It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Bible is the Word of God?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If the Bible is the word of God and only the word of God...

Why hasn't anyone finished the book yet?

If you read it to the end, Christ won the battle, he reigns in heaven, he has built us new...

Well read it yourself to find out all that was done.

The point is, once you read the Book to the end, if you believe it, shouldn't you be acting like it?

edit on 18-6-2012 by DeathbecomesLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DeathbecomesLife

LOL... they are acting like it...

Look up the westboro Baptist Church....

:shk:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

You missed the point of the Bible.

The first part, or the Old Testament, was God seeing if we could "live up to it"

The second part, or the New Testament, was God admitting we couldn't "live up to it" and sending Jesus.

By reading the Bible and being a follower of Jesus doesn't make you perfect, in fact its an admission of your own imperfection

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick

You missed the point of the Bible.

The first part, or the Old Testament, was God seeing if we could "live up to it"

The second part, or the New Testament, was God admitting we couldn't "live up to it" and sending Jesus.

By reading the Bible and being a follower of Jesus doesn't make you perfect, in fact its an admission of your own imperfection

I didn't say I was a follower of Jesus.

You didn't make it to the end.

You see, in the end, he is Kings of Kings and Lord of Lords. It is a term of equality.

Ah, but you would have to finish the book to see that part.

Now I am not talking about the earlier chapters. I am merely discussing the end.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

You didn't read the end either.

In the end, no one points blame at the other. God doesn't even discuss our transgressions.

Has anyone read it to the end?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathbecomesLife

In the end, no one points blame at the other. God doesn't even discuss our transgressions.

To me "the end" comes at the end of John...

Revelation is useless...

And by the way i read to the end many times...

the devil did it

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

What exactly do you mean by "why hasn't anyone finished the book yet?" Do you mean why hasn't Jesus come back yet?

We should be acting like it, that even though we do not see Jesus returning just yet, we live in expectation of His return.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wjones837

What exactly do you mean by "why hasn't anyone finished the book yet?" Do you mean why hasn't Jesus come back yet?

We should be acting like it, that even though we do not see Jesus returning just yet, we live in expectation of His return.

Did you read the whole book?

He already came back in the end!

At the end of the book he came back.

If you believe the book that is.

What page are you stuck on?

Keep going to the end, I promise you he comes back.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

To me "the end" comes at the end of John...

Revelation is useless...

And by the way i read to the end many times...

the devil did it

That is why you have not reached the end.

You do not believe the whole thing.

If you did, the battle would already be won for you. You would see that all works out in the end.

The War is over.

Just read the end.

Believe the book or reject the whole thing. It is useless in parts because it does not end.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

is this an All or nothing debate?

Thats where you can take that arguement if you wish...

Revelation is a waste of space within said book...

"The end" of the word of God... comes at the end of John...

It is not ONE book... the bible is a compilation of books... the number of which depends on the denomination reading it... it varies just as the inturpretation of it does

edit on 18-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

This is the end.

18For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. 20He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. 21The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Now I am just a fellow servant passing on the message.

This is what Revelations says is Jesus' own words concerning the bible.

Let no one add to it.

The story is done.

That's what it says, not what I have made up on my own.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

i prefer this end... but to each his own...

24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.

25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

i prefer this end... but to each his own...

24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.

25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

I did direct the question to those who hold the whole Bible as true.

If you do not, please sit down and let them speak.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Did you read the whole book?

He already came back in the end!

At the end of the book he came back.

If you believe the book that is.

What page are you stuck on?

Keep going to the end, I promise you he comes back.

I'm not stuck on any page, but I am not sure as to what you are saying. If you are saying that Jesus has already come back, then I believe you stopped one chapter too short:

18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

20 He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

So the book ends with John looking forward to the return of Christ, which is what we all look forward to.

Now concerning Jesus' return, if we missed this:

27 For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28 Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.

29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Then we all suck, that would be pretty obvious, don't you think? Wouldn't there be some news article, a YouTube video, something?

I am in no way attempting to put words in your mouth, I could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Fair enough...

I'll make my way to the door... but i'll leave you with this thought...

IF the bible is the "word of God"... Why did this all knowing all seeing God make so many mistakes within his book?

Something to ponder...

And a flag for your troubles... i like giving people their first stars and flags

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Fair enough...

IF the bible is the "word of God"... Why did this all knowing all seeing God make so many mistakes within his book?

Something to ponder...

Who are you to judge his work?

I have not judged yours?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I think I understand what it is you are attempting to say. If I am correct you are asking why people do not follow the word of God. The rules, according to the Old Testament say "thou shalt not kill" for example, and yet there is killing rampant all over the planet. It says "thou shalt not commit adultery" and "thou shalt not covet thy neighbors goods/wife" as other examples, yet they too are rampant World wide.

The New Testament says "Love thy neighbor as you love yourself", yet there is conflict. It teaches that through the belief of Jesus and his dieing for our sins we are forgiven and through confession or asking for forgiveness gives a free pass to commit sin and therefore sin runs rampant as it will be forgiven. I don't think that some people understand to be truly sorry for what has been done one does not do it again. Thus the message has been lost and people skip through life believing they are squeaky clean and care not for their actions as "All is Forgiven" simply because they believe.

Is it true you are asking why people who believe in the Bible do not follow it knowing how it will end?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Fair enough...

Something to ponder...

Who are you to judge his work?

I have not judged yours?

I am who i am...

And its not all his work...

You just have to read it to see that obvious fact...

Can't talk anyways.... trying to exit the thread

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Then we all suck, that would be pretty obvious, don't you think? Wouldn't there be some news article, a YouTube video, something?

I am in no way attempting to put words in your mouth, I could be wrong.

That is not the judgement given at the end.

My point is simple. If you believe the book to the end, then there is nothing more to say on the matter, it is finished.

Come to the end and accept it as finished work.

Or do not.

But if you do not, you sound kinda silly saying the Bible is the Word of God if you do not believe it yourself.

This is just an observation and an opinion.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I'm a little confused by your argument. So are you saying Do people who believe in the Bible believe the world will conclude as told in The Book of Revelations?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join