It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will pour out my wrath on them and consume them with my fiery anger.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFogHorn
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Please re-read the opening post for clear instructions on how to approach this little exercise from a new perspective....and then come back with just one word.

One word? POMPEII.

The city of Pompeii is a partially buried Roman town-city near modern Naples in the Italian region of Campania, in the territory of the comune of Pompei. Along with Herculaneum, Pompeii was partially destroyed and buried under 4 to 6 m (13 to 20 ft) of ash and pumice in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD 79.

That little event must have really rocked the Mediterranean area. So much that I believe it would have effected how certain scriptures and volcano god's mythologies were persevered or incorporated in the holy texts and ensuing canons.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

So, two out of three think it's a volcano. Not bad.

Please can everyone ignore all comments like that irrelevant one above me. Some battery operated things need to be allowed to just fade out on their own.

God destroyed the earth twice by flood and this time he will do it by fire and we will all be changed in the twinkle of an eye to our spiritual bodies . It has to be an event that is global , the bible also says just before Christ returns there will be three days of darkness and a world wide earthquake the likes that has ne'er been felt or never will again . So it has to be something that causes a massive earthquake blotting out the sun and then killing then causing all to pass into the spirit at once .

Sounds kind of like a gamma ray could extinguish everyone at once coming from our sun but what causes the world wide earthquake and causes the sun to erupt with this type of fury . A rouge dark star ? Who knows but I can tell you one thing it's not far off at all so you better seek the lord with a contrite heart .
edit on 09/06/2012 by Azadok2day because: A r smart an I kan too spele

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

reply to post by akushla99

A coin? A gold sovereign? I said remove the anthropomorphism....take away the human characteristics. You seem to be struggling with following instructions. You seem to be having what appears to be an electronic malfunction.

Look up the quoted 'sovereign'.
Your instruction is 'hedged' with your own anthropomorphism, in reverse...you seem to be whittling away what you dont want to hear...open forum? or your own personal little space?

If you didn't understand the 'waffle', your question is clearly an exercise in free interpretation, and therefore should welcome any interpretation...one word...pffft...

akushla

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Fire raining down means only one thing to me: Asteroid.
Maybe a comet, but asteroid is the first thing that pops in my head.
I notice the Christians couldn't refrain from preaching, even when asked not to.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Pompei?

Timing's way out but a good start. You need to go back quite a way to Santorini, the eruption that made the sky dark for days, that turned the sky dark red, that caused a Chinese dynasty to come to an end, that destroyed crops in China, that was felt the world over, that was 1000 times more powerful than the Hiroshima bomb, that caused earthquakes, that caused gas to escape from rivers in Egypt, that maybe caused a volcanic domino effect down the Suez Canal and the Gulf of Aqaba, that caused the canals to turn blood red, that caused many people to flea Greece as refugees who arrived in Egypt months prior to their final blowout due to small warnings.....

Ten plagues of Egypt.....the thing that gave the ancient Hebrews the opportunity to leggit with the Egyptian's gold, as stated in the Bible. That volcano god what done it waz the buzniz and them Hebrews ne'er forgot it like. Blew their minds.....like summut outa a movie.

edit on 15-6-2012 by TheFogHorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
I notice the Christians couldn't refrain from preaching, even when asked not to.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

A coin? A gold sovereign? I said remove the anthropomorphism....take away the human characteristics. You seem to be struggling with following instructions. You seem to be having what appears to be an electronic malfunction.

Look up the quoted 'sovereign'.
Your instruction is 'hedged' with your own anthropomorphism, in reverse...you seem to be whittling away what you dont want to hear...open forum? or your own personal little space?

If you didn't understand the 'waffle', your question is clearly an exercise in free interpretation, and therefore should welcome any interpretation...one word...pffft...

akushla

I'm whittling away anything that doesn't meet with my opening requirements. If you are incapable of meeting those requirements then please sit back and watch.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFogHorn

Nice collection of loving, peaceful biblical quotes you have there..but i'll give you a couple of words to indicate what i think they're referring to, the words are:

Iron Thunderbolt.

Here's a third word...Nuke.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Nice collection of loving, peaceful biblical quotes you have there..but i'll give you a couple of words to indicate what i think they're referring to, the words are:

Iron Thunderbolt.

Were there nuclear scientists living in the holy land, which includes the most volcanic country on earth (Saudi Arabia, otherwise known as Midian), back in the days of the ancient Hebrews? Ethiopia, where many Jews live, is also extremely volcanic. Were there also nuclear weapons there three and a half thousand years ago?

What's most likely? That the verses in the Bible and in other holy books describe 'out of this world' things and scientifically advanced things....or plane old volcanoes and their after effects? I know it sounds like such an anti-climax and so many people will be gutted to discover that the whole world is not about to be destroyed by something massive......but we need to be logical.....boring thought that is.

The truth is very dull I'm afraid, but it will in time make you laugh....the wait depending on your ability to accomodate it.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
"The truth is very dull I'm afraid, but it will in time make you laugh....the wait depending on your ability to accomodate it."

...and there it is folks!
Design a question, whittle out everything that does not lead to a pre-prescribed answer...and you have the 'truth'...

Eminently laughable...

Nice try though.

akushla
edit on 15-6-2012 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Half way through I thought Volcano. It is pretty obvious. I wonder if they thought VOlcanic activity was Gods wrath or God on Earth or someting along those lines. It is pretty obvious it is a Volcano.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Iron Thunderbolt.

Were there nuclear scientists living in the holy land, which includes the most volcanic country on earth (Saudi Arabia, otherwise known as Midian), back in the days of the ancient Hebrews? Ethiopia, where many Jews live, is also extremely volcanic. Were there also nuclear weapons there three and a half thousand years ago?

