It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More birthday wishes from forums than humans.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Okay, first let me say that I am a bit of a hermit. I try to avoid people as they piss me off and I have a temper. I avoid bars as I am not a large guy and am often the first to take crap in the room. The last person that messed with me in a bar I hit with a beer bottle so fast it was stupid. Now I avoid bars. I don't like crowds either.

I own my own business that is incredibly public, very high end and I make fantastic money. I seldom work more than four hours in a day but have to be available by phone all day.

Anyway back to the subject of my Rant (I don't expect replies, stars or flags as I live in a world of my own making)

Two things about my life that drives me nuts.

It is hard to meet women. My business primarily caters to couples and families, I don't meet women at work. The few times I do go out I meet women that are after my money or the lifestyle that it affords me. Gold diggers are everywhere.

It is hard to make friends when I don;t go out so reference the above rant lol.

Anyway today I got up it is my 47th. birthday and I had three calls from friends and family (small family), I had 14 messages from various web forums, some that I have not visited for more than five years! It bugs the heck out of me to know that that information is readily available to every single forum I used to register with. It bugs me so much I now use a fake birthday when signing up to forums.

Damn forums remember my name for ten years................

Thanks all better now.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Don't worry, chief. I won't be giving you any stars, flags, or happy birthday wishes. I hope no one tries to buy you a beer!
or it's liable to get smashed over their head.

And internet privacy invasion is the wave of the future. No one likes it anymore than you do.
edit on 19-6-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Scary... The first part of your rant was like looking into a mirror.

I recently had a birthday, but I deleted my Facebook account in January. So, few people actually knew or acknowledged my birthday. But, I don't give a flying crap about my birthday. Haven't in over 13 years, even longer for Christmas.

As time goes on, the number of people you love shrinks versus the amount of people who piss you off. It's the way of the world.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I AM going to wish you a happy birthday. Seriously. Happy birthday.

I hope the day gets better for you.

Bars are good for strange, and very little more. If you want to meet women do so in regular places, you'll find the best ones are there.

What I mean is, strike up a conversation in the produce section, the park, the carwash, etc. That's where the normal people are. Bars and other social establishments tend to have a high concentration of worthless people.

That's just my take on it.

If it makes you feel better my parents ALWAYS forget my birthday. I get well-wishes from my wife and kids, maybe some friends will call if they remember.. But usually it's just another day. I kind of like it that way. =]

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Thanks ( : I do that strike up conversation thing once in a while. They have average interest until they find out what I do, then? They go for the gold lol. Maybe a sausage in my shorts will get them interested for the right reasons lol lol lol lol

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Well, you obviously have a sense of humor, so that's good!!!!
It does suck that you really don't have any privacy anymore.

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you meet the woman of your dreams!!!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
But... forums come from human, right? so technically... those human that made the post count as human beings. I mean, they are no robots, they are no animals (last time I checked)...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

He's probably getting automated e-mails from social websites. Sure, there's a human behind those automations and humans had to make the websites in the first place.

But I know exactly what the OP means about the faceless humans who put on the pretense of wishing us happy birthdays.

I feel your rant-anger, OP!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I just posted a thread that is similar to yours. I don't remember seeing your thread, but maybe subconsciously I did.

I'll give ya an S&F just because while I am not exactly like you...I hear ya.

Oh, and Happy Birthday from one old fart to another!

May your travels be light and carefree.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Thanks for the kind wishes and words! And may you all have a great and wonderful day ( :

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

As for striking up a conversation in normal places with normal people, don't do this. Or then again, maybe you should.

Eric 'Otter' Stratton: Mine's bigger.
[Marion looks questioningly at him]

Eric 'Otter' Stratton: My cucumber. It's bigger. I think vegetables can be very sensuous, don't you?

Marion Wormer: No, vegetables are sensual. People are sensuous.

Eric 'Otter' Stratton: Right. Sensual. That's what I meant. My name's Eric Stratton. People call me Otter.

Marion Wormer: My name's Marion. People call me Mrs. Wormer.

Eric 'Otter' Stratton: Oh, we have a Dean Wormer at Faber.

Marion Wormer: How interesting. I have a husband named Dean Wormer at Faber. Still want to show me your cucumber?

Sorry...couldn't help it.
edit on 19-6-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

top topics

join