It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will pour out my wrath on them and consume them with my fiery anger.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Is that an argument? Do people today still murder other people? Apparently it's not yet common sense.. I can't fathom how anyone couldn't look at a volcano and realize it was erupting, have you ever been near an erupting volcano???? And the stereotype that the ancients were simple-minded has long been debunked by science. They were very intelligent people.

edit on 16-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Aliens, brah

or

ancient humans.

or

future humans

brah

and I am quasi catholic.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Originally posted by TheFogHorn

Originally posted by MysterX
reply to post by TheFogHorn

Nice collection of loving, peaceful biblical quotes you have there..but i'll give you a couple of words to indicate what i think they're referring to, the words are:

Iron Thunderbolt.

Here's a third word...Nuke.

Were there nuclear scientists living in the holy land, which includes the most volcanic country on earth (Saudi Arabia, otherwise known as Midian), back in the days of the ancient Hebrews? Ethiopia, where many Jews live, is also extremely volcanic. Were there also nuclear weapons there three and a half thousand years ago?

What's most likely? That the verses in the Bible and in other holy books describe 'out of this world' things and scientifically advanced things....or plane old volcanoes and their after effects? I know it sounds like such an anti-climax and so many people will be gutted to discover that the whole world is not about to be destroyed by something massive......but we need to be logical.....boring thought that is.

The truth is very dull I'm afraid, but it will in time make you laugh....the wait depending on your ability to accomodate it.
edit on 15-6-2012 by TheFogHorn because: (no reason given)

In all seriousness, where the question of what's more likely to have occured in history is concerned, absolutely nothing would surprise me in this world we live on.

We have increasing and tangible evidence for very ancient human civilisation, three, four, five times older than previously taught conventionally, and a hell of a lot more technologically advanced, relatively speaking to recent mainstream views. We have Gobleki Tepe, a mathmatical / astronomical 'device' built around 15,000 years ago, give or take a millennia or so, also in a similar 'wtf' is going on here vein, is the mind boggling and stunning precision of Puma Punku, also thought to be around the same age...more settlements in the Indus valley region dated up to 10,000 years ago, ancient and beautiful cave art from anything up to 50,000 years ago in Spain and France, and more being discovered (or revealed perhaps) all the time.

So really, what is likely is, in my mind a fairly moot question, seeing as we basically know nothing for certain about our collective history.

Of course you realise my 'Iron Thunderbolt' was a reference to 'the unknown weapon' described in the Mahabharata, which is in itself dated around 4,500 years ago, but is claimed to be based on much older texts.

The descriptions given of the Iron Thunderbolt, are quite similar to some of your OP quotes, especially when viewed through the eyes of a people of certain ignorance or primitive point of view (or gullible character i s'pose), but yes, i readilly accept they could equally apply to a cataclysmic sequence of volcanic eruptions too. Albeit in both scenarios of course, colourful language and heavy use of metaphor has been used to encourage a desired response from the intended audience of the texts. Basically, obedience.

But as i say mate, not much would surprise me....even a cyclic high technological to catastrophic fall of human fortunes, whether self induced through powerful weapons exchanges or natural but equally devastating mass volcanism throughout our entire story on this planet.

Who knows what we'll discover about ourselves tomorrow eh?

The odds are stacked very high against your nuclear explanation and the verses do not fit with it anyway. Nuclear explosions do not create rivers of fire coming down mountains, do not throw out balls of brimstone (which is sulphar from volcanoes) that could be mistaken for hail, do not create lakes of fire, do not create tumbling ash clouds, etc.

You are backing the outsider of outsiders because the favourate is not exciting enough.

Given the Abrahamic religions covered, initially, very volcanic land, there must surely be some mention of them in the Bible. At the very least, the word 'volcano' must be in the Bible, or maybe a word that means 'volcano'.

Can you show me where?

Also, given the Santorini eruption dated around the time of the Exodus was so huge it brought to an end a Chinese dynasty, surely it must be mentioned in the Bible as it occured just north of Egypt.

Can you tell me where in the Bible this massive event is documented?
edit on 16-6-2012 by TheFogHorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Yes, I watched Mauna Loa erupt in 1984, safely from atop Mt Haleakala. I must say that I was sufficiently freaked out!

There may have been one or two volcanologist on planet Earth during the time of Moses, but I doubt it!

I am fairly sure that the average ancient Hebrews, Egyptians, Phoenician or Canaanite had no idea about the scientific workings of a volcano. It's easy to see how these people could believe that what they were seeing and experiencing was either an act of a god, or activities at the house of the gods.

I don't see any religious text from the Bible attributing the smoke and fire, shaking and hailing of fiery stones down on them as a geological and natural event. On the contrary, these kinds of phenomena are attributed to an angry god, Jehovah. Many cultures had volcano gods.

