It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Partisan shills using ATS forum as a campaign site for their candidate of choice.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
"I'll be so glad when the election is over and shills who joined this site just to hype up their candidates crawl back into their holes." - ATS member BlackMarketeer

I agree 100%. While I am a new member to this page (only been on this forum for a week and a half), I have seen so many partisan shills who buy into the two-party system backing their candidates. Clearly this is because an election year, and much like BM states, I hope after the election they abandon this forum en masse and leave it to those of us who want to use this forum for its intended purpose.

You see so many pro-Romney (and even some pro-Obama) posts, or comment sections of threads filled with people defending one or the other as if they weren't the same candidate.

What say you, ATSers? Are you sick of the partisan hacks? Or are you one who wants to defend their position?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

Does Ron Paul count? Seriously this is stupid.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Does Ron Paul count as what? I don't endorse him either. Not all anti-two partiers are Ron Paul supporters. And if you have nothing to add except "this is stupid" then go troll somewhere else. Your comment is a violation of T&C.
edit on 6/21/12 by shaluach because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Yes, Ron Paul is/was a candidate, and the fanatics have used this as a sounding board just like they have for Obama, Romney and whoever else you wanna suggest.

The op clearly makes no distinction and is merely voicing the thoughts of many of us. We get it, you support whoever and everyone else is in league with Satan. do you really need to create 15 ron paul threads a day? 15 romney threads a day? Hell the birther threads still get posted and that's a non story at this point.

So I'm not seeing anything "stupid" about this other than your pointless reply.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
it's not a violation of T&C it's a question, if pro-Ron Paul threads count underneath your banner of Partisan shill. Most supporters of his claim they are not but they are pushing their own agenda too. And I don't see very many Romney threads. But if your going to go into the politics thread, Romney should be talked about because he IS the republican front Runner

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

On ATS, as in anywhere else, really, there are strong backers of the Left, strong backers of the Right, stronger backers of a 3rd Party...

...and then the rest [of us] who seem to have come to the realization they are all the same.
edit on 21-6-2012 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

The op clearly makes no distinction and is merely voicing the thoughts of many of us. We get it, you support whoever and everyone else is in league with Satan. do you really need to create 15 ron paul threads a day? 15 romney threads a day? Hell the birther threads still get posted and that's a non story at this point.

Point me where I make 15 threads in a single day. I am waiting. You're probably just mad I support Romney. It's ok...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Your comment is a violation of T&C.

While I agree that the only stupid thing here was that users post, it's in the rant section and they are usually pretty loose with the off topic rule in here, for good reason.

But, that users comment does provide some food for thought.

You said that you are sick of the partisan bickering and wasted threads, which plenty of us are.

That guy read that to mean you support Ron Paul. It's amazing really, the mental gymnastics on display here lately, just astounding.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

While I did use the word "you" it wasn't actually in reference to you, it was a general term, probably should have been "we". But, feel free to search the political section, there are countless, most of which could be duplicates.

You inferred, out of no where, that the OP only has a problem with everyone but Ron Paul, when in fact, he clearly stated he's sick of the left-right BS bickering.

I don't care who you support, and have never claimed otherwise. Keep up the gymnastics, it's entertaining at least.
edit on 21-6-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Wrong. Saying, "This is seriously stupid" is a violation of T&C. And it was reported as such. If it's not then your comment won't be removed, I guess. We'll find out.

link   
Anyone who has an alternative viewpoint to Ron Paul who makes a comment is labelled a shill or disinfo agent. I was labelled a shill today for simply defending the health service in my country.

link   
This is almost funny because you are the one that jumps in and calls everyone out for believing in the system we have in place. Even though it is the system and thinking that you can create a third party is a pipe dream. And in theory it will not work anyway because then the elected POTUS will only have to have garnered slightly more than 30% of the vote. So only 30% of the country needs to support the president? No longer a majority? And whats awesome about this is that after you get this system going someone just like you will argue with you and call you a sell out because you support the 3 party system instead of a 4 party system because the 3 party system has failed. Its a never ending cycle and all of you that refuse to vote or vote third party know full well it is absolutely a vote for Obama so in a round about way you are helping vote Obama back into office.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Phishy, he's just a partisan hack who came here to troll this thread because he was getting owned on his other pro-Romney thread. Honestly, it's best just to ignore him. He'll go back under the bridge eventually if we do.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Again, I'm not a Ron Paul supporter. Try again.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Wrong. Saying, "This is seriously stupid" is a violation of T&C. And it was reported as such. If it's not then your comment won't be removed, I guess. We'll find out.

He called the thread stupid, or the premise of the thread. That is his opinion and he's free to voice it, and it is actually kind of on topic, at least his question about Ron Paul.

Now if he started targeting the op or users, then it's a T&C violation, but to me, he's in the clear, just not really adding anything of use yet.
===
Anyways, back to the rant.....

It's a politically charged forum and it's an election cycle, it's to be expected, but lately, it's been dominating the site and to me, 1 or two threads per candidate are enough, this endless stream needs to stop.

And with that (and I would have supported Paul if I was an American) lately, it's all Ron freaking Paul guys, go look for yourselves.

Debating and talking about the candidates is one thing, and that's kinda the point of the site. But what the OP is referring to is the cut and paste shilling taking place around here, it's clear as day to those of us who know how to spot it.

ATS should be about debating and discussing, not repeating talking points.

link   

Why do you call everyone trolls who actually see the left/right paradigm everyday in its worse entirety?

Pretending like it doesn't exist, well then you shouldn't belong in the politics section. Go to the aliens thread then.

link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
Even though it is the system and thinking that you can create a third party is a pipe dream. And in theory it will not work anyway

Yay! That's a good partisan hack! Believe the lie that nothing more than the two-party system will ever happen. Buy into their propaganda. Good little sheep. Your corporate masters applaud you. I suppose you believe that the country has always been governed by Dems and Pubs?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Phishy, he's just a partisan hack who came here to troll this thread because he was getting owned on his other pro-Romney thread. Honestly, it's best just to ignore him. He'll go back under the bridge eventually if we do.

Oh trust me my friend I'm quite aware of it, his first post clearly shows the intent, but, lets have some fun while sticking to the topic and within the T&C.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Because you are trolls. You just try to package it like you are not.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach

Does Ron Paul count as what? I don't endorse him either. Not all anti-two partiers are Ron Paul supporters. And if you have nothing to add except "this is stupid" then go troll somewhere else. Your comment is a violation of T&C.
edit on 6/21/12 by shaluach because: (no reason given)

"troll elsewhere"??....you are the one that has signed onto this site just 11 days ago, and has done nothing but "troll"....
so....what do you want?? anarchy? dictator? king?.....my opinion is that you are from another country, and/or are actively trying to destroy our system of government, by claiming our government is all corruption, all the time. frankly, for me, you people are just void of sound and workable ideas.
edit on 21-6-2012 by jimmyx because: context

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join