It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Agents in Canada: "RCMP to ease Canadians into the idea"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Uncle Sam could soon be coming after you on Canadian soil.

According to an article in Embassy Magazine, the Harper government is moving forward on several initiatives that could give U.S. FBI and DEA agents the ability to pursue suspects across the land border and into Canada. But, according to a RCMP officer, they're doing it in "baby steps."

"We recognized early that this approach would raise concerns about sovereignty, of privacy, and civil liberties of Canadians," RCMP Chief Superintendent Joe Oliver, the Mounties' director general for border integrity, told the Senate Committee on National Security and Defence on May 14. "We said 'Let's take baby steps, let's start with two agencies to test the concept, let's demonstrate to Canadians and Americans that such an approach might work."

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Don't worry about, they're only after you if you're a terrorist. (Which now can be anything from wearing a mask at a protest)

I'm used to seeing, on the East Coast, US Soldiers in NB around CFB Gagetown (Largest infantry training base in North America) and around the border, but this appears to be a more secretive approach.

I think us Canadians are a little too smart to be "eased" into allowing US Agents to arrest Canadian citizens.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
They will not be allowed to arrest canadian citizens at all, if they want to drive over the border to grab an american drug suspect or some other american criminal that crossed the border, thats perfectly fine as long as that is -all- they are doing.

If an american cop arrests a canadian citizen on canadian soil. Lets just say, i can't wait to see the public reaction

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I'm used to seeing, on the East Coast, US Soldiers in NB around CFB Gagetown (Largest infantry training base in North America) and around the border, but this appears to be a more secretive approach.

comparing apples and bags of feces? Gagetown trains various nato affiliated soldiers, at any given time you'll find Americans, Germans, Britts, Austrailians, hell you name it, all training there. That, in no way, worries me.

allowing us agencies to operate within Canada when out legal systems aren't linked? Bad news....

Because we already know where this leads:

"This is all good and well, but if only we could standardize and link our judicial systems, then it would be so much easier to protect you"

And then we have America 2.0 with more beer, less guns, and much better pot.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Us agents have been active in Canada since forever

Zundle was black bagged in the us, held for years without trial in Canada, then shipped to a country that had laws, and a court system where he could be " legally" incarcerated.
This is the globalist model.
They took advantage of the antisemitic shtick to get away with this in the public eye, but really it was for everyone.Which is the purpose of the antisemitic shtic

the truth is no defence he was told..defending yourself is proof you are guilty...

Ken Taylor the Canadian Ambassadore to Iran during the hostage crisis was after the fact, outed as a CIA asset.
Harper himself is likely a foreign assette.
edit on 23-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
It is highly likely Harper is a CIA asset.....His policy is lockstep with us policy.
The two definatey merging in smal increments.
Theres aready DEA offices in major cities and DEA heicopters in the skies come summer tim e.....
DHS has visited a local cannery which cans salmon for tourists who come to fish.....Walked right in and started teling the owner what he could and cloud not do.
The arrogant attitude better get wiped off their demeanor if they plan to make a low key entry in to Canada.......
Truth be known most Canadians cannot stand that US superiority complex.....It grates on the nerves immediately...
If we see these SOBs in our country trying to arrest and detain Canadians theres ikely to be a riot or two.....
If the goverment tries to join the states theres likely to be revolution.You can only push us just so far.....then stand back, we are a determined people........
Most have had enough of the US bullying the world by now....even if Harpers unaware of this.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

They have been forced to leave on many occasions, almost in the manner of higher dimensional beings telling them to leave....and if they want to come more, they are welcome to try

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
It is highly likely Harper is a CIA asset.....His policy is lockstep with us policy.
The two definatey merging in smal increments.
Theres aready DEA offices in major cities and DEA heicopters in the skies come summer tim e.....
DHS has visited a local cannery which cans salmon for tourists who come to fish.....Walked right in and started teling the owner what he could and cloud not do.
The arrogant attitude better get wiped off their demeanor if they plan to make a low key entry in to Canada.......
Truth be known most Canadians cannot stand that US superiority complex.....It grates on the nerves immediately...
If we see these SOBs in our country trying to arrest and detain Canadians theres ikely to be a riot or two.....
If the goverment tries to join the states theres likely to be revolution.You can only push us just so far.....then stand back, we are a determined people........
Most have had enough of the US bullying the world by now....even if Harpers unaware of this.

That wouldn't surprise me, that Harper could be a CIA asset. Just like Trudeau was a trained jesuit priest selected by the queen (actually true and Stanfield knew it but didn't use that information) to run Canada (into the ground). Harper's policies and Bills are becoming more and more draconian. Bill C-6 (then became Bill C-36) list "Government" as any government, agency or corporation, foreign or domestic which allows our dumbass government to give our personal information to any corporation, anywhere in the world, including that corner store in Mumbai, India. We have a mess on our hands and with these new asinine policies of allowing US agencies free and clear access, with no rule-of-law restrictions as to responsibility or accountability, we are in a load of trouble.

Of course, if they have no specific laws to handle this, then US police/FBI/agents are then lay people with no additional rights (which they should not have in any case) and will be treated as such. In Ontario, if they go north of #7 and try and raid or accost someone, I expect it will end badly with a resident stating. "they wuz trespassing, I gots them signs up an they wouldn't leave, so they dun got shot as I wuz defendin myself, they shoulda not oughtta pulled them guns out." I can see that scenario playing out.

Letting the US FBI/police/agents/military into Canada is a bad idea on a whole lot of levels and will end badly regardless of who gets out of line or who kicks who's ass.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/23.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
As of April 20, 2012 the Department of Homeland Security has a "base" in Altona, Manitoba.

Betcha didn't hear THAT on the good 'ol CBC

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
As of April 20, 2012 the Department of Homeland Security has a "base" in Altona, Manitoba.

Betcha didn't hear THAT on the good 'ol CBC

[img]http://

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Uncle Sam could soon be coming after you on Canadian soil.

According to an article in Embassy Magazine, the Harper government is moving forward on several initiatives that could give U.S. FBI and DEA agents the ability to pursue suspects across the land border and into Canada. But, according to a RCMP officer, they're doing it in "baby steps."

"We recognized early that this approach would raise concerns about sovereignty, of privacy, and civil liberties of Canadians," RCMP Chief Superintendent Joe Oliver, the Mounties' director general for border integrity, told the Senate Committee on National Security and Defence on May 14. "We said 'Let's take baby steps, let's start with two agencies to test the concept, let's demonstrate to Canadians and Americans that such an approach might work."

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Don't worry about, they're only after you if you're a terrorist. (Which now can be anything from wearing a mask at a protest)

I think us Canadians are a little too smart to be "eased" into allowing US Agents to arrest Canadian citizens.

Can be smart all we like. Doesn't make us any less apathetic.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It was DEA agents who sent the Canadian activist Mark Emery to a US federal prison in 2005. He's jailed to this day, in an American federal prison away from his home and his loved one, for the crime of selling a seed. American agents operating in Canada with the full support of the Canadian authorities isn't something new, its been going on for years. Every Candian government for the last 30 years has sold out a little part of Canada's sovereignty to foreign interests. Our nation is a shambles, one needs only look to the situation on the streets of Quebec to see the road that Canada as a whole is going down.

top topics

join