It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christ's History ~ Why the Delay In Recording It?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Was jesus sent for the world ? Or the lost sheep of the house of israel?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Not only the delay, but with the central message being salvation, why are 18 years missing from the life of the sole individual capable of bringing salvation..?

There are many many questions that do not add up in the Bible and in no particular order;

Phoenician beliefs and stories form central themes of the Septuagint, and origin of Judeo - Christian Beliefs. The three wise men are Zoroastrians, from where Hebrew monotheistic religion originates from. The Hebrew alphabet, Greek, Roman and Cyrillic among others all originate from Phoenician and Proto Canaanite alphabet and took their stories, myths and beliefs as well.

Until the captivity in Babylon, Judeo beliefs were pluralistic gods and goddesses, while in Babylon Jewish beliefs assumed many aspects of the Phoenician and Zoroastrian religions. When Cyrus the Great, an Iranian King freed the Jews from Babylon they took these beliefs with them to the promised land.

When the New testament was being formed by Emperor Constantine and Roman religious leadership they absorbed many of practices and beliefs as well, just like Jews in Babylon and Phoenicia. Many of these practices and beliefs were formed over the next thousand years, folded into the New testament as they were voted on by religious leaders and kings of empires.

The role Christ played in the New testament changes over time; he is man, then god, then demi god...it fluctuates over time and how religious leaders wanted to portray him and the Bible was edited to reflect those changes over thousands of years.

The Book of revelations borrows heavily from Sibylline texts, these are books incredibly popular in Rome for 500 years before Christ was born. As the Bible replaced competing religions the books and codex's of many were destroyed to eliminate competition and also bury origin of many books in bible including source of Revelations.

edit on 23-6-2012 by GouWangKhan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by iIuminaIi

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by iIuminaIi

Don't laugh because you stumbled on a remez, that's the point. What was the lesson in the parable of the vineyard? And did the OT prophets ever declare the Messiah's mission would also be to the "nations"??

I don't know, Please explain

I linked it, you figure it out: Here.

Still waiting for that Y or N answer to my question pertaining to whether or not the OT prophets said the Messiah's mission would also include the nations or not? (Isaiah 42 & 49)

edit on 23-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

Yes and yes.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiodanoBruno

Originally posted by aaaiii
As believer in the man, Christ, I have often wondered why his faithful waited 100 years or more to record an historical record of his life.

If he was such an important figure, performed miracles, spoke profoundly on life, was the son of God, why was there such a long period of time between his death and the actual record of his history?

If he was such an important figure why did his disciples not record everything he said and did while he was alive?

Was he possibly made into a more important figure ex post facto to suit the needs of a burgeoning Church?

They didn't. He was crucified in 32 AD and the last NT book, Revelation was finished in 95-96 AD. Paul was martyred about 62-64 AD in Rome under the reign of Nero. Where did you get these 100 years number at?

Other than biblical scriptures ,what other hellenistic source mentions jesus being crucified ?

Dude, you can Google that.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Don't laugh because you stumbled on a remez, that's the point. What was the lesson in the parable of the vineyard? And did the OT prophets ever declare the Messiah's mission would also be to the "nations"??

I don't know, Please explain

I linked it, you figure it out: Here.

Still waiting for that Y or N answer to my question pertaining to whether or not the OT prophets said the Messiah's mission would also include the nations or not? (Isaiah 42 & 49)

I don't have the answer , explain to me what is it about ?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'm nonreligious, but from an historical perspective it's most likely that a person named Jesus was nothing more than one of many people claiming divinity and being murdered for it. There's, as I've said in other threads, more historical evidence of John the Baptist's existence than of Jesus Christ.

From a pragmatic perspective; illiteracy.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

As believer in the man, Christ, I have often wondered why his faithful waited 100 years or more to record an historical record of his life.

If he was such an important figure, performed miracles, spoke profoundly on life, was the son of God, why was there such a long period of time between his death and the actual record of his history?

If he was such an important figure why did his disciples not record everything he said and did while he was alive?

Was he possibly made into a more important figure ex post facto to suit the needs of a burgeoning Church?

They didn't. He was crucified in 32 AD and the last NT book, Revelation was finished in 95-96 AD. Paul was martyred about 62-64 AD in Rome under the reign of Nero. Where did you get these 100 years number at?

Other than biblical scriptures ,what other hellenistic source mentions jesus being crucified ?

suuure

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

If you can't read it and figure it out I doubt you'd grasp it if I said the same thing the link did. It's like. 2.5 out of 10 on the difficulty scale.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

If you can't read it and figure it out I doubt you'd grasp it if I said the same thing the link did. It's like. 2.5 out of 10 on the difficulty scale.

Nevermind......

What version of the bible do you read?
edit on 23-6-2012 by iIuminaIi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

suuure

Sorry, I usually refuse to cater to lazy people on forums. Call me jaded over the years.

*shrugs shoulders*

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Nevermind......

What's it matter? The lesson is in every Bible version. I linked it even for you on the previous page. What is the lesson of that parable? Do the OT prophets speak of the Messiah's mission inclding the Gentiles/nations?

These are basic Qs. Baby steps.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Nevermind......

