It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China 'arrests high-level US spy' in Hong Kong - reports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

A Chinese security ministry official has been arrested on suspicion of spying for the US and passing on state secrets, Hong Kong media reports say.

China "arrests high-level US spy" in Hong Kong - reports

If confirmed, it would be the third major incident to hit China-US relations in the past few months.

Although this appears to have happened months ago, I think this could be yet another precursor to WWIII. To me it just seems that all H3LL is breaking loose. All of these "little" things are going to add up and everything is going to come crashing down.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Good catch op..

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
With all the "flame" cyberweapon stuff popping up, it seems a little... outdated to be using traditional spying methods like the "pretty woman trap"

But what do I know, I'm just an armchair general/quarterback/warrior. Russia seemed to think it was a good idea with the whole Anna Chapman thing, and sex will never go out of style, so i guess it works.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I wouldn’t say that its the start of WWIII, it is however a clear indication that Chinese American links are being more tense. We have had two high profile cases of Chinese officials defecting to America recently. This is probably the Chinese getting their revenge.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
from OP's source...

'Pretty woman trap'
Hong Kong-based Oriental Daily quotes the monthly New Way as saying on 25 May that the official "fell into a pretty woman trap" set up by the CIA.

After the two were photographed in secret liaisons, he was blackmailed and agreed to supply secret information to the US, the reports say.

I was wondering about that. They didn't catch an American spying on China. The US baited, entrapped and blackmailed someone from China.

How many ways is that below the belt? Are we that low? Yah, thats nothing. The only other stories I hear like that come from the German Getsapo in WWII. Yah, I know everyone does it.

I don't. And it embarrasses me that my government does.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Its what the CIA does. We spy and kill, its in our nature, its our MO.

Also I bet china does a lot more spying on us. remember the COX report...anyone..?
edit on 023030p://6America/ChicagoFri, 01 Jun 2012 14:58:53 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by intrptr

Its what the CIA does. We spy and kill, its in our nature, its our MO.

Also I bet china does a lot more spying on us. remember the COX report...anyone..?

Thanks for steering me in that direction. I did some checking...

www.asianweek.com...

Seems that case was perpetrated by one Wen Ho Lee who in 2000 was to be released because there was some doubt wether he was guilty of any crime at all? Like US overreacted? According to this link anyway. Don't know enough about it, really.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

A senior administration official, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of diplomatic sensitivities, said the arrest came amid a series of investigations begun after the revelations in the Bo affair. The investigations, authorized by China’s top leaders, have expanded beyond Bo to the Ministry of State Security and now include allegations of improper use of the security services and corruption, the official said.

www.bendbulletin.com...

new topics

top topics

join