It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 tell tale signs of Zombie Epidemic

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I just read some of the Survival Guide and it's quite entertaining lol.

Just one question, he says we've done lab experiments on zombies, fought them, and things like that. Where the hell did he get that from?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Dude, really? I gave a tongue-and-cheek jab at somebody for knocking a tongue-and-cheek thread. You're kidding about taking that seriously, right?

I know sarcasm is hard to detect sometimes but I figured obvious satire and jestly jabs would be easier to pick up on. Do you really think I believe you are a scared little boy lost in the woods? Lighten up, please; it's a zombie thread.

LoL yes dude im kidding.......its the dry sense of humor thats hard to detect on the interwebs

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Zombie Apocalypse has become a fun topic globally.
Every man and his dog seem to be discussing there plan of attack when it happens and my friends and i do so quite often after downing a few brews lol don't know if it should be taking too seriously it's just a bit of fun IMO.

But i do kinda want it to happen lol then there goes all the conspiracies.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
#ing stop with this zombie bull# ffs

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Sounds like rubbish to me but thats MHO

Thats my opinion as well.
This whole zombie apocalypse thing is kind of childish in my opinion.

If people really think something like that is going to happen,I have some magic beans for sale.

Oh give it a rest dude. All I'm doing is taking advantage of the topic of the week to have a little fun with the subject.
If these type of threads upset you that much, dont click on them.

OK wait... if this is a joke thread why is it on ATS in the General Conspiracies forum. Why not post it on BTS where it belongs?

I don't think anyone is upset but definitely long time members are frustrated seeing what is happening to ATS where it used to be that serious discussions and critical thinking were the rule rather than the exception.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by reflexlm
I just read some of the Survival Guide and it's quite entertaining lol.

Just one question, he says we've done lab experiments on zombies, fought them, and things like that. Where the hell did he get that from?

Some people have pretty active and vivid imaginations.. unless?? lol

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Here is the CDC's section for Zombie Preparedness, I think Id trust the Max Brooks version more though.

CDC

Zombie Preparedness

We continue to reach and engage a wide variety of audiences on all hazards preparedness via Zombie Preparedness; and as our own director, Dr. Ali Khan, notes, "If you are generally well equipped to deal with a zombie apocalypse you will be prepared for a hurricane, pandemic, earthquake, or terrorist attack."

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
OK wait... if this is a joke thread why is it on ATS in the General Conspiracies forum. Why not post it on BTS where it belongs?

For the same reason birther and Nibiru threads aren't immediately trashed. It's because there are enough people interested in exploring the possibility. It's also a great exercise populating various scenarios into the search engine here.

The uniqueness with the zombie threads stem from a cultural fear and all of the allegorical contexts it brings to the social table. It's the same reason the CDC takes the zombie apocalypse "seriously". Are there zombies plaguing our planet? Probably not. But there are about a dozen of possible scenarios that could play out that mimic or parallel classic zombie literature and cinema.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Sounds like rubbish to me but thats MHO

Thats my opinion as well.
This whole zombie apocalypse thing is kind of childish in my opinion.

If people really think something like that is going to happen,I have some magic beans for sale.

it's gonna take people like you by surprise the worst... magic beans exist...
edit on 5/31/2012 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
These zombie threads are fun, and for those that take the debunking so seriously I just have to wonder about ya????

Is it really necessary to point out all the logical leaps it would take to be serious about a zombie apocalypse? You do realize most of the posts are in jest. Even if it is a nervous jest right?

Have you actually read the Max Brooks book? It was also in jest, but then again it was very useful.

Here at my survival palace, we keep copies of the Zombie Survival Guide at the house, and in the vehicles, LOL!

My wife keeps a machete in her jeep, and she plans on cutting her hair off at the first sign of zombies, because that is what the survival guide says to do.

I just have to think you guys that are so annoyed by people discussing zombies are probably the ones that are taking it the most seriously, and the same ones that are probably the most scared. The constant debunking of something that is already farcical seems unnecessary unless you are trying to reassure yourselves?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

magic beans exist...