If some want to believe that biblical descriptions are of actual attributes of a intelligent deity and ignore the geological record of the volcanic activity in the area at the time, let them have at it. But as long as their is a legitimate explanation for their observation and fear of such a terrible events, I'll chalk it up to natural occurrences.
edit on 16-6-2012 by windword because: 1984

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
well can i just say, the jinn were said to be made of smokeless flame (as humans are made of clay/'dust')

so, plasma beings?

just throwing it out there.

maybe they live on the sun or something....

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by TheFogHorn

Pompei?

Timing's way out but a good start. You need to go back quite a way to Santorini, the eruption that made the sky dark for days, that turned the sky dark red, that caused a Chinese dynasty to come to an end, that destroyed crops in China, that was felt the world over, that was 1000 times more powerful than the Hiroshima bomb, that caused earthquakes, that caused gas to escape from rivers in Egypt, that maybe caused a volcanic domino effect down the Suez Canal and the Gulf of Aqaba, that caused the canals to turn blood red, that caused many people to flea Greece as refugees who arrived in Egypt months prior to their final blowout due to small warnings.....

Ten plagues of Egypt.....the thing that gave the ancient Hebrews the opportunity to leggit with the Egyptian's gold, as stated in the Bible. That volcano god what done it waz the buzniz and them Hebrews ne'er forgot it like. Blew their minds.....like summut outa a movie.

edit on 15-6-2012 by TheFogHorn because: (no reason given)

Agreed. But I used the Pompeii example because it was 79 AD, the beginning of the Christian Common Era, and the most recent reminder of the "God of Fiery Wrath" when the Bible was being compiled. I think the event had a psychological effect and reinforced the "Volcano God" of the OT, in much of what would later be included in the Bible.

It's too far away for it to have been a catalyst for the religion and Christianity was a move away from the wrath and jealousy of the volcano god of the OT. To understand the puzzle you need only analyse the early OT, historical evidence and the geology of the area (which is not where we have been led to believe).

The Abrahamic religions are a serious case of Chinese whispers. It makes no difference what occured after the start of the Jewish religion. You need to understand what started it all off in order to decide whether or not the entire thing, Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Rasterfarianism...is valid. You are right, though, in that volcanism may well have continued in the Jews' and Christians' lives and that it will have reinforced the faith. It may come out that many true Bible locations have been kept secret and that the start of the religions was in fact in Saudi.

Now, I don't believe in Pele and I'm hoping neither does anyone here.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

That's your perogative. But on judgment day this excuse wont fly:

"Dude, I coulda swore you was a volcano and of course no one has to follow moral rules volcanoes make. Oppps, my bad yo.."

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

I would hope that one day my soul would be pure and strong enough to walk on the sun!

Yeah okay.
I'll take my chances, dude!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Half way through I thought Volcano. It is pretty obvious. I wonder if they thought VOlcanic activity was Gods wrath or God on Earth or someting along those lines. It is pretty obvious it is a Volcano.

It is as clear as day once you've given your mind the permission to see it. I know how hard it is but it is undeniable once seen. They were just eternally grateful to the thing that gave them the chance to steal all the Egyptians' gold and leggit into the wilderness.....the Santorini eruption.....'the one that brought them out of Egypt'...as mentioned verbatum many times in the Bible.....'Don't forget about that you ungrateful so and so!'. They'd never experienced a volcano before, or maybe had heard of them in folklore. After they left Egypt they arrived at Mount Sinai, another erupting volcano in probably Saudi. 'Oh my god! It's OUR god!!!' All very familiar.....plume of smoke by day, plume of fire by night. This volcano, and the 'myriad of little ones' was probably triggered by the Santorini eruption....or maybe some sudden continental drift (it can happen suddenly) pulled apart the two continents triggering volcanoes everywhere. It will all become known in time.

This will be the biggest psychological test to ever face mankind. Will people spot the elephant in the room before Islam takes control or will not enough people be capable of disconnecting from the matrix?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Yahweh was originally a storm god, all the smoking, and billowing and thunder and fire suddenly makes sense when you view it in that context. Also his rivalry with Baal, another storm god from the same area, begins to make sense.

Also note how angry he is all the time, at every little thing, smiting people left and right, killing the first born and other innocent people, endorsing slavery right after freeing his people from slavery. Seems almost evil when you get right down to it, whether he exists or not

Brimstone (sulphar from volcanoes), 'rivers of fire', tumbling ash clouds, Mount Sinai (fiery and smokey), god's glory (intense light), earthquakes (triggered by volcanic activity along tectonic rifts...which is what the Gulf of Aqaba and the Suez Canal are), lake of fire, fiery pit, sweaty face of Moses on Mt Sinai, burning bush (flaming volcanic gas leak in Midian....Saudi), ten plagues of Egypt (Santorini). Lighting, by the way, is common in big volcanic eruptions.

