It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Good UFO Sighting From a Plane in Daylight - Oklahoma City, USA - 05/03/2012

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Im going with CGI, not because thats what everyone is saying, but as an Engineer, I took some classes during my college years, and some had to do with photoshopping adding reflections, you can clearly tell this is a fake, just by the colors incorporated, by the reflection that was clearly added. terrible CGI if you ask me. I think the reason its wobbles so much is to cover the guys flaws in the UFO added to the video.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It's a balloon. The folks on "Fact or Faked" (I think that's the shows name on SciFi) Took that video and were able to recreate it. The reason it's moving in funny ways and reflective is because it's a silver balloon. lol Will try to find a link to the show.
edit on 5/14/1212 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoAngel2u
It's a balloon. The folks on "Fact or Faked" (I think that's the shows name on SciFi) Took that video and were able to recreate it. The reason it's moving in funny ways and reflective is because it's a silver balloon. lol Will try to find a link to the show.

This hoaxer already has been found out using still images and the adding CGI 'UFOs' and as I have already stated the camera shake, pan and zoom has been added.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ModerateMartian

Yes, I saw the "camera shake". Random movements of a hand held device, without knowledge of the physical conditions at the tie of recording are not a useable criteria.

Now, if you had entioned something about the edges of objects in the frame, or the movement of those objects frame to frame. You might have something, but, you didn't. (sigh)

While I feel that it is "fake" in some way. I do not feel that it is neccessarily CGI. There are plenty of other ways to make that particular video without emlying CGI.

Oh, almost forgot the sount track! That was not recorded on a modern aircraft.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda

Yes, I saw the "camera shake". Random movements of a hand held device, without knowledge of the physical conditions at the tie of recording are not a useable criteria.

Now, if you had entioned something about the edges of objects in the frame, or the movement of those objects frame to frame. You might have something, but, you didn't. (sigh)

While I feel that it is "fake" in some way. I do not feel that it is neccessarily CGI. There are plenty of other ways to make that particular video without emlying CGI.

Oh, almost forgot the sount track! That was not recorded on a modern aircraft.

All pretty well moot anyway as the uploader is a serial hoaxer who uses CGI and has been found to add fake camera movement and CGI 'UFOs' to still images...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

All pretty well moot anyway as the uploader is a serial hoaxer who uses CGI and has been found to add fake camera movement and CGI 'UFOs' to still images...

Moot, perhaps in this case. But, I think all y'al need to get your CGI s*it together.

This clown is incompetent when it comes to vide, but, what would you say to even a good amateur producing a video? Would you accept it as "real" or proclaim it CGI?

I agree that most is pure BS, CGI. most of it done by folks that have absolutely no idea which tools to use, how to produce the animation, compose the scene, etc. Never mind how to deal with the over-shoot and ringing in key-frame animation.
But, I have to ask...what will you think of a properly produced CGI?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
No proof it is real, no proof it is fake. I guess we should all keep an open mind!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoAngel2u

Yup, that was my first thought as well. Here's the clip I think you're talking about:

And here's the inflatable flying saucer:

www.wholesaleinflatable.com...

The clip is an interesting one, because it was clearly proven NOT to be a hoax. A crew was making a movie and legitimately filming a flying saucer inflatable as part of it. People saw it from a distance and became convinced they were seeing an alien spaceship. They videotaped it and reported it to MUFON. This is a great example of why I think 99% of sightings are a simple case of misidentification.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willease
The CGI video in question is one out of forty posted on his Youtube page, that's hint number one.
All the other people on the plane were...sleeping? Nobody else had a phone with a video camera?

Yet this idiotic video will be debated for two more pages?!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda

This clown is incompetent when it comes to vide, but, what would you say to even a good amateur producing a video? Would you accept it as "real" or proclaim it CGI?

If I don't know I would say I don't know one way or the other.

But, I have to ask...what will you think of a properly produced CGI?

I regard all UFOs with a heavy degree of scepticism as they can be faked, which I have seen more times than I can remember. It would have to be something quite extraordinary for me to think it's some sort of evidence, proof well that's another matter all together.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

An honest skeptic! I salute you sir.

Yes extrardinary indeed. Yet, I am such an amateur aniator, it kind of a hobby. At times, I have produced "stills" that are, quite extraordinary, could "fool" even the most hardened. Yet, I can point out errors in ever one of my images. Lighting, prop orientation, size anomalies, persective, materials and textures used...it can be a long list

And, now, I may even have figured out how to properly animate (over-shot, ringing, and other animation issues can be real bears).

I guess what I'm trying to say is; these vides don't neccessarily have to be CGI, and in fact, there may be no real way to test that. The video in question "could" be very real, and simply a case of mis-identification. But, I see a lot of cases here where CGI is the "default" response, when, in fact, it may not be CGI at all.

Many of the videos I've seen, if they were CGI, were soe of the worst attempts ever, but, maybe that is the whle thought..."its so bad, no one will suspect it's fake."

BTW, I will never release one of my creaations with full credit going to the creator (me). If I were to put that much work into a video, I would want the whole world to know what a good animator I am (besides, it might make a decent second career for me).

I just can't see making a bunch of really poor videos and claiming they are real, "normal" flks have better things to do. Howeve, making a video of soething One does not understand, and putting One's own iterpretation on it IS quite normal. Thus, all the shaking, stupid lens work, etc, starts to become; "just some silly person confronted with something he does not understand".

