It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Partisan shills using ATS forum as a campaign site for their candidate of choice.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach

There are TONS of threads I see on a daily basis that I don't agree with. 99% of them I don't even comment on. The ones that I do, the majority of the time I merely express my viewpoint and then leave the thread. I'd rather weigh in on threads/subjects that I agree with. I care more about discussion than debate.

That's called trolling to me! If you only post on posts you agree with then what's the point? I care more about discussion too and my questions are not being answered, even if they have to do with Mitt Romney/ who by the way is just a man.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Tardis,
It does not "need" to be a two-party system. You are seriously so inundated. Popular vote is popular vote. It doesn't need to be more than half the popular vote. If three candidates run and 2 of them each get 33% and one gets 34% then he has achieved the majority of the vote.

And I have not thrown my support behind anyone. Not sure if I will. No one has stood out to me. I won't support someone "just because." I have principles.

Your math just proved my point. That means 66% of the nation does not support the guy that was elected. Thats not a good thing for this country. Am I the only one that grasps that?

And as you well know. Supporting no one and not voting is easily a vote for the Incumbent.
edit on 21-6-2012 by TheTardis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Changing course back to the original path.

I am one who wants to defend my position. But like the OP, I'm not going to name names. If I do, prove it right or wrong either way. Aint gonna happen because that's the way WE set up the system.

It's called a voting booth. Kinda like your bedroom. Who you choose is your business.

Ultimately, who I want in my corner is my business. No one else's at this point in the "election". My candidate is the best one I ever found who can help represent me well and I know has my best interests in mind. The other side of that coin is just as true because, among other things, my skills and knowledge I have in all facets of my life preceded this election. They stand alone and get me by just as they have for many years. It just so happens that this candidate is a very good fit in that I don't need to help him/her, and they don't have to help me to get our respective jobs done. We're both skilled in our own ways and know how to get things done. Really, we've been doing it alone for years now. ( My candidate is on an Independent ticket by the way) But the fact if the matter is, and everyone knows this, that it's always good to have people in your corner who understand you. This is how people get ahead in life. It's as simple as that. When you find a candidate who is on the same page as you, you go with it. Regardless of what the other voters think.

This is why I don't really pay attention to who the other voters want. my mind is made up and, unless my candidate drops out the race, I'm going with my instincts on this one. I've ignored them in the past and wound up voting for the one's who ended up not keeping their promises. Among other things. Let that be a lesson to all the other voters out there: Go with your gut. Right or wrong, at least you were true to yourself. You didn't bow to outside pressure, ending up settling for second best that ultimately let you down.

That's what the majority has been doing for years now, and look where it's gotten them.

edit on 21-6-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This rant is really starting to border political agendas here, but non the less, I think I would like to chime in and add a rant of my own along the same lines.

All I hear about is, this party and that party, lets have 2, no lets have 3, why not 4. All parties are the same. They all have balloons, they all have dancing, they all have drinks and snacks, and they all require someone to clean up the mess left behind. I, for one, am sick and tired of all the inflated promises(balloons), the Skirting around the important issues(dancing), the token advancements(drinks and snacks), the spending of half the electeds term recuperating from the last(cleaning up). But most of all I am sick and tired of the flow of money used to do all this while our Country continues to slide into the curb.

I say stop the money sucking parties all together. Instead, discuss the number of votings. My suggestion is, All people desiring to run for office campaign for a year while their qualifications and history are gone through with a fine toothed comb(instead of after they are elected) then the people vote and the top 6 get to move to round 2. Those 6 campaign for 3 months and the voters drop it down to the top 4, 3 more months, then down to 2. Then the final 2 candidates campaign for the remaining 6 months until the public vote is made and 51% of the votes are needed.

I understand this is, in a way, done within the parties but its all about the "Right Wing" vrs the "Left Wing" and the agendas therefrom. let them all be independent and address the concerns of the people, not the companies. I also think that the elected must stand responsible for broken promises. This goes for every level of Government. There should never be a majority House/Senate as they stand for agendas, not the cries of the people.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

And jjf3rd77, you think you are not a troll? Well it appears that on at least one occasion ATS has ruled otherwise.

Evidence

I was reading this thread with interest, then came across this post and literally LMFAO

BUSTED

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
reply to post by shaluach

Is your goal in life to just attack everyone while not really joining in on any constructive discussion?

