It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFo footage over NZ .Timelapse night scene

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Awesome!! Specially that 2nd one, Just wish it wasnt a time lapse as it adds more factors into the equation.

I do have a bad feeling that they are just planes though, if you look after the 2nd one leaves there seems to be something else in the distance behind it, as if its coming into land. It could also be a star though, its just above the horizon through the trees.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Horsefarmer1000

i was asleep while this happened...it looks like 2 of these objects were close to the ground up the farm..it's hard to tell!
recorded between 2am to 4am this morning short timelapse ..camera was pointing towards the back of the farm..North towards the ocean...I'm in Rotorua... alot of activity

If the uploader was asleep while the camera, NOT cameras, were rolling, how is it possible that there are different angle shots in the clip? Something doesn't sit well with me on this.

However, those are some pretty bright lights. I wonder how the different time lapses actually affect our ability to analyze the object(s) in question whether they are alien ships, or domestic aircrafts. I know that early in the mornings there are pilots out there flying crop planes with bright headlights on them in the country sides here in Canada. But then again, I have never seen THAT bright of a light before.

edit on 24-5-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: spelling

edit on 24-5-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added quote

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Edit - for comparison, a different timelapse vid, showing aircraft...

edit on 24-5-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

thanks for wasting 2 mins of my life!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The one that takes off slowly then gets bright and then zips off is most likely a helicopter.

And to be frank and honest IT IS MOVING SLOW...yep slow. This is time lapse so if it moves across the screen in a few seconds this is not a real time speed!

I take time lapse and because you are taking a shot every minute or ever few minutes there is a lapse of time...hence time lapse.

So yeah they appear anomolous because of how quickly they move off but honestly I would be more freaked out if they moved very slowly and then were gone. Or if this were a real time capture.

Cool video but I doubt a UFO...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
They are not zipping away at great speeds...
Read the title of the OP...timelapse.

Meaning the supposed craft....is most likely going at normal speed.
edit on 24-5-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I can

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Here is a picture I took the other night of a plane landing at Dulles, which is about 3 miles from that spot. The plane is pretty low. It is a 30 second exposure, meaning the trail of airplane lights is 30 seconds of movement. There is also star movement too, but it is ever so slight, as it is only 30 seconds..

That guy was definitely recording with a pretty wide angle, much like my photo, so those lights, however big they were, were moving pretty damn slow, but instant pick up in speed is interesting. Real or fake, I just have to offer this photo. Open the image in a new tab to see the extent of star drag from this long exposure, aka time lapse.

edit on 24-5-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I still dont understand why UFO threads are under the "alien sub-forum"

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Spam removed by admin.

Please see your PM inbox for a link to our Terms and Conditions explaining advertising on ATS.
edit on May 24th 2012 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

If these were taken from 2-4 in the morning, on one particular morning, while the camera operator was asleep, then who moved the camera to capture the different views?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CagliostroTheGreat

Originally posted by gortex
From the youtuber ...

camera was pointing towards the back of the farm..North towards the ocean...I'm in Rotorua

6.7 km NE of Rotorua is Rotorua Regional Airport ,they do look like other time lapse videos of planes so I would say that's probably the source of the lights

you also have to take into account that the youtube user also states that the camera was facing "north toward the ocean"
how exactly does one explain an airport in the ocean?
though i suppose the flights could be incoming ones from polynesia and the like...
i, however, have a hard time believing these are airplanes...
but perhaps i am just predisposed to that beliefe due to a longheld belief in ETs...

Rotorua is inland, almost in the center of the North Island.

When you are on an island, every direction is "towards the ocean".

The use of wording like this, the fact that the camera is pointing towards a regional airport, and the shifting of "views" occurring while the farmer was asleep leads me to believe that this is fake.

edit on 24/5/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LIESguy
Spam removed by admin.

Please see your PM inbox for a link to our Terms and Conditions explaining advertising on ATS.
edit on May 24th 2012 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

I'm only advertising my opinion, i cant do that ?. I just find it strange ,thats all.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
cant wait for someone to come and say "oh i was there and we were releasing party chinese lanterns, it was us guys, case closed"
jesus

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Now that's the best footage, I've ever seen. Love to see how the UFO debunkers are going to debunk this? Lightening speed Chinese lanterns.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
it would be interesting to calculate the speed of the objects... I am sure it's possible given we have star movement.
I mean for me considering it's a timelapse the airplane theory is invalid because at such speed they would... fall.
So that leaves us with either a nice superimposed hoax where the hoaxer was too lasy to tweak the background speed, or with some very luminous UFOs that hovered over this area in a very chilled mood.
I mean is this common out there? because those things are just "out there" and they're taking their time. Hard to miss... must be other witnesses...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Great footage

I don't think Rotorua airport is open all night so that would rule out aircraft

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
www.openureyes.org.nz.../3790
Significant Increase In UFO Activity Over New Zealand 2012
Tue, 05/22/2012 - 16:48 —
OFF site content below
"UFO landings have been witnessed as well as non-human entities. The spike in activity has mainly been occurring in the northern part of the North Island."
More reports here
www.ufocusnz.org.nz...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...
Posted on Monday, 21 May, 2012
"I've got 30 (UFO/UAP) reports on my desk at the moment from the upper North Island and Northland from the past couple of weeks that we're yet to process [on top of the many others] ... It's unprecedented," she said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------
A scientist claims to have seen a landing and non-human entities
www.ufocusnz.org.nz...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

The one that changes directlon was filmed in time lapse (watch the stars in the background). Therefore we are seeing the object speeded up, as was already said it could easily be a helicopter.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Wow! Great footage, yea the object that took off at high speed was pretty interesting . I know that's no fake I see UFOs often myself I just wish I could catch them on camera sometimes, thanks for sharing that footage enjoyed it. Love&peace

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
When is somebody finally gonna spill the beans and tell the truth, theres people that know but dont speak, WHY!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
It looks like a mash-up of aircraft, possibly the odd meteorite or satellite and a highly suspect cgi section at .37sec. Quite deceptive because it's a sort of visual pick-and-mix.
edit on 25-5-2012 by jamdan because: typo

<< 1    3 >>

join