It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Bible is the Word of God?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

edit on 18-6-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by DeathbecomesLife

This is all I can say on the matter.

Well, if that's all you have to contribute then I guess your thread is going to die a quicker death than the one hour it will take to bring down Babylon the Great.

Ha!

Even now they are dashed upon the ground!

You did not believe.

link   

Oh... thanks for the clarification on that. The Bible ended, but not the overall message, hopefully. Unless you get entangled in every word till the very end.

link   

Originally posted by DeathbecomesLife

"If the Bible..."

IF

In other words, if you hold this opinion.

If you do not, then I do not have questions for you.

It would not make sense to question you.

You are already acting like you do not believe because you do not believe, and you confess it.

So there is no sense in asking you.

I hate to tell ya this, but it is a discussion forum and even if you propose an IF and that IF has problems, then it gets discussed more so. Especially when the IF caters to a false set of commentary that is blind to the well established defintions for the Bible Narratives.

The Bible was not written by god, but by men. So, unless someone has the dictations from god to these men it doesn't mean much as there exists no proof.

ATS is about seeking the truth, not limiting the conversation into a forced march in the untrue direction.

The Bible in John forged the Trinity concept into the work. Which means god didn't do it, nor did John when he wrote it.

Opps---big problems. How many more?

On ATS, it is perfectly OK to qualify or disqualify your IF as part of the discussions and truth seeking.
edit on 18-6-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Disqualified your IF right quickly

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
I hate to tell ya this, but

You are speaking just to hear yourself speaking.

It is rude to answer a question addressed to someone else.

When I want your opinion, I will come ask about the view from Sumeria.

I was asking why some one believes what they do, or at least says they do.

If you do not believe you cannot answer me from the perspective of a believer.

You are merely speaking out of turn.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

Oh I have read it, don't begin to assume I have not. Apparently you see a different interpretation of the message. Live life as Jesus has taught and be remorseful of your sins and THEN be joyful that you have been forgiven.

You HAVE read the end.

Thank you.

Don't forget to tell others that he comes!

He comes quickly.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

And you have systematically disregarded everyones Belief by stating they don't know or don't believe. Again you only want the answer you want and to heck with others beliefs or understandings. You deny all others in your search for self assurance of your own. You're done and so am I. Have a great one I hope you find truth.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

edit on 18-6-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

And you have systematically disregarded everyones Belief by stating they don't know or don't believe. Again you only want the answer you want and to heck with others beliefs or understandings. You deny all others in your search for self assurance of your own. You're done and so am I. Have a great one I hope you find truth.

No, I just prefer to get to everyone's beliefs one at a time.

Too often when you address a topic to EVERYONE, the whole subject gets trashed by so many opinions.

I prefer to talk with each group on their terms.

Is it ok if I manage my own threads within confines that I can learn?

I am only seeking to understand. The best way I know how.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Please! This is what this is all about? Do you really think a God that's been around since before the beginning of time thinks a couple of thousand years is a long time? This is why the Bible says that God's thoughts are not our thoughts and vice versa. This is also why the Bible says that to God, a thousand years is like a day.

A God that is ever present. Time is irrelevant. You can fly through the story in one day.

Or you can take a whole life time.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

To this I understand and accept. There are many people who come in to trash or distroy threads, it happens all the time. But as I see the answers in this thread they have all been serious answers and questions about your topic. I also understand that you wanted like mind answers and there is nothing wrong with it for sure, most of us do. Unfortunately, the diversity of the people and belief systems makes this objective almost an impossibility. This is what I meant by my last post. Had the answers been obvious trollish posts I could understand but you did actually get a thread of serious people trying to understand your meaning and to me that is a very successful thread.

I did not mean to be rude in my posts, I know sometimes I come across that way. I apologize for my lack of understanding your purpose and the sarcasm I portrayed.
edit on 18-6-2012 by Agarta because: spelling

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

To this I understand and accept. There are many people who come in to trash or distroy threads, it happens all the time. But as I see the answers in this thread they have all been serious answers and questions bout your topic. I also understand that you wanted like mind answers and there is nothing wrong with it for sure, most of us do. Unfortunately, the diversity of the of people and belief systems makes this objective almost an impossibility. This is what I meant by my last post. Had the answers been obvious trollish posts I could understand but you did actually get a thread of serious people trying to understand your meaning and to me that is a very successful thread.