Yahweh was originally a volcanic activity god and you can see all the evidence and thinking behind that here....

ohmyvolcano.blogspot.com...

Please analyse the blog thoroughly.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Do you guys read much Rumi?

"The Truth stands before me,

On my left is a blazing fire, and

On my right, a cool flowing stream.

One group of people walk toward the fire, into the fire,

And the other towards the cool flowing waters.

No one knows which is blessed and which is not.

But just as a just as someone enters the fire,

That head bobs up from the water,

And just as a head sinks into the water,

That face appears in the fire.

Those who love the sweet water of pleasure

And make it their devotion are cheated by this reversal.

The deception goes further-

The voice of the fire says:

“I am not fire, I am fountainhead,

Come into me and don’t mind the sparks.”

Rumi

edit on 16-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I think the bible is talking about what the mayan calendar is about, and dont think that calendar is 100% accurate to the minute, it could be 100 years out and still be a good guideline.

I think the Mayan calendar follows sun cycles, and its no coincidence the Galactic Center sent a huge plume of energy out that was photo'd and its roughly the same Light years away that the Mayan calendar takes.

And if that is a cycle, and it just sent out another plume, we're due for something shortly, perhaps.

Volcano could errupt from this, but HAARP may be behind that, and even the ones they serve, off planet ones, because what if that energy is like standing in a CME, which for me was wonderful. So bible, mayans, galactic center, energy plume, sun!

You are as religious as Jews and Muslims but you don't realise it.

The Mayans also worshipped volcanoes, hence the correlation with 'prophecy', which is not prophecy but frightening warnings used to keep the sheeple indoctrinated, and it's so successful it carries on working for thousands of years despite nothing happening! Oh my volcano!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Are you attempting to insinuate the ancient Hebrews were too stupid to figure out what a volcano was?

I'm not insinuating...I am stating a fact. No-one in the entire world knew back then what volcanoes were and probably half the world was slitting animals' throats at the very sight of them, hoping doing so would appease them or make up for their sins....just as the Hebrews did.

It's disappointing that no-one seems to be challenging me armed with the theory's facts. Please start to get to grips with it by reading this, which will explain how people in the world found out about volcanoes...

ohmyvolcano.blogspot.com.es...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Nice photos! Just what I've been looking for

It's very important we do not analyse the past based on our way of thinking. We must remember that people back then were more supersticious (paranoid, delusional) due to not knowing what the hell was going on. The greater the knowledge, the lower the superstition and visa versa.

Solving this riddle requires a very empathic mind....you need to think through their eyes and not your own. Some people cannot do that.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LexiconV

Interesting to read your thread as I was reading this info last week (while bypassing the religious overtones and judgements) regarding Destruction by earthquake and volcano around the Dead Sea area

Once you start to get into the theory you will find there's plenty to go on if you search hard enough. One thing to do to see just how many people who thought of it is to do an Amazon book search for 'yahweh volcano'. You will be suprised. This thing really needs the energy of a volcano to get it to go viral though

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
God (in the bible) killed more people then Satan. Satan killed a few, while God killed millions. Interesting... What's more interesting is Christians that kill. It's just a tad bit ironic. Just a tad.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
God (in the bible) killed more people then Satan. Satan killed a few, while God killed millions. Interesting... What's more interesting is Christians that kill. It's just a tad bit ironic. Just a tad.

God takes all life. Hello, the giver and TAKER of life.

Part of the job description of being God.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Yes, I watched Mauna Loa erupt in 1984, safely from atop Mt Haleakala. I must say that I was sufficiently freaked out!

There may have been one or two volcanologist on planet Earth during the time of Moses, but I doubt it!

I am fairly sure that the average ancient Hebrews, Egyptians, Phoenician or Canaanite had no idea about the scientific workings of a volcano. It's easy to see how these people could believe that what they were seeing and experiencing was either an act of a god, or activities at the house of the gods.

I don't see any religious text from the Bible attributing the smoke and fire, shaking and hailing of fiery stones down on them as a geological and natural event. On the contrary, these kinds of phenomena are attributed to an angry god, Jehovah. Many cultures had volcano gods.

If some want to believe that biblical descriptions are of actual attributes of a intelligent deity and ignore the geological record of the volcanic activity in the area at the time, let them have at it. But as long as their is a legitimate explanation for their observation and fear of such a terrible events, I'll chalk it up to natural occurrences.
edit on 16-6-2012 by windword because: 1984

Refreshing and encouraging logic. Only one question needs to be answered to confirm the theory....Is the word volcano in the Bible?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This god you refer to needs anger management, seriously. He should be ashamed of himself. All he ever does is threaten violence.

Maybe rather than worship him, people should get a restraining order against him.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Kang69

God takes all life. Hello, the giver and TAKER of life.

Part of the job description of being God.

You ignored my comment asking you to tell me where in the Bible volcanoes are mentioned.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join