It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Mount St. Helens Erupts; Magma Eruption Expected

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
Current harmonic data

For reference here is the harmonic data from yesterday during and after the eruption.

The current data looks almost as bad as during the eruption.
Very spooky folks.

It has stopped as of now. It could be a long night they said.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This volcano is very strange,I live 50 miles away and have spent alot of time up here.....I feel that a big explosion is going to occur soon.I have "felt" energy all week, and many nights my sleep was broken up by this energy.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
My husband & I rode our bike to Mt St Helens today and were denied access to Johnson ridge observatory. I was really hoping to get some pic's to share with you. Sounds like things are getting a little more scary as the day's go by. It was a beautiful day for a ride today anyway

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
It has stopped as of now. It could be a long night they said.

Yeah it had stopped, but I just refreshed the data from both the Cedar Falls and the South Ridge stations and they are picking back up.

EDIT: And there it goes again, dropping off.
Going to be a long strange night.

[edit on 10/2/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Meh, call me when the liquid hot magma starts a-rolling. Till then it's just blowing smoke. Let's taunt it! "You call yourself a volcano!? You're sad, you're just barely a smoke hole!"

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I've shot out more gas today then you have .... Little girly volcano.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well, i do hope nothing happens over there for the sake of those who live close to the volcano. Please do keep us posted on any changes.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Something for sure IS going to happen.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Its now 4:29 pacific and i can see the volcano from my patio window.its odd to be next to a volcano when its spewing steam and ash,,im thinking the magma will explode out in the next day or 2....

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
its not spewing at this very moment mind you,,but intermittently...soon though,,,,POOF!!!!@@

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Forgive my ignorance but I keep hearing a huge range of reports. Are they expecting something the size of what happened 18 years ago or are they expecting something on a much smaller scale?
And does anyone know of a link for the volcano cam that is live? The one that I have only updates every 5 minutes. A lot can happen in 5 minutes!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
***WA/OR Members***

If any of you have access to a digital camera, some photos would be a great addition to this thread!
Provide photos .... receive some "extra credit" points!

Evacuation traffic, steam venting, any visible lava (in coming days/weeks), anything dealing with MSH's sudden activity would be awesome.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Forgive my ignorance but I keep hearing a huge range of reports. Are they expecting something the size of what happened 18 years ago or are they expecting something on a much smaller scale?
And does anyone know of a link for the volcano cam that is live? The one that I have only updates every 5 minutes. A lot can happen in 5 minutes!

Jemison

They are not, But they where not 18 years ago. They dont know.

Yesterday they said the steam was going to be it. They really just dont know. Its chaos, how can you know what is going to happen in chaos.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
***WA/OR Members***

If any of you have access to a digital camera, some photos would be a great addition to this thread!
Provide photos .... receive some "extra credit" points!

Evacuation traffic, steam venting, any visible lava (in coming days/weeks), anything dealing with MSH's sudden activity would be awesome.

Very good. better yet a camra phone.

[edit on 2-10-2004 by SpittinCobra]

SMR

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Yes,images from members would be great!
If anyone needs me to host them,I would be more than happy.

As for the cam,the only one there is,is located at www.fs.fed.us...
I too dislike the 5min refresh.Wish they would set it at 2min

There was a news team that had live video incase things went bad,but it went into soaps and they turned it off.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well, I'm in WA but 5 hrs away so I wont be takin pics. As far away as we are, we're downwind and got the blackness and dusted in 80'.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Tick Tock Tick Tock, just a matter of moments before the ash goes up and the sun gets blocked for a few hundred thousand people.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
I've shot out more gas today then you have .... Little girly volcano.

You tease her?

Shame on you

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
You tease her?

Shame on you

What you couldn't see was me turned around, shaking and spanking my ass while I did it.

C'mon Helen

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dangermouse
Well, I'm in WA but 5 hrs away so I wont be takin pics. As far away as we are, we're downwind and got the blackness and dusted in 80'.

If, and I mean IF, she does spew a bunch more ash, and you get blackout conditions like you did in '80, those could also be some fairly dramatic pics.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join