CGI, not CGI, makes little difference. Unexplained, is unexplained. My fear is that instead of "UFO" / "Aliens" being the default for the unexplained, it becomes CGI. Neither is correct, both are wrong.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
i used to think if we're ever to find evidence et exists it'll be from civilians but the photoshop/cgi/personal computer fakers are putting us back years. just a quick off topic suggestion for similarity.. we know "The Church" will fall and it's planed so God will use evangelists to save any reaming "good" people left and is why they're persecuted so much and people put in place to fail miserably so that when it's time for them to do their thing we won't look to them or trust them whatsoever and this is kinda what's going on with private sector pic's and vid clips i'd like to think people are inherently good but the truth is.. we're not when it comes down to this sort of thing. at this point no matter how awesome a pic or vid is i'm not sure if any of us will believe it till the millions of us on the planet have our own personal experience. my last point is.. even if the crafts we see are real how are we to even know if it's us or et's at this point?

i don't like the fact that there are so many different types of crafts you'd think there would be a mother ship carrying 1 type of craft for each race of alien so unless there's a local C. Harper New And Used Alien Craft Dealership somewhere out there i don't think it's legit. i look at the simplest of facts.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

You have been at this too long to not know a fake as obvious as this one is fake. So why post it?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The CGI video in question is one out of forty posted on his Youtube page, that's hint number one.
All the other people on the plane were...sleeping? Nobody else had a phone with a video camera?

I think it just goes to illustrate the sorry state the UFO field is in. The old evidence is old. The new evidence is lousy. And there haven't been any landmark cases in a long time. Very much a doldrums. So people will spend a lot of time debating something that is obviously junk, because they have nothing else to consider.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by n3mesis
we know "The Church" will fall and it's planed so God will use evangelists to save any reaming "good" people left and is why they're persecuted so much and people put in place to fail miserably so that when it's time for them to do their thing we won't look to them or trust them

The Church isn't going to fall anytime soon. As proven by this video, there will always be plenty of people around to believe in whatever hogwash someone tells them, regardless of the quality (or complete lack) of the evidence.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Why would someone post a fake video of a UFO

you gotta be joking right?

How many fake videos of UFOs do you know of? seriously? And the reasons why are just as numerous as the number of fakes........

How can you be objective, when you display thought like that sentence?

Im not attacking you, it just seems to me that that sort of thought doesnt foster objectivity when trying to find GENUINE evidence........

Vid: Fake shake, why is this UFO maneuvering like this? as if to display what it can do? little odd, and just the thing someone would add , to try and OVER sell their fake footage.....

Not to mention these people are suppose to be flying, yet both seem stationary.......youd be able to tell movement if the video was real...........

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

I think it just goes to illustrate the sorry state the UFO field is in. The old evidence is old. The new evidence is lousy. And there haven't been any landmark cases in a long time. Very much a doldrums. So people will spend a lot of time debating something that is obviously junk, because they have nothing else to consider.

I have to agree! There are very few new cases that seem even slightly interesting of worthy of consideration. And just tons of junk. The number of hoaxes is clearly going through the roof. Every blur recorded on every crappy cell phone gets submitted as "I didn't see this UFO but is this a real UFO?"...

And of course, there are the paranoid who figure that ever spider or bug bite is irrefutable evidence that they are getting abducted by aliens.

I'm sure there are still some "real UFOs" that aren't totally obvious natural phenomena (like stars and planets, or regular planes approaching), but for some reason, all the noise is quickly pushing whatever "signal" there remains into oblivion.
edit on 14-5-2012 by bluestreak53 because: added barf

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
3 pages for a fake UFO video, that the OP surely had to know was fake, but posted anyway. ATS, if you want to be cream of the crop, time to nip the stuff like this that makes us all look like idiots in the but. Put in the hoax forum and warn the OP. If the OP claims they thought is might be real, they are full of it, they know better.

This is a troll thread, giving clicks to some idiot's youtube channel.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Ben81

You have been at this too long to not know a fake as obvious as this one is fake. So why post it?

I like UFO videos in plain day light
when one is filmed at night .. easier to fake
but in the day .. even with photoshop
creating this kind of fake in day light takes a long time

didnt see the fact or faked episode where they are discussing it
was it already debunked ? .. i though this ufo video was new (05/03/2012)
first time i was seeing this video . and it wasnt on ATS

we cant rely on the fact or faked show .. we are better debunkers then them

edit on 5/14/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gameisupman
3 pages for a fake UFO video, that the OP surely had to know was fake, but posted anyway. ATS, if you want to be cream of the crop, time to nip the stuff like this that makes us all look like idiots in the but. Put in the hoax forum and warn the OP. If the OP claims they thought is might be real, they are full of it, they know better.

This is a troll thread, giving clicks to some idiot's youtube channel.

Even if its fake
its the first time i see such swing
and it was pretty detailed under the craft triangle with the 3 dots near the center
many dont debunkers here dont realise that it is a pretty realistic video to me with a detailed craft
we dont know how they fly .. but they surely can since the craft itself control gravity
it could make a swing like .. see many ufos videos making a heavy u turn at great speed

[

This image seems very real and not altered
edit on 5/14/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join