Oh yea, senzu beans...

Senzu Beans (仙豆, Holy Beans) are a kind of mystical bean in the Dragon Ball manga and anime series of immense rejuvenating properties.

DB

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Nope,but I appreciate your opinion.

I think of these threads the same way people worship one of the worst actors of all time....people's sacred Chuck Norris.

I have a good sense of humor but these zombie topics and the Chuck Norris thing really grinds my gears on how everyone jumps on the latest bandwagon because everyone is doing it.

This should go in General chit chat.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by prevenge

magic beans exist...

Oh yea, senzu beans...

Senzu Beans (仙豆, Holy Beans) are a kind of mystical bean in the Dragon Ball manga and anime series of immense rejuvenating properties.

DB

no i'm not joking.. they exist.

some genetic engineer has a bean somewhere where it would grow into a giant beanstalk in minutes.
if not now... in the next 100 years THAT exists.
so what.. how many decades is viral and neuro nanotech gonna have to evolve for you to drop the skepticism and consider it's very real viable prevalence in the realm of possibility... zombies will be "invented" by soe psycho.. or someone who thinks they;re doing the world good by decimating the population...
o wait.. georgia guidestones don't exist.. nobody i power with the money to pay for such a thing to be developed wants less people... hmmm

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
well one thing is for sure: if there ever actually is a zombie apocalypse those zombies are so totally screwed. (take that zombitch)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I to find it humorous but then there are real flesh eating creeps out there, from human sacrifices, to man eating teachers brains to the mom eating her child's brains a and the one that got shot by the Cops eating a mans face. just some acts of Zombies that are in the news lately.

SO yea Zombies are real just not what one thinks of as Zombie.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

I to find it humorous but then there are real flesh eating creeps out there, from human sacrifices, to man eating teachers brains to the mom eating her child's brains a and the one that got shot by the Cops eating a mans face. just some acts of Zombies that are in the news lately.

SO yea Zombies are real just not what one thinks of as Zombie.

Yes, the topic of cannibalism itself is serious, especially with the recent events, however the "survival guide" that I posted was just me kidding around.
Seem that there are people on here that have the proverbial stick in a place i wont mention, that believe every topic has to be dead serious and there is no room for a little humor.
I tend to just ignore them now though.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

you have to ask "what was he /she thinking " when they made that book. Did they not know some would think/ take it for real? books like that should have a warning in them , like This book is intended for amusement only, should not be taken as fact, but then how many would read that sentence.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by Juggernog

you have to ask "what was he /she thinking " when they made that book. Did they not know some would think/ take it for real? books like that should have a warning in them , like This book is intended for amusement only, should not be taken as fact, but then how many would read that sentence.

Oh yea, like Hot cups of coffee require warning labels that say "contents are hot" Do not put between legs and drive away from the drive thru window

Or warnings on plastic bags "do not place over head" lol
Nah, I think his intent is clear, no need for a disclaimer.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Maybe it was meant seriously? Who knows? Either way, the information inside is useful.

Zombie Hunters website is an extremely useful website for survivalists, and the zombie aspect makes it light-hearted and keeps it from drawing negative attention.

The CDC found it useful as well when they prepared their book, "Preparedness 101: Zombie Pandemic."

FEMA and the Red Cross have both re-publicized the CDC book on their own, and many states, counties, and cities are now doing likewise.

Nothing wrong with being prepared.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

It's a joke until somebody gets their face chewed off

I thought this thread would be interesting simply because I was recently watching some videos of people calling 911 over fast food services, some poor racial behavior, even watched a video of Israel protesters that included grandmas spewing out some vileness with barely the self-control to restrain from violence. It seems to me that the slightest trigger (whatever that might be) seems to be able to rile up a mass of people to act in ways that boggle the mind. Is it something in the air? I don't know, but, certainly this thread could have kicked some ideas around

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join