It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two 60-foot-tall trees found “snapped off” after unexplained Kalamazoo house-shaking boom

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I am so tempted to stick this thread under UFO/alien because I am really starting to reconsider the rumor that these booms, heard world-wide, are the result of some sort of space-war our military/governments are having with off-world entities.

The reason why I am starting to lean that way is because so far, no earthly explanation satisfies these booms. I thought originally they were coming from down deep within the core and echoing outward, but I'm not so sure a vibration (from Earth's core) can be so localized resulting in a few broken trees.

So, are we having a secret laser/scalar space war with visitors? As off the wall as that sounds I'm not so sure that can be so easily demised anymore.

John A. Nieuwenhuis (KNEE-wen-hice), Owner, Little John's Excavating and Environmental Services, Kalamazoo, Michigan: “My house is fairly new, a 4,000 square foot home built very solidly for tornadoes and everything. You can’t hear anything outside because it’s very soundproofed. But what happened at 8:30 AM, I was looking outside the window and there wasn’t a leaf blowing anywhere. It was just dead quiet. My house is located on 17 acres of woods. I’m right in the middle of the woods. It was an unusual dead quiet.

Then all of a sudden, it was like years ago when there were supersonic booms from aircraft that broke windows in homes. This house just shook, which led me to believe there was an explosion inside, so I thought something blew up in my basement.

So I ran downstairs and nothing. So I went out in my backyard and saw nothing. Then when I went out my front door, I could not believe it. These big trees were down on my driveway. Being a first responder with Rescue, the first thing I thought of was a plane came down. I ran down the driveway on the other side of the trees expecting to find an aircraft, because whatever had happened just targeted two trees in the middle of the woods. But there was nothing there!

www.earthfiles.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
These are no longer 'booms' but rather 'explosions'!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The person reporting this seems very level-headed and intelligent. Not some wacko. Here's a link to a video report of the events.

WWMT Video

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Human love your threads

but what are the chances
it may have been a lighting strike

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
"Powerful fireworks"?????

Who reaches that low and below rational reasoning to come up with a fleeting thought of 'powerful fireworks' and say that out loud and publicly?

Wow. Just who are these 'authorities' we turn to for help anyway?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender
Human love your threads

but what are the chances
it may have been a lighting strike

I think if that was a possibility they would've reported these 'explosions' were heard during inclimate weather. So I am assuming the skies were clear or at least of lightning anyway.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Wow... mind blown.

Both trees that snapped in half were huge. Wish I lived in the area to inspect the tree damage first hand.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I would lean more towards high wind gusts and they were just weak and gave, I know they say it followed a boom....Wind and thunder

If it was some ultra sonic vibrating thingy, wouldn't there be more trees knocked down?

edit on 1-6-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
this booming thing is getting stranger and stranger!! no quakes were recorded but there was a boom that was big enough to shake houses. i just don't get it. the trees could have been weak and broke because of the shaking...... that's the only explanation i can think of for the trees. there would have been other evidence of something if they were hit by an object.

it's either fracking or the earth is cracking up. or.... fracking is making the earth crack up. whatever it is it can't be good.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
According to the news link posted by AnonymousCitizen (few posts up):

Newschannel Three tried to search into what might have caused the explosions but, it was a clear night and there was no earthquake activity reported anywhere in the Midwest.

Air Traffic Control in Kalamazoo says no planes were in the area that might have broken the sound barrier. wwmt.com

These mystery booms seem to be getting worse.

My husband & I started hearing booms in our area a few months ago. I've noticed that when some of them happen we lose our internet connection for a few seconds (at&t highspeed, phone service is never effected)

We live in a very rural area, so what we are hearing could be anything. But it has been odd.

OiO

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
this booming thing is getting stranger and stranger!! no quakes were recorded but there was a boom that was big enough to shake houses. i just don't get it. the trees could have been weak and broke because of the shaking...... that's the only explanation i can think of for the trees. there would have been other evidence of something if they were hit by an object.

it's either fracking or the earth is cracking up. or.... fracking is making the earth crack up. whatever it is it can't be good.

It could be fracking but now that the 'booms' have escalated into 'explosions' I'm just not sure this noise is coming from below anymore.

And if this IS fracking, why aren't the frackers coming to surface to tell us that's what's going on? They're not fracking in secrecy or in the cloak of darkness. It's a legal operation so not sure why they're letting this go on unresolved (if that's what this is), ya know?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
My husband & I started hearing booms in our area a few months ago. I've noticed that when some of them happen we lose our internet connection for a few seconds (at&t highspeed, phone service is never effected)

We live in a very rural area, so what we are hearing could be anything. But it has been odd.

OiO

Interesting! Where do you live?
If you're losing reception as a result of the booms you're hearing then I think it's pretty safe to rule out fracking, no?

I would love to witness what these booms sound like.
Thanks for posting

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Annnd ya just lost me.

“My house is fairly new, a 4,000 square foot home built very solidly for tornadoes and everything.

There is a lie in here somewhere, can anyone else spot it?
mmmhm...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I have a feeling it is some sort of aircraft with cloaking technology. I remember when the concord used to fly, you could hear it come into the atmosphere. Suppose we will never know though.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
did you look for burn marks? cut or saw-like indentations on the wood? funny smells? odd coloring on the broken parts of the branches? out of place rocks other strange material that might have actually hit the trees?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Annnd ya just lost me.

“My house is fairly new, a 4,000 square foot home built very solidly for tornadoes and everything.

mmmhm...

Hmm could You please point it out ,as I do not see anything wrong with that statement ... Or am I missing something there

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

Originally posted by g146541

Annnd ya just lost me.

mmmhm...

Hmm could You please point it out ,as I do not see anything wrong with that statement ... Or am I missing something there

Maybe he's insinuating anything built new today can't withstand a human sneeze let alone a tornado?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
did you look for burn marks? cut or saw-like indentations on the wood? funny smells? odd coloring on the broken parts of the branches? out of place rocks other strange material that might have actually hit the trees?

Are you talking to the video?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
I would lean more towards high wind gusts and they were just weak and gave, I know they say it followed a boom....Wind and thunder

If it was some ultra sonic vibrating thingy, wouldn't there be more trees knocked down?

edit on 1-6-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

I think they have ruled out all weather related factors for that would've been the first and most sensible avenue to investigate.

Plus, high wind gusts would've knocked off a bunch of leaves, no? Plus, I think we think people (especially someone his age which looks to be 50-60) are so completely stupid that they cannot differentiate explosions or booms from thunder by now.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Someone needs to get over there ASAP and get photos of the snapped area of the trees, both parts. Don't let this evidence get away. Especially any evidence of something contacting the trees. Scratches, dents, cuts....

Umm, unless you already know what it is, carry on

edit on 1-6-2012 by All Seeing Eye because: edit to add

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join