop-up version would be no more effective than any other version. Hatred begets hatred regardless

Fitz

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Do you not find it odd that many thousands of Christians, not to mention other faiths, find masonry extremely compatible?

Are all of them deluded, and/or evil? I think not.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Truly how can one know? It seems that Masonry only allows this train of thought to exist in order to better associate themselves with the lingering faiths.

The Devil's Greatest Trick Was To Make Believe He Was Your Friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join