It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diamond Jubilee concert "All the blacks in the house"....why Lenny?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Tonight i've been watching the diamond jubilee concert for the queen at Buckingham Palace, plenty of good acts, some bad ones too but on the whole a good night. 70,000 up the mall and surrounding areas watching it.

A selection of hosts too, celebs introducing the acts, one of these was the British comedian Lenny Henry. Often doing his usual chatter to get the crowds going, then he comes out with a great crowd pleaser...

"All the blacks in the house say yeah!!!!"

Why? Yes i understand Lenny himeslf is black, and maybe half the crowd are too, but really does anyone give a damn? Does he really need to give a shout out to one colour of people? Why not the rest? Why not just shut up?

I hope he gets flak for this, can you imagine if Peter Kay had stood up and given a shout out to all the whites in the crowd? We'd have probably had riots tonight instead of celebrations.

Not the kind of thing you expect at a celebration that involves people from all over the world.

CX.
edit on 4/6/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I didn't see or hear this myself (been too busy to watch the drivel anyways) but it would not surprise me at all if Lenny Henry came out with this crowd pleaser, Lenny Henry is a Massive Massive Tool of the highest order always has been always will be.
I wish Marty McFly and Doc Brown would show up in the Delorean and drag Lenny's Ar*e back to the 1980's where his style of humor started and belongs, one can dream.......

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Yeah, it's a damn shame people in power have always felt the utmost need to perpetuate and promote this "racial discord".

A lot of people who claim to be standup comedians have been proven to be little more than racist shills.

An example was Carlos Mencia, which is actually not his real name. He was exposed on stage actually, here:

----

There's nothing wrong with being and feeling different from others, because you are unique --- but not if it crosses the line, that you base your physical appearance (skin color) off of who you really are.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
His joke about a black James Bond was cringeworthy, I honestly couldn't believe he did it,
All he did was perpetrate a stereotype that black people are lazy, it was disgusting.

CX

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CallYourBluff

Originally posted by GrindsMyGears
I didn't see or hear this myself (been too busy to watch the drivel anyways) but it would not surprise me at all if Lenny Henry came out with this crowd pleaser, Lenny Henry is a Massive Massive Tool of the highest order always has been always will be.
I wish Marty McFly and Doc Brown would show up in the Delorean and drag Lenny's Ar*e back to the 1980's where his style of humor started and belongs, one can dream.......

What a load of paranoid nonsense.

Huh, what on earth is paranoid and nonsense about that post?

He's right on the money, Lenny Henry has never been funny and tonight just proved how out of touch he is.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CallYourBluff

Paranoid nonsense?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

Cheers for the backup man I do Not know where the paranoid bit comes from thought it was just me

CX

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CallYourBluff

That was a joke. Clearly you don't get comedy. Good night.

Ok bit of advice for you......if you're gonna crack a joke, use one of the smileys at the side so it looks like you're at least having a laugh....or type "J/K" after your comment, that means "just kidding". Some issues are quite passionate for some people, and to say something like that with absoloutely no hint of humour is bound to get peoples backs up.

Just a tip there.

CX.
edit on Mon Jun 4 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Most of you people are way to serious. Hope you find the help you need. I bet you get a lot of strange looks when you spout your paranoid bollocks to the straights.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Some folks don't see the agenda laid out in front of them.
It's not their fault, I am sure much of the reason why they are here is because, deep down - they know it to be true.

Give people time, they can't deny it forever --- unless they refuse to do their homework. But then again, some do their homework because they know they will be tested, not actually to learn from the material.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Have you been drinking heavily this evening?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
well he is black. being racist and black is ok.
stop being so racist.

CX

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Ok, if that was tounge in cheek and i missed it, i apologize.

Back on topic, how is giving a shout out to one colour of people in an audience of thousands of different coloured people funny....or even helpful in any way shape or form?

Seriously, i don't get it, educate me.

CX.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Some folks don't see the agenda laid out in front of them.
It's not their fault, I am sure much of the reason why they are here is because, deep down - they know it to be true.

Give people time, they can't deny it forever --- unless they refuse to do their homework. But then again, some do their homework because they know they will be tested, not actually to learn from the material.

Or some people have looked into this so called agenda quite deeply and have come to the conclusion that it is not at serious as what the delusional and paranoid make it out to be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join