What's most likely? That the verses in the Bible and in other holy books describe 'out of this world' things and scientifically advanced things....or plane old volcanoes and their after effects? I know it sounds like such an anti-climax and so many people will be gutted to discover that the whole world is not about to be destroyed by something massive......but we need to be logical.....boring thought that is.

The truth is very dull I'm afraid, but it will in time make you laugh....the wait depending on your ability to accomodate it.

In all seriousness, where the question of what's more likely to have occured in history is concerned, absolutely nothing would surprise me in this world we live on.

We have increasing and tangible evidence for very ancient human civilisation, three, four, five times older than previously taught conventionally, and a hell of a lot more technologically advanced, relatively speaking to recent mainstream views. We have Gobleki Tepe, a mathmatical / astronomical 'device' built around 15,000 years ago, give or take a millennia or so, also in a similar 'wtf' is going on here vein, is the mind boggling and stunning precision of Puma Punku, also thought to be around the same age...more settlements in the Indus valley region dated up to 10,000 years ago, ancient and beautiful cave art from anything up to 50,000 years ago in Spain and France, and more being discovered (or revealed perhaps) all the time.

So really, what is likely is, in my mind a fairly moot question, seeing as we basically know nothing for certain about our collective history.

Of course you realise my 'Iron Thunderbolt' was a reference to 'the unknown weapon' described in the Mahabharata, which is in itself dated around 4,500 years ago, but is claimed to be based on much older texts.

The descriptions given of the Iron Thunderbolt, are quite similar to some of your OP quotes, especially when viewed through the eyes of a people of certain ignorance or primitive point of view (or gullible character i s'pose), but yes, i readilly accept they could equally apply to a cataclysmic sequence of volcanic eruptions too. Albeit in both scenarios of course, colourful language and heavy use of metaphor has been used to encourage a desired response from the intended audience of the texts. Basically, obedience.

But as i say mate, not much would surprise me....even a cyclic high technological to catastrophic fall of human fortunes, whether self induced through powerful weapons exchanges or natural but equally devastating mass volcanism throughout our entire story on this planet.

Who knows what we'll discover about ourselves tomorrow eh?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Off topic: akushla99, you are my new hero (heroine?) I've just read through the thread, I don't think I can give you any more stars, I've used them all up.

On topic: Jalapenos. Fire ants. Whisky. Bic (lighters). Tiki (torches). Napalm.

OK, I'm ready now. What was the point?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

reply to post by windword

Pompei?

Timing's way out but a good start. You need to go back quite a way to Santorini, the eruption that made the sky dark for days, that turned the sky dark red, that caused a Chinese dynasty to come to an end, that destroyed crops in China, that was felt the world over, that was 1000 times more powerful than the Hiroshima bomb, that caused earthquakes, that caused gas to escape from rivers in Egypt, that maybe caused a volcanic domino effect down the Suez Canal and the Gulf of Aqaba, that caused the canals to turn blood red, that caused many people to flea Greece as refugees who arrived in Egypt months prior to their final blowout due to small warnings.....

Ten plagues of Egypt.....the thing that gave the ancient Hebrews the opportunity to leggit with the Egyptian's gold, as stated in the Bible. That volcano god what done it waz the buzniz and them Hebrews ne'er forgot it like. Blew their minds.....like summut outa a movie.

Agreed. But I used the Pompeii example because it was 79 AD, the beginning of the Christian Common Era, and the most recent reminder of the "God of Fiery Wrath" when the Bible was being compiled. I think the event had a psychological effect and reinforced the "Volcano God" of the OT, in much of what would later be included in the Bible.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Yahweh was originally a storm god, all the smoking, and billowing and thunder and fire suddenly makes sense when you view it in that context. Also his rivalry with Baal, another storm god from the same area, begins to make sense.

Also note how angry he is all the time, at every little thing, smiting people left and right, killing the first born and other innocent people, endorsing slavery right after freeing his people from slavery. Seems almost evil when you get right down to it, whether he exists or not

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I think the bible is talking about what the mayan calendar is about, and dont think that calendar is 100% accurate to the minute, it could be 100 years out and still be a good guideline.

I think the Mayan calendar follows sun cycles, and its no coincidence the Galactic Center sent a huge plume of energy out that was photo'd and its roughly the same Light years away that the Mayan calendar takes.

And if that is a cycle, and it just sent out another plume, we're due for something shortly, perhaps.

Volcano could errupt from this, but HAARP may be behind that, and even the ones they serve, off planet ones, because what if that energy is like standing in a CME, which for me was wonderful. So bible, mayans, galactic center, energy plume, sun!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64

Maybe you also noticed all the Bible verses the OP got to quote. And I don't mind saying i'm a bit jealous.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Are you attempting to insinuate the ancient Hebrews were too stupid to figure out what a volcano was?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Are you attempting to insinuate the ancient Hebrews were too stupid to figure out what a volcano was?

I think anybody, especially ancient and simple minded people, would be sufficiently awed by the spectacle of a volcanic eruption to believe it was a divine force, maybe a god in it's own right.

Remember, these people were simple enough as to have to be told, "Thou shalt not kill" and other moralistic basics.

VOLCANIC LIGHTENING STORMS:

news.yahoo.com...

Do you really think that if ancient Hebrews saw that, they would say, Oh, it's a Volcano?

No. They would fall on their knees and worship it!
edit on 16-6-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Interesting to read your thread as I was reading this info last week (while bypassing the religious overtones and judgements) regarding Destruction by earthquake and volcano around the Dead Sea area

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join