It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a legal way for a man to subdue a woman?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
About all you can do in this softy world is ground her to her room or take something away from her, for example take the phone away from her until she behaves herself.

I have to say im glad I had (have) brothers my age growing up.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Weeeeel

I did what 99% of themembers on this forum does..
I take maby 1-2 word in each sentence and put that
together and the draw my conclusion on what MIGHT
have been said:

Give the two a couple of guns and let them have a shootout
in the backyard..

Real yankstyle...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Home life in a 3rd world country is hard, it seems.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

sounds to me like both of them hadnt a father figure ?

and i take it, you are a male ?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

you're 21? Move out. Thats how you subdue teenaged sisters. Soon they'll both be calling you complaining about the other.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Man, sounds like you're in a pretty crap situation. Given the sue-happy, guilty-until-proven-innocent nature of most of the US these days I'd suggest:

1) Record the fight the next time it happens (proof to defend yourself in court/with the police).
2) Call the police while/before you start recording.
3) When the police show up, present the video evidence to show you've done nothing wrong. If you want a more permanent fix to protect the younger, decent sister sounds like you'll need to record the conversation with your mum where she shows she isn't capable of raising kids...

You could end up in a really bad spot where the family are torn apart by child services, but if that is what it will take to ensure your younger sister (that sounds like a pretty decent girl) can get a good upbringing then maybe that's what needs to be done, as unpleasant as the thought might be.. can't say I envy your situation tbh :/

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

So I'm at a standstill.... My sisters will fight again and I need a legal way to subdue the elder.

I really can't believe I'm going to say this but....

You call child protective services and have them investigate. If these fights are as violent as you suggest, and the adult in the house is not doing anything and is not concerned, someone needs to protect the young girl. If you are concerned about any legal repercussions, you call the police, you call social services.

That is how you intervene.

Because, first, it's your sister, second, it's a female, and third, have you ever seen a 16 year old girl in a fight? This is to everyone but the OP. I have. You don't get in the middle of that my friend, you will lose an eye and possibly a testicle.

I myself, you grab the crazy girl from behind in a bearhug and try to dodge the kicks until the other girl was removed from the room, or crazy face calms down. Then again, I don't have a mom that would lie to the police to get me arrested.

If I did, I'd call them first.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Jack sh**.

Here is some how-to....

www.wikihow.com...

She goes to school? She obviously is a bully...

If this bully is so extremely nasty make face injuries *Learn some basic self defence or martial arts kicks, throws, punches and blocks (anything along the lines of aikido or judo mixed with a bit of boxing or karate or jeet kune do, etc will do perfectly). It doesn't have to be really fancy, but it should have a little ingenuity to it. If one or two of you can take classes or get a training video or something, then good. Don't make a mess of their face -- people will talk. Focus mainly on the torso/groin and legs or on the scalp, and/or learn techniques that can do considerable damage without leaving any really unsightly marks. Low tree branches and low balconies are great for leaping right in front of someone from. A broom or stick or switch off a tree can be handy if you're not very strong.

Nothing works like a taste of their own medicine. Such people will know only force...

Oh yeah...f*** legal...

*** also usable on mummy perhaps....

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

I was wondering though...why doesn't your younger sister say anything? If had said to the cops that you were defending her...wouldn't that get them off your back ?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

I sympathize with you dude. I'd move out if I could and if I could I'd take the younger sister with me. I'm pretty sure it's not illegal for a younger sister to live with her older brother as long as she can continue to go to school and everything. A more realistic solution if you can't move out would be to document the violence with video if possible and use that to help your defense.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Really? You need to get out and not be involved.

But..generally speaking...you should only use the minimum amount of force to RESTRAIN the individual. (not SUBDUE)

All of this can border on and between BATTERY, ASSAULT...

And friend? Move away...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
OP the best way would be the get in the middle and say "back the F*** OFF", you are a guy, unless your are short, disabled and/or weak, you should not have a problem. Cops should not arrest you for trying to prevent an assault and its your own family.. who else is going to intervene.. calling the cops IMO is a last resort.. i would never do that, it become like a stain in the neighborhood(i live in a clean, safe neighborhood, seeing a cops car at a home is a serious issue here).

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
First of all if your mother is a dropout like you said, you need to face her FIRST, show her that you deserve respect if you're the one supposed to help the family and pay bills. Don't be that scared about the police factor because i bet that after this shes just as scared.

Second, your elder sister is a bully, period. I believe that you're old enough to handle her if she tries to punch you or something, so just taunt her. Ask her why is she like that, why cant she act like a normal girl, ask her if a boyfriend left her etc. If she gets aggressive, just point that out to her. Point out that shes a nice girl whenever shes not acting like that, that this makes her ugly and terrible.

Show her that what she has to lose. By saying things like " if you do it again, ill intervene!" just kinda triggers aggressive behavior really. if she is gonna try to punch or throw something, at least let her do that with those thoughts in mind, because believe me, she WILL. Shes a girl and she'll hide it but she'll absorb everything you're saying.

As a last resort, like some ppl already said, just get your sister OUT. She obviously doesn't deserve this, shes being abused unnecessarily. You don't need to actually go and stay days out or anything, just a healthy trip to a store or for a soda will do.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Well, i dont know about your customs..
But i think enough force to break them apart
is authorized...

Soo...Give them a piece each and have the shootout....

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Get a big fridge cardboard box, open one end, put a credit card in the very back of it. When she enters to grab the credit card... shut open end. Lock room.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
this is a tough one mate. i remember one night i had to do this with two of my sister in laws. They had an arguement and were ready to tear each other apart. I simply bear hugged one, but I was also worried that it would make things worse because while she is subdued, the other one could of had her way with her. I was lucky I wasn't the only person there at the time.

If I were you and you are put into that position again, simply do what your mum done. Ring the police. If you cannot subdue either one of them without getting into trouble, the police certainly can and even with their presence around, they will most likely stop anyway. but with that remember, you may find your yourself in a handicapped WWE match
edit on 12-6-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
You need to man up dude.
If you're there because she needs help then you need to sit her down and talk to her.
Tell her that as long as you are there that won't be happening.
If she refuses to act then you need to pack up and leave.

Do not put up with that. It doesn't matter that she's your mom. If she won't change for the better then you need to go and let her make her own way.

Same thing goes with your sister. As long as she's there she's going to have to learn how to behave like a human being and not feral animal.

Do not put up with unacceptable behavior

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I grew up in a family exactly like you describe. It was horrible watching the kids beat the crap out of each other. I was one of those kids for the sake of survival.

I would put both arms around her body and literally hold her tight. I have no idea why a trapezius hold would be domestic violence, that seems perfectly reasonable to me under the situation.

I'm so sorry your mother doesn't have the energy or wherewithal to parent the girls. Neglecting to act will only create angry adults who don't like each other.

My sister and I can barely talk, 30 years later because we use to beat each other up like you describe. Those wounds never healed, we never went to counseling. We are just now (30 years later), talking about going to counseling together to let go of the underlying anger we have towards each other because of our teenage years fighting. In hindsight, we did this because we had a total lack of parenting or family life.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AK907ICECOLD
reply to post by Mizzijr

It you hit them hard enough to strike fear, they will not call the cops. 99% effective.

just look how well it works for the govt.

ha ha ha

that's wrong on so many levels but i couldn't help but laugh.

-subfab

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join