No. But pot, meet kettle. And I think you need to look. This is the RANT forum. I came here to rant. I reserve constructive discussion for other topics/forums where it is warranted. If you don't like my rant or the fact that I ranted on a rant forum, then ignore it. Pretty simple.

I have joined in on plenty of "constructive discussions," thank you very much.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Your math just proved my point. That means 66% of the nation does not support the guy that was elected. Thats not a good thing for this country. Am I the only one that grasps that?

So? I think it's a perfectly fine thing. Also who is to say that in a three-way election that one candidate won't get say 52% of the vote leaving the other 48 to be split amongst the other two. A three-way election does NOT mean that one candidate won't get the majority of the vote.

And as you well know. Supporting no one and not voting is easily a vote for the Incumbent.

That's not true at all. Your argument is as absurd as the people who say that voting third party is like taking votes away from one of the candidates. People can vote how they wish. Also, having the right to vote also means having the right to ABSTAIN from voting.

Also I never said that I wouldn't support someone or that I wouldn't end up voting for anyone. I'm just not a Partisanbot who knows who he is going to vote for based on party affiliations like some people.
edit on 6/21/12 by shaluach because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Exactly, Taupin. In regard to TheTardis asking me who I am going to vote for, as I said I don't know. And indeed I may not find any candidates suitable. But when/if I do make up my mind it's my personal choice. I'm not going to broadcast it from the rooftops, which is what so many partisanbots want to do. "I voted for Romney!" "I voted for Obama!" "Ron Paul 2012!" like they want some special attention.

My vote, if any, will be my choice. I feel no need to inform the general public on who I voted for.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

That's called trolling to me!

Then you don't know what trolling is. You think that trolling is commenting on posts you agree with?! LMAO.

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]"

Trolling

If you only post on posts you agree with then what's the point?

The point is I do my best not to troll posts on the internet. I try not to get into petty arguments that bear no fruit. I like to discuss ideas, not debate. Most people, when you disagree with them, can't handle it and go for the jugular. No thanks. I'm over the age of 10. Trolling isn't on my list of interests.

Hope that answers your question.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

reply to post by woodwardjnr

Again, I'm not a Ron Paul supporter. Try again.

Never said you were. why so defensive?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I'm not defensive in the least bit. You originally said:

Anyone who has an alternative viewpoint to Ron Paul who makes a comment is labelled a shill or disinfo agent. I was labelled a shill today for simply defending the health service in my country.

I specifically used the term shill in my OP so that led me to believe you were implying that I was a Ron Paulbot. If you were I was pointing out that I am not. If that was not your intention, then OK. Moving on.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
All I can say is, if you don't like partisan topics then don't post in the political forum.

If you want to come to a mutual understanding then you have to take part in the left/right paradigm to get the so-called shills to see your side of the story. From that knowledge they will be able to see where you stand politically. This will happen over time, cause your new you will get there eventually

If you don't like the pro-republican/pro-democrat topics. What are you doing in the political section? That's why it's labelled 2012 US Elections!!!!!
edit on 21-6-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Yes, well you would want to shut the people up by suggesting we stay off of political threads. Most of the time I do, but when I blatantly see false information (especially people acting like Romney and Obama are different) then I sometimes weigh in.

Of course in the same vein, then, if you don't like people calling out partisan shills such as yourself, then stay off those threads also. It works both ways, bub.

Oh and the politics and election sections of this page are NOT strictly for Republicans and Democrats. So I have every right to be in the political and election forums. Just because I don't buy into your two-party system doesn't mean I'm not interested in politics or the elections.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

If you don't like the pro-republican/pro-democrat topics. What are you doing in the political section? That's why it's labelled 2012 US Elections!!!!!

Yea well all I can say is if you don't like Ron Paul, why do you always seem to show up and troll every Ron Paul thread? Doesn't seem to stop you, so why should he be held to a double standard?

Does it blow your mind that people actually like Ron Paul and start threads on him the same way you push your BS about Mitt Romney, the puppet nominee. It's not only Ron Paul supporters who don't support the status quo, it's basically everyone else on this website besides a handful of highly vocal partisans... oh yea, and probably ALL of the 97% of America that doesn't vote because its disgusted with the system. IMO you have to be stupid to support Romney or Obama, I'd say the same thing if I wasn't a Ron Paul supporter, if I was a Johnson supporter or a freaking cookie monster supporter.

Really its been quite the spectacle to watch a handful of Romney and Obama supporters try to troll everything Ron Paul on ATS in a fervent attempt to disguise the truth, which is that most people who have heard of Ron Paul support him and that Romney and Obama supporters are a minority among informed voters.

