It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Doesn't Believe In Evolution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by definity
Evolution can NOT be scientifically proven though, it is based upon several assumptions, so saying Evolution is a theory is correct. its just as much a theory as Creationism except Evolution has more fact to back it up.

No. no no no

Darwin's theory of evolution is nothing more than the observation that simple forms of life move towards more complex forms of life. That observation is affirmed again and again by science.

A scientific theory is NOT the same thing as a guess.

www.darwins-theory-of-evolution.com...
edit on 3-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by hoochymama

Can the Mods help out on this one cuz this could get ugly.

Oh it probably will. Further proving the point that it is impossible to ever fault Paul on a single thing, and that this cult of personality is out of control. He said it, there is nothing misleading about the title of the thread.

No you are making a big deal out of something trivial and failing to intelligently connect how lack of belief in evolution = Ron Paul bad.

I believe in evolution and i reiterate i don't care what he or any politician believes on the matter. It is a non issue and as i noted earlier we have had droves of creationists in power in this country and gasp! civilization didn't crumble as a result of it.

Of course you wont accept that people cant care one way or another on this matter and will continue to drone on about crazies and bots.

edit on 3-6-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Hope your not including me in that statement. But, the thread title is not correct. Its called "misdirection". Now, change the thread title and let the fun begin.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I'm sure Romney doesn't believe in evolution, either. RP isn't saying he thinks everyone should believe one side or the other, he's just stating his opinion.

By the way, I'd be really interested in seeing what was cut out of the middle of that clip.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

reply to post by digital01anarchy

True, he does have a much higher level of education than I. Scary he doesn't believe in evolution with all that book learnin' huh? Just a stupid theory, like gravity.

There have been lots of theories that over time have been proven incorrect the point is at this time and date we do not have the intelligence to prove or disprove one side or the other. regardless of how you feel about the issue that fact will not change until the day it does

link   
reply to post by paganini

I never said anything to that effect. But making a thread that is for sure not factual is not right. Just change the title.

He SAYS IT IN THE VIDEO THE OP POSTED:

He doesnt believe in both because there is NO PROOF TO EITHER ONE.

link   

Then report the thread title to a mod and have it changed. You might get lucky. I really doubt it though, considering it's perfect. A glorious thread title really.

link   
I won't say whether I am in agreement with it or not, for that is irrelevant to my point. Would it not be referred to as 'The Theory of Evolution' if it were indeed proven to be factual?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I think a lot of educated people tend to believe in the theory that has some proof supporting it, rather than the "let me blow my magical dust onto earth to create life" theory.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

I think a lot of educated people tend to believe in the theory that has some proof supporting it, rather than the "let me blow my magical dust onto earth to create life" theory.

Not much different than the big bang theory really.

"Lets just tell them # just exploded in one big bang and here we are"

link   

Originally posted by muse7

just because the earth is flat in some places doesn't make the earth flat

link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by definity
Evolution can NOT be scientifically proven though, it is based upon several assumptions, so saying Evolution is a theory is correct. its just as much a theory as Creationism except Evolution has more fact to back it up.

No. no no no

Darwin's theory of evolution is nothing more than the observation that simple forms of life move towards more complex forms of life. That observation is affirmed again and again by science.

A scientific theory is NOT the same thing as a guess.

www.darwins-theory-of-evolution.com...
edit on 3-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

THANK you. I don't actually care if you think God created the universe, but I think anyone who can't accept that things EVOLVE is an idiot.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I dont play those games but apparently you do. Never have reported a thread or a poster in my life. I have been reported a bunch of times, WIMPS.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

The big bang theory is outdated, if you'd know what you're talking about you would know. Science admits when it's wrong and corrects it, and scientists continue to learn by trial and error. We have many theories now and many physicists don't even believe in the big bang theory anymore.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Seriously,

This is a pathetic attempt to stir up emotional BS (granted it has worked...to some degree). There are more serious reasons why one would or would not support Ron Paul. The crazies are out tonight...for sure.
edit on 3-6-2012 by Vardoger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I don't report either. I'm just letting you know that instead of posting that I need to change the title multiple times, which I'm obviously not going to do (because the title is 100% ACCURATE), you have other options.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

First of all, it wouldn't have been a pathetic attempt considering the emotional nonsense being vomited in my perfectly legitimate, non troll thread. I wanted to share something I found rather surprising with the ATS community and see what would come of a discussion.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Vardoger

First of all, it wouldn't have been a pathetic attempt considering the emotional nonsense being vomited in my perfectly legitimate, non troll thread. I wanted to share something I found rather surprising with the ATS community and see what would come of a discussion.

How is it legitimate? You made an initial valid statement in regards to his disbelief in evolution But you went off the deep end when you implied this in turn would make him an incompetent leader and failed to explain how the former results in the latter.

One cant merely just proclaim something and refuse to explain why.
That's not how adult conversations work.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
The guy who asked the question called it a theory, Dawkins calls it a theory.
Its a theory, some people believe we were seeded by aliens, Dawkins is one of them.
its a theory, evolution is a poor theory at best.
Evolution has not been proven, its accepted because its the most logical answer, its not fact.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by paganini

I don't think a person who is unable to accept evolution is all together there. I don't want him in charge of the country. Same goes for Mittens and Obama if they agree. This is just another mark against him in my eyes, and I wanted to see if anyone would actually be willing to say at the very least that they disagree with him. But he can do no wrong. Now my not wanting him in office and disagreeing on the evolution thing go hand in hand, you can still want him in office and disagree on one point. But will anyone? I will be surprised.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join