What's it matter? The lesson is in every Bible version. I linked it even for you on the previous page. What is the lesson of that parable? Do the OT prophets speak of the Messiah's mission inclding the Gentiles/nations?

These are basic Qs. Baby steps.

What version of the bible you always reffer/read ? Baby question and easy to answer

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
From the Forged Origins of the New Testament by Tony Bushby
Constantine's intention at Nicaea was to create an entirely new god for his empire who would unite all religious factions under one deity. Presbyters were asked to debate and decide who their new god would be. Delegates argued among themselves, expressing personal motives for inclusion of particular writings that promoted the finer traits of their own special deity. Throughout the meeting, howling factions were immersed in heated debates, and the names of 53 gods were tabled for discussion. "As yet, no God had been selected by the council, and so they balloted in order to determine that matter... For one year and five months the balloting lasted..." (God's Book of Eskra, Prof. S. L. MacGuire's translation, Salisbury, 1922, chapter xlviii, paragraphs 36, 41).
At the end of that time, Constantine returned to the gathering to discover that the presbyters had not agreed on a new deity but had balloted down to a shortlist of five prospects: Caesar, Krishna, Mithra, Horus and Zeus (Historia Ecclesiastica, Eusebius, c. 325). Constantine was the ruling spirit at Nicaea and he ultimately decided upon a new god for them. To involve British factions, he ruled that the name of the great Druid god, Hesus, be joined with the Eastern Saviour-god, Krishna (Krishna is Sanskrit for Christ), and thus Hesus Krishna would be the official name of the new Roman god. A vote was taken and it was with a majority show of hands (161 votes to 157) that both divinities became one God. Following longstanding heathen custom, Constantine used the official gathering and the Roman apotheosis decree to legally deify two deities as one, and did so by democratic consent. A new god was proclaimed and "officially" ratified by Constantine (Acta Concilii Nicaeni, 1618). That purely political act of deification effectively and legally placed Hesus and Krishna among the Roman gods as one individual composite. That abstraction lent Earthly existence to amalgamated doctrines for the Empire's new religion; and because there was no letter "J" in alphabets until around the ninth century, the name subsequently evolved into "Jesus Christ"
This happened in 325 AD, thus, how did the calandar start? Plus, several Popes have referred to Christianity as a Fable.
Doc

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by aaaiii

The existing manuscripts show evidence of having been compiled from earlier sources that no longer exist.

Most of the documents are letters, many have clear authenicity.

The 'church' at first was a small Jewish sect that even Roman historians knew little about.

There was no organized institutional 'church' until about 300 AD.

"earlier sources that no longer exist"......

That could be like me saying and posting here at ATS that I saw a huge fleet of flying saucers but I don't have any pictures..... you'll just have to believe me.

And later, say 150 years from now, someone will take my written story and its countless verbal re-tellings by drugged up UFO'ists and attach pictures to it and embellish what I had to say. And later someone else will take my story and that other story and countless verbal re-tellings and claim it was their great grandfather who wrote the second account, add other pictures and descriptions and witnesses, etc. and others re-tellings will continue to be embellished and retold, etc. and so on and on and on. Eventually someone will have enough material to create a "special book", a "Bible if you will, with tales of other sightings by highly regarded individuals and verified by others, etc.

Finally about 500 years a whole new religion, complete with very sincere and angelic looking men, wearing robes of red corduroy and tall bulbous hats (trimmed with gold ribbon) on their heads, will declare me to have been a Saint or even an extraterrestrial being who attempted to enlighten the masses with the "truth"......

....and all that because the sources, from which the eventual religion, the myth was created, never existed in the first place...

...yup, it's amazing what hundreds of years does to a verbal re-telling of a highly suspect story to begin with, can and does morph into.....

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

No, no, this isn't how this works. You don't get to machine gun Qs at me while refusing to answer my Qs, sorry. What lesson did you learn from reading the parble? And what does Isaiah 42 & 49 say about the Messiah's mission? Jews only or also Gentiles?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamNob0dy
Help!

What is the religion of jesus christ ?

The Religion of Jesus Christ is the religion of "moses"...

Have you made it to Mark 7 yet? He chastizes the Pharisees for nullifying the COMMAND (singular) of God by their traditions. The Hebrews broke the first covenant in Exodus 24.

How so? tell me more

How so? They entered the covenant in Exodus 20 when they agreed to God's commamds and Moses sprinkled the blood on them and by Exodus 24 they were dancing naked around a golden calf. Lol

COMPLETELY broken covenant.

Good ! BUT LMAO

Tell me about this :

Wow

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Healthlaws

Do you realize the daily minutes are availible from the Nicaean Council? They didn't vote to make Jesus God at Nicaea. The voted on how to DEFINE His deity.

Where does this crap come from?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

suuure

Sorry, I usually refuse to cater to lazy people on forums. Call me jaded over the years.

*shrugs shoulders*

Here's one of your sites.
www.pleaseconvinceme.com...
Don't see crap here that proves jesus existed. Unless you blindly believe Josepus .

*finger*

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Healthlaws

Do you realize the daily minutes are availible from the Nicaean Council? They didn't vote to make Jesus God at Nicaea. The voted on how to DEFINE His deity.

Where does this crap come from?

You nor I know what they voted on exactly. You Blindly believe on human gossip.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join