Go to a Ron Paul forum, then go to the Mitt Romney forum and observe the difference. "Centrist", lol what a joke.
edit on 21-6-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Yes, well you would want to shut the people up by suggesting we stay off of political threads. Most of the time I do, but when I blatantly see false information (especially people acting like Romney and Obama are different) then I sometimes weigh in.

Of course in the same vein, then, if you don't like people calling out partisan shills such as yourself, then stay off those threads also. It works both ways, bub.

Oh and the politics and election sections of this page are NOT strictly for Republicans and Democrats. So I have every right to be in the political and election forums. Just because I don't buy into your two-party system doesn't mean I'm not interested in politics or the elections.

I never told you to get off the threads, specifically. I asked what you are doing there if you don't like the pro-republican/pro democrat threads. Romney and Obama are both different you thinking otherwise is showing your true colors. I have made many threads pointing out the false labels Romney is getting and yet, people still call me a troll, without objectively looking at the facts! I doubt you'll do the same, because as you've stated you only post and talk to people you agree with.

you do have every right to go on the threads again, I never told you to get off. But you are calling me a political shill. You made this thread in response to a thread of mine about Mitt Romney, you posted a link to this thread in my thread. I have every right to defend my position just as much as you have yours!

You are failing to look at this objectively and your posts are making that clear. You may not believe in some candidate but I highly doubt you don't have some type of agenda, because weather you like it or not. You DO fall into the left/right paradigm, unless your political beliefs are so out of whack that they cannot even compute.

If you make a thread about your political beliefs i'll happily tell you what you are.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Go to a Ron Paul forum, then go to the Mitt Romney forum and observe the difference. "Centrist", lol what a joke.

I do and they are basically the same! Spreading anti-Romney stuff on both threads. Or saying how Obama and Romney are the same. Or of course, spreading Ron Paul talking points/videos of Ron Paul actually talking.

Some people tell me I do have another choice Mitt Romney is not the last person running!!!! Some people yell at me, some people tell me to wake up, others tell me to get off like the OP here.

There's no difference it's still partisan only from a different perspective

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Or saying how Obama and Romney are the same.

That's not just Ron Paul people, that's almost EVERYBODY in America. Most of them are just too pissed off to vote or care anymore.

Some people tell me I do have another choice Mitt Romney is not the last person running!!!! Some people yell at me, some people tell me to wake up, others tell me to get off like the OP here.

That's why people are telling you to wake up, because you have to be blind to not see whats happening here. Your guy is bought and paid for.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Oh ok. By saying that you WEREN'T telling me to stay off the threads? Riiiight. OK well if you are so against my post then why are you on it? See it's still a double standard.

And my "true colors" are showing? And what is that? That I'm a Ron Paul supporter?

I didn't call you a political shill. I called you a PARTISAN shill, which you ARE! You are a die-hard Republican. Mitt Romney rah rah rah and all that shyte.

And how funny. I disagree with you and I am the failing to look at this objectively? You, sir, are the king of the ad hominems. I don't need you to tell me what my political views are. I know what they are.

Finally I am not saying that liberal (left) and conservative (right) views exist or that I don't hold some of those views. But I know those issues are used as DIVISIVE TACTICS to keep people pacified and ignoring what's really going on.

When the NWO finally makes themselves fully known and take over (rather than operate from behind the scenes) everyone will be caught off guard because they were too busy arguing over gay marriage and immigration.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

You are so dishonest it's pathetic. I told you to get off the post because you did the same thing to me. To be partisan means to blindly promote a certain party. Where have I done that? Where have I promoted a party or politician? Show me. SHOW ME! You can't. So your false equivalence argument is debunked (at least in relation to me).

As I said time and time again I am not a Ron Paul supporter.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

When the NWO finally makes themselves fully known and take over (rather than operate from behind the scenes) everyone will be caught off guard because they were too busy arguing over gay marriage and immigration.

Well this quote finally proves to me what you truly are. We believe totally different things. There is nothing more I can say to you. I do agree with the distractions that everyone uses, but what exactly did you want to accomplish with this thread?

Is it not another distraction? Complaining about the partisan shills is not going to solve the problem you originally addressed. your just going to get a bunch of people either agreeing with you or disagreeing with you.

I like to bring balance to the problem, but you apparently don't want balance, you just want people to agree with you and ban anybody you think is a "partisan shill"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join