I agree, the replies I received were indeed excellent replies. I don't really hold anyone's opinion over another's.

Here I just wanted to see from a believers perspective on one specific topic.

You provided that...

Thank you.

I did not mean to be rude in my posts, I know sometimes I come across that way. I apologize for my lack of understanding your purpose and the sarcasm I portrayed.

No need for apologies. You have already been forgiven by your Lord. What would my forgiveness be to trump that?

LOL

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
On ATS, it is perfectly OK to qualify or disqualify your IF as part of the discussions and truth seeking.

Now that I have heard clearly from the view of the believer, I can listen to you completely. I will give you my undivided attention in this matter.

You said you were the resident expert on the Annunaki as God is known in Sumeria by your testimony.

So tell me truthfully now, where is this land called Sumeria?

I have not seen it. I have not seen it's people. I have not heard their tales.

Tell me, where on this earth will I find them?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

He builds us a new home where we will be with him forever.

THE END....

Of Sorrows.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

He builds us a new home where we will be with him forever.

THE END....

Of Sorrows.

I will come back to you.

For now, I would like to hear from Sumeria.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

LOL... they are acting like it...

Look up the westboro Baptist Church....

:shk:

Westboro is not one of us, they are all the Phelps family and all they want is to force someone to punch them in the face so they can take camera pix and sue them for money.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Oh, LOL. I get what you're saying now - because the book is finished, we must currently be living in "post-" Bible times, right?

Sorry, that's retarded. I can have a journal of things I plan on doing for the next few months, like a calendar of events, and if someone came in, saw it, and said "Wait, so did you already do everything on this calendar?" I'll tell them the same thing I'm about to tell you-

It hasn't happened yet.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I must say your post is quite stupid and lacks any form of intellect. Another attempt at mockery of the Christain faith. The Bible is the living word of God as given to man, to your point the Bible has a foretold ending, the purpose of the ending being so clearly defined is it provides guidelines for man to live by until Jesus returns and warns of the penalties for not obeying the word of God.

I am a Christain and am getting quite tired of the bashing not only at ATS but by the world in general, it should not surprise me though as this is fully articulated in the book of Revelations as the world speedily falls into utter chaos and immorality. My prayer for you as ponder the responses is that you to allow the word to excite your spirit and draw closer to the meaning of Christainity as detailed by Jesus, no 1 man has impacted the world like Jesus. I ask you not to look at religion but to consider the WORD and I dare you to find fault with the instructions and the message.

The New Testament was a radical departure from the rule of Law inwhich man was destined to fail, Jesus and his death at the cross eliminated the need for the useless laws of the Old Testament and guarnteed all men a pathway and a roadmap to salvation, happiness, financial and physical, spiritual health. You can despise religon, but consider message and the messenger, what is so wrong about the priciple Jesus outlined for happiness.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
Oh, LOL. I get what you're saying now - because the book is finished, we must currently be living in "post-" Bible times, right?

Sorry, that's retarded. I can have a journal of things I plan on doing for the next few months, like a calendar of events, and if someone came in, saw it, and said "Wait, so did you already do everything on this calendar?" I'll tell them the same thing I'm about to tell you-

It hasn't happened yet.

Well if it hasn't happened for you then it hasn't. I cannot do anything about that.

Regradless, the book IS finished and all that is left is to keep the commandments.

I am sorry you are outside with the whore mongers, murderers, idolators, etc. but that seems to be the way you have chosen it to be.

But, where is that representative from Sumeria?

Annunaki! Annunaki!

Nanunanunaki!

edit on 19-6-2012 by DeathbecomesLife because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2012 by DeathbecomesLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeathbecomesLife
If the Bible is the word of God and only the word of God...

Why hasn't anyone finished the book yet?

If you read it to the end, Christ won the battle, he reigns in heaven, he has built us new...

Well read it yourself to find out all that was done.

The point is, once you read the Book to the end, if you believe it, shouldn't you be acting like it?

Despite the claims of mainstream religion, the Bible is not the word of God. Jesus is.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join